9/11....in remembrance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wanted to remember/memorialize the brave passengers and what happened 19 years ago.

Do you remember where you were or what you were doing when the planes flew into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center? I heard about the first plane, and so immediately started to watch TV, so I saw the subsequent tragedies in NYC, Pennsylvania and the Pentagon in DC.

I remember the brave passengers of Flight 93 who fought against the terrorists, so the plane would crash in the Pennsylvania countryside....rather than in Washington DC. Flight 93 crashed near Pittsburgh where I was raised.

There is a beautiful mural in a little chapel at the crash site. The mural shows the planes crashing and the hands of God reaching out to them from the clouds. Couldn't find a photo of the mural to post. My friend sent me photographs of it and the Flight 93 Memorial. She cried upon seeing the mural.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember I was getting ready to go to work at my college and when I saw the TV my heart sank. I got to work (I worked in a computer lab at a college, still work at the college) and my boss told me to find coverage. The only station I could live stream at the time was a news site from Iowa so for the next few hours we watched and saw the towers fall. The memory that breaks my heart is a guy that was in a wheelchair couldn't get down the steps because his wheelchair was awkward so he told everyone to go on. His best friend stayed by his side until they bothed died from the building falling on them.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't the thread for that, please take your crap somewhere else bobby

Thank you. I was just about to say something about it not being appropriate in this remembrance thread.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps we should REMEMBER that this was done BY OUR OWN GOVERNMENT, and although MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE SUFFERED LOSS, so too the sword of Righteousness should fall on those that Perpetrated this CRIME.

Bobby Jo

This is a remembrance thread about 9/11, the lives horribly lost.

Please start your own conspiracy thread, thanks.

Reactions: amadeus

Emily Write

Jul 19, 2021
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was only three years old when 9/11 happened, so I don't remember what I was doing when I took place. My parents told me about it though and said they heard it on the radio and watched on TV while I was playing in another room. They prayed for everyone involved while also still in shock from the horrors of the attack. They tell me it is something they will never forget and that they will always see the news reports in their heads when September 11th comes annually.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grandfather had just died the night before, so I was back in my home town and I had walked into an old childhood friend's house to talk with her mom as she knew my grandfather. I looked up and saw smoke rising from the first tower and asked what had happened. She let me know that a plane had flown into the tower. Neither of us was thinking it was anything nefarious. Then the second plane hit and we both knew that we were being attacked.

I didn't know who to mourn more for, myself and my family or the country?

My girlfriend at the time had an uncle whose main client was atop one of the towers. He lost alot of friends that day and his business never recovered. He died three years later because of the depression that losing his friends and his business had put him in.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a memorial thread. Take your debating somewhere else!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... And because I'm RETIRED, I hope to keep posting and expressing my sympathies all day long, every day, because I have NOTHING to do except consider the plight of those poor victims and their poor families, who deserve undivided and unwavering sympathy for three reasons:

1. The loss of their lives.
2. The impact on their families.
3. ... I'll think of it in a second ...

Bobby Jo

Last edited: