YES, Lord Jesus Christ DID Claim To Be GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus was praying to himself in John 17?
Reminds me of the letter I wrote to a oneness preacher on the radio - a couple of weeks later he announced
my name on the air, and soundly condemned me to "hellfire and brimstone" for asking him such 'nonsense.'
I forgave and prayed for him.

Amen.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at verse two, I notice everybody seems to want to ignore verse two.

So lets look further in that Gospel to see if there is any clarification.

Well look at that, God is still the one calling the shots, He sent his word into this world to become his only begotten Son and he was called Jesus.

Keep learning….there are numerous names and titles and descriptions in Scripture regarding …God, Jesus, Holy Spirit.

Gen 1:
First book of the Bible…
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Rev 4…
Last book of the Bible…
[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, . which was, and is, and is to come.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep learning….there are numerous names and titles and descriptions in Scripture regarding …God, Jesus, Holy Spirit.

Gen 1:
First book of the Bible…
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Rev 4…
Last book of the Bible…
[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, . which was, and is, and is to come.
The OT passages, hear O Israel,our God,our God,is one.

And that wherein God says of himself he is God ,the only one,and besides him there is no Savior.

Would suffice to settle the issue save for in the NT Jesus tells us He,the Savior,and the Father (God) are one. Being he is the Savior in the NT he would be that what the Father stated of himself in the Old Testament.

@GRACE ambassador ,
That condemning pastor over the radio was a fool and a fraud. Consider,were it not for you he'd have never proven those listeners who were paying attention.

Much like scripture itself. Those who have not the eyes to see,shall never see by our efforts.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OT passages, hear O Israel,our God,our God,is one.

And that wherein God says of himself he is God ,the only one,and besides him there is no Savior.

Would suffice to settle the issue save for in the NT Jesus tells us He,the Savior,and the Father (God) are one. Being he is the Savior in the NT he would be that what the Father stated of himself in the Old Testament.

@GRACE ambassador ,
That condemning pastor over the radio was a fool and a fraud. Consider,were it not for you he'd have never proven those listeners who were paying attention.

Much like scripture itself. Those who have not the eyes to see,shall never see by our efforts.

Rom 8:
[8] But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Scepter - Staff of the Royal “SOVEREIGN Ruling Authority” !

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is only the Father that called himself the God of the Gods, not Jesus.
Wrong again, as you have been shown many times on this Forum already. You simply deny Jesus Christ as The Savior, thus you don't belong here.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no teaching on it. Nowhere. Not the New or Old Testament. Nobody. Not even one person ever taught it. All you have is scraps scattered all over the Bible in pieces.
You were just shown the Scripture that Jesus is... God come in the flesh. Just His Title "Immanuel" in Isaiah should have been enough proof for you, and any Jew who would rather listen to unbelieving Jews that hate the idea of Jesus of Nazareth as The CHRIST.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's your claim, but am 'Sola Scriptural'.
No, you DO NOT KNOW Bible Scripture, especially New Testament Bible Scripture.

If you did know, then you would never DENY the New Testament evidence that Jesus of Nazareth is GOD The Savior come in the flesh...

Matt 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
KJV

But since you DENY that New Testament Scripture, and others relevant to it, but still claim to believe in The Father, that means you are following the Jew's religion of Judaism, and NOT Christianity.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:
[8] But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Scepter - Staff of the Royal “SOVEREIGN Ruling Authority” !
When Yeshua returned to Heaven and the "right hand of the Father", the first Christians,aka,followers of The Way, aka Jews, knew that meant Yeshuah, The Word, returned to the power side of God. Aka, he returned from whence he sprang, fully God in power .

While here on Earth as Emmanuel,God with us,Yeshua bin Joseph, he was fully empowered as The Word,made flesh that dwelt among us.

Reactions: Taken

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This whole thing reminds me of a study on the book of revelation. I can take twenty well schooled scholars and when it comes to the last book no two can agree. In fact I have had a pastor tell me that he has taken the pan position, How ever it pans out is just how it is going to go. But in the last chapter there is this verse.

Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him

Note, two thrones and two persons in the position of leadership over all.

Keep in mind that Jesus did not appoint himself as Christ, God appointed him as Christ. Jesus is Gods Christ just as Lucifer is Gods Devil. God is the one over all, both good and evil. There is none that can challenge him.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But since you DENY that New Testament Scripture, and others relevant to it, but still claim to believe in The Father, that means you are following the Jew's religion of Judaism, and NOT Christianity.
You have missed that Jesus came to reconcile this world back to the Father, not to himself.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just as Lucifer is Gods Devil. God is the one over all, both good and evil. There is none that can challenge him.

So you think God is responsible for lucifer's rebellion and the Lord is in on it causing the devil to attack people... just to mess with us when He gets board er something?

Maybe the Lord gives lucifer benefits too like paid vacations, contributes to his 401k plan and a company UFO to fly around in ?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have missed that Jesus came to reconcile this world back to the Father, not to himself.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

It's much later that Jesus turns it all back over to the Father....

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you think God is responsible for lucifer's rebellion and the Lord is in on it causing the devil to attack people... just to mess with us when He gets board er something?

Maybe the Lord gives lucifer benefits too like paid vacations, contributes to his 401k plan and a company UFO to fly around in ?
It was a surprise to me too when I first found out.

Lucifers fall was of his own making, got violent in his trading of precious stones etc. He is the one that developed the principles of mammon. Yes God did cast him out of heaven and will get rid of him altogether but in the mean time he is using him as his devil until he is finished with him .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This whole thing reminds me of a study on the book of revelation. I can take twenty well schooled scholars and when it comes to the last book no two can agree. In fact I have had a pastor tell me that he has taken the pan position, How ever it pans out is just how it is going to go. But in the last chapter there is this verse.

Note, two thrones and two persons in the position of leadership over all.

Keep in mind that Jesus did not appoint himself as Christ, God appointed him as Christ. Jesus is Gods Christ just as Lucifer is Gods Devil. God is the one over all, both good and evil. There is none that can challenge him.
All those passages,old and new, where God says He is the only one.
Of course.

The difference in debating scripture with Bible scholars would be in that they know allegory,metaphor,similie, and of course parables,are inextricably linked throughout scripture from Genesis unto Revelation.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but in the mean time he is using him as his devil until he is finished with him .

More like allowing the destroyer to destroy that which is in opposition to the Lord.

It's not like the devil is on the Lord's payroll and God is happy to have him as an employee

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not believe Jesus when He claimed to be God having come in the flesh to die on the cross for the remission of the sins of those who believe, then it means 'your' sins have not yet been forgiven. And the reason is simple...

It is because ONLY GOD can forgive our sins and offer us eternal life. And that is what Jesus of Nazareth offered through HIS BLOOD shed on His cross, and NOT by The Father's Blood.

Acts 4:10-12
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom ye crucified, Whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, Which is become the head of the corner.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
KJV

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you do not believe Jesus when He claimed to be God having come in the flesh to die on the cross for the remission of the sins of those who believe, then it means 'your' sins have not yet been forgiven. And the reason is simple...
God the Father is the judge, The human committed the sin. A price needs to be paid for that sin, someone has to take the punishment, if Christ takes the punishment for that sin then the human sinner is set free. Because justus had been served. The sin was committed by a human so the punishment has to be given to a human, Hence Christ stressed that he was a son of man as well as the only begotten son of God.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More like allowing the destroyer to destroy that which is in opposition to the Lord.

It's not like the devil is on the Lord's payroll and God is happy to have him as an employee
When Lucifer fell he took a third of the heavenly host with him. There is a controversy that has to be settled, the only way to do this is to let the chain of events play out in the open for all to see so that the deceptions Lucifer used are exposed for what it is.

This is why Jesus made it quite clear that you cannot serve God and Mammon. You have to make your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.