YES, Lord Jesus Christ DID Claim To Be GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear....there is just no getting through that centuries old indoctrination.....is there?

Is that what John said? Or is that something God told Moses when he made the request to see God’s glory, way back before Jesus began his earthly mission....before the Israelites even entered the Promised Land?
What was God’s reply?.....

19 “He said: "I will let all My goodness pass before you; I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you, and I will favor when I wish to favor, and I will have compassion when I wish to have compassion."
20 And He said, "You will not be able to see My face, for man shall not see Me and live."
(Exodus 33:19-20. Jewish Tanakh)

Yes, apparently we as mere mortals cannot see the Creator because he is too glorious and his magnificence would end our life.....we cannot even look at the sun as part of his creation because it would damage us.....and our sun is tiny compared to other stars in the heavens......and a great distance away from us.....what John said is that “no man has seen God at any time”....and yet the trinitarians insist that we have.....who is not telling the truth? Thousands of people saw Jesus.

John also called Christ “the only begotten god” (monogenes theos) so perhaps you can explain how the eternal God is begotten? As it was mentioned before, the pre-human Jesus was the “beginning of God’s creation” (Rev 3:14)....so he is part of that creation. Col 1:15 also identifies him as the “firstborn of ALL creation”, so again, he is the first created being....the “only begotten son” of his Father. As Paul tells us, “all things came into existence through” the son...the “Master Workman” at his Father’s side in creation. (Col 1:16-17; Prov 8:30-31)

You cannot sustain your belief by scripture....no matter how much you protest.....it simply is not there.
No amount is scripture will convince you because you don’t want to believe it....you have a lot to lose, but so much to gain by seeing what is written, rather than what is suggested. Only God can open blinded eyes.
Have you ever read the NWT Aunty?

John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

Peter said to Jesus, "Lord you know ALL THINGS"! ONLY God knows all things!

NWT Isaiah 9 Jesus is called "Mighty God".

NWT Jesus / Jehovah are called "the First and the Last". NOBODY ELSE!

NWT Jesus / Jehovah are said to "search the minds and hearts"! NOBODY ELSE!

I don't think Aunty has ever read the JW bible.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word have a beginning, but before all creation, whether in Heaven or on earth. (John 1:1)

Too bad you don't understand what John 1:1-3 is saying...

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Word (Jesus) was with God from the beginning... In the beginning
was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

No need to scold Davy cause what He said is correct.agree.gif

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:9
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and you do not know Me yet, Philip, nor recognize clearly who I am? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father?’
Is that what Jesus literally meant? That he was the Father?
So Jesus was praying to himself in John 17?
And when Jesus said (as he was dying), “My God, my God, why have You forsaken me”, he really meant, “Me, me, why have I forsaken me?”

If you still think Jesus literally meant he was the Father, then what about when Saul was converted, at Acts 9:3,4? Jesus said, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?
Then again, he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.”

Did Saul persecute Jesus?
No, Saul was persecuting Jesus’ disciples. But, using the reasoning you support, Jesus is his disciples.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when Jesus said (as he was dying), “My God, my God, why have You forsaken me”, he really meant, “Me, me, why have I forsaken me?”

If you still think Jesus literally meant he was the Father, then what about when Saul was converted, at Acts 9:3,4? Jesus said, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?

No, Saul was persecuting Jesus’ disciples. But, using the reasoning you support, Jesus is his disciples.
John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

Jesus certainly is God of the Bible!

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that you have done it again….quoted a verse out of context and given it the wrong interpretation….

First of all….how does this chapter of Isaiah begin?
Fom the Jewish Tanakh…..Isaiah 42:1….
”Behold My servant, I will support him, My chosen one, whom My soul desires; I have placed My spirit upon him, he shall promulgate justice to the nations.”
Who is Jehovah’s “servant”? Certainly not himself.

This chapter is about the servant of Jehovah who was to come…it is prophetic.
Through the prophet Isaiah, Jehovah inspired a series of prophecies directly related to his Son. These prophecies help us to “look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith,” Christ Jesus. They shed light on his personality, his sufferings, and his exaltation as our King and Redeemer.

Verse 13 speaks about Jehovah going out “like a hero; like a warrior”…..

13 The Lord shall go out like a hero; like a warrior shall He arouse zeal; He shall shout, He shall even cry, He shall overpower His foes.יגיְהֹוָה֙ כַּגִּבּ֣וֹר יֵצֵ֔א כְּאִ֥ישׁ מִלְחָמ֖וֹת יָעִ֣יר קִנְאָ֑ה יָרִ֙יעַ֙ אַף־יַצְרִ֔יחַ עַל־אֹֽיְבָ֖יו יִתְגַּבָּֽר:
Jewish Tanakh

Look and see that in the Hebrew text….. it is The Lord” “יְהֹוָה֙” (Jehovah) who is the hero and the warrior who overpowers his enemies….how does he do that? Through this son, his angelic forces, and through his spirit.

The Christian Scriptures leave us in no doubt as to the identity of the “Servant of Jehovah” described in Isaiah chapter 42 and others. Interestingly, the Ethiopian official mentioned in the book of Acts was reading one of these prophecies (in Isa 53:7-8) when Philip the evangelizer was directed by the spirit to approach him. The official, having read the Bible passage, asked Philip: “I beg you, About whom does the prophet say this? About himself or about some other man?”
Philip lost no time in explaining that Isaiah spoke about the Messiah, Jesus.“ (Acts 8:26-35)

You guys run away with false ideas implanted long ago by a church system that is completely corrupt….and has been since it’s inception in the 4th century. Jesus and his apostles never mentioned the God you claim to worship.…not even once.
(1 Cor 8:5-6) They knew who Jesus was and they knew the God that he served, because he taught them what his Father had taught him. (John 7:16)

What are you blathering about…

You said…

Scripture says…

PHP 2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of

Took upon the form of a servant… Which means God is the servant.

You’re not interested in the word… you just want to prove you’re smarter than men. Not interested in aiding some lonely lady in her delusional golden years…

You are the prime example of why it is written.

“Let the women be silent in the churches”

Funny my aunts arent spending their days in the far out corners of cyber space pretending to know Greek and Hebrew.

You said…..

Adam was created.. ummmm No he was not!!

Adam was formed,

CREATED: Hebrew word # 1254; bara' - to shape, to fashion, to create (always with God as subject) used of individual man, used of new conditions and circumstances, to be created, used of birth, used of something new.

FORMED: Hebrew word # 3335; yatsar - to form, to fashion, to frame, used of human activity, used of divine activity, used of Israel as a people, to frame, to pre-ordain, to plan (figurative of divine) to purpose of a situation, to be predetermined, to be pre-ordained, to be formed.

You are a fraud!!!! And misery loves company, and you require a lot of company.

• Wow
Reactions: TheHC

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's an old conundrum within the church. Thank God, it has been satisfied long ago as well.

And by God himself.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember when this Jesus is God doctrine first came out, it caught me by surprise as well, That was back in the day when Trent operated this forum. The subject caused a lot of division and the religiosity was out of control. There was bannings left right and centre, infact it was the first steps in the forum closing.

In fact it was from this debackel that I worked out that where you find an out pouring of religiosity it is also associated with the demonic trying to push a false doctrine. It often leaves a trail of bleeding broken saints in its wake. I see the same traits developing now, There is going to be a push to try and force the acceptance of the Jesus is his Father doctrine followed by the isolation of the non compliant followed by the excommunication of the same followed by a push for bannings.

This has got to stop and the lashing out at those who hold to what the original disciples believed is not wrong in any shape or form

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when this Jesus is God doctrine first came out, it caught me by surprise as well, That was back in the day when Trent operated this forum. The subject caused a lot of division and the religiosity was out of control. There was bannings left right and centre, infact it was the first steps in the forum closing.

In fact it was from this debackel that I worked out that where you find an out pouring of religiosity it is also associated with the demonic trying to push a false doctrine. It often leaves a trail of bleeding broken saints in its wake. I see the same traits developing now, There is going to be a push to try and force the acceptance of the Jesus is his Father doctrine followed by the isolation of the non compliant followed by the excommunication of the same followed by a push for bannings.

This has got to stop and the lashing out at those who hold to what the original disciples believed is not wrong in any shape or form
When the original Disciples knew God was Jesus, and God's word teaches this, the lessons continue in scripture.

God leads understanding.

Ego leads to chaos.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the original Disciples knew God was Jesus, and God's word teaches this, the lessons continue in scripture.

God leads understanding.

Ego leads to chaos.
Note the separation between Christ and the Father

Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
Rom 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

1Co 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
1Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
2Co 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
2Co 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

I could go on through the rest of them but the implication is obvious. The original disciples understood the distinction between the two.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when this Jesus is God doctrine first came out

Yeah, I remember the first time I read the Book of John too...

John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, I remember the first time I read the Book of John too...

John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
A distinction made between God and the Word and they both worked together to do the creation.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note the separation between Christ and the Father

I could go on through the rest of them but the implication is obvious. The original disciples understood the distinction between the two.
You're not citing the original Apostles there.

You're choosing to ignore Jesus and the original Apostles to sustain your idea.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're not citing the original Apostles there.

You're choosing to ignore Jesus and the original Apostles to sustain your idea.
Look at verse two, I notice everybody seems to want to ignore verse two.

So lets look further in that Gospel to see if there is any clarification.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Well look at that, God is still the one calling the shots, He sent his word into this world to become his only begotten Son and he was called Jesus.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop being a prick.

Stop being a wanna be knight in shining armor!
That “aunt Judy” has treated me like crap from day one… I’ve tried to be nice, and if you want to be a cheerleader for mean people you will get the same treatment!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If “they knew” that, why didn’t they accuse Him of that at the Sanhedrin trial?

They never did, according to the gospel record. And they were even looking for false witnesses! Yet not once did they accuse Him of claiming to be God.

Ego eimi (I am) is simply stating existence. Jesus said He was existing in Abraham’s day. That’s what the Pharisees understood. Nothing more.

Gentiles conducted a TRIAL…NOT Jews!

Jews accused Jesus of Blasphemy. Jews had a LAW, proclaiming a Death Sentence for one Accused and Found guilty of Blasphemy.
Jewish Law was MOOT in the Political arena of Gentile Roman Law.
The Gentiles did NOT Try Jesus for Blasphemy.
Jesus was on Trial in a Gentile Roman Court, accused of instigating a RIOT, which wAS against Roman Laws, and IF found guilty a Prison Sentence / perhaps followed by a Death Sentence.
The Gentiles did NOT find Jesus GUILTY of ANYtHING.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at verse two, I notice everybody seems to want to ignore verse two.

So lets look further in that Gospel to see if there is any clarification.

Well look at that, God is still the one calling the shots, He sent his word into this world to become his only begotten Son and he was called Jesus.
Well,look at this.

In the beginning was the word. And the word was with God. And the word was God. ....
And became flesh and dwelt among us.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What are you blathering about…

You said…

Scripture says…

PHP 2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of

Took upon the form of a servant… Which means God is the servant.

You’re not interested in the word… you just want to prove you’re smarter than men. Not interested in aiding some lonely lady in her delusional golden years…

You are the prime example of why it is written.

“Let the women be silent in the churches”

Funny my aunts arent spending their days in the far out corners of cyber space pretending to know Greek and Hebrew.

You said…..

Adam was created.. ummmm No he was not!!

Adam was formed,

CREATED: Hebrew word # 1254; bara' - to shape, to fashion, to create (always with God as subject) used of individual man, used of new conditions and circumstances, to be created, used of birth, used of something new.

FORMED: Hebrew word # 3335; yatsar - to form, to fashion, to frame, used of human activity, used of divine activity, used of Israel as a people, to frame, to pre-ordain, to plan (figurative of divine) to purpose of a situation, to be predetermined, to be pre-ordained, to be formed.

You are a fraud!!!! And misery loves company, and you require a lot of company.
When you have finished being pompous and judgmental yourself, let me just say that you have twisted the scriptures all out of shape, and by the looks of things, are happy with something created by “the church” rather than by God’s own word......Christendom is a disgusting counterfeit that is divided and disobedient, not open to anything that might upset their apple cart.....far be it from me to correct anyone who thinks they don’t need correction.

FYI, perhaps you need to read Genesis 1:27.....the man was “created”...(bara)

Our words will ring in your ears one day......and you will never be able to plead ignorance.....

“Shaking the dust off”.....(Matt 10:11-14)

Status
Not open for further replies.