Being good to others is it sinlessness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

julienaboufadel999

Apr 6, 2023
Achrafieh
Faith
Christian
Country
Lebanon
Hello everyone i have come upon on the bible that we should love our enemies and be good to others does that mean we should do sinlessness towards others and not practice any sin toward other people.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hello everyone i have come upon on the bible that we should love our enemies and be good to others does that mean we should do sinlessness towards others and not practice any sin toward other people.
Yes, if you do not cause anyone to stumble, you fulfill the whole law and therefore you do not sin.

Romans 13:8-10 KJV
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. [9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:14 KJV
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Reactions: Lambano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's called loving your neighbour as yourself and also loving your enemies - just as Jesus taught us.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A gentile who was getting a little frustrated trying to understand Judaism once asked the great rabbi Hillel, "Teach me the Torah while standing on one foot!" Rabbi Hillel answered, "That which you find hateful yourself, do not do to your neighbor. The rest is just commentary. Now go study!" (The Talmud doesn't say if Rabbi Hillel stood up on one foot at the time.)

Or, as another rabbi would teach a generation later, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". (Luke 6:31.)

Reactions: Pearl

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least, that's the ideal. But life is complicated. Actions have consequences, and Christ Jesus will hold us accountable for the moral choices we make in this life.

Reactions: marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I think you understand correctly:

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
We do not 'do sinlessness'. We are either sinless or sinful, so that we do what we are within. We are commanded to love and do good to our neighbors.

However, in the Bible not sinning against others begins with God and ourselves. Adam and Eve only had God to sin against, and they died. The Bible teaches that sinning against God is how we kill our own souls by separating ourselves from the Spirit of God. It's spiritual suicide.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

The fear of a king is as the roaring of a lion: whoso provoketh him to anger sinneth against his own soul.

That is why the first commandment is to love God with all the heart. By loving God with the heart, we love our own souls. By sinning against God with the heart and body, we hate and kill our own souls.

With the Bible, it's not just about not doing evil, but is about doing good. We must repent of doing wrong, but only so that we can now do good.

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Yes, if you do not cause anyone to stumble, you fulfill the whole law and therefore you do not sin.

The first rule of Satanism is to do no harm to others.

Romans 13:8-10 KJV
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. [9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:14 KJV
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Not transgressing the law is good, but with God in the Bible, that is only the first principle of Christ to repent from dead works.

Also, not sinning against man begins with not sinning against God and our own souls. The law is not transgressed in verses 9-10, but the law is only fulfilled in verse 14 by doing good with God and man.

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

The salvation and sanctification of Jesus Christ is not just stopping the sinning against God and man, but goes on to be justified by doing good.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Jesus goes on to say that even after keeping all His commandments and not transgressing His law, we are not profitable to God without doing good where no law commands it. (Luke 17:10)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes only in christ.

While the flesh is a slave to sin.
The Spirit of Christ in a born again believer, does not sin.

There is information on putting away the conduct of the members (colossians), and putting on the new man or woman (ephesians), and walking in faith in step with the spirit (Galatians)(1 corinthians 13)