Any other horror fans in here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though I really like Peretti’s work as fiction, one thing that was very interesting as an adult looking back at it is the way his fiction shaped the concept of spiritual warfare. They’ve shown how his work reimagined spiritual warfare and influenced millions of Christians. It was packaging the satanic panic and fear of liberalism neatly making it able to spread congregation to congregation by word of mouth.

Reactions: bbyrd009

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, and it seems that way on most forums. People are often just so quick to be dissentious. I'm not interested. I'm glad Slovak and a few others (Matthew G I believe his screen name is) are interested in discussion and make it clear they do not care for aggressive debate as it is with me. Dissension comes from Satan. Discussion is good, to be done politely and respectfully. This can be accomplished by all no matter what opposing opinion you may encounter. Thus, typically as soon as dissension comes up (disrespectful, antagonistic and/or rude replies to a post), I will leave the thread. I just try to steer clear of the influences of the demonic spirits out there.

Love those Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver. They're some of my favorite. The Terminator ones are pretty good too. Haven't gotten into the Predator series, but I don't think we as a family ever got into them as we did the other two; I actually can't recall much of them.

There were some awesome action/adventure movies from the 80s and 90s; I'm sure it's a generational thing, but I just don't see anything quite like them that have been made since (like the Indiana Jones movies, Back to the Future series, even the Jurassic Parks--haven't seen the newest one but my friend says it's pretty good. I thought the first two were great). Alright, I'm straying off topic now.

Oh yeah, one more "off-topic"--driving too fast. But when I'm in the middle of nowhere and have to get to work 30 miles away, how else am I going to get there on time??!!!! : )

Lol......you go Sister......lol

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never watch the gory bloody ones but I do enjoy a psychological suspense movie now and then like the Sigorney Weaver movie where she is a psychologist who has agoraphobia and cannot leave her house. Those are fine and I did like the original The Shining. No gore, ever.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Never watch the gory bloody ones but I do enjoy a psychological suspense movie now and then like the Sigorney Weaver movie where she is a psychologist who has agoraphobia and cannot leave her house. Those are fine and I did like the original The Shining. No gore, ever.
@Nancy A reflective, well produced one is different from all the gore and horror that some ppl seem to want to see.

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!!! What do you see in horror films?? =the acts of satan and demons in the lives of the lost and soon-to-be dammed. Why do many allow satan to use them as his tool and play them for his fool??? THINK!!!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, and it seems that way on most forums. People are often just so quick to be dissentious. I'm not interested. I'm glad Slovak and a few others (Matthew G I believe his screen name is) are interested in discussion and make it clear they do not care for aggressive debate as it is with me. Dissension comes from Satan. Discussion is good, to be done politely and respectfully. This can be accomplished by all no matter what opposing opinion you may encounter. Thus, typically as soon as dissension comes up (disrespectful, antagonistic and/or rude replies to a post), I will leave the thread. I just try to steer clear of the influences of the demonic spirits out there.

Love those Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver. They're some of my favorite. The Terminator ones are pretty good too. Haven't gotten into the Predator series, but I don't think we as a family ever got into them as we did the other two; I actually can't recall much of them.

There were some awesome action/adventure movies from the 80s and 90s; I'm sure it's a generational thing, but I just don't see anything quite like them that have been made since (like the Indiana Jones movies, Back to the Future series, even the Jurassic Parks--haven't seen the newest one but my friend says it's pretty good. I thought the first two were great). Alright, I'm straying off topic now.

Oh yeah, one more "off-topic"--driving too fast. But when I'm in the middle of nowhere and have to get to work 30 miles away, how else am I going to get there on time??!!!! : )

constant debating does definitely get old. I always think if I had a friend and all our interactions were arguing and tearing down each others interests i would call it toxic and bounce. A bit of debate is fine and normal and means you don’t have to walk on egg shells but it should not the the foundation of fellowship.

i like aliens as well. The alien film was heavily inspired by “ Planet of the Vampires” which is really good and on Shudder. It’s actually the same film that is being used as inspiration for the new horror themed Aquaman film. I really liked the horror themed recent Dr. Strange and all of Sami’s head nods to the evil dead franchise. Even had Ash ( Bruce Campbell ) in there. In evil dead Ash’s hand gets possessed and goes crazy and when it’s cut off it’s really bloody. In Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness the hotdog guy is Bruce Campbell. Dr. strange takes control of his hand and makes it acts crazy and then instead of blood, he’s splattered with mustard. Really funny Easter egg.

Halloween was great. I’m looking forward to Halloween ends this year.

Reactions: dhh712

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Think!!! What do you see in horror films?? =the acts of satan and demons in the lives of the lost and soon-to-be dammed. Why do many allow satan to use them as his tool and play them for his fool??? THINK!!!
well, you might see that the same could be said of you eh
also, you came in here of your own free will, knowing the subject matter already?
if your right eye offends you, pluck it out and toss it

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Rita

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, you might see that the same could be said of you eh
also, you came in here of your own free will, knowing the subject matter already?
if your right eye offends you, pluck it out and toss it

I like to try to help those that I see satan using as his tools and fools!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I like to try to help those that I see satan using as his tools and fools!
yes, i understand, its not my thing either, but that is strictly our opinion, arrived at by our “right eye,” eh?

Would you like me to try and help you understand how it is better to be left than taken? So same deal

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, i understand, its not my thing either, but that is strictly our opinion, arrived at by our “right eye,” eh?

Would you like me to try and help you understand how it is better to be left than taken? So same deal

Believe and be caught up in the rapture!!
1 Thessalonians 5:9-18 King James Version (KJV) 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
Luke 21:36 KJV: Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Reactions: amigo de christo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
judge not, or you will be judged
so i guess it all works out fine anyway
but when you, gee, just cant figure out why ppl flee a room as you enter, well there ya go ok

you also, came in here voluntarily, knowing the subject matter
Think! What do you see in most “Christian” congregations? “Tomorrow people,” all interpreting the strong delusion, all waiting for their lives to begin someday, despite Jesus’ I came that you might have life, more abundantly, all hoping, in vain, to become immortal after they have died, There is only One Immortal…so, there ya go

and pls read this as satire ok, idc what you believe any more, i do care whether you i am kind to people, at least kind enough to see those in need, and help them!

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe and be caught up in the rapture!!
1 Thessalonians 5:9-18 King James Version (KJV) 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
Luke 21:36 KJV: Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That makes no sense at all since you preach the exact opposite.
weird, huh Bob? Some run away from, some toward, and i guess we dont all have to march in lock-step, with fascism as the default

you might come to see the little joke inherent in How can two walk together except they be agreed? since at the end of the day we rarely agree even with our spouses, eh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Even though I really like Peretti’s work as fiction, one thing that was very interesting as an adult looking back at it is the way his fiction shaped the concept of spiritual warfare. They’ve shown how his work reimagined spiritual warfare and influenced millions of Christians. It was packaging the satanic panic and fear of liberalism neatly making it able to spread congregation to congregation by word of mouth.
some of the best insights here come from the…forgot what its called, but the “heathen” section, fwiw
ah ya, “unorthodox” forum, or “General Discussions”