Any other horror fans in here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ppl use the word of God to WOUND others, to me this is satanic.
What comes from the heart, usually destroys the soul.

I would really like to be a fly on the wall in some ppl lives......

How do you treat your family, ?
Your colleagues or co-workers ?
Your enemies ?
Your neighbors ?

Does your anger take over ?
Do you commit murder with your tongue ?

So you say horror, sci- fi, thrillers, mysteries ECT are of the devil........I laugh at your folly.
The real soul killer comes from lack of the word in your life, lack of a love that will lay down his life for another...........
BEWARE YOU ARE GAGGING AT GNATS AND SWALLOWING CAMELS !

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just sharing a scripture verse.

“…Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil; He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.” (Isaiah 33:14-16)
Bullseye!

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know, and it seems that way on most forums. People are often just so quick to be dissentious. I'm not interested. I'm glad Slovak and a few others (Matthew G I believe his screen name is) are interested in discussion and make it clear they do not care for aggressive debate as it is with me. Dissension comes from Satan. Discussion is good, to be done politely and respectfully. This can be accomplished by all no matter what opposing opinion you may encounter. Thus, typically as soon as dissension comes up (disrespectful, antagonistic and/or rude replies to a post), I will leave the thread. I just try to steer clear of the influences of the demonic spirits out there.

Love those Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver. They're some of my favorite. The Terminator ones are pretty good too. Haven't gotten into the Predator series, but I don't think we as a family ever got into them as we did the other two; I actually can't recall much of them.

There were some awesome action/adventure movies from the 80s and 90s; I'm sure it's a generational thing, but I just don't see anything quite like them that have been made since (like the Indiana Jones movies, Back to the Future series, even the Jurassic Parks--haven't seen the newest one but my friend says it's pretty good. I thought the first two were great). Alright, I'm straying off topic now.

Oh yeah, one more "off-topic"--driving too fast. But when I'm in the middle of nowhere and have to get to work 30 miles away, how else am I going to get there on time??!!!! : )
Oh I like Indiana Jones..... :)

Reactions: Lambano

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ppl use the word of God to WOUND others

“Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.” (Proverbs 27:6)

If anyone is in error they should be chastened by the word of God.

The Apostle Paul also wrote stern letters to avoid using sharp language in person.

“Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness…” (2 Corinthians 13:10)

And further:

“…rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith” (Titus 1:13)

It does not say rebuke them gently or with “social skills

Here are the real biblical wounds that should never be administered:

“The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.” (Proverbs 26:22)

Reactions: amigo de christo

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what’s everyone’s favorite horror stories from the Bible. Which ones do you think could be best represented visually? When the scriptures were written that was the main medium to convey a story. Well I guess the may way to convey a story then would have been talking in person. But texts were developing and being readily used to share stories.

storytelling now days can be done equally well , and sometimes even better visually through films. But many come across wonderfully as a book or podcast. As mentioned I like all kinds of horror from silent films like 1932 Vampyr because of the expert use of lighting and shadows. I also like many of the sci fi horror films out of the 50s and 60s. I don’t actually know much of the 70s but pick back up as a fan in the 80s with the rise of SFX gore.

One film that I felt could really get it’s message across visually would be the horror story in judges 19 of the the Levite and his concubine.

In a nutshell, a Levite man had a concubine and something happened causing her to flee and he went after her to bring her back. Many texts make it sound like she cheated on him, but if you dig into commentaries and the original language you’ll notice it’s probably more likely she was angry and left because he spoke cruelly to her. So this victimized concubine fled to her fathers house and the Levite got there and after a few days convinced her to come back with him but on the way there nightfall comes upon them and basically a retelling of lot and sodom plays out. A man there tries to protect the Levite from the men who wanted to rape him by sending out his concubine. The men abused her all night and in the morning when the daylight came up the Levite found her and decided to dismember her into 12 pieces and send one to each tribe which results in a future war. In the story of Lot and the Levite the women are grossly treated as meat. It helps set up the potential horror with Joseph and Mary not having a place to stay and Joseph wanting to abandon her. Had Joseph abandon her there is a chance Herod would have caught and murdered her and baby Jesus.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what’s everyone’s favorite horror stories from the Bible

When judgment comes, no one will be taking “horror” lightly.

“All hands shall be feeble, and all knees shall be weak as water. They shall also gird themselves with sackcloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads. They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.” (Ezekiel 7:17-19)

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you treat your family, ?
Your colleagues or co-workers ?
Your enemies ?
Your neighbors ?

Does your anger take over ?
Do you commit murder with your tongue ?

So you say horror, sci- fi, thrillers, mysteries ECT are of the devil........I laugh at your folly.
The real soul killer comes from lack of the word in your life, lack of a love that will lay down his life for another...........
BEWARE YOU ARE GAGGING AT GNATS AND SWALLOWING CAMELS !

It’s pretty crazy that many peoples initial reaction to someone’s pastimes by immediately stepping into trying to weaponize scripture. But it’s a growing trend among some movements. Not that all those in those movements do it but it seems to be more predominant within some. Especially when it’s obvious some of them did not even attempt to read the post and reasons. They skimmed and caught a few key words and it scared them or made them angry. I mostly just ignore them and carry on. I value myself and my time enough to not allow myself to be dragged to far into their issues. Especially online with strangers when they have spent more time being mean than they have spent trying to get to know me or at least having the social understanding and emotional intelligence to realize maybe the thread is not for them. It’s not that hard. All about different thoughts but there are healthier ways to go about it then some of them landed on. Even in my intro post several first responses to me was just to attack.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never watch the gory bloody ones but I do enjoy a psychological suspense movie now and then like the Sigorney Weaver movie where she is a psychologist who has agoraphobia and cannot leave her house. Those are fine and I did like the original The Shining. No gore, ever.

I’ve not actually seen copycat. Or rather I believe I did many years ago. I have struggled with getting into cat and mouse and dog thrillers. It’s funny but I’ve noticed often many who like thrillers and true crime don’t like very fictional horrors and vice versa. Though I did like Se7en. I liked From Hell.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what kind of genre do you like?

Comedy, Mystery, Detective, Romance, Christian geared, Westerns, based on actual —> war events, world cultures documentaries.
Pretty much, selective videos. Haven’t watched TV in years.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Comedy, Mystery, Detective, Romance, Christian geared, Westerns, based on actual —> war events, world cultures documentaries.
Pretty much, selective videos. Haven’t watched TV in years.
I don’t watch tv either. As in I don’t have satellite or cable. I watch a good bit of comedy as well. Comedy and horror are actually very similar in style and how they convey their story. Only the type of awkward situations the characters find themselves in are very different. Though when it comes to comedy I mostly prefer stand up.
The Bible actually has quite a bit of humor as well. Jonah for example is considered a comedy. Lots of satire. Humor is found in Job. There is even weird jokes contained within such as this one.

1 Kings 12:10-11

10 And the young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying, “This is what you should say to this people who spoke to you, saying: ‘Your father made our yoke heavy, now you make it lighter for us!’ You should speak this way to them: ‘My little finger is thicker than my father’s waist!

If you do a search on the word translated waist you’ll see it’s referring to something else quite clearly. But who am I to judge the humor of the Holy Spirit ehh.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We pretty much are limited to general suspicions...
I think if you could actually see and hear the “tell all”...you would go insane in those consuming thoughts.
Sort of like you want to “UN-hear” some things, or “UN-see” something things, but can’t.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t watch tv either. As in I don’t have satellite or cable. I watch a good bit of comedy as well. Comedy and horror are actually very similar in style and how they convey their story. Only the type of awkward situations the characters find themselves in are very different. Though when it comes to comedy I mostly prefer stand up.

I like the stand up also, favor the clever, play on words. Not vulgar. Some comedy movies eh, just dumb.

The Bible actually has quite a bit of humor as well. Jonah for example is considered a comedy. Lots of satire. Humor is found in Job. There is even weird jokes contained within such as this one.

1 Kings 12:10-11

10 And the young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying, “This is what you should say to this people who spoke to you, saying: ‘Your father made our yoke heavy, now you make it lighter for us!’ You should speak this way to them: ‘My little finger is thicker than my father’s waist!

If you do a search on the word translated waist you’ll see it’s referring to something else quite clearly. But who am I to judge the humor of the Holy Spirit ehh.

Can’t say I have seen some you mention, but certainly don’t think Humor is beyond Gods ability...I mean look around...oops, scratch that.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Then said I unto them, Cast ye away every man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not yourselves with the idols of Egypt: I am the LORD your God. But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.” (Ezekiel 20:7-8)

Reactions: amigo de christo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to love horror movies. My favorite was Nightmare On Elm Street when I was much younger. I’d probably just laugh if I saw it now. I also liked M. Night shaymalan. Somewhere along the way I lost interest in them but I still like Marvel comics movies, mostly not the newer ones so much, although I think a few of them have been good. The last horror movie I watched was A Quiet Place, I liked it. I saw a sacrifice to save others in it.

I pretty much like any good vs. evil theme. And I watch secular movies and see our story in them. You can’t write a love story without a sacrifice. If it doesn’t have a sacrifice, it’s not a love story. And action adventure has to have good vs. evil. So I can pretty much see our story in just about any of them.

My niece has been haranguing me for a few years to watch Stranger Things, so I finally started it a few days ago. I’ve had it playing while I’m working on some furniture. I keep it playing in the background. It’s pretty silly, but I do like the theme of the kids joining together to fight evil. I think I suspected at first it was about the Hadron Collider, but that’s not the way it’s gone. Evil scientists messing with stuff they shouldn’t is pretty much the theme. That’s a timely theme, for sure!

Reactions: Nancy