You can never lose your salvation!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Can you change my mind. :)
"Prolly" no more than you could change mine.
HA! good one. i doubt i could change anyone's mind, but i might be able to point out that one can change their perspective any time they like. So iow in this case just seeing that "righteousness" or "perfection" is likely not an "on/off" thing, like we like to imagine it, but rather a process, kind of makes the "no one can be perfect" argument moot. We can't count to infinity, either, but the concept still exists, right

And does this mean that perfection or righteousness suddenly become a process, and not an on/off switch, just because we now choose to consider them in this light? Nope. Righteousness and perfection have not changed even a little, have they.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, fun thread - pass the wine!

The matter of continuing to sin vs. perfection...is simply a matter of who we are talking about: the old man, or the new. The new Man is Christ in us, and it is He who is perfect, we have become One, and therefore are "perfect, as He is perfect." It is rather the old man that continues to sin...but he is dead, and will pay the price for it, as we all do.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow, fun thread - pass the wine!

The matter of continuing to sin vs. perfection...is simply a matter of who we are talking about: the old man, or the new. The new Man is Christ in us, and it is He who is perfect, we have become One, and therefore are "perfect, as He is perfect." It is rather the old man that continues to sin...but he is dead, and will pay the price for it, as we all do.

Thanks Scott..that helps a lot. Our Position in Christ V Our daily walk in this carcass we carry around.
My issue ..is that some people on this site ( in other threads ) seem to be contending that the "we" as we are part of us, can and should be without fault or sin...and getting perfected..the more we try.
I do understand about the 'old man' fighting to dominate and refusing to die.
And 'mortifying ' the deeds of the body etc
But Paul said "
Romans 6:11 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord."
I always thought I had got this all sorted out...but now I am being told by a couple of people that I can't be a christian because I do not believe that this is right, or that we 'earn' righteousness by what 'we' do...and not by what Jesus Christ has DONE.
I'm kinds getting confused here...
( plus, a very important point is , in 53 years as a christian I have never yet anyone who totally reflects the Lord. Even the ones who have been on this path for 60+ years...died without every quite making perfection.)

I don't wish to get snowed under lots of posts...( not feeling very strong or well right now) so I am including @Richard_oti in this post too...
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In his tent. What had his youngest son [Ham] done to him? [Gen 9:24] Did Noah curse Canaan the son of Ham for he himself being naked? Or, for merely seeing him naked? How would Noah have known, that Ham had seen him naked? I mean, after all, let's consider the "curse", and what all it led unto for / to the Canaanites.

Would such a curse be just for Noah having gotten drunk, been naked and Ham having, let's say for the sake of argument, accidently seen Noah naked?

Since this is rather vague, is there anything anywhere else in the Scriptures which may lend understanding? [consider Leviticus 18 and 20]

Basically: "God" said do, they believed, coupled that with action, they did, by which their faith was made complete. Which was accredited to them as righteousness.

Luke 18:8b ... Nevertheless, when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

An interesting, albeit a hard question.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye present yourselves as servants unto obedience, his servants ye are whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 2:13 for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:

Romans 3:31 Do we then nullify the law by this faith?
Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Edit: By what is "sin" defined?

By the Holy Spirit. Before you rebuke me, read further.

Let's not completely ignore though that Elisabeth and Zacharias are written of as "righteous" and "blameless".

Can we be "in Him" apart from the Holy Spirit? Now you may rebuke me.

Rom 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:

In what manner were Noah, Abraham, Job, Daniel, Elisabeth and Zacharias considered righteous?

But to answer your implied question: No, I don't.

Why?

Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it

However, that does not discount that Elisabeth and Zacharias were accounted as righteous and blameless. Nor, does that discount that Noah, Job and Daniel could only save themselves by their righteousness [as accounted twice within Ezekiel].

Indeed. In Hebrews, there is a rather striking shall we call it, warning:

Heb 12:3 For consider him that hath endured such gainsaying of sinners against himself, that ye wax not weary, fainting in your souls. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin:

Reminiscent of that which Jesus stated:

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye causeth thee to stumble, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body be cast into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand causeth thee to stumble, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body go into hell.

I don't either. Most of those who "think" they are, have deceived themselves as we have all too clearly witnessed.

"Prolly" no more than you could change mine. <grin>

Hello Richard.
I really thank you for your really good post. And I feel badly that I am copying-out on it ( as in discussion)
Today is not a good day for me at all (or even this week!) Feeling pretty battered in this old body and fighting to overcome this problem.

Because of that I actually included you in my post to ScottA just now.
Cowardly thing to do I know, because your was such a good response. Sorry.
Hopefully I will be more up to it tomorrow. :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Scott..that helps a lot. Our Position in Christ V Our daily walk in this carcass we carry around.
My issue ..is that some people on this site ( in other threads ) seem to be contending that the "we" as we are part of us, can and should be without fault or sin...and getting perfected..the more we try.
And 'mortifying ' the deeds of the body etc
But Paul said "
Romans 6:11 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord."
I always thought I had got this all sorted out...but now I am being told by a couple of people that I can't be a christian because I do not believe that this is right, or that we 'earn' righteousness by what 'we' do...and not by what Jesus Christ has DONE.
( plus, a very important point is , in 53 years as a christian I have never yet anyone who totally reflects the Lord. Even the ones who have been on this path for 60+ years...died without every quite making perfection.)

I don't wish to get snowed under lots of posts...( not feeling very strong or well right now) so I am including @Richard_oti in this post too...
Thanks
Not to worry. You have it right. We must decrease, and He must increase...and it is only those of the world who endlessly defend being perfect in the flesh. But we who are in Christ are not of the world. Nonetheless, we try to bring the flesh under submission. Either way, the dept of the flesh is paid in death...while eternal life is obtained, not by the flesh, but by the spirit of God through Christ. This is what "profits a man" (or woman).

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Richard.
I really thank you for your really good post. And I feel badly that I am copying-out on it ( as in discussion)
Today is not a good day for me at all (or even this week!) Feeling pretty battered in this old body and fighting to overcome this problem.

@"ByGrace" Praying for you now, sister!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Hello Richard.

No need to apologize. You take care of you. A silly post can wait.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
This is not true. In (Gen. 12:1-3) God said 'do' to Abram and Abram did. (Gen. 12:4). Did Abram have faith in God at this time. Of course. But God did not choose this event as the time to declare Abram righteous. Why? Because God did not want a 'works' salvation.

Heb 11:8a By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed ...

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, being tried, offered up Isaac: yea, he that had gladly received the promises was offering up his only begotten son; 18 even he to whom it was said, In Isaac shall thy seed be called: 19 accounting that God is able to raise up, even from the dead; from whence he did also in a figure receive him back.

Abraham believed when "God" said "do", and acted upon said "belief". This is faith, which was credited to Abraham as righteousness. You can say you "believe", but if you are not willing to follow through in action, it is unbelief.

So, God let Abraham get old, with Sarah, past the age of child birth. Then He gave Abraham the promise of a child being born of him though he and Sarah were too old. (Gen. 15:4-5) And Abraham believed God and God counted him righteous. (Gen. 15:6)

That is salvation by faith, not works. God refused to have Abraham saved by works.

By the supplication of Abraham, it was clear that some few years later, Abraham still believed and was walking / acting according to that belief. And finally, some 24 / 25 years later, did Isaac arrive.

Yet, if Abraham did not act upon what "God" said when he said, get up and leave. Would he still have been accredited?

When tried / proved of "God" and asked to sacrifice Isaac, Abraham believed, and again acted.

Again, if Abraham had not acted upon what "God" asked when he said, get up and sacrifice thy son. Would he still have been accredited?

Jam 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith apart from works is barren? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Thou seest that faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect; 23 and the scripture was fulfilled which saith, And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness; and he was called the friend of God. 24 Ye see that by works a man is justified, and not only by faith.

So, you see? God did not say do, and they did, and were saved. God said He would do, they believed, and were saved.

I did not say "saved". I said their belief coupled with action, was accredited to them as righteousness. There is a difference between being accredited with righteousness, and being "saved". For we are saved by faith.

However, that does not leave out, that it is by our belief unto action they we are justified.

Romans 2:13 for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:

And it is that very faith, which is accredited as righteousness. But not of ourselves.

For if it is merely of ourselves, by our works, then we stumble as did Israel:

Rom 9:31 but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by works. They stumbled at the stone of stumbling;

You believe that "God" said "do not steal", and you act upon that belief by not stealing.

But when "God" speaks with regard to Shabat, do you believe enough to act upon said belief.

Reactions: KBCid

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>

I am reminded of an old story. (There are many versions, and I shall paraphrase to simply get the gist of it):

A child is out hunting with his grandfather. That day there had been a fight amoungst the residents of the village. The child asks his grandfather, why do people fight? The old man replies we all have two wolves within us, they are constantly at war with one another. The child thinks about this as his grandfather continues. There is a white wolf and a black wolf. The black wolf is filled with malice, disobedience, envy, arrogance, greed, jealousy, and fear. The white wolf is filled with "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control". They battle constantly for control.

The child thinks upon this and asks, grandfather, which wolf wins? To which the grandfather replies, The one I feed.

IMO: This also is representative of us in Christ. We have our old nature, and we are a new creation. Which shall come out on top? Which shall be the overcomer? We have a choice, which of our natures shall we feed. Sounds easy from such a story, but it isn't that simple, and it is a lifelong battle. My biggest weakness, is in how I treat / love my neighbor at times.

However, there is another version, which also may have some merit from my perspective:

A grandfather tells his grandchild, there are two wolves in each of us, and there is a constant battle between them. The black wolf, is filled with malice, disobedience, envy, arrogance, greed, jealousy, and fear. The white wolf, is filled with "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control". The same battle rages throughout every one of us.

The child thinks about this and asks, grandfather, which wolf wins? The grandfather replies, if you feed them right, neither wins, and they may work together for the greater good. If you feed only one, the other may become more than you can bear and be waiting for you to become weak or distracted. For the one needs the other, and working together, they may both serve you well, in that you may be stronger for it.

The key, is to be at peace, for those who are content, need for nothing. But those constantly at war within themselves, end up with nothing.

Which, in many ways represents most of us. If we are always at war with ourselves (and each other), in the long run, we can end up with nothing. For we are neither at peace, and neither shall we inherit the kingdom.

We could liken this to big bad "law" v grace epidemic.

With regard to those who uphold the Instruction, most of us balk and have no peace with the thought of living by the Instruction given by YHVH. Once we start to do so, as we see so prevalently, we demand others also do so, or they are not saved, or not christians.

However, if we are at peace, we do not feel the need to demand such of others. We may share with them from our perspective with regard to it, but we need not wage war over it. It is those who are not at peace, they feel the need to wage war over it.

The inverse is also true: For those of us who are of the grace only camp. If we are at peace, then such as those who demand, shall not give us offense. And we shall have no need to wage war over it.

However, for those of either side of it, if it pricks our conscience, we must then decide from whence the prick came. Is it merely our old man, our old nature rising up, or is something from our loving Father by His Spirit.

Yeah, I know, I butchered this. But it's the best your gonna get tonight. I am tired.

<snip>

Well I for one never stated such a thing.

For myself, when I was young, I did become quite "legalistic", I think such is only natural for the human nature to do. Based upon "position" of some with regard to this, I can generally tell approximately how long they have held such a position / belief. Or, perhaps I should say, how mature they are in it.

As Paul wrote, we do not "earn" our "righteousness". It is through our actions, that we are "justified". Righteousness is by faith. Faith however, is not mere "belief". Nor is faith mere "action". Faith, is believing, and then acting upon said "belief".

If we are depending upon our actions as in our own works, then we also stumble and follow in the footsteps of Israel:

Rom 9:31 but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by works. They stumbled at the stone of stumbling;

If we choose to adhere to the Instruction, it is because we believe what YHVH hath said, and we act upon said belief.

Jam 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deluding your own selves. 23 For if any one is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a mirror: 24 for he beholdeth himself, and goeth away, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But he that looketh into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and so continueth, being not a hearer that forgetteth but a doer that worketh, this man shall be blessed in his doing.

Didn't mother always tell us to "think" before we "act"? What we think upon, shall direct our actions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 11:8a By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed ...

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, being tried, offered up Isaac: yea, he that had gladly received the promises was offering up his only begotten son; 18 even he to whom it was said, In Isaac shall thy seed be called: 19 accounting that God is able to raise up, even from the dead; from whence he did also in a figure receive him back.

Abraham believed when "God" said "do", and acted upon said "belief". This is faith, which was credited to Abraham as righteousness. You can say you "believe", but if you are not willing to follow through in action, it is unbelief.

By the supplication of Abraham, it was clear that some few years later, Abraham still believed and was walking / acting according to that belief. And finally, some 24 / 25 years later, did Isaac arrive.

Yet, if Abraham did not act upon what "God" said when he said, get up and leave. Would he still have been accredited?

When tried / proved of "God" and asked to sacrifice Isaac, Abraham believed, and again acted.

Again, if Abraham had not acted upon what "God" asked when he said, get up and sacrifice thy son. Would he still have been accredited?

Jam 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith apart from works is barren? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Thou seest that faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect; 23 and the scripture was fulfilled which saith, And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness; and he was called the friend of God. 24 Ye see that by works a man is justified, and not only by faith.

I did not say "saved". I said their belief coupled with action, was accredited to them as righteousness. There is a difference between being accredited with righteousness, and being "saved". For we are saved by faith.

However, that does not leave out, that it is by our belief unto action they we are justified.

And it is that very faith, which is accredited as righteousness. But not of ourselves.

Again, you are mistaken. (Gen. 15:4-6) is clear that Abraham was declared righteous due to his faith only. You say you are not talking about being saved...but you are. This whole discussion is about losing ones salvation.

For example, had Abraham refused to offer up Isaac, he would still have been saved due to his faith when God promised him Isaac, for he was already declared righteous by God.

You are mistaken concerning (Rom. 2:13). The whole of (Rom. 2) is about Paul rebuking those moralists and pharisees who saw themselves better than the reprobates in (Rom. 1:18-32). Paul is showing that they are not. If they want to say I am and follow the Law, Paul says it is not the hearers of the law, but the doers of the law that are justified. Meaning none are justified by the law because none can keep it. But, if that is the way you want to be judged then have at it. See (Rom 2:17-23)

In other words, Paul is using (Rom. 2:13) to prove all are guilty before God. It is not given for us to be encouraged to follow the law.

(Rom. 3:31) shows that we establish or uphold the law in allowing it to do its work. It finds us guilty, driving us to faith in Christ for salvation. (Rom. 3:27-28) This in no way means we now try and keep the law.

Stranger

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Again, you are mistaken. (Gen. 15:4-6) is clear that Abraham was declared righteous due to his faith only. You say you are not talking about being saved...but you are. This whole discussion is about losing ones salvation.

For example, had Abraham refused to offer up Isaac, he would still have been saved due to his faith when God promised him Isaac, for he was already declared righteous by God.

So basically what you are saying, that once declared "righteous" for one "act" of faith. We can disregard anything else, even if "God" himself should decide to "prove" us, we need not listen or obey.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So basically what you are saying, that once declared "righteous" for one "act" of faith. We can disregard anything else, even if "God" himself should decide to "prove" us, we need not listen or obey.

My how we like to reword grace to appear repugnant to everyone. Because I believe we are saved by our faith and declared righteous by God, forever, then I must be saying we can disregard anything else God says to us. I must believe that it is ok for me to just sin all I want because I am secure in my salvation. Such a false conclusion.

The scenario you have created can be likened to this. A woman is getting married. She has had many boyfriends in the past but has now met the man she loves and wants to be with the rest of her life. He asked her to marry him and she said yes. At the wedding the pastor declares them man and wife and they kiss each other. She then turns to the pastor and asks if they are legally married. He says yes. She then says that she can't wait to get home to call up some of her old boyfriends and go out with them. It is ridiculous.

We are saved by one act of faith. We are declared righteous by that one act.

The salvation/justification James is speaking of is the walk of salvation, not our being declared righteous by God. This is why he used a totally different event in Abraham's life.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read this carefully. For those who feel / believe / take comfort in continuing to sin.

1 Cor 10:1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 8Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 9Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 11Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

IF YOU are intent on not sinning God will not suffer that you are tempted beyond what you are able OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL to resist AND there will also be a way for you to ESCAPE sinning. That way will be provided by the helper.
To continue in sin is to deny the word of God and to discount the power of God to assist you in becoming righteous.

1 Peter 4:1Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh,a arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God. 3For the time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and lawless idolatry.

Obedience of faith gives results
God is Almighty, and that also means He can give you all the power you need to be an overcomer, but you have to want to, and you have to obey Him, which means taking up a fight against your lusts. This is called the obedience of faith, and these are the works that accompany your faith, and make it real. It means you have to hang in there. The battle may be hard and long, but God has “given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness,” (2 Peter 1:3), and He will never let you down. Believe it! Do it! Experience it!
“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?” Romans 6:1-2.
If you really believe in God, and in His Son Jesus Christ, why do you still sin? There is actually no reason to do so!
If you really believe in God, why do you still sin? - ActiveChristianity

I have been considering some of your post and I do agree with you on some points but others I don't; maybe the ones I don't agree with you on is only my misunderstanding. The ten commands of God address: love God and love neighbor. Five commands are toward God. Five are toward neighbor. I will stand firm in that Jesus Christ is sufficient and that I do not have to work to be sufficient. But here it is: if the Spirit is present in our life...we will want to follow His commands of love. The problem I have is the discouragement placed on other christians pertaining to the flesh and focusing there. I smoke cigarettes. Someone repeatedly beating me down and imposing that I quit; for me is them wanting to glory in my flesh. Should I quit. Of course. I struggle with it everyday but the smoking is not what the Spirit reveals as priority. The priority is my action and speech toward others. If I focus only on what my outward does, I quench the inward new creation by striving "to please God". It is not necessary. Jesus Christ and His blood has already satisfied my debt. If I focus only on what is visible, I lose sight of the unseen. I know the Spirit of God has done a mighty work on how I respond to neighbor and my enemies. So, rather then focus on telling a person they must keep the Law of God...maybe a better question is: if you do not love...then do you truly have the Spirit of God? Even if you furfil all the ritualistic laws said to make you Holy. Jesus Christ purges our sin. If someone has the Spirit then will He not guide them to all truth?

James 3:14-17 KJV
[14] But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. [15] This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

[16] For where envying and strife is , there is confusion and every evil work.

[17] But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

I am sure I will be condemn and judged by man for smoking. But I am not here to please man. I am judged by God and found NOT guilty based of off ONE and that ONE is Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Pisteuo

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been considering some of your post and I do agree with you on some points but others I don't; maybe the ones I don't agree with you on is only my misunderstanding. The ten commands of God address: love God and love neighbor. Five commands are toward God. Five are toward neighbor. I will stand firm in that Jesus Christ is sufficient and that I do not have to work to be sufficient.

We should all agree that Christ's sacrifice is sufficient to cover the debt of those chosen. The real question you should ask yourself is where did your debt come from. was it simply that you were born? You were a sinner only because Adam was.
You should keep in mind that what I am posting is not that we need to work to trade for salvation. We need to work toward perfection because it is our duty as servants of God to reflect him in all we do.

But here it is: if the Spirit is present in our life...we will want to follow His commands of love. The problem I have is the discouragement placed on other christians pertaining to the flesh and focusing there.

To discourage people (who are asserting themselves to being Christian) from doing evil in thought or deed is bad in your opinion? Because that is exactly what my message is stating. Turn from evil and do Good in thought and deed.
Whose words are those below? Mine? or Christ's?
Matt 5:45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Why does he tell us to be perfect like the Father if in fact His sacrifice is sufficient?

If I focus only on what my outward does, I quench the inward new creation by striving "to please God". It is not necessary. Jesus Christ and His blood has already satisfied my debt. If I focus only on what is visible, I lose sight of the unseen...

Who is talking to you in the verses below? Is it me? and what is the message being told to you?

1 Thessalonians 4:1 Now I want to talk about some other matters, brothers and sisters. We taught you how to live in a way that pleases God. In fact, that is how you are living. In the name of the Lord Jesus we ask and beg you to do it more and more. 2 You know the directions we gave you. They were given by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

3 God wants you to be made holy. He wants you to stay away from sexual sins. 4 He wants all of you to learn to control your own bodies. You must live in a way that is holy. You must live with honor. 5 Don’t desire to commit sexual sins like people who don’t know God. 6 None of you should sin against your brother or sister by doing that. You should not take advantage of your brother or sister. The Lord will punish everyone who commits these kinds of sins. We have already told you and warned you about this. 7 That’s because God chose us to live pure lives. He wants us to be holy. 8 Suppose someone refuses to accept our teaching. They are not turning their back on us. They are turning their back on God. This same God gives you his Holy Spirit.

My message did not come from my own tiny little mind. The scriptures given above were given by "by the authority of the Lord Jesus."
You can give me any type of convincing argument that makes everything seem ok to you but at some point you will stand before the one who authorized the above scripture and it would be of interest to me to see what your reply would be then?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but at some point you will stand before the one who authorized the above scripture and it would be of interest to me to see what your reply would be then?

Trust me on this one: when we all stand before Him; the last thing you will want is to see me get what I deserve. You are going to hit your knees and fall on your face in worship along with everyone else and you will cry out in love that I may give the right reply...along with every other person you have ever come in contact with and shrugged off. What you will not do before Him: find pleasure in my wrong reply.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me on this one: when we all stand before Him; the last thing you will want is to see me get what I deserve. You are going to hit your knees and fall on your face in worship along with everyone else and you will cry out in love that I may give the right reply...along with every other person you have ever come in contact with and shrugged off. What you will not do before Him: find pleasure in my wrong reply.

However, you have not answered the direct scripture that I referenced. All you are ending up doing is attacking me.
And be quite sure that I find no pleasure in seeing anyone sinning which is exactly why I am pointing that scripture out. If by chance I am able to help another see the truth then by chance that person might do what Christ is asking.

Luke 15:10Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, you have not answered the direct scripture that I referenced. All you are ending up doing is attacking me.
And be quite sure that I find no pleasure in seeing anyone sinning which is exactly why I am pointing that scripture out. If by chance I am able to help another see the truth then by chance that person might do what Christ is asking.

Luke 15:10Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

I am not answering the scripture because I don't have an answer. I am reading the passage. If I am in error, I am praying for the Spirit to reveal that I am wrong.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not answering the scripture because I don't have an answer. I am reading the passage. If I am in error, I am praying for the Spirit to reveal that I am wrong.

Agreed this is the proper method for a Christian to pursue. May God give you only truth.

Reactions: Pisteuo