A Common Error:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a common error for religious preachers/teachers to assume that the Pauline Gospel of Grace should be blended in with what Jesus and the 11 preached. I feel this is a deadly error that will send many to Hell.

Gal 1:8 NKJV
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

It is a fact that God has given humankind different requirements down through history. The Pauline Gospel of salvation by faith in what God did on the cross (His shed blood) is without precedence in the scriptures. When a person fails to see this they will always blend the Law of Moses (what Jesus and the 11 taught to the Jews) with grace and destroy both of them. Paul warned about this in Rom. 2:16 and Rom 16:25.

Rom 2:16 NKJV
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 NKJV
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

It is clear that Jesus Christ, by His own words, did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the promised "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles. The following scriptures support this fact.

Matt 10:5 7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23 24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul said: Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5 7 and Matt 15:23 24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all the promises God made to the Jews that were written about Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8 above.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross. But that purpose was “hidden in God” and revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. (Eph 3:9). The church for this age of grace (the Church of His body) started when Paul preached the gospel of grace that was given to him by Jesus. It is my obligation/burden to try and get people to see this terrible error.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a common error for religious preachers/teachers to assume that the Pauline Gospel of Grace should be blended in with what Jesus and the 11 preached. I feel this is a deadly error that will send many to Hell.
This is absolute nonsense.

HERE IS WHAT JESUS SAID
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25,26)

HERE IS WHAT PAUL SAID

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30,31)

Reactions: Davy

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

It is a fact that God has given humankind different requirements down through history. The Pauline Gospel of salvation by faith in what God did on the cross (His shed blood) is without precedence in the scriptures. When a person fails to see this they will always blend the Law of Moses (what Jesus and the 11 taught to the Jews) with grace and destroy both of them. Paul warned about this in Rom. 2:16 and Rom 16:25.

16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

It is clear that Jesus Christ, by His own words, did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the promised "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles. The following scriptures support this fact.

5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.

23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5 7 and Matt 15:23 24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all the promises God made to the Jews that were written about Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8 above.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross. But that purpose was “hidden in God” and revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. (Eph 3:9). The church for this age of grace (the Church of His body) started when Paul preached the gospel of grace that was given to him by Jesus. It is my obligation/burden to try and get people to see this terrible error.
And what you preach is heresy.

Reactions: Davy and Episkopos

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would be inclined to agree. But it is important to complete the sum difference that Jesus "creates in Himself one new man from the two." Ephesians 2:15

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have started another thread. I am sure some of those that replied to this one will be there too.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Error here is that the Commandments, Ordinances, and handwritings nailed to the Cross, were all the hundreds if not thousands of manmade flaming hoop's, rules and regulations concocted by the false manmade Pharisee Religion of Our Saviors Day!
There is BUT ONE Gospel to the Jew, Hebrew, and Gentile Alike.
As far as the Law of Moses, and what Scripture says about Sin, Sin is the Transgression of any one of these Laws!
In the OT God says that there is only ONE Law for the Native and the Foreigner that dwells among you! Basically the constitution of the Land, and it will be the Constitution of the Kingdom!
If any man break one of the least of these Commandments, and teach others to do likewise, He shall be called Least!!!
But if any Man keeps these Commandments and teaches others to do so, Shall be called great!
Please do not give me any nonsense about this being only to the Hebrew people, one set of commandments for all mankind!!

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The first work every man is commanded to do is believe on Jesus Christ: it is through this faith that one is baptized into the body of Christ. Then being in the body of Christ the old man being dead through baptism: he is then commanded to do the Commandments of Christ. Which is the work of Christ in the body of Christ not in the old man: so that Christ may receive the glory.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The first work every man is commanded to do is believe on Jesus Christ: it is through this faith that one is baptized into the body of Christ. Then being in the body of Christ the old man being dead through baptism: he is then commanded to do the Commandments of Christ. Which is the work of Christ in the body of Christ not in the old man: so that Christ may receive the glory.
Moreover as it is written, let him that boasts boast in this, that he understandeth and knoweth the Lord, that Jesus is the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and good works, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' words aren't valid? We shouldn't listen to the Son of God?

Heb 1:1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;