“who endures ~~~~ is saved”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:22 (NASB)
“You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

“It is the one that has endured to the end, who will be saved?”...

So then, this begs the question, just who are the one(s) that will endure to the end? ...

It is those that have received the new birth, for only those that have received the new birth are capable of enduring to the end... For flesh can never overcome flesh...Only the new birth, the Divine nature come to birth in a life, can that life endure to the end...

This “only those that endure to the end” is a very true and correct statement...But as scripture says;

Who is it that overcomes the world?

He that believes that Jesus is the Christ...And by virtue of that faith they are, as Christ Himself says, a new creature in Him.. It is that new creature that endures to the end, for it is born of God and sins not... The body of flesh that it is housed in may stumble and fall till they are separated at the departure time. But that Divine nature that was birthed in them will never fail, will never fall, will never sin...

So then the question is, the soul as it lives in this world is it in possession of that which endures to the end?

Which can only be, the Life of Christ come to birth in the soul..

Or as Christ Jesus Himself said;

“you must be born again”

Be blessed all that are in possession of that which endures to the end...

A fellow possess-er of, Not me

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:22 (NASB)
“You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

“It is the one that has endured to the end, who will be saved?”...

So then, this begs the question, just who are the one(s) that will endure to the end? ...

It is those that have received the new birth, for only those that have received the new birth are capable of enduring to the end... For flesh can never overcome flesh...Only the new birth, the Divine nature come to birth in a life, can that life endure to the end...

This “only those that endure to the end” is a very true and correct statement...But as scripture says;

Who is it that overcomes the world?

He that believes that Jesus is the Christ...And by virtue of that faith they are, as Christ Himself says, a new creature in Him.. It is that new creature that endures to the end, for it is born of God and sins not... The body of flesh that it is housed in may stumble and fall till they are separated at the departure time. But that Divine nature that was birthed in them will never fail, will never fall, will never sin...

So then the question is, the soul as it lives in this world is it in possession of that which endures to the end?

Which can only be, the Life of Christ come to birth in the soul..

Or as Christ Jesus Himself said;

“you must be born again”

Be blessed all that are in possession of that which endures to the end...

A fellow possess-er of, Not me

Your question seems to be a 'deep' one....if I can or understand it correctly...maybe I just saw something 'deep' in your words..it is not Bible 101 anymore then....

This is your question I'm referring to in your opener...
"So then the question is, the soul as it lives in this world is it in possession of that which endures to the end?"

Are you referring to your spirit, the 'new you,' within your body whilst living as a soul on earth, and as an enduring and an overcomer in Christ?
And then are you wanting to know if the 'old' self or spirit, or energy/invisible influence, is connected and also owns your 'good' and renewed spirit that is being fashioned as Christ whilst on earth?

The answer is no. it is not connected since the arrival of the Spirit that is permanently connected to the 'new you,' and is not in 'total' control of the new created seed or spirit that is 'you' now, as an overcomer, possessed or owned by Christ. This is guaranteed and powered by the Spirit of God. Although the old spirit or 'old man' can still influence your new self whilst on earth; both dwelling in the same body as a living soul, temporarily.

And then by implication then, the old self or the 'bad' sinful spirit is shed and separates from the physical body, called death. The new self or the spirit fashioned as spirit of Christ shall also separate from the old perishable body, to be transformed in glory with a new vessel or body fashioned as Christ?

Now where the sinful spirit (old man) goes after separation from the body is God's affair...It still needs to be accounted for......maybe thrown into the 'Lake.'..scripture never speaks of this matter at all..the inner workings of God and how he manages his spirits, of all types, in this life, before or afterwards is a mystery, indeed.

Did I at least hit the dart board or did I hit the larger area around it?

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question seems to be a 'deep' one....if I can or understand it correctly...maybe I just saw something 'deep' in your words..it is not Bible 101 anymore then....

This is your question I'm referring to in your opener...
"So then the question is, the soul as it lives in this world is it in possession of that which endures to the end?"

Are you referring to your spirit, the 'new you,' within your body whilst living as a soul on earth, and as an enduring and an overcomer in Christ?
And then are you wanting to know if the 'old' self or spirit, or energy/invisible influence, is connected and also owns your 'good' and renewed spirit that is being fashioned as Christ whilst on earth?

The answer is no. it is not connected since the arrival of the Spirit that is permanently connected to the 'new you,' and is not in 'total' control of the new created seed or spirit that is 'you' now, as an overcomer, possessed or owned by Christ. This is guaranteed and powered by the Spirit of God. Although the old spirit or 'old man' can still influence your new self whilst on earth; both dwelling in the same body as a living soul, temporarily.

And then by implication then, the old self or the 'bad' sinful spirit is shed and separates from the physical body, called death. The new self or the spirit fashioned as spirit of Christ shall also separate from the old perishable body, to be transformed in glory with a new vessel or body fashioned as Christ?

Now where the sinful spirit (old man) goes after separation from the body is God's affair...It still needs to be accounted for......maybe thrown into the 'Lake.'..scripture never speaks of this matter at all..the inner workings of God and how he manages his spirits, of all types, in this life, before or afterwards is a mystery, indeed.

Did I at least hit the dart board or did I hit the larger area around it?

Bless you,

APAK

Such a seeking heart you have!

But, it’s kinda hard to follow, but I’m not saying your wrong, for we all have different ways to describe what we see as going on inwardly as we grow in Christ...

But to make it as simple as I know how according to my limited understanding. The new creation vs the old creation. The new creation can and will endure to the end, because it is born of God...The old creation can not endure for it is of this world and loves it’s own...

Scripture says we died with Christ..

Meaning that the old us the soul that was born of Adam died with Christ and we now have a regenerated soul which is created in righteousness...Our physical body’s have not died, this is why Paul says, the sin that still dwells in him, meaning the lusts and desires that are still active and present in us that pull us this way and that...Those desire aren’t dead, but we are dead to them..Henceforth we are told to reckon ourselves dead to sin (those desires still alive and active in us) and alive unto God.. This is a choice the will makes on a daily, hourly, by the minute decision constantly as we go through our day.. A constant reckoning ourselves dead to sin and alive unto God... That the works of the law might be fulfilled in us but not by us... I hope this is understandable, even a little...

Be blessed as He becomes more and we less..

A fellow believer, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good and I believe I might have hit the 25 point ring if not the bullseye...thanks for your feedback. It is a great subject....my fault is that I used to be an engineer and an analyst..I just want to know how spiritual things work of God...as if I could draw invisible spirits and their processes and describe these processes in detail on a white board.,,I just want to know it all!!!

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good and I believe I might have hit the 25 point ring if not the bullseye...thanks for your feedback. It is a great subject....my fault is that I used to be an engineer and an analyst..I just want to know how spiritual things work of God...as if I could draw invisible spirits and their processes and describe these processes in detail on a white board.,,I just want to know it all!!!

Bless you,

APAK

Thanks and yes, we all are learning, we all are growing..So be blessed as He becomes our all...

A brother in the faith, Not me

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people interpret this statement to mean that we must endure to be saved. This interpretation introduces works into the salvation process and the Bible says salvation is entirely a work of the grace of God. We are not saved because we endure but rather we endure because we are saved. Endurance is the result of salvation, not the means of gaining it.

Reactions: APAK