A God of Hate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people who claim to be "christian" and all they do is write books that hate the bible, or post Threads that accuse God of doing the Devil's work.

There is a member here, (2) actually... for example, and every single Thread they post, is to stick their MIDDLE finger into God's eye., by some accusation, or some slander, or some devious innuendo.

"God is not mocked".
Thank You, Brother, Friend

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly why did God plan to slaughter all of those people? The answer is provided elsewhere in Deuteronomy:

Exactly why did God plan to slaughter all of those people? The answer is provided elsewhere in Deuteronomy:

“When the LORD your God brings you into the land that you are about to enter and occupy and he clears away many nations before you-- the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations more numerous and mightier than you-- and when the LORD your God gives them over to you and you defeat them, then you must utterly destroy them. Make no covenant with them and show them no mercy. Do not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, for that would turn away your children from following me, to serve other gods.”
(Deuteronomy 7:1-4, NRSVue)

I was watching a documentary about Genghis Khan.

Genghis Khan wasn't satisfied with annihilating those he conquered and wiping all trace of them from the earth.

He went so far as to kill their dogs and cats. Razed their cities, libraries and agriculture. Then salted the earth so no crops would grow.

Its an interesting historical event to ponder.

Genghis Khan did what the israelites were commanded to do.

Igorwxi

Aug 12, 2023
Cyprus
Faith
Christian
Country
Uruguay
Прошу помощи ??
Не могу написать в топик.
С уважением.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I was watching a documentary about Genghis Khan.

Genghis Khan wasn't satisfied with annihilating those he conquered and wiping all trace of them from the earth.

He went so far as to kill their dogs and cats. Razed their cities, libraries and agriculture. Then salted the earth so no crops would grow.

Its an interesting historical event to ponder.

Genghis Khan did what the israelites were commanded to do.

Tho the bio of GK is only based on the (somewhat) historical data provided by his enemies, its possible that
GK died of a nose bleed while in a drunken state, in his bed, following a wedding.

Its also possible that His brand new Bride had been previously commissioned (by an arch enemy) perhaps ROMAN.... to poison him on their wedding night.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
hey no speaking in tongues.
Unless an interpretation can be given . . .
Igorwxi said:
Прошу помощи ??
Не могу написать в топик.
С уважением.
It's Russian, which translates into English as follows:
Asking for help ??
I can't write in the topic.
Best regards.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many passages in the Bible that explicitly say that Yahweh, the God of the Bible, is merciful and loving. Here’s an example:

But that’s far from the whole story. The Book of Joshua describes the conquest of the lands promised to the Israelites. Chapter 12 lists 31 kingdoms that were conquered under the leadership of Joshua. But those kingdoms weren’t just conquered. Every one of the kings of those kingdoms was killed. And not only that, but every one of the cities and towns over which those kings ruled was destroyed. And not only that, but all of the men, women, and children who lived in those cities and towns were killed:

God himself actively participated in this slaughter:

Furthermore, God ordered this slaughter:

So God didn’t want the Israelites to intermarry with the people of that region. But if God were actually merciful and loving, was there no other way to prevent the Israelites from intermarrying the indigenous people of the promised lands, or was slaughter the only possible option?

An omniscient God would have known that this problem would arise, and he could have planned for it at the time when he created the sun, the moon, the planets, the stars, the galaxies, and the earth itself. An omnipotent God could have created a force field around the entire region to prevent anyone else from entering. Then, when the Israelites arrived, he could have disabled the force field to let the Israelites enter a region that would have been fertile, lush, and unpopulated.

Or alternatively an omnipotent God could have left the promised lands at the bottom of the Mediterranean sea. Then when the Israelites arrived he could have lifted up the promised lands from the sea floor and the Israelites could have entered a region that would have been pristine, new, and uninhabited.

Or a truly omnipotent God could have lifted up all of the 31 kingdoms to carry them out of the way. If God had done that the inhabitants of that region would have been immensely grateful-- and he would thereby have gotten thousands of new followers as a result. Instead the only new followers he got were Rahab of Jericho and the other members of her whorehouse.

Slaughtering people simply for their beliefs is genocide. Yahweh certainly had plenty of time and opportunity to choose another path. Why didn’t Yahweh choose any of the options listed above? There is only one possible conclusion: Yahweh, the God of the Bible, is a God of genocide, not of love and mercy.
When the lights go out for an Atheist…..the lights are OUT.
If you don’t believe, why exist?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the lights go out for an Atheist…..the lights are OUT.
If you don’t believe, why exist?
Well,really,it isn't like they chose to be born. ;)

The irony is, they're given 1st amendment protection as a religion. Thanks years ago to an atheist prisoner who sued for the right to receive,ready? Atheist literature.
You can't make that stuff up.

Hawkins

Jan 16, 2007
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God literally kills everyone in one way or another, as a duty enforced by Law as a curse brought us by Adam's sin. What God cares is not how we die, it's rather where will our soul go after we die. Saving every possible soul (not bodies) sets the base of God's morality.

The Canaanites are the already dead. It's by their freewill that they chose to enter Canaan and to live there. It's by their freewill that they chose to sin against God, such as with the common practice of children sacrifice for the false gods. The same Canaanites will finally outnumber the Jews and eradicate the Jews if God doesn't do anything, as the devil would stand behind the Canaanites.

Israel is God's planted tree for His salvation to reach today's humans. The Canaanites are eliminated such that the Jews won't be polluted by their religons and ritual practices, subsequently God's salvation can reach today's humans through Israel to maximize the number of souls saved (not a single sheep would be left behind).

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God literally kills everyone in one way or another, as a duty enforced by Law as a curse brought us by Adam's sin. What God cares is not how we die, it's rather where will our soul go after we die. Saving every possible soul (not bodies) sets the base of God's morality.

The Canaanites are the already dead. It's by their freewill that they chose to enter Canaan and to live there. It's by their freewill that they chose to sin against God, such as with the common practice of children sacrifice for the false gods. The same Canaanites will finally outnumber the Jews and eradicate the Jews if God doesn't do anything, as the devil would stand behind the Canaanites.

Israel is God's planted tree for His salvation to reach today's humans. The Canaanites are eliminated such that the Jews won't be polluted by their religons and ritual practices, subsequently God's salvation can reach today's humans through Israel to maximize the number of souls saved (not a single sheep would be left behind).
I think your observation of God is incorrect.

Everything that exists per the scriptures is for God's glory. All of it.
Even the fall.
Remember, Omniscient God created Lucifer. The first sin recorded was when he led the war in Heaven. Which is how sin entered this world through Adam. The first human created by God. The conduit ,link,between flesh and the divine.

Satan is God's servant.He's our adversary, not God's.
Satan leads us to seek God.

Hawkins

Jan 16, 2007
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think your observation of God is incorrect.

Everything that exists per the scriptures is for God's glory. All of it.
Even the fall.
Remember, Omniscient God created Lucifer. The first sin recorded was when he led the war in Heaven. Which is how sin entered this world through Adam. The first human created by God. The conduit ,link,between flesh and the divine.

Satan is God's servant.He's our adversary, not God's.
Satan leads us to seek God.

I think you miss out the big picture completely.

The big picture is,
Adam and Eve (first lineage of humans) fell due to lack of 1) obedience and 2) faith in God and His Word.

Law is a measurement of obedience. The Judgment of Law will be carried out objectively on one's behavior in past. Law deals objectively, that is under valid witnessing, but only 1) the past, and 2) one's behavior. Humans as a whole, due mainly to the influence from the fallen angels (i.e., the effect from the snake to Adam and Eve) failed the test. As a result, no human can enter the Final Heaven (i.e., New Heaven and New Earth) by means of the Judgment of Law which is an evaluation of one's obedience. Either humans as a whole shall be destroyed by a flood, or God needs to provide an alternative to redeem humankind. Needless to say, through the self-sacrifice of Jesus Christ at a certain point of humanity, a series of Covenants are granted by God for the salvation of humankind.

Ultimately, the New Covenant is a measurement of one's faith. Both obedience and faith are the fundamental elements for entities to live in an eternity with a sin-incompatible God. Humans failed the test of obedience while the New Covenant is a test of faith. The purpose is to identify those who can live with such a sin-incompatible God in eternity. That is, it serves as an open standard for the identifying of the righteous/God's sheep/God's Elect.

Faith cannot be judged objectively the same as in the case of Law. The Judgment of Covenant is a subjective judgment from a fair and just God who is Jesus Christ. Only God can judge heart and faith precisely and justly, while the judgment is not limited to one's behavior and one's past.

Satan, he simply happens to be the most evil and the most powerful angels. In a world outside of God's dwelling realm, the most evil and the most powerful will rule at the end naturally. It's not Satan, then it would someone equally evil and powerful as he is. Satan is God's adversary in a sense that he's the leader of the opposing force rebels against God. Satan tried hard to ruin God's plan of building a Heaven with angels and humans and God living together. He first tempted Adam to sin such that all mankind now have to live outside of God's current dwelling realm. he then influence all mankind to sin till Law says that humans together with Earth must be destroyed by the flood in Noah's days. No human can enter Heaven by means of the Judgment of Law (which is applicable to angels as well). If it's not because of Jesus, all mankind could have been wiped out.

Jesus' self-sacrifice makes it possible that humans are judged by means of a series of covenants instead of Law. With Jesus then the hopeless humans are not becoming savable again. Now Satan's tactics is to try to blind all mankind with lies such that the being fooled cannot see the Grace of God. In terms of how Satan being the god of this world and his effort in trying to ruin God's plan, he's referred to as the adversary of God (i.e., God vs. the god of this world).

2 Corinthians 4:4 (NRSV)
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Psalm 110:1 (NRSV)
The LORD says to my lord, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool."

Please try to understand the big picture first, before you put up your arguments. Moreover, this thread is about whether God is a God of hate. I explained very well that He isn't as what sets the base of God's morality is about saving souls. Your reply here is irrelevant.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you miss out the big picture completely.

The big picture is,
Adam and Eve (first lineage of humans) fell due to lack of 1) obedience and 2) faith in God and His Word.

Law is a measurement of obedience. The Judgment of Law will be carried out objectively on one's behavior in past. Law deals objectively, that is under valid witnessing, but only 1) the past, and 2) one's behavior. Humans as a whole, due mainly to the influence from the fallen angels (i.e., the effect from the snake to Adam and Eve) failed the test. As a result, no human can enter the Final Heaven (i.e., New Heaven and New Earth) by means of the Judgment of Law which is an evaluation of one's obedience. Either humans as a whole shall be destroyed by a flood, or God needs to provide an alternative to redeem humankind. Needless to say, through the self-sacrifice of Jesus Christ at a certain point of humanity, a series of Covenants are granted by God for the salvation of humankind.

Ultimately, the New Covenant is a measurement of one's faith. Both obedience and faith are the fundamental elements for entities to live in an eternity with a sin-incompatible God. Humans failed the test of obedience while the New Covenant is a test of faith. The purpose is to identify those who can live with such a sin-incompatible God in eternity. That is, it serves as an open standard for the identifying of the righteous/God's sheep/God's Elect.

Faith cannot be judged objectively the same as in the case of Law. The Judgment of Covenant is a subjective judgment from a fair and just God who is Jesus Christ. Only God can judge heart and faith precisely and justly, while the judgment is not limited to one's behavior and one's past.

Satan, he simply happens to be the most evil and the most powerful angels. In a world outside of God's dwelling realm, the most evil and the most powerful will rule at the end naturally. It's not Satan, then it would someone equally evil and powerful as he is. Satan is God's adversary in a sense that he's the leader of the opposing force rebels against God. Satan tried hard to ruin God's plan of building a Heaven with angels and humans and God living together. He first tempted Adam to sin such that all mankind now have to live outside of God's current dwelling realm. he then influence all mankind to sin till Law says that humans together with Earth must be destroyed by the flood in Noah's days. No human can enter Heaven by means of the Judgment of Law (which is applicable to angels as well). If it's not because of Jesus, all mankind could have been wiped out.

Jesus' self-sacrifice makes it possible that humans are judged by means of a series of covenants instead of Law. With Jesus then the hopeless humans are not becoming savable again. Now Satan's tactics is to try to blind all mankind with lies such that the being fooled cannot see the Grace of God. In terms of how Satan being the god of this world and his effort in trying to ruin God's plan, he's referred to as the adversary of God (i.e., God vs. the god of this world).

2 Corinthians 4:4 (NRSV)
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Psalm 110:1 (NRSV)
The LORD says to my lord, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool."

Please try to understand the big picture first, before you put up your arguments. Moreover, this thread is about whether God is a God of hate. I explained very well that He isn't as what sets the base of God's morality is about saving souls. Your reply here is irrelevant.
Obviously not due to your extensive effort at rebuttal.

Jesus was God.

When you do not know nor accept that, the big picture evaporates.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A couple of years ago, on another forum, a person who self-identified as trinitarian insisted that his God was on a suicide mission. There was no written resistance* to the teaching by other trinitarians, nor was their any support expressed by them for the teaching. Is there any support for the “God was on a suicide mission” teaching on this forum?

A God of hate -> A God of suicide?

* The silence of the others may perhaps be understood as their resistance / objection to the teaching.

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who believes that it is perfectly reasonable to slaughter people purely for their beliefs is a bigot. Renounce your bigotry and apologize.
A righteous God must punish sin. And a righteous God must keep his promises.

Deut 9:4-6
4 After the LORD your God has driven them out before you, do not say to yourself, "The LORD has brought me here to take possession of this land because of my righteousness." No, it is on account of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD is going to drive them out before you. 5 It is not because of your righteousness or your integrity that you are going in to take possession of their land; but on account of the wickedness of these nations, the LORD your God will drive them out before you, to accomplish what he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. 6 Understand, then, that it is not because of your righteousness that the LORD your God is giving you this good land to possess, for you are a stiff-necked people.
NIV

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What sin specifically? The only "sin" mentioned is that they were not followers of Yahweh. Do you think that anyone who refuses to worship Yahweh should be slaughtered?

Maybe you missed an earlier discussion. I said in the following posting that there have been billions and billions of people who have lived on this planet who never once in their lives had any opportunity at all to even hear about Jesus or the Bible or the Ten Commandments or the Crucifixion:

The Messiah

So how will God treat such people on the day of judgment? If belief in Jesus is required to earn eternal life then God has literally set up billions and billions of people to fail in the single most important choice they could possibly make in their lives.

A God who slaughters people simply because they don't believe in him, and who condemns billions to the everlasting fires of hell and damnation just because they don't believe in Jesus is a tyrant. Such a God is not deserving of anyone's worship.

I believe that people should be judged on the basis of their actions and deeds, not on their personal beliefs. I believe the same is true of gods. Huitzilopochtli, the Aztec god of war, required frequent ritual human sacrifice. I refuse to worship such a god because I think human sacrifice is evil. And similarly I refuse to worship a god who behaves as Yahweh has behaved because his actions are those of a tyrant!
"What sin:, you ask? We can start with the first two commandments (Ex 20:3-6). After that, it's ALL downhill. There is no sin that is taboo to a prideful pagan.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of years ago, on another forum, a person who self-identified as trinitarian insisted that his God was on a suicide mission. There was no written resistance* to the teaching by other trinitarians, nor was their any support expressed by them for the teaching. Is there any support for the “God was on a suicide mission” teaching on this forum?

A God of hate -> A God of suicide?

* The silence of the others may perhaps be understood as their resistance / objection to the teaching.
I can see how that would be perceived as such.

God incarnated to die to change the 1st covenant he first created.

A unique perspective for me. I never read someone put that forth before.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly why did God plan to slaughter all of those people?

God didn’t want the Israelites to intermarry with the people of that region. But if God were actually merciful and loving, was there no other way to prevent the Israelites from intermarrying the indigenous people of the promised lands, or was slaughter the only possible option?
There's a little more to it than that. In Genesis, Ham's son Canaan is cursed. For the most part, the people that were marked for extermination in the books that come later are the descendants of Canaan. This seems to be the fulfillment of the curse.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I can see how that would be perceived as such.

God incarnated to die to change the 1st covenant he first created.

A unique perspective for me. I never read someone put that forth before.

He was (and I guess still is) an original thinker. His suicide mission God suffered the second death for others - eternal destruction in the lake of fire - so that those who are (or will be) saved would never have to.

He gave his readers something to think about. His fellows may have thought about it but, if they did, they kept their thoughts to themselves.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God literally kills everyone in one way or another, as a duty enforced by Law as a curse brought us by Adam's sin. What God cares is not how we die, it's rather where will our soul go after we die. Saving every possible soul (not bodies) sets the base of God's morality

Too bad God is not powerful enough to save all of God's own creation, right? If there were such a thing as an all-powerful God of love, that would have been great.

There is another problem with your assessment. There is a difference between God creating creatures that die/ordaining the death of creatures, and God commanding the murder of innocents by creatures that have been commanded by that same God to not-murder.

According the the Hebrew scriptures, God contradicts God's own command not to murder by commanding those so commanded to murder. No amount of exegetical backflips will undue that contradiction.

What do to? If statements in the scriptures contradict what we know of God in Jesus Christ, then they are abrogated/nullified by Jesus Christ. "You have heard it was said...But I say to you." Christ is the primary revelation of God, not the Hebew scriptures, and Christ is the primary key to proper interpretation. Bible worshippers need to wake from their dogmatic slumber.