Abortion makes Stalin and Hitler look like Amateurs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We get upset about many things, yet Churches and Christians are for the most part, passive or mildly upset about killing babies.

When I was young, my father who was in WWII and I discussed a documentary on Germany and Hitler. I was incensed at the German people that would just say nothing, and go along with Hitler's genocide. We cannot just blame Hitler! The people did not stop it! Few brave people spoke out. A few more secretly opposed it and did what they could. But the vast majority supported genocide, because their conscience was so hardened and seared that they saw nothing wrong with it.., or they said and did nothing out of pathetic cowardice and fear.

People are passionate about the injustices in this world, yet compare that to 1.5 Billion murdered babies! Why is my fury so tempered when it comes to infanticide? Is it because I do not want to admit that by age 45, one third of American women have had an abortion. Am I afraid to offend murderers? Even mass-murderers? Am I, worse than those WWII Germans that disgust me so much? Do I really have a proportionate perspective?

1.5 Billion Children Are Dead – What Is The Appropriate Sentence For Such A Crime?
Very sobering and tragic. Surely God will not wait long to avenge the blood of these innocent ones.

Reactions: Joseph77

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And I repeat, No!! You cannot kill anything that is not alive, or as the Bible says "a living being". And as James says "the body apart from the spirit is dead" James 2:26 )

You cannot kill something that is already dead!!!!

Ok i thought u had misread what i had written.
How about this then... Can we agree that abortion disposes of an unborn child?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok i thought u had misread what i had written.
How about this then... Can we agree that abortion disposes of an unborn child?

No. abortion disposes of an unborn fetus! which was not destined to become a baby or a living being. It has no status under civil law nor God's law.

Abortion was common in Moses' day, and mandatory if a fetus was conceived from an immoral affair.

"But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” Numbers 5:20-22 NIV

Seems that God approves abortion under such circumstances, and He would not approve of something that was a sin.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As soon as the sperm and egg meet, those two biological things make what the bible calls a seed, which is interesting because this correlates to the seed of a plant which is living. It's alive. In the case of a human, the spirit is imparted at conception. And unborn child can do works through the parent, and can be marked off for service to God, therefore it is an individual. The zygote all the way to the fetus simply needs to be in the mother for nourishment until it is capable of living as an independent being (as opposed to a dependent being). At this point it is call "birth". It is not any sort of mere biological mass or something that is dead. Scientific and biblical fact. So if one aborts an unborn child, they are killing it.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The zygote all the way to the fetus simply needs to be in the mother for nourishment until it is capable of living as an independent being (as opposed to a dependent being). At this point it is call "birth". It is not any sort of mere biological mass or something that is dead. Scientific and biblical fact. So if one aborts an unborn child, they are killing it.

Saying that aborting an unborn child is killing it, merely demonstrates your illiteracy of the English language and the Bible. You are saying that you can actually kill a dead thing that has never been alive.

But God says in Scripture that "the body apart from the spirit is dead" James 2:26

So, do tell us how you go about killing something that is dead!!! Duh!!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone calls killing a baby who is living , even in the womb,
okay,
how long will God permit such perversity and such an abomination ?!

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Prayer Warrior, post: 795970, member: 7965"]Very sobering and tragic. Surely God will not wait long to avenge the blood of these innocent ones.[/QUOTE

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying that aborting an unborn child is killing it, merely demonstrates your illiteracy of the English language and the Bible. You are saying that you can actually kill a dead thing that has never been alive.

But God says in Scripture that "the body apart from the spirit is dead" James 2:26

So, do tell us how you go about killing something that is dead!!! Duh!!

Because it's not dead and you are misquoting the bible. Your whole argument will fall when you see the child is not dead. It also falls apart when you see there is a spirit in the child. So yes, again I say it is killing it.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We get upset about many things, yet Churches and Christians are for the most part, passive or mildly upset about killing babies.

When I was young, my father who was in WWII and I discussed a documentary on Germany and Hitler. I was incensed at the German people that would just say nothing, and go along with Hitler's genocide. We cannot just blame Hitler! The people did not stop it! Few brave people spoke out. A few more secretly opposed it and did what they could. But the vast majority supported genocide, because their conscience was so hardened and seared that they saw nothing wrong with it.., or they said and did nothing out of pathetic cowardice and fear.

People are passionate about the injustices in this world, yet compare that to 1.5 Billion murdered babies! Why is my fury so tempered when it comes to infanticide? Is it because I do not want to admit that by age 45, one third of American women have had an abortion. Am I afraid to offend murderers? Even mass-murderers? Am I, worse than those WWII Germans that disgust me so much? Do I really have a proportionate perspective?

1.5 Billion Children Are Dead – What Is The Appropriate Sentence For Such A Crime?

The thing is maybe this is one reason our nation and others are being judged so with all this going on. God wants us to come back to Him so he's stirring people up for repentance. But do people repent? No. It's life as normal. In NY they considered abortion clinics "essential" while supposedly all these people were dying of COVID-19 and they shut churches down. I quipped that they killed more babies in the month than the virus did. And it gets worse all the way up to "late term" even babies that a ready to be born or in some cases even born. The idol Molech is alive and well, and unless we stop this needless killing, I dread this judgement will get only worse. The end times are coming.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because it's not dead and you are misquoting the bible. Your whole argument will fall when you see the child is not dead. It also falls apart when you see there is a spirit in the child. So yes, again I say it is killing it.

Well . . there is the Bible, and then there is you, who disagrees with the Bible. No big deal! False teachers, and God and Bible haters like you are an insignificant dime a dozen.

The Bible says that someone only becomes a living being when God breathes into its nostrils the breath of life. Genesis 2:7 and what you believe is of no significance.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well . . there is the Bible, and then there is you, who disagrees with the Bible. No big deal! False teachers, and God and Bible haters like you are an insignificant dime a dozen.

The Bible says that someone only becomes a living being when God breathes into its nostrils the breath of life. Genesis 2:7 and what you believe is of no significance.

Interesting you make an ad hominem attack when you don't even know me and how much I love the Bible and the Lord because you have nothing else to resort to (reminds me of politics these days but that's another subject). I am not attacking you personally. OK, then explain to the people here on this board how Jesus in the womb of Mary was dead when it was the Holy Spirit that came upon her, i.e. the Spirit of life, not death? Also explain how something can be dead unless it's alive first? So if the baby in the womb is dead, then when was it alive first? In addition, James quote is in the context of a person who has departed is dead, i.e. had life and then the spirit left. Also, with Adam God breathed into him and he became a living soul. So how does that apply to babies who are not made that way? This is why the Jewish perspective believes that the spiritual component of the person comes from the father, and the physical from the mother. I agree with that. I can quote the bible too, it says that Judas hung himself. Jesus said "Go and do likewise".

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also, with Adam God breathed into him and he became a living soul. So how does that apply to babies who are not made that way?

You have obviously never read the Bible. We are ALL made that way!!

We are ALL are made from dust, and when our body dies, "Man's body returns to the dust from whence it came; And the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7 All the elements within the human body are found in the earth. Our body is just dirt!
And God was still making people from clay in Job's time, and he goes on to confirm saying:

“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of the clay."
“The Spirit of God has made me,

"the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33

Whatever gave you the notion that God creates us in any other way?????

"Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the breath of God is in my nostrils" Job 27

Should He gather to Himself His spirit and His breath, All flesh would perish together, And man would return to dust." Job 34:14-15

This is just elementary junior Sunday School stuff.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have obviously never read the Bible. We are ALL made that way!!

We are ALL are made from dust, and when our body dies, "Man's body returns to the dust from whence it came; And the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7 All the elements within the human body are found in the earth. Our body is just dirt!
And God was still making people from clay in Job's time, and he goes on to confirm saying:

“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of the clay."
“The Spirit of God has made me,

"the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33

Whatever gave you the notion that God creates us in any other way?????

"Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the breath of God is in my nostrils" Job 27

Should He gather to Himself His spirit and His breath, All flesh would perish together, And man would return to dust." Job 34:14-15

This is just elementary junior Sunday School stuff.
I don't disagree with this scripture, but this does not logically support your view, nor did you answer the questions. You totally dodged them. As a matter of fact, an objective view of what you quoted only shows that there's life in the womb, too. Now revisit those questions and try again. Another logical fallacy you have is that I "obviously never read the bible". So for another question answer to everyone out there how you know that when in fact, I read it through too many times to count, and even learned to read and write Hebrew and increasing my vocabulary? I just thought I'd present real facts.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. abortion disposes of an unborn fetus! which was not destined to become a baby or a living being. It has no status under civil law nor God's law.

Abortion was common in Moses' day, and mandatory if a fetus was conceived from an immoral affair.

"But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” Numbers 5:20-22 NIV

Seems that God approves abortion under such circumstances, and He would not approve of something that was a sin.

According to the definition that you provided, a fetus is an unborn human
Oxford Dictionary: "fetus", i.e. 'An unborn or unhatched offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human more than eight weeks after conception.

So if we follow this definition the disposal of a fetus is the disposal of an unborn human. That is impossible to deny given this definition.
But regardless on how you define abortion it doesn't look like you will agree on anything despite my efforts to find common ground.

95% of Christians say abortion is wrong. There's plenty of wrong things that aren't in the bible, that's one reason why sola scripture is flawed.
Another fault with sola scripture is the tendency for people to subjectively interpret it. So for me as a Catholic, I refer to the Catechism...;)

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

95% of Christians say abortion is wrong. There's plenty of wrong things that aren't in the bible, that's one reason why sola scripture is flawed.
Another fault with sola scripture is the tendency for people to subjectively interpret it. So for me as a Catholic, I refer to the Catechism...;)

I am not concerned with how many Christians consider abortion to be wrong, I am only concerned with what Sola Scriptura says. That's enough to deal with over one lifetime without getting into catechisms and all that sort of stuff.

Considering the most trivial of laws God included in the Bible, the fact that abortion wasn't important enough to mention, says it all for me. The fact that He even demands abortion in the law, places the issue in proper perspective.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He even demands abortion in the law

First u say that abortion isn't mentioned in the Bible, then u say that God demands abortion... LoL which one is it mate

I think u have either been involved in an abortion or know someone close that has been involved in abortion which is causing you to interpret scripture subjectively and make such contradictions

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes , the enemy often uses a guilty conscience, the same way it uses the abominable confessional to have power over souls... unless some way in Grace, God provides a way of escape from that power and forgiveness for the sin of murder. (after sorrow and grief , Godly Sorrow, and Godly Repentance, as written) ...

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First u say that abortion isn't mentioned in the Bible, then u say that God demands abortion... LoL which one is it mate

I think u have either been involved in an abortion or know someone close that has been involved in abortion which is causing you to interpret scripture subjectively and make such contradictions

Okay, the intention was that nowhere in the law is abortion forbidden.

I never really thought about abortion at all until about 3 years ago, a participant in our local online Bible Study group broached the subject. That's when I first realized that the apologetics they were submitting were largely unBiblical. So I researched the subject and could find no place in Scripture that declared "Thou shalt not have an abortion."

And then I found that the Law demanded an abortion for anyone who had conceived from an immoral relationship.

And here is a riddle for you. God wiped out an entire tribe of Israel via abortion. Which tribe did He exterminate??

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As soon as the sperm and egg meet, those two biological things make what the bible calls a seed, which is interesting because this correlates to the seed of a plant which is living. .

Interesting!! My Bible says no such thing. It talks about the seed of Adam, the seed to Abraham, and the seed of David, but I have never seen any eggs in the mix.

Can you quote the passage of Scripture that says this, or are you writing your own bible??