You will be hated by everyone because of me (and COVID19)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In these verses, Jesus is telling his disciples what they are to do, but then the passages morph into a picture of the end times around Matt 10:17 and Matt 10:23 speaks about the Son of Man returning.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

To myself, as a futurist, this verse has got me thinking about the end times in that a medical reason for the mark of the beast might occur. A COVID19 passport where only those vaccinated are okay to travel, is already an idea. Mark of the beast is merely an extension of such an idea, installed into every day life of buying and selling. People who refuse to take the vaccine, like the MotB, will be hated by others who would view Christians as unsafe and unhealthy for not participating in MotB system, and would chastise and scorn them publicly and through media, which is already beset against Christianity. Later on in Matt 10 it talks about how a man will be against the members of his own family. I'm sure this could be why, as we already see a rift between those who are pro-vaccine and anti-vaccine existing within the same households in some cases, and in society at large. Anti-vaxxers are seen as unintelligent and dangerous rubes while pro-vaxxers are seen as useful idiots and sheep playing into the hands of the corporate and political elites, inoculating the public at whim, seeking further domination over our free, open, and independent way of life.

If we were told that we needed to take a vaccine in order to buy and sell, as well as travel anywhere and do anything, would you take it or no?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In these verses, Jesus is telling his disciples what they are to do, but then the passages morph into a picture of the end times around Matt 10:17 and Matt 10:23 speaks about the Son of Man returning.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

To myself, as a futurist, this verse has got me thinking about the end times in that a medical reason for the mark of the beast might occur. A COVID19 passport where only those vaccinated are okay to travel, is already an idea. Mark of the beast is merely an extension of such an idea, installed into every day life of buying and selling. People who refuse to take the vaccine, like the MotB, will be hated by others who would view Christians as unsafe and unhealthy for not participating in MotB system, and would chastise and scorn them publicly and through media, which is already beset against Christianity. Later on in Matt 10 it talks about how a man will be against the members of his own family. I'm sure this could be why, as we already see a rift between those who are pro-vaccine and anti-vaccine existing within the same households in some cases, and in society at large. Anti-vaxxers are seen as unintelligent and dangerous rubes while pro-vaxxers are seen as useful idiots and sheep playing into the hands of the corporate and political elites, inoculating the public at whim, seeking further domination over our free, open, and independent way of life.

If we were told that we needed to take a vaccine in order to buy and sell, as well as travel anywhere and do anything, would you take it or no?

Hey @friend of
Your post is full of things I have thought of also. I do believe this vaccine is a precursor of the actual, "mark, name, OR number" of the beast. My thoughts go towards indoctrination and fear. Christians for the most part that I can see, do not have that fear. I don't.
As far as traveling overseas, I have no need, unless I am blessed to go and visit some brothers and sisters who live in India.
Hopefully, there will not be a requirement to go state to state if driving...
Mandatory vaccines are something I can see coming soon to an airport near you!
Sure wish the "church" of Christ were like it was in Acts...and, it just might end up that way, Amen. Hidden, persecuted more and more.

For myself, no...I would not knowingly take the "M,N or N" of the B. And, I do believe we will know if we do as, we will have to pledge our allegiance to the AC knowingly, and to reject Jesus.
Good thoughts.

JM2C :)

Reactions: friend of

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that a vaccination does not qualify as a mark on the right hand or forehead; so as long as such a thing is not added to the equation, I do not see a problem with being vaccinated.

One other concern might have to do with whether the vaccine in question used stem cell research in order to some into being. If it did, I think I would have to reject the vaccine for that reason.

After all, in Psalms 91 we are promised that if we place our trust in the LORD, no plague will be able to come near our dwelling.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe the mark of the beast is a vaccination, though the COVID vaccination is a prototype, but a clear up or down vote on Jesus Christ. You will either accept and walk in the ways of the anti-christ or you will refuse and walk in the ways of the CHRIST, Jesus. Whether or not this is an actual mark on one's body is unclear.