Any other horror fans in here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes my son has also mentioned Stranger things.. I did start watching it about a year ago but only got into a couple of episodes. He said it’s something that gets better later on in series one.
I might try and see if I can get into as me and my children often debate things when we all watched something.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes my son has also mentioned Stranger things.. I did start watching it about a year ago but only got into a couple of episodes. He said it’s something that gets better later on in series one.
I might try and see if I can get into as me and my children often debate things when we all watched something.

I seriously tried to begin watching it like…4 times over the past few years but couldnt get past second episode. It’s pretty silly. I think I finally started watching it just to try to find what it is she likes so much! Lol.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it’s the big thing here with the latest season recently being shown, and the Kate Bush song , which the show uses, is number one in the charts. I do like the song ……..
I thinks it’s a bit Dungeon and dragons kind of thing ….. I remember my kids watching the cartoon series when they were younger ….

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy Stranger Things. It’s a typical sci fi horror that takes place on earth. My favorite season was season four. Season four was actually heavily influenced by nightmare on elm street. Even the same actor that played Freddy is in season 4. Throughout the season you see things like nightmare on elm street posters. There is some on and off talk about the next season of American horror story. Ring inspired by American clsssic slashers.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As y’all should know, this is a fellowship forum and so hopefully others have the emotional intelligence to not try to turn this into a debate. I promise if you disagree, those of us who enjoy it have read that book and understand your position. By all means create a thread on debating it. This is for those who enjoy horror.

I am a really into horror. I listen to a lot of horror podcasts like “ Creepy , Wicked Librarian, No Sleep , Psudopod , Bleeder’s DIEgest and others that are fictional stories. I listen to critical analysis of horror tropes, films and books on podcasts like “ evolution of horror and the faculty of horror”. I also listen to a handful of Christian horror podcasts such as Peter Law’s “ Creepy Cove Community Church , Horror Nerds at Church and 10xTheTerror which is also a horror criticism podcast. I’ve read the Christian horror books by Frank Peretti, Ted Dekker and so many others. Three of my favorite Christian horror novels are FP’s “ Monster “ , TD’s “ Immanuel Veins” and Tosca Lee’s “ Demon A memoir and obviously books by CS Lewis like “ The Screwtape Letters.”

out of all the genre of horror my favorite is body horror and natural horror ( think campfire stories of a bear stalking campers )

Some of my favorite stories in the Bible fits the genre of horror. Scary tales are woven throughout the entire Bible. We have short stories like the flood and various dark war tales. We have hints of hybrid humans being slain , ghosts , dragons and so many other cool things that wax and wane between fiction ( like psalms 74 ) and nonfiction. To the symbolism of hell ( the second death ) and the valley of Gehenna.

horror is also a genre that most often pits good vs evil. Almost every horror story is of a group of friends and loved ones disbelieving they warnings of someone and going or doing something that brings them into the lines of something evil and on their own they can’t win but as a group focused on love and faith they overcome whatever mighty darkness is trying to get them. Horror also just happens to be the genre that brings up Christianity the most, even if it’s fictional used versions of it. Such as vampires can’t cross moving ( living waters ) because of baptism and they can’t enter a house without permission and they are harmed by the cross. Every possession horror story essentially has priests that battle evil. Hope is one of the key ingredients to the final girl surviving the slasher.
If there are any here I look forward to chatting and sharing favorites.
I'm watching "Outlander" and YouTube free with ads. It's kinda horror like but more of an action film. He is from a space-colony and battles an extra-terrestial dinosaur they call a dragon. Pretty interesting film.

Reactions: Skovand1075

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Then said I unto them, Cast ye away every man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not yourselves with the idols of Egypt: I am the LORD your God. But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.” (Ezekiel 20:7-8)
My friend dont expect folks to love this reminder . but as for me every word of God is wonderful good to my soul .
The peoples willl do as the peoples will do , but lambs shall do as JESUS said to do .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If i had to name one of the all-time best horror films it'd be 'The Stone Tape' because it's so intelligently done-

SPOILER ALERT- a small high-tech electronics research team rent a big old country house to work on their projects, but quickly discover the place has a ghost, (a victorian chambermaid who fell to her death from a flight of stairs) so they switch all their efforts into trying to trigger and capture it on the theory that the stone walls of the place act as a recording tape of past events.
In one chilling scene their computer apparently tries to warn them not to mess with the thing and begins printing out "Pray...soul...prayer".
There's a great twist at the end because nobody thought to wonder what made her fall in the first place...

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The film 'Ghost Story' is not bad either-

SPOILER ALERT- A university student invites two of his chums to stay with him at his big country house.
He and one of his chums know the place is reputed to have a ghost, but they decide not to tell the other chum, preferring to let him find out for himself.
He certainly does find out in a big way, but he thinks the ghosts that he sees are possibly just a prank being played on him by the other two, so he doesn't say a word...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Rita I've never really gotten into the genre at all. I suppose you yourself want to be able to join in the conversation if others in the house are discussing it.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita I've never really gotten into the genre at all. I suppose you yourself want to be able to join in the conversation if others in the house are discussing it.
Not sure I just watch something for that reason, I have to like what I am watching and I have to be in the right frame of mind. So Dan may be waiting awhile for that discussion on Stranger things !! Lol

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not sure I just watch something for that reason, I have to like what I am watching and I have to be in the right frame of mind. So Dan may be waiting awhile for that discussion on Stranger things !! Lol
@Rita Is Dan the son that made a profession of faith (wonderfully)? I guess some things - films included - can easily take the place in one's time and interest instead of prayer and Bible reading, so it depends a lot on what the content of the film is, I suppose.