What caused the buildings on 9/11 collapse?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What caused the buildings on 9/11 to collapse?

• Total voters

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On the 11th of September 2001, two planes flew into the twin towers in New York.
They both collapsed along with a smaller building...
There was also another plane that crashed into the pentagon.

Its over 21 years later and alternate theories have circulated... So im wondering... What do people think now...

I will give my opinion later in the thread.
I don't want it to influence anyone and i don't want my opinion to be the topic of conversation either...

So then... In your opinion what caused the buildings on 9/11 to collapse and why?

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The design of high rise buildings enabled the buildings to collapse in the manner in which they did in New York.

What was needed to instigate the start of the collapse was a very hot fire a number of floor levels down from the top of the buildings to overcome the fire protection of the steel structure such that the steel was heated so that its UTS was reduced to levels where the actual stress in the bolts that held the floor levels above, where the planes were lodged, would allow the bolts to fail in shear and the structural steel beams and columns to also fail because of the loads of the floors above the floor where the planes became lodged.

Once the floor bolts sheared, the floors above pancaked the floors below such that the bolts hold the respective floors in position failed under impact shear loads and the shearing of the bolts on each floor as the building collapsed was accompanied with the sound generated by the bolt shearing as experienced in a Sharpie Impact Test when a swinging pendulum with the correct impact energy will shear a specimen test piece such that it fails in shear accompanied with a loud "bang" sound, which, when heard by a person who has never observed a Sharpie Impact Test in person, would attribute the "band" sound to an explosion like a firecracker exploding.

If as you have said, that you have worked in the construction industry, then you would have experienced the above failure and sound as the steel bold and structural member failed.

The dust cloud that followed the build down as it collapsed was the air between each floor level being squeezed out along with the accumulated dust on each floor above the false ceilings and the dust generated as the fire protection concrete crumbled as the floor above stripped the concrete fire insulation off of each column as the floors moved downwards.

The people who designed the 9/11 attacks were very astute people who had an understanding of the design theory of high rise buildings and the design failure mechanisms built into each high rise buildings. The fire insulating concrete was designed for "cool" fires where the fuel load was relatively light when compared to avgas used to power the planes that crashed into the twin towers in New York. The same plan was used for the plane that crashed into the Pentagon Building but because it did not have the same height criteria, it did not collapse/fail in the same manner as the Twin Towers in New York.

Now because of ignorance or a coverup, we have all of these conspiracy theories as to how the Twin Tower buildings collapsed which are only limited by the imaginations of the people who have penned them and not on the facts that get in the way of a not so good story.

Shalom

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The planes, period. I tire of our side always hatching stupid conspiracies. No wonder conservatives are seen the way they are

Reactions: UnrulyBeauty

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've watched the collision and collapse so many times, from many different angles, cameras, filmmakers, and eyewitnesses. I have no tolerance for 9/11 conspiracies. It's one thing to google about it now, it was another to watch it happen live, moment by moment.

Reactions: historyb

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And Building 7?

I should be noted that all of the seven buildings at the World Trade Centre were damages because of the two planes flown into the two towers as well as a number of surrounding tower buildings. All of the damaged buildings within the world trade centre were demolished. The WTC's building had a number of special design considerations when it was constructed which may have added to its vulnerability and subsequent collapse. Any debris that fell from the twin towers could have contributed to tower 7 also collapsing is a similar manner to the twin towers.

Since this event happened nearly 20 years ago and the accounts of the events on the day has been clouded by folk lure and conspiracy theorists mudding the waters, so to speak, real accounts of how the buildings collapsed will require much more study to remove the false data that has been constructed to support the many varied theories on the cause of the building collapses and structural damage caused.

What is important to remember is that the 9/11 event was described in Revelation 16:12-16 as a key trigger to begin the process for the nations and kings of the nations of the earth to assemble at Armageddon with the intent of these nations to go up against Jerusalem for one last tilt before the 2,300 year prophecy in Daniel 8:14 has run it full course to completion. What has happened since the 9/11 attacks on the USA only confirms that the 9/11 attack describes the three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouths of Satan, the beast and the False Prophet, to perform signs and wonders for the kings of the earth to be seen by all of the people of the whole world, to begin drawing the kings towards Armageddon on the mighty day of the Lord when the Kings of the earth will be judged at the same time as the fallen heavenly hosts will be judged in heaven where they will be gathered together for many days to await their time of punishment, but before the end of the next Age the will be released for a little while during which time they will attempt to usurp God one last time before they end up being punished.

But I know that @marks will, with his Pre-trib lens, not believe what I have posted above.

Shalom

PS: - here is an exert from: - World Trade Center (1973–2001) - Wikipedia to consider: -

upload_2021-1-17_13-55-27.png

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The design of high rise buildings enabled the buildings to collapse in the manner in which they did in New York.

What was needed to instigate the start of the collapse was a very hot fire a number of floor levels down from the top of the buildings to overcome the fire protection of the steel structure such that the steel was heated so that its UTS was reduced to levels where the actual stress in the bolts that held the floor levels above, where the planes were lodged, would allow the bolts to fail in shear and the structural steel beams and columns to also fail because of the loads of the floors above the floor where the planes became lodged.

Once the floor bolts sheared, the floors above pancaked the floors below such that the bolts hold the respective floors in position failed under impact shear loads and the shearing of the bolts on each floor as the building collapsed was accompanied with the sound generated by the bolt shearing as experienced in a Sharpie Impact Test when a swinging pendulum with the correct impact energy will shear a specimen test piece such that it fails in shear accompanied with a loud "bang" sound, which, when heard by a person who has never observed a Sharpie Impact Test in person, would attribute the "band" sound to an explosion like a firecracker exploding.

If as you have said, that you have worked in the construction industry, then you would have experienced the above failure and sound as the steel bold and structural member failed.

The dust cloud that followed the build down as it collapsed was the air between each floor level being squeezed out along with the accumulated dust on each floor above the false ceilings and the dust generated as the fire protection concrete crumbled as the floor above stripped the concrete fire insulation off of each column as the floors moved downwards.

The people who designed the 9/11 attacks were very astute people who had an understanding of the design theory of high rise buildings and the design failure mechanisms built into each high rise buildings. The fire insulating concrete was designed for "cool" fires where the fuel load was relatively light when compared to avgas used to power the planes that crashed into the twin towers in New York. The same plan was used for the plane that crashed into the Pentagon Building but because it did not have the same height criteria, it did not collapse/fail in the same manner as the Twin Towers in New York.

Now because of ignorance or a coverup, we have all of these conspiracy theories as to how the Twin Tower buildings collapsed which are only limited by the imaginations of the people who have penned them and not on the facts that get in the way of a not so good story.

Shalom

Exactly correct except for the insulation on the steel beams...there wasn't any that was fireproof. It was for protection against condensation forming and causing water damage. IOW there wasn't any on internal beams of any sort but there was some on external beams... albeit not flame retardant.

And where most of the materials in the building weren't combustible the jet fuel in the airplanes most definitely was.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the 11th of September 2001, two planes flew into the twin towers in New York.
They both collapsed along with a smaller building...
There was also another plane that crashed into the pentagon.

Its over 21 years later and alternate theories have circulated... So im wondering... What do people think now...

I will give my opinion later in the thread.
I don't want it to influence anyone and i don't want my opinion to be the topic of conversation either...

So then... In your opinion what caused the buildings on 9/11 to collapse and why?
The buildings collapsed because they were unstable

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exactly correct except for the insulation on the steel beams...there wasn't any that was fireproof. It was for protection against condensation forming and causing water damage. IOW there wasn't any on internal beams of any sort but there was some on external beams... albeit not flame retardant.

And where most of the materials in the building weren't combustible the jet fuel in the airplanes most definitely was.

I assume by water damage you are suggesting that the water damage, from condensation, would be corrosion which would weaken the structural integrity of the building. The floor trusses are a much lighter member than what a steel beam would have been if it had been used. The trusses were used to reduce the dead load on the building columns.

The spray on covering to protect the trusses from corrosion also acts as a thermal retardant in a fire to slow down the rate of temperature increase of the steel trusses so that there is a safety time provided to evacuate the towers in the case of a fire. The Ultimate Tensile Strength of steel is halved when steel reaches a temperature around 600°C such that the load carrying ability of the steel structure is drastically reduced and failure is the outcome that the trusses will experience.

Any compromised protective covering of the steel trusses is a an area where the UTS of the truss structure will be compromised and the truss will likely fail at. The following link explains impact on the properties of steel at elevated temperatures: - Temperature Effects on Metals Strength (tubingchina.com)

In the fire that resulted from plane fuel, the hottest area of the fire was around the outer shell of the building and the weak points for the building structure are the bolted connection of the floor trusses to the outer skin columns and the higher temperatures because of the available oxygen from the outside of the building would have cause the bolt there to fail from creep initially and since the bolted connections would have been torqued to 80-95% of their UTS, these connections were vulnerable to failure which would have caused the floors to fall unto the floor below.

The energy of the floor above falling onto the floor below would have been enough to cause the bolted floor connections to fail under shear because of the impact loads generated by the floor above falling onto the floor below. As the floors began to fall, the slenderness ration of the outer columns would have rapidly increased and they would have failed due to the buckling of each individual column because of the load of the floors above.

With the impact of falling material from the twin towers landing on the top of building seven, this would have been enough to cause the top level bolted connections to shear and as such, as the top floors began to fail because of the falling debris the pancaking of build 7 also began causing building 7 to also collapse in a similar manner like the two twin towers.

To the "novice" observer with a very limited understanding of structural steel building engineering principles, it is very easy to associate the loud "bangs" of the bolts shearing under the impact of the building floors above it falling onto that floor, as an explosion as the coincidence of the bolts shearing and the building collapsing would have happened at the same time by observation and their conclusion that the building had been rigged will explosive charges to collapse in a similar manner to what they have observed occurring during the deliberate demolition of buildings with explosives that has been shown on television numerous times.

Ignorance is a wonderful means to explain what they believe that they saw during the collapse of the WTC TT on 9/11.

A little like the understanding of many Christians when they read the scriptures, they come to many conclusions like the conspiracy theorists do, many of which are very wrong.

Shalom

Reactions: JohnDB

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of how it was carried out, it was planned at least 20 yrs in advance....

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
i remember when it happened, i heard about it at work and watched the videos when i got home, i really wasnt paying attention but for 6 or more months i just assumed planes hit the buildings, and then they demo the buildings for safety reasons. i will never forget the first time i heard the "official" story and them trying to tell us the buildings fell perfectly and precisely right into their footprint after the planes hit them, i remember thinking, "i must be hearing this wrong" because buildings would never in a million years just fall like that. i remember me and the guys at work, we did construction, and we all thought the same thing.
but then just a bit later we get a heavy dose of homeland security and then it all makes sense.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have an engineering background and have unanswered questions. Iv watched documentaries that present the case for both plane impact and explosives and iv watched documentaries presenting counter arguments to both planes and explosives.

But going by some of the responses, im afraid to give my opinion from fear of being belittled. Even just the first question i have will probably cause a huge uproar and a wave of hate. I can't be stuffed with such abuse so. I think im just gonna shut up...

Civilized discourse is all but gone in this society
I remember a time when people could ask a question in politics, religion, science, history or anything and not get slandered by such hostile belligerence. But this is the world we live in now. This is how it is and anyone with a question is a bat poo, paranoid, tin foil, dog abusing, baby hating, conspiracy theorist unfortunately.:(

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i remember when it happened, i heard about it at work and watched the videos when i got home, i really wasnt paying attention but for 6 or more months i just assumed planes hit the buildings, and then they demo the buildings for safety reasons. i will never forget the first time i heard the "official" story and them trying to tell us the buildings fell perfectly and precisely right into their footprint after the planes hit them, i remember thinking, "i must be hearing this wrong" because buildings would never in a million years just fall like that. i remember me and the guys at work, we did construction, and we all thought the same thing.
but then just a bit later we get a heavy dose of homeland security and then it all makes sense.

Whats homeland security?

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish the raw footage from people on the ground on 9/11 wasn't so hard or impossible to find now. Even the live news reports from close up at the scene are almost impossible to dig up. I remember watching them. I wish I had more to offer than "I remember seeing it with my own eyes".

The physical impact of those skyscrapers falling was astronomical, and almost incomprehensible to us who've never seen anything like it before or since. To act as though nearby buildings (like bldg 7) wouldn't be ravaged to the point of collapse is just ignorance. Many other buildings immediately surrounding Ground Zero were either partially or completely destroyed. The sheer force of the air expulsion and the debris was like a bomb. There was smoke and dust hanging in the air for HOURS afterwards. There was ash falling like snow. There were papers from the towers floating eerily through the silent, dust-covered streets. These weren't small buildings, folks. It was like a mountain collapsing in the middle of Manhattan.

Anyway. It was just an event that is beyond human reckoning, in its destruction and horror.

Reactions: historyb

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Also people tend to immediately think of conspiracy theories if someone mentions explosives...
Is it not possible the terrorist's planted explosives... They did try that in the past, didn't they

But u can't even ask a question it seems. It makes people so angry on the internet.
Im reminded of the first quote in my signature because its not a natural reaction to questions