Being honest:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After all that I have heard about salvation I find a truth; if I am saved from all the things in this world except my sinful nature, then there is no way I can be saved.

I think I live a fairly good life. I try to be merciful, fair, helpful to others. But I cannot fool myself into thinking I am not sinful.

Nor can I think, as others seem to think, that I am getting better and better as I go through life. I feel that many think they are but the truth is that they have learned that the consequences are not worth it.

But I am completely persuaded that Jesus came into the world and died on a cross so that I can be a child of God in spite of the fact that I still sin.

1 Tim 1:14-17

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.
17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
NKJV

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and marks

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But I am completely persuaded that Jesus came into the world and died on a cross so that I can be a child of God in spite of the fact that I still sin.

15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
Amen.
NKJV

That is the whole point, Jesus knew what I would be like, yet he still came to die and rise again so that I might be saved.
Knowing how sinful I am he still loves me and you.
This is the love that Paul wrote about that is beyound human comprehession and we are to know this unimaginably love.

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After all that I have heard about salvation I find a truth; if I am saved from all the things in this world except my sinful nature, then there is no way I can be saved.
You need to make up your mind, since those two statements contradict each other.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 5:17, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Heb 10:10, By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, let's be honest.

Who commits sins? Anyone? Some acknowledge it. I do. Do you?

If you say "No, I don't commit sins, ever", I won't believe you.

So, to those who acknowledge that they commit sins, are you born again?

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

How can this be?

It is!

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John may indeed be using hyperbole in his statement in 1 John 3:9, so that he is in effect saying, that if anyone is in Christ, the direction of his life has changed, from walking towards sin, death, and hell, to walking towards righteousness, life, and heaven.

I, for one, do not believe that when a man crosses over the boundary of the land of sin into the land of righteousness that he necessarily has to die and go on to be with the Lord at that moment.

We are walking in a new direction, away from sin, as believers. If we mess up here or there, we can get up and keep walking in that direction.

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John may indeed be using hyperbole in his statement in 1 John 3:9, so that he is in effect saying, that if anyone is in Christ, the direction of his life has changed, from walking towards sin, death, and hell, to walking towards righteousness, life, and heaven.

I, for one, do not believe that when a man crosses over the boundary of the land of sin into the land of righteousness that he necessarily has to die and go on to be with the Lord at that moment.

We are walking in a new direction, away from sin, as believers. If we mess up here or there, we can get up and keep walking in that direction.

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

What if God meant what He said.

Didn't He say it a lot? Think of the implications!

Much love!
Mark

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, let's be honest.

Who commits sins? Anyone? Some acknowledge it. I do. Do you?

If you say "No, I don't commit sins, ever", I won't believe you.

So, to those who acknowledge that they commit sins, are you born again?

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

How can this be?

It is!

Much love!

1 John 3:9 (NASB)
No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

It must be asked, who can be said to be “born of God”?

It can’t be the fallen nature for it was not “born of God”.

So it must be talking about the Divine Nature in the new creation that was brought to birth at the time of salvation. For the Divine Nature is that that sins not. So to the degree this Divine Nature controls or rules in a life to that degree would the life be free from sin.

(my thinks)

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think that He did, indeed, mean what He said.

However, some people have to be given it gently, eased into the truth of what God can do for them.

I think that Romans 4:5 speaks on the issue well. We are declared righteous even though we are ungodly, our identity in Christ is that we are righteous even when we blow it. So now, go and live like you have the identity that the Lord has given you. 1 John 3:7.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was Catholic,,,, I was always going to the bad place,,,, hell......

The teaching back then was not good ! Maybe it was just the church I went to ?

My parents grew up out of the U.S. So they may be OK ? I do not know . They are gone, now !!
Before I got saved.

Since I got saved after they were all gone . Now , Going to a Bible Church ......
My relatives, all seemed to be Catholic also , and went to a different catholic church.
They may have all been saved ? I do not know. But my C. Church did not make me feel saved.
And I have a friend who I talked into coming to church with me , [as children ] since she did not go to
any church. And I am still wondering if she is now saved..... She does not want to talk about
this, which I did not either back then ! And now we live a distance apart and only write to
each other. And she does not want to talk about religion or church.

Eph.2;

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think I live a fairly good life. I try to be merciful, fair, helpful to others. But I cannot fool myself into thinking I am not sinful.

Nor can I think, as others seem to think, that I am getting better and better as I go through life. I feel that many think they are but the truth is that they have learned that the consequences are not worth it.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.
16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.
17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
NKJV

We are saved because Jesus gives us His Spirit, washing our soul and making our spirit new. And the Spirit is a "downpayment" and "Promise" that God will also redeem our sinful bodies, delivering us from our bodies of sin and death. So we are both "saved" now since we have the Spirit and we are "being saved" since the Spirit is leading us, and in Hope, we are looking forward to our total Salvation as we have the Living Hope in ourselves that when Christ comes for us, we will be free of these bodies of sin and death.

Reactions: H. Richard

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Mark
Yeah, nobody could ever live up to that. Ha! And yet, 1 John 2:1,2 " My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin,we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 8:23 the redemption of the body is defined as the adoption.

In Galatians 4:5-7 we find that the adoption is yet past for the Galatian believers.

Scriptures that also bear mentioning: Hebrews 9:13b-14a, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24.

re #11.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, nobody could ever live up to that. Ha! And yet, 1 John 2:1,2 " My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin,we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Hi Nancy,

I think this passage gives the right idea. A life primarily without sin which is God's intention for us, such sins as are committed gone as soon as they are over. That we not sin, and if we do, Jesus is there for us.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does the Lord wait until after we're dead to give us a life that is free from the practice of sin?

What is He trying to teach us by allowing us to stay in bondage until we pass on into the next life?

I am asking these as rhetorical questions; because of course I believe personally that He is able to grant to us freedom and victory even in this life.