All Sin Has Been Paid For - The World was buried with Him.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I I don’t believe what you are saying as true.

Get this...

To teach that there is no judgement, is to try to prove that no one goes to hell, in '2022.
This particular cult, is called "no hellers", and is related to the deception that is "Universalism".
Also, you say you dont believe that John livef past AD70?
Or you dont believe that John was a part of the "bride of Christ". ???

See, you are telling people here that Jesus came for the Bride, 20 yrs, obo, before John on EARTH =wrote The Revelation.
And members here, watch us closely, and they have seen that you have no defense for this, or even want to try to respond to it with your odd theology.
The best you can do is try to pretend that you are being attacked, but love me.
Thats not going to work out for you, MatthewG.
Its a fail.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes faithless people may have a hard time forgiving. Eye for an eye tooth for a tooth. Christians will forgive. You right about that it is true. It does say God will not forgive them, that would be a good thing to bring up maybe to someone when they are made and angry to forgive others but they may not but that doesn’t mean later down the road they won’t come to God and repent. People come to God at different times of life and we are suppose to pray for all people @devin553344

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get this...

To teach that there is no judgement, is to try to prove that no one goes to hell, in '2022.
This particular cult, is called "no hellers", and is related to the deception that is "Universalism".
Also, you say you dont believe that John livef past AD70?
Or you dont believe that John was a part of the "bride of Christ". ???

See, you are telling people here that Jesus came for the Bride, 20 yrs, obo, before John on EARTH =wrote The Revelation.
And members here, watch us closely, and they have seen that you have no defense for this, or even want to try to respond to it with your odd theology.
The best you can do is try to pretend that you are being attacked, but love me.
Thats not going to work out for you, MatthewG.
Its a fail.

My brother where have I spoken to say that there is no judgment. All of us are responsible before God and one day be judged, for the good and bad that has been done, right?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes faithless people may have a hard time forgiving. Eye for an eye tooth for a tooth. Christians will forgive. You right about that it is true. It does say God will not forgive them, that would be a good thing to bring up maybe to someone when they are made and angry to forgive others but they may not but that doesn’t mean later down the road they won’t come to God and repent. People come to God at different times of life and we are suppose to pray for all people @devin553344
Can you think of other reasons why God might not forgive someone? Like Blasphemy or not giving to the poor or adultry, etc? Then I think it's good that we don't tell people their sins are forgiven. Perhaps we just say we forgive them and preach the good news gospel with the warning part also.

Reactions: BarneyFife

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you think of other reasons why God might not forgive someone? Like Blasphemy or not giving to the poor or adultry, etc? Then I think it's good that we don't tell people their sins are forgiven. Perhaps we just say we forgive them and preach the good news gospel with the warning part also.

We should share the gospel with them, but they will come to find out their sins have been forgiven you have made a very good point, and I thank you for it. (Jesus paid for sin for all I can’t get around that).

What is the warning exactly?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be good to understand that those who come to faith start to change from their former old ways if they continue to press forward to Christ?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus indeed is the Saviour of the whole world ESPECIALLY those who believe.

But you are going too far the other way.
The truth is held in a proper balance.

There are actually 4 possible destinies...read Rev. 22:11 These possibilities are covered in many places in the Bible. Jesus alludes to these in the parable of the sower...with 4 kinds of soil.

A universalist makes a different error than conservative believers who also only see 2 destinies...they call heaven and hell. (actually neither of those are eternal destinies.) Rather than looking at what the Bible says, men have made traditions that limit us to 2 possibilities. A universalist only sees 2 possibilities...the saved and the glorified.

So then all of the above is based on half truths.

Jesus overcame the world...not just to forgive everyone but to give us the means to also overcome as He did. And we will each be judged by what we have done with what we have been given. For those who have done what is right...they will inherit eternal life. For those who walked in resurrection life...eternal glory.

There are 2 resurrections each having a good and bad outcome. There is life and death and blessing and cursing.

I leave you to do more study. Remember the wages of sin is death and the unrighteous do NOT inherit life. And the fear of the Lord is still the beginning of wisdom.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should share the gospel with them, but they will come to find out their sins have been forgiven you have made a very good point, and I thank you for it. (Jesus paid for sin for all I can’t get around that).

What is the warning exactly?
Thanks MatthewG you are loved! I don't think you are a deceiver. The good news is the best part of the gospel. When we teach the warning part it is important to let people know that God is merciful to those that believe. And we should provide works meet for repentance, like helping the poor. If you are poor (like me) than it's good to ask for help. There are a few warning areas, but the main ones that spell out specific sins that we should avoid are here and notice it is presented the good news for those that are charitable in good works with the bad news for those that are selfish in sin:

Matthew 25:31-46

New International Version

The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Revelation 21:6-8

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Scott,

You may believe how you will. In that day in age they needed to be saved from the wrath that was going to fall upon the nation of Israel that was who he was talking to, all throughout his ministry mainly he preached the the lost sheep of Israel. Thank you for sharing your viewpoints.

According to Hebrew 10 Jesus paid for all sin once on the cross, some believe it some do not.
Hebrews 10, How so?

v39, 'perdition' is hellfire and torments, not salvation.
v39 'we are of those who believe to the saving of the soul', excludes those who do not believe, they draw back to perdition (hellfire), is where they end up.

37 “For yet a little while,
And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”

39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
per·di·tion
[pərˈdiSHən]
NOUN
(in Christian theology) a state of eternal punishment and damnation into which a sinful and unpenitent person passes after death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks MatthewG you are loved! I don't think you are a deceiver. The good news is the best part of the gospel. When we teach the warning part it is important to let people know that God is merciful to those that believe. And we should provide works meet for repentance, like helping the poor. If you are poor (like me) than it's good to ask for help. There are a few warning areas, but the main ones that spell out specific sins that we should avoid are here and notice it is presented the good news for those that are charitable in good works with the bad news for those that are selfish in sin:

Matthew 25:31-46

The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Revelation 21:6-8

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The thing is that all pertains to the nation of Israel.

What are trespassing? Wasn’t it a warning to not get involved with the Pharisees?

They where they one who trespassed by killing the Son of God…

The wrath of God was going to be pour out on Israel… so his wrath is not abiding on individuals.

Teaching is good, but you wont be able to teach throughly on a website like this, it takes a verse by verse study.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10, How so?

v39, 'perdition' is hellfire and torments, not salvation.
v39 'we are of those who believe to the saving of the soul', excludes those who do not believe, they draw back to perdition (hellfire), is where they end up.

37 “For yet a little while,
And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”

39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

This was a letter written to the Hebrews. Which we are not. Not to say that the lessons are not valuable but not everything pertains to us.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus indeed is the Saviour of the whole world ESPECIALLY those who believe.

But you are going too far the other way.
The truth is held in a proper balance.

There are actually 4 possible destinies...read Rev. 22:11 These possibilities are covered in many places in the Bible. Jesus alludes to these in the parable of the sower...with 4 kinds of soil.

A universalist makes a different error than conservative believers who also only see 2 destinies...they call heaven and hell. (actually neither of those are eternal destinies.) Rather than looking at what the Bible says, men have made traditions that limit us to 2 possibilities. A universalist only sees 2 possibilities...the saved and the glorified.

So then all of the above is based on half truths.

Jesus overcame the world...not just to forgive everyone but to give us the means to also overcome as He did. And we will each be judged by what we have done with what we have been given. For those who have done what is right...they will inherit eternal life. For those who walked in resurrection life...eternal glory.

There are 2 resurrections each having a good and bad outcome. There is life and death and blessing and cursing.

I leave you to do more study. Remember the wages of sin is death and the unrighteous do NOT inherit life. And the fear of the Lord is still the beginning of wisdom.

Jesus paid for the wages of Sin, it caused a person who could have lived forever on earth to die. He took on the wages.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos im not a universalist in the sense everyone is going to be in the kingdom of Heaven…

There will be those outside the gate, and those who go inside the gate due to faith into the Son.

I am a universalist in a sense of Jesus atonement for the world, as God through Christ reconciled the world unto himself. The sin was paid for by Christ… for all people. That is simply a given.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Otherwise we may as well just throw out what John said in Revelation 22:14-15.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people read the first post they will see

The progression from a non believer to a believer being a child of God to becoming a son or daughter of God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is that all pertains to the nation of Israel.

What are trespassing? Wasn’t it a warning to not get involved with the Pharisees?

They where they one who trespassed by killing the Son of God…

The wrath of God was going to be pour out on Israel… so his wrath is not abiding on individuals.

Teaching is good, but you wont be able to teach throughly on a website like this, it takes a verse by verse study.
Well the good news and warnings I quoted are for those that desire to follow Christ and for the unrepentant whether they believe or not. Not that God won't have mercy on people cause he might. But the good news and warnings are there to teach us what to do and what to not do. They are not just for the Pharisees. They are for everyone. Note the following verse:

Hebrews 6:4-6
  1. 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

2. 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

3. 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the good news and warnings I quoted are for those that desire to follow Christ and for the unrepentant whether they believe or not. Not that God won't have mercy on people cause he might. But the good news and warnings are there to teach us what to do and what to not do. They are not just for the Pharisees. They are for everyone. Note the following verse:

Hebrews 6:4-6
  1. 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

2. 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

3. 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Thank you for your chatting and consideration.

I believe I have had enough charting for this time now.

I believe personally for all to see studying the Bible is a good thing, and the most beneficial way to do a Bible study is verse by verse and gathering up as much evidences for each verse as you go along with the Bible.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your chatting and consideration.

I believe I have had enough charting for this time now.

I believe personally for all to see studying the Bible is a good thing, and the most beneficial way to do a Bible study is verse by verse and gathering up as much evidences for each verse as you go along with the Bible.
Good talking with you @MatthewG. God loves us.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos im not a universalist in the sense everyone is going to be in the kingdom of Heaven…

There will be those outside the gate, and those who go inside the gate due to faith into the Son.

I am a universalist in a sense of Jesus atonement for the world, as God through Christ reconciled the world unto himself. The sin was paid for by Christ… for all people. That is simply a given.

And that is mainly true. However the sermon on the mount holds true. Be careful not to misunderstand one aspect of the truth because of the other.

The righteous are scarcely saved and the saints are abundantly saved. The wicked perish and the hypocrites wander in eternal darkness.

God decides who is redeemed from this world. Not everyone is redeemed although the sacrifice of Christ has no numerical limit. If we declare everyone redeemed that is taking things way too far. Even among the righteous there is a need for repentance, humility and the fear of the Lord. Because you see more than one level among the saved (which most people don't) doesn't mean that there is not also more than one level among the lost.

Balance.

Reactions: faithfulness