25 reasons why you should abandon Premillennialism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You shouldn't talk to yourself in these forums like that, WPM. It's embarrassing, even when you replace what you do to hang onto your Amil beliefs with the word "Premil" :blush:

You are yet to rebut one single point in the Op. That is telling! Others can see that. It is Scriptures that forbids your doctrine, i suspect you know that. That is why you constantly avoid.

Reactions: covenantee

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No corroboration is what kills Amil, besides all the above.

Amil is built on safer ground. Amil is built upon corroboration. Multiple strong and repeated Scriptures on each tenet of that position proves that doctrine. Let us discuss some of the water-tight support Amil enjoys for its understanding of Rev 20.

Much Scripture proves that Jesus is "the first resurrection" (Acts 26:23 and Revelation 20:6), "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18), "the firstfruits of them that slept" (1 Corinthians 15:20), "first begotten of the dead" (Revelation 1:5).

Matthew 12:22-29, Mark 3:11, 23-27, Luke 10:18-19, Luke 11:20-22, John 12:31-33 Colossians 2:13-15, Hebrews 2:14-15, I John 3:8, Revelation 9:1-11 and Revelation 20:2 prove Satan was bound, defeated, incapacitated, divested of power, disarmed, brought to naught, undone, stripped and spiritually imprisoned through Christ's sinless life, atoning death and triumphant resurrection. Colossians 2:15 tells us: “having spoiled (or divested or disarmed) principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.” Satan has not been rendered immobile or inoperative but is limited in his power, kingship and influence by being defeated on the cross. He is like a dog on a chain. He is shackled.

Other Scripture shows the reigning of the dead in Christ now during the intra-Advent period (Revelation 20:4). See also Hebrews 12:18, 22-23, Revelation 6:9-10, 7:9-17, 15:1-3.

Christ appears with His holy angels (Matthew 13:41-43, 49 16:27 24:29-31 25:31-32, Mark 13:25-27, Luke 9:26, Revelation 14:14-20) and the New Jerusalem (John 14:1-3, Hebrews 11:8-10, 13-16, 13:14. Revelation 3:11-12, 21:1-4).

There is a general resurrection/judgment (singular) of all mankind at the coming of Christ (Matthew 10:15, 12:36, 16:27, 25:31-46, John 5:21-30, 6:39-44, 54, 10:42, 11:21-27, 12:48, 17:30-32, 24:15, Acts 10:42, 17:30-31, Romans 2:4-8, 14:10-12, 1 Corinthians 3:6-8, 11-15, 1 Corinthians 4:5, 2 Corinthians 5:10, 2 Timothy 4:1-8, 2 Thessalonians 1:5-8, 1 Timothy 5:24, Hebrews 9:27, 10:27, 2 Peter 2:9, 3:7, 1 Peter 4:1-5, 1 John 4:17, and Revelation 19:11, 20:11-15, 22:12).

Satan cast into the Lake of Fire (Isaiah 26:19, II Thessalonians 2:1-9 Revelation 20:10). This occurs before the heaven and earth pass away in Revelation 20.

There is a climactic conflagration (Job 14:12-14, Isaiah 13:9-11, Isaiah 34:1-4, 8, Isaiah 65:17-21, Isaiah 66:22-24, Joel 2:3, Joel 2:10-11, Malachi 4:1-3, Matthew 24:29-30, Matthew 24:35-44, Mark 13:24-26, Luke 21:25-27, Romans 8:18-23, 1 Corinthians 15:23-24, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, 2 Peter 3:10-13, Hebrews 1:10-12, Revelation 6:13-17, Revelation 16:15-20, Revelation 19:11-16 and Revelation 20:11-15).

Perfection arrives with the age to come (Luke 20:27-36, Romans 8:19-23, 1 Corinthians 15:50-55, 2 Peter 3:3-13 Philippians 3:20-21, 1 Peter 4:3-7, Hebrews 1:10-12 and Revelation 20:11-15, 21:1-5).

The age to come possesses no mortals. The wicked are destroyed at His appearing (2 Samuel 22:9, Job 41:20-21, Psalm 18:7-8, 37:9-11, 50:1-6, 68:1-3, 97:3-5, Isaiah 11:4-5, 13:9, 30:33, 66:15-17, Joel 2:1-3, 2:10-11, Nahum 1:1, 5-6, Malachi 4:1, Luke 17:26-30, 20:34-36, Romans 8:19-23, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 13:8-13, 15:50-55, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-5:3, II Thessalonians 1:4-10, Revelation 16:15-21, 19:11-18, Revelation 21-22).

1 Corinthians 13:12, Ephesians 4:13 and Revelation 10:5-7 show that the curtain coming down on the mystery of God, thus confirming we are at the end of time and entering into eternity when all will finally be revealed.

This is a water-tight argument to me that the second coming is “the end.”

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are yet to rebut one single point in the Op. That is telling! Others can see that. It is Scriptures that forbids your doctrine, i suspect you know that. That is why you constantly avoid.
I rebutted the first point. The false basis of all the others.

In fact I've rebutted a few of them.

Not anyone's fault you're so forgetful. Certainly not mine.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rebutted the first point. The false basis of all the others.

In fact I've rebutted a few of them.

Not anyone's fault you're so forgetful. Certainly not mine.

No, you did not even lay a punch on Amil. You steered around the reality! Premils view all end-time Scripture through the lens of Revelation 20. Take this passage out of the equation and Premillennialism has nothing in the inspired pages to support all their main tenets. This is demonstrated by the fact, there is not one single second coming passage in the Bible that teaches 1000 years (or any significant period of time) follows this great glorious event where sin and death continue.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Op Note!

Navigate through this thread, and follow the conversations, and you will quickly see that no Premil has been able to refute one single point in the Op. All we have is avoidance and unnecessary chiding. So many simple arguments and inspired texts are avoided. This is testimony to the strength of the Amil position.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone starts off a long thesis with a totally straw man argument, then you know the rest of what he says will go along the same sort of line.

The word Amillennialist only exists because of one school of Christian's interpretation of only one chapter in the Bible - Revelation chapter 20.
The word Pre-millennialist only exists because of one school of Christian's interpretation of only one chapter in the Bible - Revelation chapter 20.
The word Post-millennialist only exists because of one school of Christian's interpretation of only one chapter in the Bible - Revelation chapter 20.
The word Past-millennialist only exists because of one school of Christian's interpretation of only one chapter in the Bible - Revelation chapter 20.

It's the only chapter in the entire New Testament to mention a thousand years, the binding of Satan and rule of people who had been beheaded and were seen alive in their bodies again, with Christ for the same thousand years.

When Amillennialists argue that it's symbolic, they are talking about only one chapter in the entire Bible, and they do not do a very good job at all of finding scriptures to support their view about it being symbolic, because there aren't any, so they are forced to (always and only through sheer conjecture) pull a whole bunch of other scriptures together that have nothing to do with the subject, and applying all their conjecture to only one chapter - Revelation 20.

When Premillennialists argue that Revelation 20's thousand years is a literal thousand years, at least they are able to produce a whole bunch of other scriptures from other parts of the New Testament to support their claim, such as in Post #109 in this thread.

And so it goes.

What a total straw man argument to use as a first statement in a long, long nothing-burger thesis!!
Obviously, you have no support for your position. If you had, you would have given it long before now. But your continued avoidance speaks loud and clear. I do not know how you are happy holding to a doctrine that carries no other clear support and which interprets the rest of Scripture through the lens of one highly symbolic chapter, which is the most debated chapter in the Bible.

Until you furnish us with biblical support for your theory re Rev 20 you have no right to question what the rest of us believe. It is normally people like this that cause others of being in error.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Obviously, you have no support for your position. If you had, you would have given it long before now. But your continued avoidance speaks loud and clear. I do not know how you are happy holding to a doctrine that carries no other clear support and which interprets the rest of Scripture through the lens of one highly symbolic chapter, which is the most debated chapter in the Bible.

Until you furnish us with biblical support for your theory re Rev 20 you have no right to question what the rest of us believe. It is normally people like this that cause others of being in error.
RAPTURE (from 1 Thess. 4:17)

Our theological concept of "rapture" originates from the verb "caught up." "Rapture" is a Latin rendering of the Greek verb in 1 Thess. 4:17 (harpazō – future passive indicative), which implies a forceful "snatching away" (cf. John 6:15; 10:12, 28-29). This event is also mentioned in 1 Cor. 15:51-52.

1Co 15:50 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
1Co 15:51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1Co 15:55 “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”
1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Many have disagreed about this end-time event. Some expect a secret rapture of believers (cf. Matt. 24:40-42, which I do not believe is taught in the NT, see my notes online) before a thousand-year reign of Christ upon the earth (see Special Topic: The Millennium). Often a seven-year tribulation period (cf. Dan. 7:25; 9:27) is linked to this. Some theologians have the rapture before, in the middle, or after this seven year period. The order and nature of these end-time events are ambiguous at best. Dogmatism is surely inappropriate here.

Believers are going to meet the Lord in the air, because in the NT the air was seen as the realm of Satan (cf. Eph. 2:2) and Greeks thought the lower air (atmosphere) was unclean and, therefore, the domain of unclean spirits. Believers will be reunited with their Lord in the midst of Satan's kingdom to show its complete overthrow.

1 Thess. 4:17 – "together with them" This church had misunderstood Paul's preaching about the Second Coming. Paul wrote both 1 and 2 Thessalonians to answer these questions. The church wanted to know:

1. Would the Christians who had died participate in these end-time events?

2. When would dead and living believers be reunited? This subject is discussed again in 2 Thess. 2:1.

"in the clouds" – Clouds are the traditional means of the transportation of deity (cf. Dan. 7:13; Matt. 24:30; 26:64; Acts 1:9-11; Rev. 1:7). The image calls to remembrance the Shekinah cloud of the OT exodus experience (cf. Exod. 13:21,22; 14:19,20,24; 16:10; 19:9,16; 24:15,16,18; 34:5; 40:34-38) which symbolizes God's presence with His people.
Utley.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RAPTURE (from 1 Thess. 4:17)

Our theological concept of "rapture" originates from the verb "caught up." "Rapture" is a Latin rendering of the Greek verb in 1 Thess. 4:17 (harpazō – future passive indicative), which implies a forceful "snatching away" (cf. John 6:15; 10:12, 28-29). This event is also mentioned in 1 Cor. 15:51-52.

1Co 15:50 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
1Co 15:51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1Co 15:55 “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”
1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Many have disagreed about this end-time event. Some expect a secret rapture of believers (cf. Matt. 24:40-42, which I do not believe is taught in the NT, see my notes online) before a thousand-year reign of Christ upon the earth (see Special Topic: The Millennium). Often a seven-year tribulation period (cf. Dan. 7:25; 9:27) is linked to this. Some theologians have the rapture before, in the middle, or after this seven year period. The order and nature of these end-time events are ambiguous at best. Dogmatism is surely inappropriate here.

Believers are going to meet the Lord in the air, because in the NT the air was seen as the realm of Satan (cf. Eph. 2:2) and Greeks thought the lower air (atmosphere) was unclean and, therefore, the domain of unclean spirits. Believers will be reunited with their Lord in the midst of Satan's kingdom to show its complete overthrow.

1 Thess. 4:17 – "together with them" This church had misunderstood Paul's preaching about the Second Coming. Paul wrote both 1 and 2 Thessalonians to answer these questions. The church wanted to know:

1. Would the Christians who had died participate in these end-time events?

2. When would dead and living believers be reunited? This subject is discussed again in 2 Thess. 2:1.

"in the clouds" – Clouds are the traditional means of the transportation of deity (cf. Dan. 7:13; Matt. 24:30; 26:64; Acts 1:9-11; Rev. 1:7). The image calls to remembrance the Shekinah cloud of the OT exodus experience (cf. Exod. 13:21,22; 14:19,20,24; 16:10; 19:9,16; 24:15,16,18; 34:5; 40:34-38) which symbolizes God's presence with His people.
Utley.

Why do you think "the order and nature of these end-time events are ambiguous at best"? Do you not see the climactic nature of the coming of Christ?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
furnish us with biblical support for your theory re Rev 20
Revelation 20 is not a theory; it is plainly written scripture. People who say a thousand years is something else are messing with the Book of Revelation.
2 Timothy 4:1 is Biblical support for the truth that Jesus will reign AFTER His glorious Return.
....I charge you solemnly by His coming appearance and His reign,

We are told when the Judgment of the living and the dead will happen;- when the thousand years is over. Revelation 20:11-15
Many have disagreed about this end-time event.
Many have wrongly placed this Prophecy to when Jesus Returns. Then; Jesus only separates the nations. Matthew 25:31-33
Proof that 1 Corinthians 15:50-56, is a Prophecy for after the Millennium, is that only then: is Death no more. Revelation 21:4

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 is not a theory; it is plainly written scripture.

Who denies that? It is where we locate that where the disagreement is.

People who say a thousand years is something else are messing with the Book of Revelation.

Do you accept that the figure “a thousand” (including a thousand years) and ten thousand are repeatedly used in Scripture to denote a vast indeterminate amount or period of time?

Moses employs `a thousand' in Deuteronomy 7:9 saying, "Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations."

Is this a literal or figurative thousand?

1 Chronicles 16:13-17 also states, "O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones. He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations; Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac; And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant."

A thousand and ten thousand are used together in Psalm 91, saying, "Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee" (vv 5-7).

A similar contrast between these two numbers or ideas is seen in Deuteronomy 32:30, where a rhetorical question is asked, "How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?"

Joshua affirms, on the same vein, in chapter 23, "One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you" (v 10).

Isaiah the prophet similarly declares in Isaiah 30:17, "one thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one."

This incidentally is the only passage in Scripture that makes mention of the actual number "one thousand," albeit, the term is used to impress a spiritual truth.

Psalm 84:9-10 says, "Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

The figure a thousand is also employed in Psalm 50:10-11 saying, "For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine."

Ecclesiastes 7:27-28 succinctly says, "one man among a thousand have I found."

In the same vein, Job 33:23 declares, "If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness."

The distinct contrast between one and a thousand is again found in Job 9:2-3, where Job declares, "I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand."

2 Timothy 4:1 is Biblical support for the truth that Jesus will reign AFTER His glorious Return.
....I charge you solemnly by His coming appearance and His reign,

We are told when the Judgment of the living and the dead will happen;- when the thousand years is over. Revelation 20:11-15

Many have wrongly placed this Prophecy to when Jesus Returns. Then; Jesus only separates the nations. Matthew 25:31-33
Proof that 1 Corinthians 15:50-56, is a Prophecy for after the Millennium, is that only then: is Death no more. Revelation 21:4

Scripture proves that the living and the dead will be judged when Jesus returns. That fits in with the detail of the end of Satan's little season.

The Bible teaches: when Jesus comes that is the end!

· There is nowhere in Scripture that talk about "resurrection days" (plural).
· There is nowhere in Scripture that talk about "judgement days" (plural).

Acts 17:30-31 reinforces my supposition: “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”

Peter testifies in 1 Peter 4:1-5 that there are two distinct types of people, (1) the righteous; whom Christ “suffered for” and who “no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God” and (2) the wicked who “think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you.” All of whom, Peter says, shall give account to him (Christ) that is ready to judge the quick (or the living) and the dead (1 Peter 4:5).

This phrase the “quick and the dead” or the ‘living and the dead’, which comes up a few times in the New Testament, is so totally all-inclusive and unequivocal that one can’t imagine the Holy Spirit employing a more explicit expression to describe the full amount of all mankind. This plain saying unquestionably encompasses the complete amount of Adam’s race – of all time. Every single person conceived from Adam must undoubtedly fall into one category or the other.

Peter testifies in Acts 10:42 to the fact that everyone will stand before the great Judge – Christ – and that he (Christ) commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.”

Every man woman and child will therefore stand before the great Judge of all judges. Notwithstanding, whilst, most Bible students accept this fact, the Premillennialist wrongly tries to argue that the wicked and the righteous will stand before God on two distinct Judgment Days, at two distinct times, separated by over a thousand years, despite there being not one verse in Scripture to support such a notion. This includes their beloved Revelation 20 that only records one judgment of “the dead” that occurs immediately after Gog and Magog comes against the saints and, like elsewhere in Scripture, coincides with the destruction of the wicked and this world and the glorious Second Advent.

2 Timothy 4:1-8 informs us when this glorious (all-inclusive) number will actually stand to account before the throne of God, saying, I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom … there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”

Adam’s race – in total – are therefore judged “at his (Christ’s) ‘epifaneian’ (or) appearing and his kingdom.” This is an all-inclusive general judgment. The subjects involved and the occasion referred to could not be clearer.

Jesus said, in the parable of the wheat and tares, in Matthew 13:24-30, “The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field … Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, (1) Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but (2) gather the wheat into my barn.”

Verses 39-43 continues, the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. (1) As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (2) Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.”

Here, “the end of the world” is expressly linked to the gathering together of the saints by the angels and the complete destruction of the wicked. It is therefore the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ when Christ “shall send forth his angels” to reap that one final all-consummating harvest.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who denies that? It is where we locate that where the disagreement is.
It is quite evident that all of Revelation 20 depicts earthly scenes. Verse 1: I saw an angel coming down from heaven.......
After it has all taken place as Prophesied. THEN God and heaven come to the new earth. Rev 21:1-7
Do you accept that the figure “a thousand” (including a thousand years) and ten thousand are repeatedly used in Scripture to denote a vast indeterminate amount or period of time?
Yes, but that usage does not preclude an exact thousand year period, when Jesus will again be on earth, this time as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Exactly as Revelation 20 says; five times.
Denial of clearly stated scripture is a serious matter and doing it could be very detrimental for you.
the end of the world” is expressly linked to the gathering together of the saints by the angels and the complete destruction of the wicked. It is therefore the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ when Christ “shall send forth his angels” to reap that one final all-consummating harvest.
This wrong belief contradicts many Prophesies.
It is correct that only the righteous faithful will go with Jesus int the Millennium. But His Return to the earth cannot be the end of Gods Plan for mankind. We must have a time when we live in perfect harmony with all Creation and there are many Prophesies that describe that wonderful time. Isaiah 2:1-5. Psalms 46, 47 and 48, +

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is quite evident that all of Revelation 20 depicts earthly scenes. Verse 1: I saw an angel coming down from heaven.......
After it has all taken place as Prophesied. THEN God and heaven come to the new earth. Rev 21:1-7

Unfortunately, Premils on this forum seem unwilling (or unable) to address counter-arguments, biblical evidence, shift outside of Rev 20, or are able to quote the inspired to support their claims. All they have is personal opinions. This is a classic case-in-point. This does nothing to advance their cause.

Where in Revelation 20 does it show Christ on earth? Please quote it instead of voicing your opinions.

Yes, but that usage does not preclude an exact thousand year period, when Jesus will again be on earth, this time as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Exactly as Revelation 20 says; five times.
Denial of clearly stated scripture is a serious matter and doing it could be very detrimental for you.

This wrong belief contradicts many Prophesies.
It is correct that only the righteous faithful will go with Jesus int the Millennium. But His Return to the earth cannot be the end of Gods Plan for mankind. We must have a time when we live in perfect harmony with all Creation and there are many Prophesies that describe that wonderful time. Isaiah 2:1-5. Psalms 46, 47 and 48, +

Again, no addressing of the biblical evidence. Just personal opinion.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Where in Revelation 20 does it show Christ on earth?
Rev 20 is a continuation of Rev 19, where the glorious Return of Jesus to the earth is Prophesied, Zechariah 14:4 confirms the location of His arrival back to planet earth.
That King Jesus is ruling the world from Jerusalem, is stated in Isaiah 2:1-4, Zechariah 14:16-21, +, and in Revelation 20:6b, where it says the GT martyrs will reign with Him. That place cannot be heaven, where God is supreme.
no addressing of the biblical evidence.
That there WILL be a thousand year period of humans living as God always intended us to live, under a benign King, this is the culmination of Gods Plan and for Him and His people, the Sabbath Day of all Creation. Micah 4:1-8, 2 Timothy 4:1, Psalms 110
Proved by how we are now nearly at 6000 years since Adam.
You have a valid point.
J.
You have an invalid opinion.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20 is a continuation of Rev 19, where the glorious Return of Jesus to the earth is Prophesied, Zechariah 14:4 confirms the location of His arrival back to planet earth.
That King Jesus is ruling the world from Jerusalem, is stated in Isaiah 2:1-4, Zechariah 14:16-21, +, and in Revelation 20:6b, where it says the GT martyrs will reign with Him. That place cannot be heaven, where God is supreme.

Not so! Quite the opposite. That is what you have been taught. But it is wrong. Revelation 19 is the end of the world and the end of the wicked. There are no survivors to populate your supposed future millennium. It is the 6th of 7 parallels. You have to ignore that. You duck around that evidence above. You have to. Revelation 20 takes us right back to the First Advent to Christ’s first resurrection and the releasing of the redeemed from Hades to reign with Christ above and the spiritual chaining of Satan to facilitate the global spread of the Gospel.

You have no corroboration to back that up. Premils typically present Bible references but fail to quote the passages because there is no correlation between texts and Rev 20. They gerrymander Scripture to justify their error.

Isaiah 2 clearly referring to "the last days." When do you believe "the last days" began, when do you believe that they are going to finish? When is the last day and what happens there?

Zechariah 14 does not describe your millennium of bliss. It is a place of conflict and chaos.

That there WILL be a thousand year period of humans living as God always intended us to live, under a benign King, this is the culmination of Gods Plan and for Him and His people, the Sabbath Day of all Creation. Micah 4:1-8, 2 Timothy 4:1, Psalms 110
Proved by how we are now nearly at 6000 years since Adam.

You have an invalid opinion.

This is all your extra-biblical invented reasoning. The Bible nowhere teaches your 7000 years theory. Premils keep shifting the fulfilment of the 6000 years to support their error. You are no different. You make it up as you go. Nowhere in Scripture does it teach

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you accept there were 12 literal disciples or is 12 just a symbolic number? Matthew 10:1.

"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease."

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you accept there were 12 literal disciples or is 12 just a symbolic number? Matthew 10:1.

"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease."
  • When Jesus said He was a door in John 10:9, did that mean He was a wooden door?
  • When He said He was the Vine in John 15:1, did that mean that He was a tree?
  • When He said He was a Lamb in Revelation 13:8, did that mean that He was a literal sheep?
  • When He said He was a Lion in Revelation 5:5, did that mean that He was a literal big cat?
  • When He said He was bread in John 6:35 did that mean that He was a literal food?

Status
Not open for further replies.