ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, you didnt read the part of the post that stated the existence of Absolute Truth.
When Scripture plainly and clearly teaches something and a person denies it and that is not an opinion but an error.
If it is night and I claim that it is day - I am wrong. It's a denial not an opinion.

Scripture teaches us that Jesus ascended to the Father BODILY. Jesus ate with His Apostles after the Resurrection. He showed them the nail marks in his hands and feet and the wound in his side.

When ScottA denies this - it's not just an opinion - but a gross error.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now you add "false witness" to your list of offenses. But that is nothing new.
It's not "false witness" to observe that you've invented a different Christ than the one of Scripture.
When you deny His Bodily Ascension - you reject a basic tenet of the Christian faith.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ummmm, I'm not forcing my "opinion" on anybody - and everything I do here is for God's glory.
I merely told YOU that you were wrong about us not needing teachers. Scripture clearly tells us that we do - and you keep rejecting this idea.

The bottom line here is: If you don't want me to address you - then STOP responding to my posts.
It's really that simple . . .
This thread since I came here is not about teachers its was for me always about they way you are speaking to one and other.
If it was that simple you would have honoured me as a brother when I asked you to stop. Any time I responded to your post it was because you are twisting what I said every time. And you are forcing your opinions on me and everyone else. I dont really read all the scriptures you posted. I am reading mostling the bare English in your posts. and looking at how you and many others are not representing Christ in love. Do a study on love. Love does not do what you are doing here/ You are indeed bombarding /forcing your opinions on everyone who says a word.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't even responding to YOU - I was conversing with ScottA - so, you might want to simply butt out of our conversation if you don't like it.

Besides - I'm not even sure if Scott A and I are "brothers in Christ" anyway because he seems to have invented a different Christ than the Christ of Scripture and Christianity.
You are preaching to me. That you are supposed to correct the people who err/lie or comunicate anything you dont agree with. So now you telling me to butt out . That I cant do such a thing. but only you have the devine teaching and ability to correct others. So when I point out your error you tell me to but out. You have a one sided bible. and it looks like you are the only one who knows what it means . and now you want to try and teach someone you say might not know Christ. well you are now sitting in judgement as Scott A is clearly a believer in Jesus. But you are now stripping that away. where do you get this authority? You like us are no mere mortal. I never realised. I dont even know if I am allowed to call you a brother or would that also offend you. This is turning in to a pig sty. and you are one of the main instigators in it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot generate truth only opinion. Only God can generate truth.

We can give our opinion regarding Gods Truth, but it will vary, from person to person
Hi Aspen,

Your statement sounds like you believe in moral relativism. Do you?

How does God reveal The Truth to us?

IHS....Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are preaching to me. That you are supposed to correct the people who err/lie or comunicate anything you dont agree with. So now you telling me to butt out . That I cant do such a thing. but only you have the devine teaching and ability to correct others. So when I point out your error you tell me to but out. You have a one sided bible. and it looks like you are the only one who knows what it means . and now you want to try and teach someone you say might not know Christ. well you are now sitting in judgement as Scott A is clearly a believer in Jesus. But you are now stripping that away. where do you get this authority? You like us are no mere mortal. I never realised. I dont even know if I am allowed to call you a brother or would that also offend you. This is turning in to a pig sty. and you are one of the main instigators in it.
No - if this place is a pig sty - the "instigators", as you call them are those who LIE.
Let's start with the lies the YOU just told:

I never "told" you to butt out. I suggested it because you keep complaining about my conversations with others.
So, YOU bore false witness against me.

Secondly, I never sat in "judgement" of Scott A. I judged his position - NOT the man. We are supposed to judge a person's fruits (Matt. 7:15-20).
Again - YOU bore false witness against me.

Finally - a "brother in Christ" is another Christian - not just another person.
Whereas, I may be a neighbor and a friend of a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon or a non-Trinitarian - I cannot be their "brother" in Christ because they have invented a completely different Christ than the Christ of the Bible and of Christianity. They must be IN Christ to be a brother in Christ.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Scripture plainly and clearly teaches something and a person denies it and that is not an opinion but an error.
If it is night and I claim that it is day - I am wrong. It's a denial not an opinion.

Scripture teaches us that Jesus ascended to the Father BODILY. Jesus ate with His Apostles after the Resurrection. He showed them the nail marks in his hands and feet and the wound in his side.

When ScottA denies this - it's not just an opinion - but a gross error.
If you were honest, you would acknowledge that "all language" (including the scriptures) was "confounded" by God, and that "the scriptures must be discerned spiritually." Meaning, that there remains One Truth among many errors which are based on many things. If you actually knew the scriptures you would know this.

But in your case, you can only quote the written (and confounded) word, while arguing and attacking one who has told you that he is not speculating an opinion, but "knows" the truth from God by the very means which He Himself has declared. Which is just you not believing.

And you know very well that all you are doing is quoting what you have read which has been confounded, and are following the interpretations of men, which are not infallible. Which is not new among those who have rejected the truth sent by the spirit of God, while claiming the truth in word alone, down through the ages. In fact, it's telltale and predictable. Jesus referred to your lot as "blind guides."

Knowing this, I am not here to argue, as it might appear. This is not a contest. The victory is won. It is finished. But I am one sent to declare the truth to those who have [spiritual] ears to hear. Thanks for the opportunity to use your folly for good.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread since I came here is not about teachers its was for me always about they way you are speaking to one and other.
If it was that simple you would have honoured me as a brother when I asked you to stop. Any time I responded to your post it was because you are twisting what I said every time. And you are forcing your opinions on me and everyone else. I dont really read all the scriptures you posted. I am reading mostling the bare English in your posts. and looking at how you and many others are not representing Christ in love. Do a study on love. Love does not do what you are doing here/ You are indeed bombarding /forcing your opinions on everyone who says a word.
I don't even know what you believe so I couldn't consider you a brother IN Christ if I don't know what you believe.
A "brother" in Christ must be a baptized Christian.

Not ALL people are our brothers in Christ.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were honest, you would acknowledge that "all language" (including the scriptures) was "confounded" by God, and that "the scriptures must be discerned spiritually." Meaning, that there remains One Truth among many errors which are based on many things. If you actually knew the scriptures you would know this.

But in your case, you can only quote the written (and confounded) word, while arguing and attacking one who has told you that he is not speculating an opinion, but "knows" the truth from God by the very means which He Himself has declared. Which is just you not believing.

And you know very well that all you are doing is quoting what you have read which has been confounded, and are following the interpretations of men, which are not infallible. Which is not new among those who have rejected the truth sent by the spirit of God, while claiming the truth in word alone, down through the ages. In fact, it's telltale and predictable. Jesus referred to your lot as "blind guides."

Knowing this, I am not here to argue, as it might appear. This is not a contest. The victory is won. It is finished. But I am one sent to declare the truth to those who have [spiritual] ears to hear. Thanks for the opportunity to use your folly for good.
Uhhh, speaking of folly . . .

I believe what Christ's Church has teaches about the Word of God because Christ Himself told His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide it to ALL truth (John 16:12-15). He gave His Church Supreme Authority on earth - that WHATEVER it ordained on earth would also be ordained in Heaven.

Nowhere in Scripture did He give this Authority to ANY individual, save one: Peter (Matt. 16:18-19)
He certainly didn't give it yo you . . .

As for your belief that ALL Scripture was written to confound us - this is in direct opposition to the rest f your Protestant friends who believe in the perspecuity of Scripture. No wonder why there is the disjointed mess of tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects - ALL teaching different doctrines - yet ALL claiming that they were "led" by the Holy Spirit.

Yikes . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I wrong?
Did you NOT say that Jesus didn't ascend Bodily to the Father?
Yes, you are wrong.

Yes, I did say, and will say again: Jesus did not ascend to the Father in a physical body.

You obviously do not know the meaning of "ascend."

It means, to go from this physical existence, to that of God, whom is spirit. God in Jesus Christ, did not [lower] Himself and come [down] to our level to get [down] with people for all eternity. He came that we should be raised [up].

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are wrong.

Yes, I did say, and will say again: Jesus did not ascend to the Father in a physical body.

It means, to go from this physical existence, to that of God, whom is spirit. God in Jesus Christ, did not [lower] Himself and come [down] to our level to get [down] with people for all eternity. He came that we should be raised [up].

Is this a baiting conversation? Because I am biting. Are you kidding me?!!! You obviously do not know the meaning of ascend. He laid down His life and took it up again. What did He take up? His FLESH obviously, which is the only thing the serpent could strike. His body is just a small portion of who He is. But the purpose for taking up His body was for us to become a new creation in Him, thus FIRST BORN OF THE DEAD. He ASCENDED Body and Spirit. Hence, SON OF MAN. To say he did not take up His flesh and ascend into heaven in the flesh is to deny He came in the flesh. Antichrist thought on your part . You are waaayyy, too caught up in this only spirit garbage I see in many of your post. You are extremely disconnected from the truth as much as you can get. The whole of Christian faith is belief in His birth , life, death, resurrection and ascension. I do not know what Kool-Aid you've been drinking but for the sake of you soul STOP!

Reactions: KBCid

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are wrong.

Yes, we've gone through your heresy before.

You also said that Jesus's glorified body transformed to pure spirit sometime after the Resurrection but before the Ascension.
Tell me - where do you see that in Scripture - chapter and verse, please.

The Jesus I know and read about ATE with the Apostles. He had nails marks in His hands and feet and a gaping wound in His side - big enough to stick your hand inside. His Bodily Ascension is a basic tenet of Christianity.

Finally - one thing you just said caught my eye. You said, "God IN Jesus did not . . ."
Do you believe that Jesus is God - or that God merely dwelt in Him?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh, speaking of folly . . .

I believe what Christ's Church has teaches about the Word of God because Christ Himself told His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide it to ALL truth (John 16:12-15). He gave His Church Supreme Authority on earth - that WHATEVER it ordained on earth would also be ordained in Heaven.

Nowhere in Scripture did He give this Authority to ANY individual, save one: Peter (Matt. 16:18-19)
He certainly didn't give it yo you . . .

As for your belief that ALL Scripture was written to confound us - this is in direct opposition to the rest f your Protestant friends who believe in the perspecuity of Scripture. No wonder why there is the disjointed mess of tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects - ALL teaching different doctrines - yet ALL claiming that they were "led" by the Holy Spirit.

Yikes . . .
Yes, this is what you believe...we know that.

But, you do not know all that you can quote about it, and have assumed incorrectly, which I have explained. But you could not discern the matter spiritually and are mistaken. But that does not mean that the Holy Spirit has not guided, but rather that it is on such like you that things have taken such a lengthy side trip, to your own shame. Yes, instead of entering into the kingdom when invited, you have ordained, joined, and loosened your hearts out for 2000 years in a bigger desert than even Israel could have imagined - nice works!

Nonetheless, you preached those same quoted words to every generation...not even knowing what you missed. Way to go!

As for the confounding of all language by God....what do you not understand about "all?" (Rhetorical)

And that "disjointed mess"...that's on your lot too, for making the first wrong move in following the rock (Peter) instead of following the Rock (of ages).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this a baiting conversation? Because I am biting. Are you kidding me?!!! You obviously do not know the meaning of ascend. He laid down His life and took it up again. What did He take up? His FLESH obviously, which is the only thing the serpent could strike. His body is just a small portion of who He is. But the purpose for taking up His body was for us to become a new creation in Him, thus FIRST BORN OF THE DEAD. He ASCENDED Body and Spirit. Hence, SON OF MAN. To say he did not take up His flesh and ascend into heaven in the flesh is to deny He came in the flesh. Antichrist thought on your part . You are waaayyy, too caught up in this only spirit garbage I see in many of your post. You are extremely disconnected from the truth as much as you can get. The whole of Christian faith is belief in His birth , life, death, resurrection and ascension. I do not know what Kool-Aid you've been drinking but for the sake of you soul STOP!
You just called God, whom is [only] spirit..."garbage." Nuff said. Yeah, you got your head on straight alright!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, this is what you believe...we know that.

But, you do not know all that you can quote about it, and have assumed incorrectly, which I have explained. But you could not discern the matter spiritually and are mistaken. But that does not mean that the Holy Spirit has not guided, but rather that it is on such like you that things have taken such a lengthy side trip, to your own shame. Yes, instead of entering into the kingdom when invited, you have ordained, joined, and loosened your hearts out for 2000 years in a bigger desert than even Israel could have imagined - nice works!

Nonetheless, you preached those same quoted words to every generation...not even knowing what you missed. Way to go!

As for the confounding of all language by God....what do you not understand about "all?" (Rhetorical)

And that "disjointed mess"...that's on your lot too, for making the first wrong move in following the rock (Peter) instead of following the Rock (of ages).
Ummmm, you're part of that disjointed mess.
Jesus didn't lie when He promised that His Church would NOT succumb to the gates of Hell (Matt. 16:18). It's been here for 2000 years and going strong. It didn't come into being when YOU were born.

Apparently - YOU thought He was joking . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we've gone through your heresy before.

You also said that Jesus's glorified body transformed to pure spirit sometime after the Resurrection but before the Ascension.
Tell me - where do you see that in Scripture - chapter and verse, please.

The Jesus I know and read about ATE with the Apostles. He had nails marks in His hands and feet and a gaping wound in His side - big enough to stick your hand inside. His Bodily Ascension is a basic tenet of Christianity.
No, I said Jesus rose in the resurrection bodily, but ascended in spirit - the only thing He committed to the Father.

So, yes...He ate, had nail holes, etc., but did not deliver meat to the Father...He laid it down...and left.
Finally - one thing you just said caught my eye. You said, "God IN Jesus did not . . ."
Do you believe that Jesus is God - or that God merely dwelt in Him?
You mean...that evil lawyer's eye, trying to trap me?

I meant what I said, "God with us."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Ascend" simply means "to rise up", which is exactly what Jesus did in His glorified Body.

Reactions: EndTimeWine