A most shocking response

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they meant church, small c.
The building, not the Body.
Are we a church?
I've learned a lot on these forums.

No, we are not a church, small c. So while I am flattered that I have inspired yet another thread, this discussion should have never happened to begin with. In a real church, small c, there is no debate forum about doctrine. If you don't like church doctrine, then you get lost and find one you like, real simple. I'm not obligated to play nice with self proclaimed "oracles" blatantly contradicting the word of God on an internet forum.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No, we are not a church, small c. So while I am flattered that I have inspired yet another thread, this discussion should have never happened to begin with. In a real church, small c, there is no debate forum about doctrine. If you don't like church doctrine, then you get lost and find one you like, real simple. I'm not obligated to play nice with self proclaimed "oracles" blatantly contradicting the word of God on an internet forum.
@pia was asking if we are a Church.
That would be the Body of Christ.
Yes, we are the Body.

But I wouldn't say we're a church.
So I agree with you.

Even though we don't all agree on every point, we're still united.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are we a church?

I know that you are soon off to bed before you turn into a pumpkin...but I believe "we"= ALL blood washed Christians ARE His Church. ( His Bride, His Body, His city, all just different uses of the same meaning)
As bbyrd009 is often reminding us...we are lively stones.
God is working on us to smooth out the rough edges, so that at the End.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared 'as a' bride adorned for her husband."
...when ALL the stones come together in Him...we will all fit into the right slot for the City, as the the Temple that Solomon built.
If we check back we will see that no hammer or instrument was used for smoothing the stones on the building site itself...but all work was done before each stone was brought to the building site...that is us now...being made smooth.
I somehow think that some on this site believe it is "their personal calling" to be smoothing the rough edges of us the rest of us!! :D
Some days I come off the site feeling well "worn and sanded." lol

PS, that scripture BTW is found in 1 Kings 6:7 "The house, while it was being built, was built of stone prepared at the quarry, and there was neither hammer nor axe nor any iron tool heard in the house while it was being built."
We are God Body, God House, Temple , Church...all in progress...still in the quarry being perfected...waiting to come together perfectly....later. :)

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not obligated to play nice with self proclaimed "oracles" blatantly contradicting the word of God on an internet forum.

Ha!!...I agree, you have you ever felt obligated to play nice..I agree, you never have, and it shows.
Your one redeeming feature is at least " what you see is what you get. "
You for sure are not shy or retiring...or a shrinking violet.
The things is..as a big, kind ,brother do you never feel to "play nice" with those with a softer skin than yourself?
I have two natural brothers..you remind me of one of them...trouble is all the rest of the extended family see him as a bully and tyrant. Sadly, he was also like that in the pulpit too. He managed to destroy the church, small c...
He prides himself with" just being honest " I told him that having the message of the Lord and delivering that message in the Spirit of the Lord are two different things.
As the old saying goes, more people are won by honey that lemon juice.

Even 'ol 'Stranger' can smile in his posts once in a while. :)

Re my last post above to GodsGrace..I see you as maybe being one of the hammers chipping away at the 'lively stones' here on the Forums. :)

Take care...Helen

Reactions: GodsGrace

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but in deed and in truth.
We cannot do any type on 'deed' as such on a forum...But reading this response I can only conclude, that you have been rather reserved and limited in what you have been reading here...never mind.....I too have stopped reading a bunch of posts from those I have already seen to be intolerant or such....So I guess, I can't blame you there

Reactions: amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are we a church?
Did we not decide not to commune, as we have such opposing views ? I do not come on here to argue with anyone, I simply don't have the time..

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is not filled with saints; it is comprised of the sick Jesus calls us to serve.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How many of those who flocked to see Jesus really wanted a 'spiritual relationship', who really wanted to see a miracle?
Like this bit
Joh 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Joh 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I know that you are soon off to bed before you turn into a pumpkin...but I believe "we"= ALL blood washed Christians ARE His Church. ( His Bride, His Body, His city, all just different uses of the same meaning)
As bbyrd009 is often reminding us...we are lively stones.
God is working on us to smooth out the rough edges, so that at the End.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared 'as a' bride adorned for her husband."
...when ALL the stones come together in Him...we will all fit into the right slot for the City, as the the Temple that Solomon built.
If we check back we will see that no hammer or instrument was used for smoothing the stones on the building site itself...but all work was done before each stone was brought to the building site...that is us now...being made smooth.
I somehow think that some on this site believe it is "their personal calling" to be smoothing the rough edges of us the rest of us!! :D
Some days I come off the site feeling well "worn and sanded." lol

PS, that scripture BTW is found in 1 Kings 6:7 "The house, while it was being built, was built of stone prepared at the quarry, and there was neither hammer nor axe nor any iron tool heard in the house while it was being built."
We are God Body, God House, Temple , Church...all in progress...still in the quarry being perfected...waiting to come together perfectly....later. :)
Great post.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Did we not decide not to commune, as we have such opposing views ? I do not come on here to argue with anyone, I simply don't have the time..
Does this mean I have plenty of time to come here to argue?
Would you say my goal in life is to argue with those here about God?
You don't have to respond to any of my posts, it's your right.
I retain the right to answer to yours.
I like to speak to everyone, not just those who agree with me.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@pia was asking if we are a Church.
That would be the Body of Christ.
Yes, we are the Body.

But I wouldn't say we're a church.
So I agree with you.

Even though we don't all agree on every point, we're still united.

"We're still united".........I have no unity with those claiming I am not saved, implied or otherwise, he knows who he is. This "oracle" may believe himself to be united with God, but he sure as hell ain't united with me. I have nothing in common with their ilk. I have had plenty of run ins with these carnival hucksters the world over. God knows me better than anyone, and he knew I was at that breaking point with such characters.

Ha!!...I agree, you have you ever felt obligated to play nice..I agree, you never have, and it shows.
Your one redeeming feature is at least " what you see is what you get. "
You for sure are not shy or retiring...or a shrinking violet.
The things is..as a big, kind ,brother do you never feel to "play nice" with those with a softer skin than yourself?
I have two natural brothers..you remind me of one of them...trouble is all the rest of the extended family see him as a bully and tyrant. Sadly, he was also like that in the pulpit too. He managed to destroy the church, small c...
He prides himself with" just being honest " I told him that having the message of the Lord and delivering that message in the Spirit of the Lord are two different things.
As the old saying goes, more people are won by honey that lemon juice.

Even 'ol 'Stranger' can smile in his posts once in a while. :)

Re my last post above to GodsGrace..I see you as maybe being one of the hammers chipping away at the 'lively stones' here on the Forums. :)

Take care...Helen

Ok fine, I'll give you a smiling emoticon if that makes you happy I guess. :)

That's right, what you see from me is what you get. I'm not good at pretending, I leave the acting to others. Do I "play nice" with those with "softer skin"? I was under the impression that the creatures I have contended with on this site are anything but soft, being they believe themselves to be "oracles" of God. So what is this, they can dish it but can't take it? They can claim to "know God", yet plainly contradict his every gosh damn word, and not expect to get called out on it? What is this, a damn joke? Sorry about your church, but again, this ain't no church, so it doesn't even apply here.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:19
But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;

Matthew 10:20
for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

Matthew 23:34
Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,

Ephesians 4:11
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

Matthew 12:31
“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Does this mean I have plenty of time to come here to argue?
Would you say my goal in life is to argue with those here about God?
You don't have to respond to any of my posts, it's your right.
I retain the right to answer to yours.
I like to speak to everyone, not just those who agree with me.
ah, coming together right now, huh? :)
upload_2018-3-22_9-54-34.jpeg

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
"We're still united".........I have no unity with those claiming I am not saved, implied or otherwise, he knows who he is. This "oracle" may believe himself to be united with God, but he sure as hell ain't united with me. I have nothing in common with their ilk. I have had plenty of run ins with these carnival hucksters the world over. God knows me better than anyone, and he knew I was at that breaking point with such characters.

Ok fine, I'll give you a smiling emoticon if that makes you happy I guess. :)

That's right, what you see from me is what you get. I'm not good at pretending, I leave the acting to others. Do I "play nice" with those with "softer skin"? I was under the impression that the creatures I have contended with on this site are anything but soft, being they believe themselves to be "oracles" of God. So what is this, they can dish it but can't take it? They can claim to "know God", yet plainly contradict his every gosh damn word, and not expect to get called out on it? What is this, a damn joke? Sorry about your church, but again, this ain't no church, so it doesn't even apply here.
How could you not have unity?
All born again believers are a part of the Body.
Even the ones you don't like right now.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009