• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am becoming more convinced the problem is certainty, rather than security in Christ.
Oh so certainty is not Security, If I am secure than I must be sure,

It is like saying I love you to ones wife and then upsetting her deeply about something she cares about and it does not matter. Clearly the words are just a way of buying someone off and are not real. God is not mocked, but many will come saying Lord Lord...

But you see, all you do is than as many do come add some obscure thing to justify the lie, Are you saved or are you not, Did Jesus die for your sins or did He not, is it finished and complete or did Jesus only do half the work. Which is it.??

The best we can do is shine Jesus from our hearts and bring His love to other peoples lives

On that I agree

The more I hear from you you hold simply you are saved and Jesus has done everything.

What Hasnt He??? We have but one work, Believe.

I have met many universalists who think sin is no longer an issue,

It is to you obviously but apparently not to Him. What was it Saul said after murdering all those Christians.

Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I get to know Christ better every day by reading His love letter to me; and I did answer your question.
As I said before wouldnt you rather your Husband left out in the cold knocking on the door waiting to be let in. As teh bible says

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

You see what that first line says, because they dont believe Him they search the scriptures but never go to Him still the same today.

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
Mat 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth,

You obviously read the scriptures in order to be able to quote them to make your points.

I could say to you what you have said to me, that you are unwilling to come to Christ in order that you may have life.

And when you say it to me, it does not have any weight to it; because I do have a relationship with Christ.

I confess Him as my Lord and Saviour.

I spoke to Him even in my dreams last night; and He also spoke to me.

That a man reads his Bible on a regular basis in no way means that he doesn't have a relationship with Christ. In fact, he is more likely to have a relationship; since these are they which testify of Him.

In order for people to come to know Christ, it is important that there be a preacher (Romans 10:13-15); and the subject of most preaching, last time I checked, is the word of God (2 Timothy 4:2).

Reactions: Joseph77

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In order for people to come to know Christ, it is important that there be a preacher (Romans 10:13-15); and the subject of most preaching, last time I checked, is the word of God (2 Timothy 4:2).

God doesnt need a preacher to bring one to Himself, He just needs a willing heart.

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

I quote scripture because christians dont believe God, they only seek after the bible, knowledge, You said once I believe that you are a minister, that makes it doubly hard.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesnt need a preacher to bring one to Himself, He just needs a willing heart.

Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14, How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15, And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

The reality is, that the Holy Spirit draws men to Jesus through the preaching of the gospel message; because man is not inclined to come to the Lord on his own; for he is dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1, 2 Corinthians 5:14, Romans 3:10-18).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14, How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15, And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

The reality is, that the Holy Spirit draws men to Jesus through the preaching of the gospel message; because man is not inclined to come to the Lord on his own; for he is dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1, 2 Corinthians 5:14, Romans 3:10-18).
Oh so blind, that is you denying Gods power and authority and giving it all to men. It is no wonder christianity is such a mess.

2Ti_3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

God doesnt need men, just one willing to listen of which there are few.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so blind, that is you denying Gods power and authority and giving it all to men. It is no wonder christianity is such a mess.

2Ti_3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

God doesnt need men, just one willing to listen of which there are few.
If He is calling you to preach and you are neglecting that because of this ideology, you will surely be accountable for the souls that do not enter in to the kingdom because you failed to preach to them.

Most certainly, God can apprehend someone with a dream, or a drug trip, or by any means He desires to use; but the primary method that He uses is the preaching of the gospel message. That is His chosen venue.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Most certainly, God can apprehend someone with a dream, or a drug trip, or by any means He desires to use; but the primary method that He uses is the preaching of the gospel message. That is His chosen venue.
Gospel or bible, and who is called, was it Christ, did He call you, or was it bible college, how can one go if one hasnt being sent, and who is it that sends, is it not Christ,?? If the "church" was doing its job and leading people to Christ the pews would be empty because they would all be in Him and have no need for man, so obviously something is wrong.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gospel or bible, and who is called, was it Christ, did He call you, or was it bible college, how can one go if one hasnt being sent, and who is it that sends, is it not Christ,?? If the "church" was doing its job and leading people to Christ the pews would be empty because they would all be in Him and have no need for man, so obviously something is wrong.

No; for God has ordained ministers to edify the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12).

And, in order for them to minister, the body has to be gathered together (Hebrews 10:25).

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No; for God has ordained ministers to edify the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12).

And, in order for the to minister, the body has to be gathered together (Hebrews 10:25).
When we are in Christ in the Spirit we are always together, you think too worldly. Bu than a mister without a church has noting one who is in Christ has everything.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are in Christ in the Spirit we are always together, you think too worldly. Bu than a mister without a church has noting one who is in Christ has everything.
Maybe you had better edit your post so that it is intelligible.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you had better edit your post so that it is intelligible.
It apparently would only make things worse - if it was 'intelligible' more people might fall for it , for all the wrong reasons, instead of listening to the Good Shepherd, our Lord and Savior , Jesus, God above all Gods, Name above all Names.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law that is written on the heart and mind of the believer (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4) is in fact the law as it has been changed (Hebrews 7:12) so that it is according to the spirit rather than the letter (Romans 7:6, 2 Corinthians 3:6).

This law is love (Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

Yes, it is Love. So which of the two covenant commandments best represents the eternal law of LOVE God with all your heart, soul and body, and love your neighbor as yourself.

New Covenant Commandments:
1 John 3:23
And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Old covenant Commandments:
Exodus 20
And God spoke all these words, saying:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you the facts.
You and I are, for weeks, talking about Christians who define themselves as sinners.
You are on 15 of my Threads or more, debating this topic.
So, your question, "did you ever repent", ...I read it, as "since you say you dont sin, did you ever repent".
Thats the reality.
My answer, was in context to 2 weeks of discussions, where i have stated many times that im in Christ and there is no sin there, and i dont repent.
So, had you asked me....."behold, what about when you were saved"... "did you repent".
But you didnt put that context on the question. You posted it in a Thread where we are discussing sinning Saints...
So, i answered it, according to the way i understood that you meant it.
Dont believe me? Not a problem.

Now post some of your "gnostic study" that you say is my Theology.
Still waiting.....

In Israel is there a particular denomination that you belong to, or have you made up your own? Are you Calvinist?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It apparently would only make things worse - if it was 'intelligible' more people might fall for it , for all the wrong reasons, instead of listening to the Good Shepherd, our Lord and Savior , Jesus, God above all Gods, Name above all Names.
Well at least you got the Shepherd part right, seems not to many listening to Him

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Look i like your posts but you do ramble on,
Christ just isnt that complicated, our flesh is not perfect and while we exist on the world we are not perfect, what we are in heaven is another story.
In this flesh we get old, we suffer pain, we hurt, we laugh, we cry, we rejoice, and we will make mistakes, and that is all covered for by what Christ did,

My Thread isn't about "Christ".
So, what are you talking about?
My Thread's of which there are about 30 of them, basically are teaching that if you don't understand your position in Christ, you will "see yourself as a saved sinner", which is exactly how God does not evaluate you, at all.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In Israel is there a particular denomination that you belong to, or have you made up your own? Are you Calvinist?

I teach Pauline Theology. He didn't "make it up", so, you can figure that out.
In Israel = Messianic Church.
This church service is a bit different then what you find in the States, as there is often more then one speaker.
If you do not speak Hebrew, you wear headphones and an interpreter interprets the service while you listen and watch. This interpretation is usually in english.
There is also a break during the service. This allows the congregation to hang out and fellowship for a while.
Some have coffee, have a dessert, and just fellowship. This lasts for 30-45 mins, then we reassemble and have more "church".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My Thread isn't about "Christ".
So, what are you talking about?
My Thread's of which there are about 30 of them, basically are teaching that if you don't understand your position in Christ, you will "see yourself as a saved sinner", which is exactly how God does not evaluate you, at all.
I know how He sees, that is why im not concerned, most people wont read long posts , and as I said Jesus is not that complicated, what takes us 2 pages Jesus can do in one line if we will but let Him.