ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I said Jesus rose in the resurrection bodily, but ascended in spirit - the only thing He committed to the Father.

So, yes...He ate, had nail holes, etc., but did not deliver meat to the Father...He laid it down...and left.
You mean...that evil lawyer's eye, trying to trap me?

I meant what I said, "God with us."
I'm not trying to be "evil".
I am merely trying to figure out your belief system.

Do you believe that Jesus is God - the 2nd Person of the Trinity?
It's an honest and fair question.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I said Jesus rose in the resurrection bodily, but ascended in spirit - the only thing He committed to the Father.

So, yes...He ate, had nail holes, etc., but did not deliver meat to the Father...He laid it down...and left.
Can you show me where Scripture tells is this?
If not - can you tell me where you got this idea?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, you're part of that disjointed mess.
No...I am not.
Jesus didn't lie when He promised that His Church would NOT succumb to the gates of Hell (Matt. 16:18). It's been here for 2000 years and going strong. It didn't come into being when YOU were born.

Apparently - YOU thought He was joking . . .
No, Jesus did not lie. But your definition of His Church is in error. His church is "in heaven", the "firstborn of the spirit", and you speak of the world, which is passing away.

Yes, that 2000 year delay...is on your lot. But don't thank me, thank Michael. You didn't put me out, you put him out.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be "evil".
I am merely trying to figure out your belief system.

Do you believe that Jesus is God - the 2nd Person of the Trinity?
It's an honest and fair question.
To say that I "believe" Jesus is God, would be wrong. I know it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I am not.
Well, we won't know until you answer post #242 . . .
No, Jesus did not lie. But your definition of His Church is in error. His church is "in heaven", the "firstborn of the spirit", and you speak of the world, which is passing away.

Yes, that 2000 year delay...is on your lot. But don't thank me, thank Michael. You didn't put me out, you put him out.
Yes, PART of the Church is in Heaven. They are those who have gone before us and have been made perfect in Christ, referred to as the Church Triumphant.
However, Scripture shows us that the Church is indeed on earth:

1 Tim. 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To say that I "believe" Jesus is God, would be wrong. I know it.
Okay - the wording of your phrase regarding "God in Jesus" threw me off.
So, you believe - or know - that He is the 2nd Person of the Trinity?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me where Scripture tells is this?
If not - can you tell me where you got this idea?
I have been telling you all along: "God is spirit." “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’ "I go to the Father." "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God." "Resurrection" and "ascension" are not the same. This is the word of God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been telling you all along: "God is spirit." “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’ "I go to the Father." "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God." "Resurrection" and "ascension" are not the same. This is the word of God.

First of all - in 1 Cor. 15, Paul is saying that the CORRUPTIBLE flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God - and this is correct.
Jesus's GLORIFIED body, however, was not corruptible - and neither will OUR glorified bodies in Heaven.
Secondly - I never said that ascension and resurrection were the same thing.

Resurrection is to rise up from death..
Ascension is to rise up up into the AIR.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I am not.

The church is here. Yes the earth IS passing away but has not YET, hence, we are all chit chatting. Many of His church are in heaven but much of us for our era are STILL here. When heaven and earth pass away to make way for a new heaven and new earth, YES, I would say it is a wrap! Heaven and earth shall pass away, meaning this heaven and earth as we know it ("But My Words shall not pass away"). Those who speak HIS words become as eternal as the Master.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, PART of the Church is in Heaven. They are those who have gone before us and have been made perfect in Christ, referred to as the Church Triumphant.
However, Scripture shows us that the Church is indeed on earth:

1 Tim. 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
Let's see how you like your own medicine:

You must be calling Paul a liar then! Because he also said that "it is not he who lives, but Christ who lives in him" - that Christ who ascended into heaven, "the first born of the spirit."

But, I will also answer: Indeed, life is in God, whom is spirit, and yes, this is the foundation and the pillar of truth and of the church - that you missed.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - in 1 Cor. 15, Paul is saying that the CORRUPTIBLE flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God - and this is correct.
Jesus's GLORIFIED body, however, was not corruptible - and neither will OUR glorified bodies in Heaven.
Secondly - I never said that ascension and resurrection were the same thing.

Resurrection is to rise up from death..
Ascension is to rise up up into the AIR.
  1. Show us your biblical evidence of Jesus' "glorified body." Where is that written? Where can that be found in the scriptures?
  2. Jumbling things Jesus did after His resurrection but before His ascension, with that of His ascension, is exactly what you have done for the longest time...as if they were the same, and as much as claiming that flesh inherits the kingdom of God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is here. Yes the earth IS passing away but has not YET, hence, we are all chit chatting. Many of His church are in heaven but much of us for our era are STILL here. When heaven and earth pass away to make way for a new heaven and new earth, YES, I would say it is a wrap! Heaven and earth shall pass away, meaning this heaven and earth as we know it ("But My Words shall not pass away"). Those who speak HIS words become as eternal as the Master.
This is your understanding, as it is with most Christians, for which it is written: "Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together"

But that understanding is not accurate. Christ, nor His kingdom, are of this world. If we are "in Christ" we too are not of this world: "old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." Therefore, it is correct to say that, "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." And if it is not we, but Christ who is in the world, then not only are we raised up with Him, but also ascended - as He said from heaven, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."

By this, we should know that He has come, not only in the flesh, but also [again the second time] in spirit. But, having only committed His spirit to the Father - no glory comes to the flesh. This is His reign upon the earth in which we take part. Nonetheless, the flesh profits nothing, which is to say, that the church which profits "some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty"...is not flesh.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Spoken by a guy who has invented a different Christ than the one of Scripture . . .
I have 10 on ignore so half the time I don't know who you are replying to. You have more patience than I do. Giving psychotherapy in a forum is impossible.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have 10 on ignore so half the time I don't know who you are replying to. You have more patience than I do. Giving psychotherapy in a forum is impossible.
Well, I DO feel like I'm talking to a wall most of the time - but I respond anyway in case there are visitors here looking for the truth who might get seduced by their lies.

Some of these people have invented a completely different Jesus than the Jesus of Scripture and Christianity . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see how you like your own medicine:

You must be calling Paul a liar then! Because he also said that "it is not he who lives, but Christ who lives in him" - that Christ who ascended into heaven, "the first born of the spirit."

But, I will also answer: Indeed, life is in God, whom is spirit, and yes, this is the foundation and the pillar of truth and of the church - that you missed.
Our spirit is renewed and our souls reborn through Jesus - but we're STILL human.
Christians are IN the flesh - but we are no longer OF the flesh. We are IN the world but no longer OF the world.

The Pillar and foundation of Truth is Christ's Church - as we read in Eph. 1:22-23.