• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No kidding I hav a friend who teh Lord has being teaching genisis for nearly 40 years and hasnt finished chapter 1.
That fits with the rest of your posts - like having a broken truck that never makes it across town ? (not finishing )
False teachers/ false teachings might make such or much over nothing, never coming to knowledge of the truth - always studying and never learning, never coming to knowledge of the truth, as written in Scripture.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, not again.
Jesus never changed.
His Word never changed.
Those who oppose Him or do not believe in Him did not change (unless someone repented) .

i.e. things are still today as they were yesterday and last year - what was serious gross unbiblical error in any time in the past is still serious gross unbiblical error today, and will be serious gross unbiblical error for which one is judged on judgment day, unless repentance is permitted and accomplished.
You mean God never changed, but His word became flesh, and so we have Christ. its in your bible.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That fits with the rest of your posts - like having a broken truck that never makes it across town ? (not finishing )
False teachers/ false teachings might make such or much over nothing, never coming to knowledge of the truth - always studying and never learning, never coming to knowledge of the truth, as written in Scripture.
We are not talking about mens teaching nor wisdom nor mens understanding thats why so few know God

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, not again.
Jesus never changed.
His Word never changed.
Those who oppose Him or do not believe in Him did not change (unless someone repented) .

Opposing Jesus seems to be your ministry.

Do you believe that you can lose your salvation?
Do you believe that "water baptism" has regenerated you and forgiven your sin?
Do you believe you are a "saved sinner" ?
You oppose the truth that you can stop sinning, or you would not be on my Thread denying it.
This proves that you are not willing to stop sinning, or you just dont want to stop.
Which is it, joseph77?
So, Show us just how far you are from what Paul teaches.
Ive looked at you, and i know what you are, but the others here, give them a little more ...
Answer my questions, if you are not too afraid to reveal what you really are..... in Public.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messianic Jews are very much involved with what Paul said is : "My Gospel".
This is the Gospel of the Grace of God as defined as "justification by Faith".
Beit Asaph meetings are on Fri or Sat @ 10:30a
Im not a pastor, im an evangelist who teaches and does music.
Older Bro is a Pastor, younger bro is a Missionary.

That would be the same as here.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no sin "in Christ".
You are , if you are born again, "in Christ".
If you're not, then see yourself as a sinner.
You decide.

I do not see myself as a sinner, in that as one who is born of God and who abides in Christ, I "do not" and "cannot" sin (1 John 3:9); and I also "sin not" (1 John 3:6).

But under another definition of sinner, there isn't one of us who isn't a sinner (see 1 Timothy 1:15).

For all of us have indwelling sin. If we deny this fact of scripture, it is because we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:8).

So then, we are all sinners in that we all have indwelling sin; and if we are born of God we are not sinners in that we do not commit sin in the practical sense; while the element of sin continues to indwell our mortal bodies.

This is because the element of sin can be rendered dead within us (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I

But under another definition of sinner, there isn't one of us who isn't a sinner (see 1 Timothy 1:15).

Read your verse again.
It says that Jesus came into the world to save "sinners".
That is exactly true. And until He did, you are a sinner.
After He saved you, you are not.
You are the righteousness of God In Christ.
God redefined you as a "new creation".
A "Saint".
Saints are NOT sinners.
Unbelievers are sinners.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read your verse again.
It says that Jesus came into the world to save "sinners".
That is exactly true. And until He did, you are a sinner.
After He saved you, you are not.
You are the righteousness of God In Christ.
God redefined you as a "new creation".
A "Saint".
Saints are NOT sinners.
Unbelievers are sinners.
In 1 Timothy 1:15, Paul sets forth a trustworthy saying and worthy of all acceptation (that each one of us is to adopt for ourselves) that "I" am the chief of sinners.

Also, 1 Timothy 1:15 was not the whole of my argument.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In 1 Timothy 1:15, Paul sets forth a trustworthy saying and worthy of all acceptation (that each one of us is to adopt for ourselves) that "I" am the chief of sinners.

And all heretics use that verse, and do not read the rest of the Chapter, which explains that he's not sinning and has VICTORY,
So the abuse of this verse, in this way, is one of the ways you can spot a heretic.

See, you read this verse as...>"i paul am the still sinning chief". But he's not saying or teaching that he sins.
You dont know this because you dont study the word.
You just enjoy posting colorful verses that you can't discern.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And all heretics use that verse, and do not read the rest of the Chapter, which explains that he's not sinning and has VICTORY,
So the abuse of this verse, in this way, is one of the ways you can spot a heretic.

See, you read this verse as...>"i paul am the still sinning chief". But he's not saying or teaching that he sins.
You dont know this because you dont study the word.
You just enjoy posting colorful verses that you can't discern.
Yes, I know....anyone who doesn't agree with you is a heretic....

And they also use specific Bible verses to prove their points (which apparently are not inspired by the Holy Ghost).

btw, I did not quote that verse as if to say that Paul is saying by it that he still sins.

I quoted it to say that Paul is declaring that he, as well as everyone who will faithfully adopt that saying, all have indwelling sin.

I think that you have not paid attention to my posts because you are too intent on spreading your own doctrine.

If you had paid attention to them, you would know that I believe that we all have indwelling sin; but that this does not translate into us being in bondage to sinning.

And if you had read my posts (some of them have been direct responses to your own) you would also know how this operates.