Your Soul IS Immortal, Until...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context that brought up a teacher of mine was Bullinger's translation of the word "spinal Cord" and God does not translate Greek into English for me. So I use men for that.

The Lord is the One who made it possible to have record of the greek to be able to look things up in greek

If it weren't for the Lord... our next breath would fail... so He is the source of all Power and Truth, not men.

If it weren't for the Lord, man wouldn't know the difference between gold and dirt. funny.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the language Christ would use….even if you are angry, or imagine yourself to be “sent by God” somehow….how we deliver our message is as important as the message itself.

I'm not the one that said that... I was replying to what Pierac said, that's who was using this type of language

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is the One who made it possible to have record of the greek to be able to look things up in greek

If it weren't for the Lord... our next breath would fail... so He is the source of all Power and Truth, not men.

If it weren't for the Lord, man wouldn't know the difference between gold and dirt. View attachment 40063
Well, putting your logic forward. Then I should not listen to you because you are a man. I should not learn from anyone on the planet because they are men. So I should delete this website from my computer and only read my Bible that was translated into many different copies by men.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, putting your logic forward. Then I should not listen to you because you are a man. I should not learn from anyone on the planet because they are men. So I should delete this website from my computer and only read my Bible that was translated into many different copies by men.

Yeah, do that... if you want to be in the ditch on that side.

Some are in the ditch on the other side and never study on their own and instead believe what others tell them to believe.

Proverbs 11:1
A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.

Ultimately Jesus IS our Teacher...

Matthew 23:8
But be not ye called Rabbi: for One is your Teacher, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Of course He uses men... but He warned in the last days many men would be false teachers and would deceive many... so unless one has their own personal relationship with the Lord expecting Him to reveal His Word to them, they will be deceived.

1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The way Jesus teaches us is thru His Spirit, and we must be spiritually minded in order to receive revelation from Him which is ALWAYS based on God's written Word!

Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

Romans 8:14
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your Soul IS Immortal. Period.​

Yes, your soul is immortal.

Jesus was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God is coming, and he answered, “The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For, in fact, the kingdom of God is within you.” — Luke 17:20–21

Christian mystical Non-Duality means that we have never been separated from God, because the kingdom of God has always been deep within us. We have been children of God all along, and forever after, and God will never disown us, despite naturally being, like a loving mother, compassionately angry with us whenever we happen to harm ourselves with our sins, and threatening us with eternal Hell to sober us up. Because, being spiritually immature, we all, in essence, live lives of the prodigal son (or daughter) from the Biblical parable, God being a stern, but loving and forgiving Father, has been kindly allowing us to keep reincarnating for as long as we need in order to purify our mind by spiritually growing in our unconditional Love for all living creatures, including all the Buddhists, because Christ urged us to love even our enemies. For in God’s Heaven, there is only Divine Love and perfect harmony, all revelling in the Non-Dual divine Glory of God’s Holy Light.

Be still, and know that I am God. — Psalms 46:10

When our mind calmly meditates, we abide in stillness, in the silent presence of the occult Holy Light of the Omnipresent mind of God, and in the Holy Peace of God, which surpasses our conceptual thinking and understanding (Philippians 4:7), and thus we become more and more Enlightened by allowing our mind to gently and humbly bask in the glory of God’s all-pervading mystical Holy Light of His divine radiant luminous consciousness that is also hidden deep within our own mind being our True Self and our birth-right to have eternal life in God’s Heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ. We all are children of God’s Holy Light, including all the Buddhists, because the kingdom of God is within us all.

All of the above will be revealed also to you directly by God himself in your simple Christian meditation, which we discuss in the following thread on this forum:

https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/christian-meditation-and-interfaith-dialog.60309/

View attachment 39573
As someone I know once said, we,humans,are God, having a human experience.

Everything that exists,the seen and unseen, is of and from God. As he tells us.

I think too we should reflect upon how the Bible came to exist.
In brief,it was compiled over many decades by councils of men. Councils, being a key consideration by definition.

These men considered unimaginable numbers of scrolls,texts,narratives, and from different cultures,in order to arrive at their own narrative.
A tome of controls, that would bring control,order,from beginning to end not of just the creation of our planet,but of our human race.

And by that standard,control a world population through bloody conquest .And do so through both an application of fear assuaged by hope paradigm. You're born doomed to burn for eternity.....unless....OBEY!And stay saved from Hell.

I think when people limit themselves to being solely what is therein written,they run the risk of being Biblicists, believers in the book.
When God is far greater. And speaks to his creation constantly.
While some faith traditions claim the closed Bible canon means God has nothing else to say.

The kingdom of Heaven,there are more than one in scripture, the kingdom of God, is within us.
Just meditating on that fact alone,that sentence, is freeing. And empowering.

We are never separated from God. Our soul can never die. Not if we hold to the fact the soul is of and from God.

While the control,the fear injection of mans councils,claim it shall,does not mean it is at all possible.

When all is of and from God,anything that appears to die,like ourselves for instance,can only return to its creator. The source from which it sprang.

Sure,we will change when we leave this flesh behind so it becomes dust again. However,we change in that our original self,of and from God,returns to that source,God. Who made us to inhabit that flesh God created of and from himself.

God is dust now?
Yes.Everything is God.

Maybe stop always looking up,or in a book, for God. Look in the mirror,within, and there you shall find "him","her".

God is always,in all ways,more than we think.

God is love.And so are you.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And still there is this superior attitude… hmmx1:..what makes you think you have to yell at people to correct everyone who holds a different view? Are you the only one with knowledge of the scriptures? Do you see yourself as single-handedly sent by God to the people of the world to impart your truth to them? (Matthew 28:19-20) What if your truth isn’t God’s truth?

Are you part of a global brotherhood who gathers regularly for worship and spiritual instruction….to “incite to love and fine works” (Heb 10:24-25) in all nations? If not, then you cannot even call yourself a “Christian” because God’s people have always been organized for worship prescribed by Jehovah, not by any man.

Christ gathered people and offered them instruction and insight on the scriptures, and some became his disciples, but the majority did not…..God did not force people to listen to his son, but allowed their own hearts to respond to his teachings, of their own free will. When God saw a response in their hearts, he ‘drew’ (attracted) them to want to learn more.

I saw “the truth” a very long time ago…..and that is what I post on these threads so that people can read and decide for themselves if there is anything in my words that conveys the truth of scripture, rather than perpetuating the lies taught by Christendom for centuries.

True, he did not know it all back then, but I assure you, he does now.

Again with the delusion that you are somehow “sent by God” to reveal the truth to people on Internet forums….you are here for the same reason we all are…..NOT to ram scripture down people’s throats, but to share what you believe in a humble (not bombastic) way, because if Jesus is our model, then you fail miserably to imitate him.

1 Peter 2:21-23..
”In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely. 22 He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth. 23 When he was being insulted, he did not insult in return. When he was suffering, he did not threaten, but he entrusted himself to the One who judges righteously.”
As I said before…take a leaf….

Jesus said we must all be “seekers”. So not everyone will arrive at the same conclusions, but those “drawn” by God will be gathered into one global brotherhood. “One flock…one shepherd”.

Who can be at peace with someone at war? You treat people as if they are all stupid and ignorant….it is not attractive but repelling.
State what you believe by all means, but leave the personal insults and large bonded type out of the discussion….it will not make people respond to you kindly. It is not ‘Christlike’ and makes you look like an arrogant and egotistical fool. Is that what you want? :ummm: Talk “to” people not “at” them.
Wow....

I have only one reply.... to you accusing me... of having a superior attitude! Pay attention...and study this verse in cntext!!!
1Co 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Even the other Paul.. (ie not me) told you six times!!! All things are of God... All Things!!!

See Rom. 11:36; 1 Cor. 8:6, and 11:12; 2 Cor. 5:18; Eph. 1:11, and Heb. 2:10. Now was the apostle careless and a little too bold in these utterances, or did he mean just what he said, and are they true, taken full strength? I say, without any hesitation, yes, to the two latter questions. The more we learn of God's works and ways the more we shall understand that in a sense absolutely "all things are of God;" or in other words, as it has been often expressed God is in everything. We will notice a few passages that will set forth the Bible teaching on this point.

Says Christ, "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." (Matt. 10:29,30).

Another very striking example of how all things are of God is brought out in the case of the priestly house of Eli. Read l. Sam. 2:30-33. Now see how the fulfilment of this prediction was brought about in 1 Sam. 22:18-20. A more cold-blooded, barbarous butchery was never perpetrated, and yet it was the carrying out of the purpose of God. In 1 Sam. 2:31, God says, "I will cut off thy father's house." According to the account in chapter XXII, it was Doeg that did the awful deed, and yet it is plain to see how God was in it. Abiathar escaped the massacre; the denunciation was against the entire house of Eli. Abiathar must be banished from the priesthood. See how it was done in 1 King 2:26, 27. "So Solomon thrust out Abiathar from being priest unto the Lord; to fulfil the word of the Lord, which he spake concerning the house of Eli in Shiloh." Is not this a very plain illustration of the great truth we are considering. The awful deeds of wicked men are "of God" in such a sense that he makes them conducive to the carrying out of his own plans and brings good out of them in the end. "Surely the wrath of man shall praise him; the remainder of wrath [that which he cannot turn to his praise] will he restrain." "All are his servants."
(Taken from AP Adams)

I don't have an attitude... I have been given eyes to see...

You focus only on Heaven or Hell...
when the wages of sin is ONLY death!!!

Gen 2:16 The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."

Youngs literal translation: Rom 6:23 for the wages of the sin is death, and the gift of God is life age-during {ie 1000 yr reign} in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You still don't see....
Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him,66 and I will raise him up at the last day.
Net Bible
Joh 6:44
-
66 tn Or "attracts him," or "pulls him." The word is used of pulling or dragging, often by force. It is even used once of magnetic attraction (A. Oepke, TDNT 2:503).

sn The Father who sent me draws him. The author never specifically explains what this "drawing" consists of. It is evidently some kind of attraction; whether it is binding and irresistible or not is not mentioned. But there does seem to be a parallel with Joh_6:65, where Jesus says that no one is able to come to him unless the Father has allowed it. This apparently parallels the use of Isaiah by John to reflect the spiritual blindness of the Jewish leaders (see the quotations from Isaiah in Joh_9:41 and Joh_12:39-40).

You think these verses speak about or Heaven or Hell..... That's why you fail... Sister

Paul

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You think these verses speak about or Heaven or Hell..... That's why you fail... Sister
Since I hold no belief in “heaven and hell” as opposite destinations, as I have already stated, I too believe that “the wages sin pays is death”......it appears that you have a comprehension problem. Do you actually read the posts directed to you? Or is it that your ego explodes when people expose your own errors?

How was your post a response to what I wrote?

Who is A.P. Adams? Someone who is recognised as a shining light in the world of Bible education? Or was he someone who, like yourself, was intent on peddling his own views as if they could not be in error? Does his legacy live on in the world, or did his views die with him? Did he begin something that grew after he left?

It also appears that you hold your beliefs by adopting the teachings of men (is it only Adams?).....”shopping” for confirmation that what you wish to believe cannot be wrong, when it is apparent also that you are not part of a global brotherhood who all hold to one truth.....is your “truth” therefore your very own religion? (1 Cor 1:10)

Are you here pretending to be an apostle when it is obvious that you are unacquainted with the personality of Christ...someone we are supposed to emulate....but whose example you trample on.

The real apostle Paul was originally Saul of Tarsus, an arrogant pig of a man, intent on destroying anyone who dared to challenge the faith of his forefathers. Yet he was humiliated on the road to Damascus and brought to his knees, blinded by the spirit and led to a new truth by Jesus Christ. He humbly accepted the correction and was used by God in a powerful way to direct his zeal for his faith (and his education as a Pharisee) in a positive way.

Addressing yourself as “the other Paul” (as you have done previously) is declaring yourself as the apostle’s equal...what delusions are you entertaining? Your whole attitude and demeanour betray your mistaken identity. Humility is the hallmark of a genuine Christian....a trait seen in Paul, that was completely missing in Saul....I have not detected humility in your posts at all. Neither Jesus nor Paul were abrasive in their preaching. You cannot bully people into submission. Learn something from what others tell you, especially about yourself.....emulate Paul, not Saul.

I don't have an attitude... I have been given eyes to see...
If that were true, then the demeanour to speak with the same humility as Jesus and Paul, would also be given to you....but it is completely missing.
1 Peter 3:15...
“But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect.”
I suggest you pray about that.

Since your conduct is anything but Christian to date, I am not your sister.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I hold no belief in “heaven and hell” as opposite destinations, as I have already stated, I too believe that “the wages sin pays is death”......it appears that you have a comprehension problem. Do you actually read the posts directed to you? Or is it that your ego explodes when people expose your own errors?

How was your post a response to what I wrote?

Who is A.P. Adams? Someone who is recognised as a shining light in the world of Bible education? Or was he someone who, like yourself, was intent on peddling his own views as if they could not be in error? Does his legacy live on in the world, or did his views die with him? Did he begin something that grew after he left?

It also appears that you hold your beliefs by adopting the teachings of men (is it only Adams?).....”shopping” for confirmation that what you wish to believe cannot be wrong, when it is apparent also that you are not part of a global brotherhood who all hold to one truth.....is your “truth” therefore your very own religion? (1 Cor 1:10)

Are you here pretending to be an apostle when it is obvious that you are unacquainted with the personality of Christ...someone we are supposed to emulate....but whose example you trample on.

The real apostle Paul was originally Saul of Tarsus, an arrogant pig of a man, intent on destroying anyone who dared to challenge the faith of his forefathers. Yet he was humiliated on the road to Damascus and brought to his knees, blinded by the spirit and led to a new truth by Jesus Christ. He humbly accepted the correction and was used by God in a powerful way to direct his zeal for his faith (and his education as a Pharisee) in a positive way.

Addressing yourself as “the other Paul” (as you have done previously) is declaring yourself as the apostle’s equal...what delusions are you entertaining? Your whole attitude and demeanour betray your mistaken identity. Humility is the hallmark of a genuine Christian....a trait seen in Paul, that was completely missing in Saul....I have not detected humility in your posts at all. Neither Jesus nor Paul were abrasive in their preaching. You cannot bully people into submission. Learn something from what others tell you, especially about yourself.....emulate Paul, not Saul.

If that were true, then the demeanour to speak with the same humility as Jesus and Paul, would also be given to you....but it is completely missing.
1 Peter 3:15...
“But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect.”
I suggest you pray about that.

Since your conduct is anything but Christian to date, I am not your sister.
This is why you fail.... You admit to know nothing of A.P Adams... then proceed to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I bring up his works..... ?

You Speak/Post as a Child....

You make women look stupid in biblical studies with these types of comments....

I don't know how to respond.....??? Don't be lazy and Do some actual research when some one post to you???

If you put in at least 10 min of actual work... you could tell me what you hate about A.P. Adams... not ask Who is He!!!

I defend Womens valuable works in the establishment of the early Church... Yet you make it harder making comments like this...

OMG... Did you really post this... with no research... no idea who A.P. Adams was.... much less.... what was being discussed???

Paul

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why you fail.... You admit to know nothing of A.P Adams...

Where in God's Word does it say one must know A.P Adams to be saved and understand God's Word???

Is this some new Apostle Jesus has brought on the scene? clueless-scratching.gif

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is why you fail.... You admit to know nothing of A.P Adams... then proceed to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I bring up his works..... ?

You Speak/Post as a Child....

You make women look stupid in biblical studies with these types of comments....

I don't know how to respond.....??? Don't be lazy and Do some actual research when some one post to you???

If you put in at least 10 min of actual work... you could tell me what you hate about A.P. Adams... not ask Who is He!!!
Are you serious? Good grief man, get a grip....you fly off the handle so easily and with very little provocation.
When you can keep your personal judgments to yourself and just discuss the topic, without the slurs, we might have something to talk about, but since you have no idea about civility.....I think the “ignore button” might be in order here.
When I asked “who is A.P. Adam’s?” I was actually asking who he is with regard to any scriptural scholarship? Is he a man who was recognised by others as having something important to say and who carried on his work after he died....
I actually did do some research on Adams.....and I saw that he was someone whose ideas were not all bad but apparently he has left no legacy.....no one who came after him who carried on his work...or are you the only one carrying his torch?......are you a church of one.

Unless people have actually heard of A.P. Adams, (I hadn’t and which I doubt many have)...how did you come to adopt his ideas above all the others of his time making waves in theology?

If you believe him, what makes you superior to anyone else who has adopted the ideas of others that sounds right to them....? The world is full of such people....they draw off people and form their own church.
Did Adams do that?
It seems like anyone who has an opinion contrary to your own (or Adams) is instantly attacked....and very personally. Since attack is the weakest form of defence, I don’t really have anything more to say to you.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious? Good grief man, get a grip....you fly off the handle so easily and with very little provocation.
When you can keep your personal judgments to yourself and just discuss the topic, without the slurs, we might have something to talk about, but since you have no idea about civility.....I think the “ignore button” might be in order here.

I actually did do some research on Adams.....and I saw that he was someone whose ideas were not all bad but apparently he has left no legacy.....no one who came after him who carried on his work...or are you the only one carrying his torch?......are you a church of one.

Unless people have actually heard of A.P. Adams, (I hadn’t and which I doubt many have)...how did you come to adopt his ideas above all the others of his time making waves in theology?

If you believe him, what makes you superior to anyone else who has adopted the ideas of others that sounds right to them....? The world is full of such people....they draw off people and form their own church.
Did Adams do that?
It seems like anyone who has an opinion contrary to your own (or Adams) is instantly attacked....and very personally. Since attack is the weakest form of defence, I don’t really have anything more to say to you.
Again you fail to see... Sister

His Legacy is His works that you read.... Yet.... I care not for Him.... He is nothing more than another part to me!

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part,

A.P. Adams knew a lot of parts nothing more nothing less.

I seek and collect parts.... And only the Finger of GOD can show you the true parts!

Paul

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again you fail to see... Sister

His Legacy is His works that you read.... Yet.... I care not for Him.... He is nothing more than another part to me!

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part,

A.P. Adams knew a lot of parts nothing more nothing less.

I seek and collect parts.... And only the Finger of GOD can show you the true parts!

Paul
Are you just another “shopper” in the great celestial supermarket?…..how many things do you have in your ‘trolley’ that God actually put there? How many others claim to do the same thing…can you all be correct? I have news for you…you could all possibly be wrong, because logically, you can’t all be right!
Do you have a brotherhood, or are you a church of one, is what I asked you.

No one can be a “Christian” in isolation from others who must hold the same beliefs. (1 Cor 1:10) God’s spirit unites people and brings them together in worship (Heb 10:24:25)…it does not divide them. Unless others believe as you do, you have no “church”…..it’s just you picking and choosing what ideas appeal to you, and rejecting the ones that don’t.…but you attain such conviction in your chosen beliefs, regardless of how many different people’s ideas you adopt and squeeze into your own little box.….yet God is the one who decides what is truth and he has a people whom he has “drawn” to that truth (John 6:44, 65)….he has organized them into one international body of believers who all accept the same truth, despite the fact that they speak different languages.…unless you are part of that body, you are not his.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Some like to talk about the attributes of our soul thinking they understand it, when they really do not.

Our soul is immortal until... or IF... God destroys it. That's different than claiming the soul is not immortal, isn't it?

In case you didn't know, per Lord Jesus' promise of John 11:26, that means the soul of those who believe on Him is 'deemed' immortal already. And if you don't believe that, then why did you believe on Christ's Blood shed upon His cross so that you might have eternal life through Him?

John 11:26
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?
KJV

Once again, many claim things about the 'soul' which God created as part of our makeup, but rarely do they consult all the facts of Bible Scripture about it. They certainly will never understand about the 'soul' from using the things of this material world to discern it. Yet that is often what they attempt.

Our 'soul' part is attached with our 'spirit' part, and is of heavenly substance, because it originates from that other dimension called the heavenly. Our soul/spirit can be separated from our flesh body, as written. And because the terms 'soul' and 'spirit' are often used interchangeably, it simply is meant because they both are always together and refer to the person.
And it CAN be destroyed

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it CAN be destroyed

The human soul has an eternal spirit that will cause it to live forever... so the soul will never cease to exist. disagree.gif

One of the devil's tricks to get people to not get born again is to get them to believe they will cease to exist and will not be torments in hell for all eternity.
Only the super gullible reject what God's Word says and embraces annihilationism laughing3.gif

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human soul has an eternal spirit that will cause it to live forever... so the soul will never cease to exist. View attachment 41297

One of the devil's tricks to get people to not get born again is to get them to believe they will cease to exist and will not be torments in hell for all eternity.
Only the super gullible reject what God's Word says and embraces annihilationism View attachment 41298

By what figure does the Bible represent death?
"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope." 1 Thess. 4:13 (1 Cor. 15:18, 20) (John 11:11-14).
NOTE: In sound sleep one is wholly lost to consciousness; time goes by unmeasured; and the functions of the mental organs are suspended for the time being.

Where do the dead sleep?
"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake." Dan. 12:2.

How long will they sleep there?
"So man lieth down, and riseth not, till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep." Job. 14:12.

What must take place before Job could expect to awake?
"If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will wait, till my change come." Job 14:14.

Where does he wait?
"If I wait, the grave is mine house; I have made my bed in the darkness." Job 17:13.

While in this condition, what does one know of those he has left behind?
"His sons come to honor, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them." Job 14:21.

What becomes of man's thoughts at death?
"His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." Ps. 146:4.

Do the dead know anything?
"For the living know that they shall die; but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten." Eccl. 9:5.

What part, if any, do they take in earthly things?
"Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion forever in anything that is done under the sun." Ecc. 9:6.
NOTE: If one continued in consciousness after death, he would know of the promotion or dishonor of his sons. But Job says he does not know this, then if, as stated in the last text quoted, in death one loses all the attributes of his mind, as love, hatred, envy, etc., it is plain that his thoughts have perished, and that he can have nothing more to do with living objects. Again if man in death prolongs his powers of thought, he lives; and if he lives he must be somewhere. Where is he? Is he in heaven, or in hell? If in either place immediately after death, what is the necessity of a judgment in the end of the world to decide his case? Is there a possibility that some have at death gone to the wrong place, and must needs be sent to the other, after having been in bliss or torment for ages, perhaps?

What does the psalmist say about the dead praising the Lord?
"The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence." Ps. 115:17.

How much does one know of God when dead?
"For in death there is no remembrance of thee." Ps. 6:5.
NOTE: There is not even a remembrance of God. As already seen, the Bible everywhere represents the dead as asleep. If they were in heaven or in hell, would it be fitting to represent them thus? Was Lazarus, whom Jesus loved, in heaven when the Savior said: "Our friend Lazarus sleepeth?" (John 11:11.) If so, calling him to life was really robbing him of the bliss of heaven that rightly belonged to him.

But are not the righteous dead in heaven?
"For David is not ascended into the heavens." Acts 2:34.

If the dead cannot praise God, what must take place to enable them to do so?
"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust; for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." Isa. 26:19.

What was the only thing with which David would be satisfied?
"As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness." Ps. 17:15.

If there should never be an awakening of the dead, what would be the result?
"For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised; and if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished." 1 Cor. 15:16-18.

When does the resurrection of the righteous take place?
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first." 1 Thess. 4:16 (1 Cor. 15:23).
NOTE: If, as we have learned (Eccl. 9:5), the dead know not anything, then they will certainly have no knowledge of the lapse of time. A thousand years will be to them a day or a moment. To go down to the grave, and wait till the resurrection, even though it be a thousand years, will be to those who experience it like a sudden transition from this life to the next. It ought to be a consoling thought to one whose life has been filled with anxiety and grief for loved ones who persist in wickedness, to know that they will in death be spared torment. Again, it would mar the felicity of one's enjoyment in heaven if he could look upon earth, and see his friends and relatives maltreated by strangers, or suffering from cold and hunger. It is wise that God has ordered it as expressed by the patriarch: "His sons come to honor, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them." Job 14:21.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it CAN be destroyed
So one of Christ's very elect that will never be deceived can still have their soul destroyed at the "second death"?? Nah, afraid not. You need to study Revelation 20 again about the "second death" subject.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you just another “shopper” in the great celestial supermarket?…..how many things do you have in your ‘trolley’ that God actually put there? How many others claim to do the same thing…can you all be correct? I have news for you…you could all possibly be wrong, because logically, you can’t all be right!
Do you have a brotherhood, or are you a church of one, is what I asked you.

No one can be a “Christian” in isolation from others who must hold the same beliefs. (1 Cor 1:10) God’s spirit unites people and brings them together in worship (Heb 10:24:25)…it does not divide them. Unless others believe as you do, you have no “church”…..it’s just you picking and choosing what ideas appeal to you, and rejecting the ones that don’t.…but you attain such conviction in your chosen beliefs, regardless of how many different people’s ideas you adopt and squeeze into your own little box.….yet God is the one who decides what is truth and he has a people whom he has “drawn” to that truth (John 6:44, 65)….he has organized them into one international body of believers who all accept the same truth, despite the fact that they speak different languages.…unless you are part of that body, you are not his.
Oh... My.... Dear Sister

You have no Idea what it's like being in the desert...

Yet,.. I'm not alone... I occasionally see others.... But not very often.

Shortly after Paul's conversion from being a racist, sectarian, self-righteous, bigoted, and highly religious Pharisees to a disciple of the Lord. God led him to an Arabian desert for three years (Galatians 1: 17 -- 18). What was he doing there? Detoxing. Everything that Paul knew as a zealous Pharisee was bled out of him in the desert. NOTE: It took 3 years for him to over come the traditions of men

You need to bleed sister.... Your full of the traditions of men! What? You think your any different from Paul... some how superior to him.... Thus obtaining the truth by just following what your told by your Church?

Are you Mormon?
Are you Catholic?
Are you Baptist?
Are you Methodist ?
Are you Jehovah's Witness?
Are you Calvinist?

You see.... All of these groups have seminaries... Very impressive schools that support their beliefs.... Yet.... they all disagree!!
Who's right? That's the Billion dollar question!!!

You will only find the answer in the desert!!!

BTW.... Do I know you from TOL??? (Theology on Line) from long ago... Your name is sooo familiar???

Last edited: