You can Live your Life in Health and Prosperity!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Live your life in health and prosperity!!
Have the 30-60-100 Fold Increase but if you don't Believe it and plant the seed you won't have it!!.

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal, it shall be measured to you again.

Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!=Matthew 13:8

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have the 30-60-100 Fold Increase but if you don't Believe it and plant the seed you won't have it!!.

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal, it shall be measured to you again.

Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!=Matthew 13:8
I don't like what they call 'the prosperity gospel' where they tell you that you can have big houses and fancy cars etc. but I do believe that we can live in health and prosperity. Prosperity isn't about riches it's about enough with some left over to share. And I trust that if I need a car or anything else in God's service he will provide it. Health is a bit different as we all know of Christians who have not always had good health. But the thing is God says all the days ordained for us are written in the lambs book of life. And I believe that he has given us freedom from sin, freedom from sickness, freedom from fear and freedom from death but we may not yet have learned how to live in those truths.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't like what they call 'the prosperity gospel' where they tell you that you can have big houses and fancy cars etc. but I do believe that we can live in health and prosperity. Prosperity isn't about riches it's about enough with some left over to share. And I trust that if I need a car or anything else in God's service he will provide it. Health is a bit different as we all know of Christians who have not always had good health. But the thing is God says all the days ordained for us are written in the lambs book of life. And I believe that he has given us freedom from sin, freedom from sickness, freedom from fear and freedom from death but we may not yet have learned how to live in those truths.

Amen Pat...Riches and Prosperity are found in the wonder of HIM.
David knew this when he said - " The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot."

Reactions: Pearl

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Passages on the subject:

1Ti 6:5, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6, But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7, For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8, And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1Ti 6:9, But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10, For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

1Ti 6:17, Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Ti 6:18, That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19, Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Psa 118:24, This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psa 118:25, Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

We support a charity in South Africa, an orphanage for aids victims. It is in one of the poorest townships in south africa, yet there are plenty of prosperity preachers there in nice houses with good cloths etc etc surrounded by absolute poverty.
The prosperity gospel is promoted by liars and non christians.
They lie to poor people, telling them give to the preacher and God will give to them.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did Jesus ever ask anyone for money? Is there any record of anyone giving him money? Did Jesus ever put a price tag on healing?

It seems to me it's better to give money to people who need help, so we're not like the rich man who passed Lazarus without caring. Sometimes good people can be poor and sick. We shouldn't judge others by such a standard, nor should we come to Jesus to increase the size of our bank accounts.

This is not about money at all. It is about "hearing the Word" and then bearing the fruit thereof.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are stating that we should send money to someone, so they can use the money to spread the word, BUT they do not use it to the edifying to those in need! We are to be responsible ourselves and seek out those in our communities that are in need, give without being regretful of it, It is your reasonable responsibility not someone else. By the way Abundant Life, living for all Eternity, I would call that Abundant. By the way I do support Ministries, But they do not have their own Jets, Mega Cathedrals, and they rarely ask, and they never use the word [seed] as a way to misuse what the term was expressed to implicate, Multiplying Believer's.

Reactions: Pearl and Giuliano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Health and prosperity, that sounds good!

Glorying in my infirmities always did seem odd!

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus ever ask anyone for money? Is there any record of anyone giving him money?

Not to support prosperity teaching, but in answer to your question, yes:

Luk 8:1, And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,
Luk 8:2, And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
Luk 8:3, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the philosophy of the Prosperity Gospel preachers. The only ones who prosper from this are those preachers themelves. So it is another form of mental and emotional manipulation.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to support prosperity teaching, but in answer to your question, yes:

Luk 8:1, And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,
Luk 8:2, And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
Luk 8:3, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.
How did I miss that? Thank you for that. I knew Judas was trusted with the money but never figured out where the money came from.

Another passage that raises questions for me is in Matthew 17 where Jesus tells Peter to catch a fish and it will have a coin that they can pay their taxes. I wonder how the other eleven paid theirs. Maybe the tax collector caught Peter and Jesus but not the others? One thing seem sure though, and that is that Jesus wasn't hoarding up money, not if he and Peter paid their taxes that way.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 10:24, And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

1Ti 6:17, Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

These verses would seem to tell us that it is not having wealth that is the negative thing; but trusting in wealth.

Reactions: Giuliano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How did I miss that? Thank you for that. I knew Judas was trusted with the money but never figured out where the money came from.

Another passage that raises questions for me is in Matthew 17 where Jesus tells Peter to catch a fish and it will have a coin that they can pay their taxes. I wonder how the other eleven paid theirs. Maybe the tax collector caught Peter and Jesus but not the others? One thing seem sure though, and that is that Jesus wasn't hoarding up money, not if he and Peter paid their taxes that way.
I once read that only Jesus and Peter were old enough to be paying the tax.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Robert Schuller believed that doctrine but it didn't stop the Crystal Cathedral from becoming bankrupt and the Roman Catholic Church purchasing it.

See ‘Crystal Cathedral: Schullers lose in court’, Orange County Register, August 21, 2012. Available at: Crystal Cathedral: Schullers lose in court – Orange County Register (Accessed 4 February 2016). The Roman Catholic ‘Diocese of Orange escrow closed on the $57.5 million court-ordered sale during the Protestant ministry’s bankruptcy proceedings’ and it will now be known as Christ Cathedral (see: ‘Catholics: Crystal Cathedral to become Christ Cathedral’, Orange County Register, August 21, 2013. Available at: Catholics: Crystal Cathedral to become Christ Cathedral – Orange County Register

Since it's an unbiblical doctrine, it's not surprising that there are unbiblical consequences like going into receivership.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I usually ask God who he wants me to give to and would never be pressured into it.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once read that only Jesus and Peter were old enough to be paying the tax.
The things I'm learning in this thread. I wonder if it's true. It sounds right. Thanks!

I was thinking about this passage some more while driving. While the "many" could include men, what is the "doctrine" behind Luke telling us they were women, and some who had been cured of infirmities and evil spirits. Why women? Why the women at the cross with only one man? Why the women at the tomb on the first day of the week? Could it go back to the conflict between the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent. I'm thinking too of the woman at the well and the woman of Tyre with the possessed daughter. There seems to be hidden message in the Gospels about women. Is it about restoring women to the state Eve had been in before the fall?

As I was thinking about this passage, I also realized that maybe women had more influence than I had thought. It looks to me as if they were allowed to spend money as they wanted. If it was their husbands' money, their husbands must have trusted them.

I was also pleased when I realize these women were thankful. It's the "Prosperity Gospel" in reverse maybe. They didn't give money first to get more money or good health; but when Jesus healed them, they were grateful and wanted to show it. When I thought about the ten lepers who were healed and only one gave thanks, I wondered if that was because they were men? I am still thinking about this passage.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The things I'm learning in this thread. I wonder if it's true. It sounds right. Thanks!
Well we know that Jesus was over thirty and that Peter was old enough to be married as he had a mother-in-law. I think the others were probably younger.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Robert Schuller obedient to the doctrine in question?

Did his church give out, rather than take, as a general rule?