Banned from ChristianForums (CF)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree. That would be a serious problem. People vary from person to person, and to reject anyone based merely on their denominational affiliation would be a sin in my book.

Well that just goes to show how 'out of it I have been'.
When new people join the site, I do tend to watch their first few posts to see 'where they fit' ...
In my mind I have been seeing this Site as divided between Catholic, non Catholic, Spirit filled and non Spirit filled. But I guest, except for the few dominant JW's who either left or were banded...I haven't ever wondered what kind of church or denominational belief some people have. Hmmmm

Maybe that is why Enoch111 Or whatever his name is , is always on my case if I reply to him. :D I never thought of that.
I don't believe in divisions and denominations...I just see those that are seers and those who are still blind ( what some call unsaved) :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You apparently have not read all of my posts on even this forum. I hold or at least lean toward some quite unorthodox beliefs according the mainstream Christianity. When I simply consider "out loud" my thoughts on the Bride of Christ as opposed to the Church, the trinity, the devil, hell, eternal torment, heaven and probably a few others, someone who only listens to and only follows what some man in a supposedly righteous position has taught him would come down hard on me... Is the truth black and white or is what God says it is? Where is the truth written? Who is able to understand the writing and how? Etcetera?

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

As Pontius Pilate put it: What is truth?

I agree, me too...I know you and I see some things differently ...when either of us are honest in what we believe...people are so quick in pointing and crying heresy !! While they never consider that as we look at what they have swallowed through mainstream tradition as it has been fed to them ..to us , it is heresy. :D

But my confidence is in the knowledge that when we each stand before the Lord..we will not check each man's doctrine...but their heart and what they have done with love.
No man yet has been able to show me a scripture which says that when we all stand before Father God , it will be our doctrine that will be judged and weighed. And our doctrine which He is interested in.

Yes in deed, as you say...what is Truth? :)

Reactions: amadeus

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that just goes to show how 'out of it I have been'.
When new people join the site, I do tend to watch their first few posts to see 'where they fit' ...
In my mind I have been seeing this Site as divided between Catholic, non Catholic, Spirit filled and non Spirit filled. But I guest, except for the few dominant JW's who either left or were banded...I haven't ever wondered what kind of church or denominational belief some people have. Hmmmm

Maybe that is why Enoch111 Or whatever his name is , is always on my case if I reply to him. :D I never thought of that.
I don't believe in divisions and denominations...I just see those that are seers and those who are still blind ( what some call unsaved) :)

:) I view it this way, and if you take this to heart you may find it a blessing as well. I believe all Christians, no matter what denomination, are called to be vessels of God through whom the Spirit of God speaks. But how that works out in day to day life is a hit and miss affair. One minute a person can be speaking genuine truth from the word of God, and genuine words of insight through the leading of the Holy Spirit within him (or her). But the next minute, if they've swallowed bad teaching in the past that they still hold onto, or if they begin to entertain a false spirit, they can begin teaching garbage. This even happens in the pulpit, with a preacher switching between speaking truth one minute to speaking lies the next, and back and forth again in the course of a single sermon. So the trick is just to listen for the Spirit of God Himself, and reject whatever is not of him, from moment to moment and not just person to person.

So I always try to keep my ears open for what someone has to say (unless they've absolutely turned me off). You never know when the Spirit of God might actually use someone you normally don't get a thing from. I remember listening to a particular Christian radio station at work for years, and NEVER got anything good from this one particular preacher. Every day at a certain time it was, "Oh God. Here he comes..." But then one day the message was not only accurate but spoke to my life in a very powerful way. I almost fell out of my seat! It was like, "Dear... Lord! Somebody record the date! Brother so-and-so just Rang the Bell! Glory to God Almighty in the Highest!!!" :p

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, me too...I know you and I see some things differently ...when either of us are honest in what we believe...people are so quick in pointing and crying heresy !! While they never consider that as we look at what they have swallowed through mainstream tradition as it has been fed to them ..to us , it is heresy. :D
Me, the heretic? Yes, certainly according to some. I shy away from calling a person a heretic just because we disagree. I have changed or been changed in my beliefs too many times over the years to not give others the benefit of keeping an open mind or heart.

But my confidence is in the knowledge that when we each stand before the Lord..we will not check each man's doctrine...but their heart and what they have done with love.
No man yet has been able to show me a scripture which says that when we all stand before Father God , it will be our doctrine that will be judged and weighed. And our doctrine which He is interested in.

Yes in deed, as you say...what is Truth? :)
I really believe that even people with seemingly opposed doctrines may each still be found pleasing in the eyes of God. What is in the heart really is much more important than specific doctrinal positions. We are walking along the road toward God [highway of holiness], but we are not at the same place on that road. We are unable to judge a person based on what he is or is not doing according to his place on the road and according to what God has given him to make his way. God is able to judge and He does and He does it always fairly. Who else can?

Reactions: Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) I view it this way, and if you take this to heart you may find it a blessing as well. I believe all Christians, no matter what denomination, are called to be vessels of God through whom the Spirit of God speaks. But how that works out in day to day life is a hit and miss affair. One minute a person can be speaking genuine truth from the word of God, and genuine words of insight through the leading of the Holy Spirit within him (or her). But the next minute, if they've swallowed bad teaching in the past that they still hold onto, or if they begin to entertain a false spirit, they can begin teaching garbage. This even happens in the pulpit, with a preacher switching between speaking truth one minute to speaking lies the next, and back and forth again in the course of a single sermon. So the trick is just to listen for the Spirit of God Himself, and reject whatever is not of him, from moment to moment and not just person to person.

So I always try to keep my ears open for what someone has to say (unless they've absolutely turned me off). You never know when the Spirit of God might actually use someone you normally don't get a thing from. I remember listening to a particular Christian radio station at work for years, and NEVER got anything good from this one particular preacher. Every day at a certain time it was, "Oh God. Here he comes..." But then one day the message was not only accurate but spoke to my life in a very powerful way. I almost fell out of my seat! It was like, "Dear... Lord! Somebody record the date! Brother so-and-so just Rang the Bell! Glory to God Almighty in the Highest!!!" :p
What I try to do is return each day to the bottom or to the "lowest room" [ see Luke 14:8-11 ]and seat myself accordingly as I walk with Him. If I need to be lifted up to higher seat, will He not then redirect me or lift me up? What we do then is retain our love of truth even if we cannot always define in precise detail just what that truth really is. This way with God's help we are able to avoid being found in a delusion.

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Me, the heretic? Yes, certainly according to some. I shy away from calling a person a heretic just because we disagree. I have changed or been changed in my beliefs too many times over the years to not give others the benefit of keeping an open mind or heart.

As you know..I have been called that so many times. Mainly for my stand on UR .... that is one I hold strongly...like you, many things I 'hold lightly' if I have not had divine conformation in what I believe I am seeing in the word. Once God speaks in confirmation to me, then I am firm..the rest? I hold lightly but I do still hold it.

I have trouble with people who say- " That is what that scripture says.." period.
My answer is always .."To you, but to me".

I really believe that even people with seemingly opposed doctrines may each still be found pleasing in the eyes of God. What is in the heart really is much more important than specific doctrinal positions. We are walking along the road toward God [highway of holiness], but we are not at the same place on that road. We are unable to judge a person based on what he is or is not doing according to his place on the road and according to what God has given him to make his way. God is able to judge and He does and He does it always fairly. Who else can?

I agree ( in the bold above)...but I am finding out more and more...not everyone agrees, they see those who don't hold what they hold..as dangerous and need quietening.

Lovely...good post John .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you know..I have been called that so many times. Mainly for my stand on UR .... that is one I hold strongly...like you, many things I 'hold lightly' if I have not had divine conformation in what I believe I am seeing in the word. Once God speaks in confirmation to me, then I am firm..the rest? I hold lightly but I do still hold it.

I have trouble with people who say- " That is what that scripture says.." period.
My answer is always .."To you, but to me".
What we believe and how we act should be according to our communication with God. You know that I disagree with your UR stand, but I have respect it and can certainly see the scriptural support for it. The first person I met who favored UR was "Peggy" on T2O even before I met you. She, like you, was certain in in her belief but did not press hard with a "my way or the highway" stand.

I agree ( in the bold above)...but I am finding out more and more...not everyone agrees, they see those who don't hold what they hold..as dangerous and need quietening.

Lovely...good post John .

People many times get very strong in their support for their doctrines, their church or their denomination and allow little or even no leeway for others who stand differently. They think that we must move toward them or consider not that maybe it is they who should be moving toward us. Actually, it really should be all of us moving toward God. Our pathways at times will coincide or at time conflict... or at least they will seem to... but we are not all the same. We have different experiences in the carnal and in the spiritual. We have different callings from God. We must walk where He wants us to walk in order to please Him. Too often some are too insistent that we must coincide with them precisely in every way. That is not what the scripture, as I understand it, teaches.

But having said all of that I again go back to what Solomom wrote as I often do:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

"... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7
To know which time applies to me at any moment requires me to have "ears to hear" what God is saying and then to be obedient.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am gonna head over to CF.......any guesses on how quickly I will be banned for doctrinal opinion? I am going for the record......

Reactions: Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am gonna head over to CF.......any guesses on how quickly I will be banned for doctrinal opinion? I am going for the record......

May the force be with you! (You'll need it).

y4jDBW.gif

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm...their rules seem pretty similiar to this forum - I guess I agree with them on their adherence to the Nicene Creed. Perhaps they have moderators that do not follow their own rules and ban everyone according to their standards. In any case, i think it would take more than doctrinal disagreement on my part to get banned. They even accept SDA (nontrinitarian) and Salvation Army (nonsacramental - including baptism).

I am Trinitarian and I accept the Nicene Creed.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Haha! Best of luck. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!... getting to the heart of it now. There has to be a place where this can happen, Heart2Soul. There HAS to be. And God will make a way.

Blessings to you, my sister. This was a very insightful post.

Same here. I think that's the proper way to handle it.

I am the same way. I have gone on a bit more often, because Ive been interested in the dream forum, but I like the discussions far better over here...

Reactions: Hidden In Him

soulspark

Jul 29, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been accused of four things on CF....

1. Prayer - I was accused of excorcising spirits back when I used to pray for people.
2. End Times -I was accused of date picking when going along with Isaac Newton
3. Problems - I was accused of contempt of Christianity for bringing up problems in the church
4. Politics - I inserted a Pat Robertson video supported Donald Trump and was warned about that.

Three strikes on CF and your out! They could have got me before the fourth one. I told them that I had too many people against me over there and was not going to fight it.
I'm sorry that you were banned, but forgive them (They do not know what they do)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's what I said to the atheist when I got my hand slapped.
I enjoyed saying it.

"is this really a picture of you?
Or are you uglier?
The way you talk, you sound uglier, if that were possible."

Well Rudolpho-not every one can be as good looking as you, sheesh!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been a member of CF since 2006...
I've been a member there for many years, but haven't posted anything in a very long time. If it is the one I am remembering correctly, way back when, they changed management and rules. Because I would not embrace their new "statement of faith" they demoted me to a non-Christian. It limited where and what I could post. I looked for new places to visit online.