Yahweh yes but not Jehovah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brodav9

Dec 26, 2011
Sylacauga Al. U.S.A.
After being taught by a Theologian for years and learning from him that there is no Jehovah, He had taught us why. I believed him. but years later saw it proven in the book Biblical Hebrew an introductory Grammar by Page H. Kelley ---got this book in the university bookstore. It is what they use in their curriculum. page 32. My info was Peter Galatinus in the early 1500s. in the book it is the Masoretic find of the mistake of his crossing Adonay with Yahweh, using the vowels.

Why this is important to me and should be to others is that ---how would you like to hear hay you come here Mr. banana. Being funny there to make a point. My post name is brodav9 not coocoobits. being funny again--- God who is due all respect is preferred to be called father. his son's name is what he prefers the most Jesus. He is not offended if we call him Yahweh---means I am to be..
Jehovah is a man made false name.

another technical error is Alleluia. it means nothing. 000000000000 it must be Halleluia. it must have the H. I am not a critic only get it right on things that are important.

One of them is that the blood shed on the cross must be holy. Those who teach that he was first to be born again and that his blood didn't atone on the cross, and that he had to wrestle keys from Satan in hell then he was born again. Which is taught by most TV evangelists is heresy. If Jesus said on the cross it is finished--and he did, and that today to the thief you will be with me in paradise, not 3 days later after I come out of hell saved.

One fellow said to me one day, " how can my sins literally be put on him when that was over 2,000 years ago. I told him that is because he took the sins away by being our substitute---took our punishment. The Greek misunderstanding is that translated to English and thereby many think he literally took our sins upon himself. Our sins were removed by him through forgiveness. He took our punishment. Isa. 53: the chastisement of our peace was upon him---punishment to him gave us peace with God.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Exod 6:3
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
(KJV)

The KJV translators transliterated the Name. It's actually YHVH in the acrostics of the Book of Esther.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Brodav9,

Would you care to bring scripture to this statement?

The Greek misunderstanding is that translated to English and thereby many think he literally took our sins upon himself.

What is the 'Greek misundestanding', please?

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
After being taught by a Theologian for years and learning from him that there is no Jehovah, He had taught us why. I believed him. but years later saw it proven in the book Biblical Hebrew an introductory Grammar by Page H. Kelley ---got this book in the university bookstore. It is what they use in their curriculum. page 32. My info was Peter Galatinus in the early 1500s. in the book it is the Masoretic find of the mistake of his crossing Adonay with Yahweh, using the vowels.

Why this is important to me and should be to others is that ---how would you like to hear hay you come here Mr. banana. Being funny there to make a point. My post name is brodav9 not coocoobits. being funny again--- God who is due all respect is preferred to be called father. his son's name is what he prefers the most Jesus. He is not offended if we call him Yahweh---means I am to be..
Jehovah is a man made false name.

another technical error is Alleluia. it means nothing. 000000000000 it must be Halleluia. it must have the H. I am not a critic only get it right on things that are important.

One of them is that the blood shed on the cross must be holy. Those who teach that he was first to be born again and that his blood didn't atone on the cross, and that he had to wrestle keys from Satan in hell then he was born again. Which is taught by most TV evangelists is heresy. If Jesus said on the cross it is finished--and he did, and that today to the thief you will be with me in paradise, not 3 days later after I come out of hell saved.

One fellow said to me one day, " how can my sins literally be put on him when that was over 2,000 years ago. I told him that is because he took the sins away by being our substitute---took our punishment. The Greek misunderstanding is that translated to English and thereby many think he literally took our sins upon himself. Our sins were removed by him through forgiveness. He took our punishment. Isa. 53: the chastisement of our peace was upon him---punishment to him gave us peace with God.
There is no "H" in the Greek, but the 'a' in alleluia does have a diacritical mark in the Greek which means it is an aspirated "a", properly pronounced as "Halleluia".

There is no hard "J" sound in Hebrew, and it is usually a form of derision to use it as when the prophets refer to Israel as "Jezreel", or "Jezebel" No one would name their child Jezebel, but incidentally, the anglicized pronunciation happens to be Isabel so go figure.

"Is the name pronounced "Yahweh" or "Yahveh"? asked the lad. The rabbi responded, "Yahveh". Thanks, replied the boy, and the rabbi said, "Your velcome".

There is also no "w" sound in Hebrew so Yahweh is also incorrect. In point of fact, no one knows how to pronounce the name correctly with any certainty except God Himself.