Are there applicable, realistic scriptures for emotional breakdowns?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 126:5-6 NKJV — Those who sow in tears
Shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping,
Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
Bringing his sheaves with him.

I want to share a sermon that the Lord used to help me more with overwhelming sorrow than anything else I've experienced. This was one of the most powerful revelations I can remember. I pray He might use it to encourage some others here who are dealing with overwhelming emotion right.now:

The power of sorrow: part 1

Part 2:

Lord Jesus, if any here are drawn to listen to the Revelation You reveal in those videos, I ask You to manifest Your presence with them as they listen. Please reveal Yourself in our sorrows and pains, and give birth in each one...the miraculous. Amen

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 126:5-6 NKJV — Those who sow in tears
Shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping,
Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
Bringing his sheaves with him.

I want to share a sermon that the Lord used to help me more with overwhelming sorrow than anything else I've experienced. This was one of the most powerful revelations I can remember. I pray He might use it to encourage some others here who are dealing with overwhelming emotion right.now:

The power of sorrow: part 1

Part 2:

Lord Jesus, if any here are drawn to listen to the Revelation You reveal in those videos, I ask You to manifest Your presence with them as they listen. Please reveal Yourself in our sorrows and pains, and give birth in each one...the miraculous. Amen

This is the story of what the Lord has wrought in many of us. When I was dying and shattered into countless pieces, believing that I was an accursed thing in the sight of Jesus Christ, little did I know that Life had only just begun.

"Truly, truly I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." (John 12:24)

Listen to both parts of this wonderful word and you'll be blessed for it. The Lord bless you for sharing this with us all, brother.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really appreciate the responses here and just wanted to say thank you. Sorry I had to disappear for a few days.

I recommend just going through it. I believe that God understands we're human beings with feelings and WANTS us to lean on Him. I think sometimes we are convinced that we shouldn't show any emotion at all because sometimes people train us to be that way by . They stuff it down and they expect you to do the same. Thank God that God isn't like people.

Christ is different and the Bible makes it clear that there is suffering in this time, only for a moment, but there is suffering.

I tried too hard to stuff things down and tried really hard to keep myself busy, but apparently I had enough. While I was away, I had a real "psychotic" breakdown or something ... Not really sure what to call it, but it was terrifying after. I'm not going to say what happened, but I lost my sanity and scared myself after. I don't remember the whole thing anyway. Sort of blacked out.

I had never had an episode in the first place or anything that severe but without God's help, I wouldn't be able to keep going at all. That's the first time I really realized how dangerous stress is.

Welcome to the forum, @Shattered

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really appreciate the responses here and just wanted to say thank you. Sorry I had to disappear for a few days.

I recommend just going through it. I believe that God understands we're human beings with feelings and WANTS us to lean on Him. I think sometimes we are convinced that we shouldn't show any emotion at all because sometimes people train us to be that way by . They stuff it down and they expect you to do the same. Thank God that God isn't like people.

Christ is different and the Bible makes it clear that there is suffering in this time, only for a moment, but there is suffering.

I tried too hard to stuff things down and tried really hard to keep myself busy, but apparently I had enough. While I was away, I had a real "psychotic" breakdown or something ... Not really sure what to call it, but it was terrifying after. I'm not going to say what happened, but I lost my sanity and scared myself after. I don't remember the whole thing anyway. Sort of blacked out.

I had never had an episode in the first place or anything that severe but without God's help, I wouldn't be able to keep going at all. That's the first time I really realized how dangerous stress is.

Welcome to the forum, @Shattered

Praying for you, sister. Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, we suffer for only a little while.

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. (1 Peter 5:10)