ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wont find "catholic" in the bible because back than there where Jews and Christians. Now we have religion Jews and Christians,
. . . and online cults like aggressivechristianity.net, which YOU belong to.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions" In your opinion should I, as a follower of Christ, tolerate anyone-( including he who is called Pope), should I tolerate any descent from the TRUTH? Keep in mind , I am NOT attacking the truths held by you and your denomination, only the lies. Am I acting on the convictions I hold in my faith in Christ?

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
. . . and online cults like aggressivechristianity.net, which YOU belong to.
You love it, dont know how you can live with yourself. Im still enjoying my lovely day,

Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

As i have said many times. all you do is expose yourself.
Have a lovely day.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When were the terms Bible , Rapture, premillenialism, total immersion, eternal security, King James Version, sola scriptura, total depravity, faith alone, (except James 2:24, where it is rejected), Protestantism, Lutheransim, Calvinism, Anglicanism non-denominational, etc. applied by an apostle??

CATHOLIC: Where did the word originate? ANSWER: It comes from the Greek word Katholikos, which was later Latinized into Catholicus.

It means 'Universal', which in itself means, 'of or relating to, or affecting the entire world and ALL peoples therein'. It means, ALL encompassing, comprehensibly broad, general, and containing ALL that is neccessary. In summation, it means ALL people in ALL places, having ALL that is necessary, and for ALL time.

Matthew 28:19-20, "Go, therefore and make disciples of ALL nations...teaching them to observe ALL that I have commanded you; And behold, I am with you ALL days, even unto the consummation of the world." That is a statement of Universality, Katholicos, Catholicus, Catholic.

Acts 9:31
"So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Sama'ria had peace and was built up; and walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit it was multiplied."
There the words "church throughout all" is translated from the Greek words "Ecclesia kata holis" But it was after Ignatius that the term Catholic Church became used more and more to designate the true church.

Romans 1:8….and you belong to that Church whose faith St. Paul describes as being "proclaimed (KATAnggeletai) in the whole universe (en HOLO to kosmo)

Thus the word KATAHOLOS or Catholic in English originated from Scriptures - Romans 1:8, Acts 9:31

"Where the Bishop appears, there let the people be, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
St. Ignatius of Antioch's letter to the Smyrneans, paragraph 8, of 106 A.D.
Undoubtedly the word was in use before the time of this writing.

Written records of the term "CATHOLIC" describing a character of the Christian Church:
Ignatius, Letter to the Smyrneans 106AD;
Martyrdom of St. Polycarp 155 AD;
Clement of Alexandria, Stromateis 202 AD;
Cyprian, Unity of the Catholic Church 251 AD;
Cyprian, Letter to Florentius, 254 AD

"Catholic" is not the name of a church, it is one of four inseparable divine qualities or characteristics: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic.

So because your denomination lays claim to a Word- Catholic this therefore determines you hold only- and all truth? You once replied to me that "If I am of Orthodox then I am Protestant". Though the Coptic and other middle eastern churches and Greek and the Ethiopian Church, were established before both the RCC or Protestant splinter. These are the churches of the ancient way from which Rome compiled much biblical information from. These Churches today of course have been decimated (in the middle east) through Obama and the Beast system's false wars and toppling of thrones.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So because your denomination lays claim to a Word- Catholic this therefore determines you hold only- and all truth? You once replied to me that "If I am of Orthodox then I am Protestant". Though the Coptic and other middle eastern churches and Greek were established before both the RCC or Protestant splinter. These are the churches of the ancient way from which Rome compiled much biblical information from. These Churches today of course have been decimated (in the middle east) through Obama and the Beast system's false wars and toppling of thrones.

And lets not forget that they were first called Christians, not Catholics or protestants.

Reactions: EndTimeWine

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So because your denomination lays claim to a Word- Catholic this therefore determines you hold only- and all truth? You once replied to me that "If I am of Orthodox then I am Protestant". Though the Coptic and other middle eastern churches and Greek were established before both the RCC or Protestant splinter. These are the churches of the ancient way from which Rome compiled much biblical information from. These Churches today of course have been decimated (in the middle east) through Obama and the Beast system's false wars and toppling of thrones.
And lets not forget that they were first called Christians, not Catholics or protestants.
Uhhhh - they were FIRST called followers of "The Way" (Acts 9:2).
Does that mean that when they were first called "Christians" in Antioch (Acts 11:26) that they broke off into a new "denomination"?
They were ALSO referred to as the "Sect of Nazarenes" (Acts 24:5). Was THIS a new "denomination"?

The Catholic Church is that SAME Church that has 3 different titles in the 1st century.
Ignatius of Antioch, a student of the Apostle John was writing about "The Catholic Church" as if it were a commonly-used title at the beginning of the 2nd century.

You guys need to study your history . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You love it, dont know how you can live with yourself. Im still enjoying my lovely day,

Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

As i have said many times. all you do is expose yourself.
Have a lovely day.
new%20top%20graphic.jpg

Established 1980. by "Generals" James and Deborah Green

The Catholic Church
- established by Jesus Christ in 33 AD.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
HI EndTimeWine,

I thought you had given up on this thread because you couldn't answer my question.

Can I remind you that you claimed:
The Protestants came after you, Christianity was established centuries before the RCC
And when pressed to some evidence you claimed
As for the RCC its official establishment 380 AD.

I asked you when, in your opinion, was the Catholic Church founded and by whom?

You claim it was founded in 389 AD but provide no evidence.

You claim you had posted all about this but the post was deleted. So presumably you should have evidence. Yet you seem unable to provide it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Catholic Church - established by Jesus Christ in 33 AD.
Actually it was established by men, who than called themselves catholics, and therefore separated them selves from Christ by putting men to rule and rein over them. What had God got to do with mens religions, why do you keep yourself so far from Him, what is it you are afraid of.??

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Luk 22:24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Have a nice day

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI EndTimeWine,

I thought you had given up on this thread because you couldn't answer my question.

You claim you had posted all about this but the post was deleted. So presumably you should have evidence. Yet you seem unable to provide it.
Rome Becomes Christian, Western Empire Ends
timeline_nf_rule.gif

A.D. 379
13_01.jpg

Theodosius I, shown here in this plate, or missorium, commemorating his tenth year as emperor, was the first Roman Emperor to decree that all citizens should be Christian.
Photograph by Werner Forman/Corbis
Though Constantine I (circa A.D. 280 to 337) was the first Christian emperor of Rome, it was not until decades after he died that Christianity became the official religion of the empire.

Ruling from 379 to 395, Emperor Theodosis I was the first emperor to decree that all citizens should be Christian. He was also the last ruler to preside over a united Eastern and Western Roman Empire. Indeed, east and west had been diverging since long before his reign.

Theodosis allowed most pagans to worship in peace. But he forcibly removed "heretic" Arian or Gnostic bishops from Christian churches throughout the eastern empire.

These officials were replaced with "catholic" Christians, as defined by the circa-325 Council of Nicea. The creed recognized the equal divinity of the holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

After Theodosis' death in 395 the empire split into western and eastern halves, with the eastern half being much stronger.

The Western Roman Empire, including much of Italy, Spain, Gaul, Britain, and North Africa, was plagued by economic stagnation and invaders such as the Visigoths.

By A.D. 402 the Western Empire was unable to protect even its ancient capital from hordes of barbarian invaders. The emperor Honorius moved the capital from Rome to Ravenna, the stronghold port of the empire's Adriatic Sea fleet. Rome's run at the head of the empire was unequivocally over.

The waning western empire was governed from Ravenna until its final end in 476, when Germanic tribesmen overthrew Emperor Romulus Augustulus.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI EndTimeWine,

380 AD actually is what I said.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it was established by men, who than called themselves catholics, and therefore separated them selves from Christ by putting men to rule and rein over them. What had God got to do with mens religions, why do you keep yourself so far from Him, what is it you are afraid of.??

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Luk 22:24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Have a nice day
Apparently, you didn't READ post #366.
Here it is again . . .

Does that mean that when they were first called "Christians" in Antioch (Acts 11:26) that they broke off into a new "denomination"?
They were ALSO referred to as the "Sect of Nazarenes" (Acts 24:5). Was THIS a new "denomination"?

The Catholic Church is that SAME Church that has 3 different titles in the 1st century.
Ignatius of Antioch, a student of the Apostle John was writing about "The Catholic Church" as if it were a commonly-used title at the beginning of the 2nd century.

You need to study your history . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Apparently, you didn't READ post #366.
Here it is again . . .

Yes the catholic church is the catholic church, built by catholics, run by catholics, uses catholic doctrines, catholic traditions, caholic, protcols and teh head is teh catholic pope.

Now Christians belong to Christ, they follow after Christ, they speak of only Christ, they have no men before them because Christ is the head of His church, and as He said,

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

and

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

and your church broke off when it became teh catholic church and replaced Jesus with the pope.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Have a lovely day.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the catholic church is the catholic church, built by catholics, run by catholics, uses catholic doctrines, catholic traditions, caholic, protcols and teh head is teh catholic pope.

Now Christians belong to Christ, they follow after Christ, they speak of only Christ, they have no men before them because Christ is the head of His church, and as He said,

and your church broke off when it became teh catholic church and replaced Jesus with the pope.
Really?
When
did this happen?

History is a funny thing, my ignorant friend. You can't escape history.
EVERYTHING has a starting point. so tell me - WHEN did the Catholic Church "break away"??

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really?
When
did this happen?

EVERYTHING has a starting point. so tell me - WHEN did the Catholic Church "break away"??
I've been asking that question since I got my first computer and I never get an answer. The standard answer is Constantine introduced paganism into the Church, but an examination of historical facts shows this to be a myth.
13 Logical Problems with the Constantine Founder Myth:
Anti-Catholic Myths and Lies: #1 Emperor Constantine Founded the Catholic Church | Living Bread Radio Network

Reactions: BreadOfLife

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
History should we discuss it, murdering Jews, forcing Christians to join at point of death, child molesting, homosexual priests and popes, dealing in drugs, selling salvation at a price, yes BOL you cant escape History, your church is bloodied with the blood of His saints and His children, and do really think Jesus can be a part of all that,

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

we know whom your church belongs to like all mens religions, it aint God.

And still you have absolultey no evidence of your church belonging to Christ without twisting words and truth to conform with teh lie, and history cleary says you church is not His by its deeds.

Reactions: Dcopymope

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
History should we discuss it, murdering Jews, forcing Christians to join at point of death, child molesting, homosexual priests and popes, dealing in drugs, selling salvation at a price, yes BOL you cant escape History, your church is bloodied with the blood of His saints and His children, and do really think Jesus can be a part of all that,

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

we know whom your church belongs to like all mens religions, it aint God.

And still you have absolultey no evidence of your church belonging to Christ without twisting words and truth to conform with teh lie, and history cleary says you church is not His by its deeds.
Doctrinal purity has nothing to do with sinful members. I would challenge most of your hateful rant but it would be pointless. Your HATE has been addressed many times. We are not afraid to admit to sinners in the Church, but not to your HATEFUL exaggerations. You need a church to admit sinners are in it, you don't even have a church. Let us know when you get one.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rome Becomes Christian, Western Empire Ends
timeline_nf_rule.gif

A.D. 379
13_01.jpg

Theodosius I, shown here in this plate, or missorium, commemorating his tenth year as emperor, was the first Roman Emperor to decree that all citizens should be Christian.
Photograph by Werner Forman/Corbis
Though Constantine I (circa A.D. 280 to 337) was the first Christian emperor of Rome, it was not until decades after he died that Christianity became the official religion of the empire.

Ruling from 379 to 395, Emperor Theodosis I was the first emperor to decree that all citizens should be Christian. He was also the last ruler to preside over a united Eastern and Western Roman Empire. Indeed, east and west had been diverging since long before his reign.

Theodosis allowed most pagans to worship in peace. But he forcibly removed "heretic" Arian or Gnostic bishops from Christian churches throughout the eastern empire.

These officials were replaced with "catholic" Christians, as defined by the circa-325 Council of Nicea. The creed recognized the equal divinity of the holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
There were no "officials" outside the Church at Nicae, they were all Catholic bishops. Constantine may have been present, but he had no spiritual jurisdiction whatsoever; he did not participate in the deliberations, and there is not a shred of evidence that he did.

After Theodosis' death in 395 the empire split into western and eastern halves, with the eastern half being much stronger.

The Western Roman Empire, including much of Italy, Spain, Gaul, Britain, and North Africa, was plagued by economic stagnation and invaders such as the Visigoths.

By A.D. 402 the Western Empire was unable to protect even its ancient capital from hordes of barbarian invaders. The emperor Honorius moved the capital from Rome to Ravenna, the stronghold port of the empire's Adriatic Sea fleet. Rome's run at the head of the empire was unequivocally over.

The waning western empire was governed from Ravenna until its final end in 476, when Germanic tribesmen overthrew Emperor Romulus Augustulus.
Governmental/secular decrees from emperors does not determine when Christianity was STARTED, they determine when it was LEGAL.
The Church was founded around 33 AD by Jesus Christ, no group of mere humans could build something so infallible and indestructible without divine assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
State church of the Roman Empire
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Missorium of Emperor Theodosius I, who made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.
Nicene Christianity became the state church of the Roman Empire with the Edict of Thessalonica in 380 AD, when Emperor Theodosius I made it the Empire's sole authorized religion.[1][2] The Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodoxy, and the Catholic Church each claim to be the historical continuation of this church in its original form, but do not identify with it in the caesaropapist form that it took later. Unlike Constantine I, who with the Edict of Milan of 313 AD had established tolerance for Christianity without placing it above other religions[3] and whose involvement in matters of the Christian faith extended to convoking councils of bishops who were to determine doctrine and to presiding at their meetings, but not to determining doctrine himself,[4] Theodosius established a single Christian doctrine (specified as that professed by Pope Damasus I of Rome and Pope Peter II of Alexandria) as the Empire's official religion.

Earlier in the 4th century, following the Diocletianic Persecution of 303–313 and the Donatist controversy that arose in consequence, Constantine had convened councils of Christian bishops to define the orthodoxy, or "correct teaching", of the Christian faith, expanding on earlier Christian councils. A series of ecumenical councils met during the 4th and 5th centuries, but Christianity continued to suffer rifts and schisms surrounding the issues of Arianism, Nestorianism, and Miaphysitism. In the 5th century the Western Empire decayed as a polity: invaders sacked Rome in 410 and in 455, and Odoacer, an Arian barbarian warlord, forced Romulus Augustus, the last nominal Western Emperor, to abdicate in 476. However, apart from the aforementioned schisms, the church as an institution persisted in communion, if not without tension, between the east and west. In the 6th century the Byzantine armies of the Eastern Roman Emperor Justinian I recovered Italy and other sections of the western Mediterranean shore. The Eastern Roman Empire soon lost most of these gains, but it held Rome, as part of the Exarchate of Ravenna, until 751, a period known in church history as the Byzantine Papacy. The Muslim conquests of the 7th century would begin a process of converting most of the then-Christian world in West Asia and North Africa to Islam, severely restricting the reach both of the Byzantine Empire and of its church. Missionary activity directed from Constantinople, the Byzantine capital, did not lead to a lasting expansion of the formal power of the Empire's state church, since areas outside the empire's political and military control set up their own distinct state churches, as in the case of Bulgaria in 919.

Justinian I, who became emperor in Constantinople in 527, established the bishops of Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem – referred to[by whom?] as the Pentarchy – as the leadership of the Imperial church and gave each bishop the title of "Patriarch".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Doctrinal purity has nothing to do with sinful members. I would challenge most of your hateful rant but it would be pointless. Your HATE has been addressed many times. We are not afraid to admit to sinners in the Church, but not to your HATEFUL exaggerations. You need a church to admit sinners are in it, you don't even have a church. Let us know when you get one.
Ye who persecute Christ, hate you dont know teh meaning.

Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

You do not know who you stand against. so blind.

How can anyone not but hate that which is Anti Christ.

Last edited: