Book of Ezekiel, Written To Christ's Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Ezekiel is mainly written to the ten tribe "house of Israel". By that, it means God gave Ezekiel to speak also to Christ's Church. How?

This must first be understood per Bible prophecy:

1. Per 1 Kings 11, God split old Israel into 2 separate kingdoms in the days of Solomon's son Rehoboam of the house of David. Rehoboam of Judah became king over the "house of Judah", only the tribe of Benjamin joined with Judah there at Jerusalem-Judea, in the south. These later then became pointed to as the "house of Judah", or "kingdom of Judah", or just as "Jerusalem", or as just "Judah", or as "Jews".
2. Per 1 Kings 11, God then made Jeroboam, of the tribe of Ephraim, king over the ten tribes that dwelt in the north, their capital at Samaria. These later became called "house of Israel", or "kingdom of Israel", or "Israel", or "Samaria", or "Ephraim", or "Joseph".
3. the two separate kingdoms had war against each other.
4. God brought the kings of Assyria upon the northern ten tribe kingdom first, because of their fall into idol worship by king Jeroboam's doing. All the ten northern tribes of Israel were removed captive to Assyria and the lands of the Medes. Only the "house of Judah" remained in the land.
5. Then about 120 later, God brought Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, upon the southern kingdom of the "house of Judah" (Jews), and took them captive to Babylon for 70 years (time of Daniel the prophet).

During Judah's captivity to Babylon, the prophet Ezekiel was there at Babylon. The captive ten tribes were located about 45 miles north of Babylon, and this is where God sent Ezekiel to speak to the "house of Israel".

Ezek 3:1-5
1 Moreover He said unto me, "Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel."
2 So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that roll.
3 And He said unto me, "Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee." Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.
4 And He said unto me, "Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with My words unto them.
5 For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel;
KJV

Again, it's important to remember, that at this period in Israel's history, God had already separated old Israel into two separate 'houses', or kingdoms, and both were in captivity here, but not together. The "house of Israel" at this time meant only the ten tribes of Israel.

Ezek 3:17
17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me.

KJV

So how does this relate to Christ's Church? I'm getting there...

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Per the Book of Hosea, God showed He would scatter the ten tribe "house of Israel", end their northern kingdom, and scatter them. He said there He would not do this to Judah which was the kingdom of Judah that dwelt in the south at that time.

But God also said through Hosea He would scatter the ten tribes into the wilderness, hedge up their paths, take away their old heritage as part of Israel, but in the wilderness speak to them softly, taking the names of Baal out of their mouths, and they would no longer call Him 'Baali', but instead 'Ishi'.

2 Esdras 13
40 Those are the ten tribes, which were carried away prisoners out of their own land in the time of Osea the king, whom Salmanasar the king of Assyria led away captive, and he carried them over the waters, and so came they into another land.
41 But they took this counsel among themselves, that they would leave the multitude of the heathen, and go forth into a further country, where never mankind dwelt,
42 That they might there keep their statutes, which they never kept in their own land.
43 And they entered into Euphrates by the narrow places of the river.
44 For the most High then shewed signs for them, and held still the flood, till they were passed over.
45 For through that country there was a great way to go, namely, of a year and a half: and the same region is called Arsareth.
46 Then dwelt they there until the latter time; and now when they shall begin to come,
(KJVA, which means the Apocrypha included in the original 1st edition 1611 King James Version Bible)

Arsareth (or Arzareth):
The name of the land beyond the great river (Euphrates), far away from the habitation of man, in which the Ten Tribes of Israel will dwell, observing the laws of Moses, until the time of the restoration, according to IV Esd. xiii. 45. Columbus identified America with this land. (See Kayserling's "Christopher Columbus," translated by Dr. C. Gross, p. 15.) (This is from the JewishEncylopedia.com, so the "law of Moses" bent is their addition to the 2 Esdras 13 idea.)

In Romans 9, Apostle Paul quoted from the Book of Hosea to Roman Gentile believers on Christ. It's because God proclaimed this in final for the restoration of the ten tribe house of Israel:

In the Hosea 1, God told Hosea to name his children to represent the rebellion against Him by the house of Israel ten tribes. God then said they would no longer be His people (Lo ami - not my people). In Jeremiah 3:8, God even said He gave "backsliding Israel" (put for the ten tribe house of Israel that fell away first) a "bill of divorce" (spiritually of course, but literally scattered the ten tribes by it.)

Hos 2:14-23
14 Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.
15 And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
16 And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call Me Ishi; and shalt call Me no more Baali.
17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
19 And I will betroth thee unto Me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto Me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20 I will even betroth thee unto Me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;
22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
23 And I will sow her unto Me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not My people, "Thou art My people"; and they shall say, "Thou art my God."

KJV

Apostle Paul in Romans 9 quoted that last verse 23 in Hosea 2 to Gentiles in Christ. That means Paul INCLUDED believing Gentiles among that ten tribe "house of Israel" that was scattered. That Hosea prophecy there is about the time when God would send The Gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations of Asia Minor and Europe. That area was first to accept The Gospel on national scales, becoming the Western Christian nations of Christian history.

That Hosea 2:23 verse thus will apply in final... to Christ's Church of both believing Israelites (especially of the ten scattered tribes of the "house of Israel"), and believing Gentiles. And it's important to remember, at this point in time of Hosea, God was not angry with the southern kingdom of the "house of Judah". They would remain in the land and not be subject to this scattering of the "house of Israel" at this point...

Hos 1:7
7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
KJV

Thus we are realize this Hosea prophecy of God ending the northern ten tribe "kingdom of Israel", or "house of Israel", did not involve the "house of Judah". The final gathering of the "house of Israel" will involve Judah, but not this removal of the ten tribes God is pointing to here through Hosea.

Reactions: Truman

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Ezekiel is mainly written to the ten tribe "house of Israel". By that, it means God gave Ezekiel to speak also to Christ's Church. How?

1. Per 1 Kings 11, God split old Israel into 2 separate kingdoms in the days of Solomon's son Rehoboam of the house of David. Rehoboam of Judah became king over the "house of Judah", only the tribe of Benjamin joined with Judah there at Jerusalem-Judea, in the south. These later then became pointed to as the "house of Judah", or "kingdom of Judah", or just as "Jerusalem", or as just "Judah", or as "Jews".
2. Per 1 Kings 11, God then made Jeroboam, of the tribe of Ephraim, king over the ten tribes that dwelt in the north, their capital at Samaria. These later became called "house of Israel", or "kingdom of Israel", or "Israel", or "Samaria", or "Ephraim", or "Joseph".
4. God brought the kings of Assyria upon the northern ten tribe kingdom first, because of their fall into idol worship by king Jeroboam's doing. All the ten northern tribes of Israel were removed captive to Assyria and the lands of the Medes. Only the "house of Judah" remained in the land.
5. Then about 120 later, God brought Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, upon the southern kingdom of the "house of Judah" (Jews), and took them captive to Babylon for 70 years (time of Daniel the prophet).

During Judah's captivity to Babylon, the prophet Ezekiel was there at Babylon. The captive ten tribes were located about 45 miles north of Babylon, and this is where God sent Ezekiel to speak to the "house of Israel".

1 Moreover He said unto me, "Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel."
3 And He said unto me, "Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee." Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.
4 And He said unto me, "Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with My words unto them.
5 For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel;
KJV

Again, it's important to remember, that at this period in Israel's history, God had already separated old Israel into two separate 'houses', or kingdoms, and both were in captivity here, but not together. The "house of Israel" at this time meant only the ten tribes of Israel.

17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me.

KJV

nope you've got that one wrong. the scriptures are written by and to the children of Israel, unless it addresses gentiles specifically, or a gentile nation by name or patriarch such as Magog for example. and the house is the house of Jacob, Jacob is renamed Israel by the Lord God which includes all of the twelve tribes.

also to prove that is that Jerusalem is in the political land of Judea which is "politically separated for the ten tribes but Ezekiel mentions Jerusalem more that once doesn't he?

Eze_4:1 Thou also, son of man, take thee a tile, and lay it before thee, and pourtray upon it the city,
even Jerusalem:
Eze_4:7 Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it.
Eze_4:16 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care; and they shall drink water by measure, and with astonishment:
Eze_5:5 Thus saith the Lord GOD; This is Jerusalem: I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries that are round about her.
Eze_8:3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.
Eze_9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
Eze_9:8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
Eze_11:15 Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession.
Eze_12:10 Say thou unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; This burden concerneth the prince in Jerusalem, and all the house of Israel that are among them.
Eze_12:19 And say unto the people of the land, Thus saith the Lord GOD of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and of the land of Israel; They shall eat their bread with carefulness, and drink their water with astonishment, that her land may be desolate from all that is therein, because of the violence of all them that dwell therein.
Eze_13:16 To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze_14:21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?
Eze_14:22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it.
Eze_15:6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Eze_16:2 Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,
Eze_16:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
Eze_17:12 Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the king of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;
Eze_21:2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
Eze_21:20 Appoint a way, that the sword may come to Rabbath of the Ammonites, and to Judah in Jerusalem the defenced.
Eze_21:22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.
Eze_22:19 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye are all become dross, behold, therefore I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem.
Eze_23:4 And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.
Eze_24:2 Son of man, write thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day.
Eze_26:2 Son of man, because that Tyrus hath said against Jerusalem, Aha, she is broken that was the gates of the people: she is turned unto me: I shall be replenished, now she is laid waste:
Eze_33:21 And it came to pass in the twelfth year of our captivity, in the tenth month, in the fifth day of the month, that one that had escaped out of Jerusalem came unto me, saying, The city is smitten.
Eze_36:38 As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

you people readily got to learn to read what is there not what you think is there. this kind of erroneous info in the OP is tragic

Reactions: Zao is life

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

KJV

also here Ezekiel suffers the act of prophecy like no other to Jerusalem out side of Jerusalem:

Eze 4:1 Thou also, son of man, take thee a tile, and lay it before thee, and pourtray upon it the city, even Jerusalem:
Eze 4:2 And lay siege against it, and build a fort against it, and cast a mount against it; set the camp also against it, and set battering rams against it round about.
Eze 4:3 Moreover take thou unto thee an iron pan, and set it for a wall of iron between thee and the city: and set thy face against it, and it shall be besieged, and thou shalt lay siege against it. This shall be a sign to the house of Israel.
Eze 4:4 Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity.
Eze 4:5 For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
Eze 4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.
Eze 4:7 Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it.
Eze 4:8 And, behold, I will lay bands upon thee, and thou shalt not turn thee from one side to another, till thou hast ended the days of thy siege.
Eze 4:9 Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof.
Eze 4:10 And thy meat which thou shalt eat shall be by weight, twenty shekels a day: from time to time shalt thou eat it.
Eze 4:11 Thou shalt drink also water by measure, the sixth part of an hin: from time to time shalt thou drink.
Eze 4:12 And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.
Eze 4:13 And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them.
Eze 4:14 Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth.
Eze 4:15 Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.
Eze 4:16 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care; and they shall drink water by measure, and with astonishment:
Eze 4:17 That they may want bread and water, and be astonied one with another, and consume away for their iniquity.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Book of Genesis, at Chapter 48, Jacob is on his death-bed, and is getting ready to bless the two sons of Joseph, upon whom God's Birthright was upon. Jacob blessed the younger Ephraim over his older brother Manasseh, saying Manasseh would also be "great", but that his younger brother Ephraim's seed would become "a multitude of nations". And Jacob said to let his name Israel be named upon the two lads.

Gen 48:16-19
16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.

18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.

19 And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

KJV

Did Moses make a mistake there, with saying how Ephraim's seed would become "a multitude of nations"? No, because God said the same idea to Jacob about his seed in Genesis 35...

Gen 35:9-11
9 And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padan-aram, and blessed him.

10 And God said unto him, "Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and He called his name Israel.

11 And God said unto him, "I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

KJV

Does that mean God's Israel was to become more than just one nation??? YES! EXACTLY!

1 Chron 5:1-2
5 Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he was the firstborn; but, forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright.

2 For Judah prevailed above his brethren, and of him came the chief ruler; but the birthright was Joseph's:)
KJV

The "sons of Joseph the son of Israel" means Ephraim and Manasseh. And Jacob gave the blessing upon Ephraim that his seed would become "a multitude of nations".

So where... did, or have, those "multitude of nations" manifested???

If you understand the history of The Gospel, and how at the first Jesus was rejected at Jerusalem by the majority of Jews, and per Apostle Paul in Romans 11 that rejection happened so The Gospel would go to the Gentiles, then you are also looking at the Biblical prophecy of the scattering of the ten northern tribe "house of Israel" among the Gentiles, to the lands of Asia Minor and Europe, and that... is where they, along with believing Gentiles, became Christ's Church!

Excerpt From The Declaration of Arbroath (Scottish Declaration of Independence):

"Most Holy Father, we know and from the chronicles and books of the ancients we find that among other famous nations our own, the Scots, has been graced with widespread renown. It journeyed from Greater Scythia by way of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Pillars of Hercules, and dwelt for a long course of time in Spain among the most savage peoples, but nowhere could it be subdued by any people, however barbarous. Thence it came, twelve hundred years after the people of Israel crossed the Red Sea, to its home in the west where it still lives today. The Britons it first drove out, the Picts it utterly destroyed, and, even though very often assailed by the Norwegians, the Danes and the English, it took possession of that home with many victories and untold efforts; and, as the histories of old time bear witness, they have held it free of all servitude ever since. In their kingdom there have reigned one hundred and thirteen kings of their own royal stock, the line unbroken by a single foreigner. The high qualities and merits of these people, were they not otherwise manifest, shine forth clearly enough from this: that the King of kings and Lord of lords, our Lord Jesus Christ, after His Passion and Resurrection, called them, even though settled in the uttermost parts of the earth, almost the first to His most holy faith. Nor did He wish them to be confirmed in that faith by merely anyone but by the first of His Apostles - by calling, though second or third in rank - the most gentle Saint Andrew, the Blessed Peter’s brother, and desired him to keep them under his protection as their patron for ever"

In Summary -- although early in Israel's history they were rebellious against God, and God promised if they fell away from Him that He would scatter them among the Gentiles (Deut. 4 & 28), God would use their scattering among the Gentiles as an eventual blessing in forming Christ's Church among the scattered tribes of Israel that believe, along with believing Gentiles, and furthering The Gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations. The early western Christian nations would fulfill the Genesis 48 prophecy that Ephraim's seed would become "a multitude of nations", and that means ISRAELITE nations in the Christian West, because Jacob said let his name Israel be named upon Ephraim and Manasseh (Gen.48). Some of the Jews that were also scattered later, would also believe on Lord Jesus Christ and also become part of that early Church in the Christian West, so I'm not leaving them out.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
KJV

Therefore, when God sent His prophet Ezekiel to the northern ten tribes captive about 45 miles north of Babylon, to the "house of Israel", that was a time after He had already split old Israel into two 'houses', and into two separate captivities.

And since God scattered the majority of the ten tribe "house of Israel" to the West, across the Caucasus Mountains above the Black Sea per that 2 Esdras 13 mention of Arsenath, it means it would be the majority of the "house of Israel" (ten tribes) that would receive The Gospel of Jesus Christ in the West. This is why Apostle Paul would point to the Roman Gentile Christians in Romans 9, quoting from the Book of Hosea which was originally written only to the "house of Israel".

Satan's host have tried to completely cut off this real history of how the ten tribes of Israel wound up, but the prophecies are sure, and the history of how the ten tribes captive in Assyria were know by names connected with the Cimmerian tribes, and that the field of Anthropology well knows how those Cimmerians trekked westward into Asia Minor and Europe to form the western nations, they have not been able to totally destroy all the evidence. Just with understanding the Bible prophecies in Hosea with Paul quoting it to Roman Gentile believers is enough to suggest the ten tribe house of Israel was scattered in the West among Gentiles that also accepted The Gospel.

Of course the orthodox unbelieving Jews hate all this, maybe because they think it steals their glory of trying to proclaim only Jews as being the true Israel of God, when that simply is not true per the prophecies in God's Word. No matter, because they will not be able to stop this matter eventually coming out in the open when Lord Jesus does return to gather His Church.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For this reason, that the ten tribe "house of Israel" was mainly scattered to the West, and a great multitude of them became Christ's Church, i.e., the lost sheep of the "house of Israel" which Jesus said he was sent to, it also means that God sent His prophet Ezekiel as a 'watchman' to the "house of Israel". So I'll show that prophecy again...

KJV

THAT... is why Scripture like Ezekiel 13 of God's warning against men's doctrine like the Pre-trib Rapture theory is warned about here, in the Book of Ezekiel, and not in The New Testament books.

THAT... is why Scripture in Ezekiel 40 through 48 is linked to the events of the Millennial sanctuary that Jesus and His elect are to reign from, describing in detail the dimensions and layout of that future sanctuary in the holy land, and also a description of God's River of the Waters of Life flowing out from that sanctuary on earth, and feeding and healing other rivers upon the earth in that time, and with the many trees of life on either side of that River being shown.

THAT... is why Ezekiel 37 is declaring the gathering of the two houses back together again in the holy land under king David.

THAT... is why Ezekiel 38-39 describes the end time events of the nations linked with Gog and Magog coming upon the mountains of Israel on the last day of this world is actually pointing not only to Israel in the middle east, but ALSO to God's Israel in the West known as the Western Christian Nations (the Israel described in Ezekiel 38 has no walls guarding it, which cannot point to Jerusalem and middle east Israel only). The western Christian nations God has protected, and hasn't needed walls like the nation of Israel in the middle east has.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope you've got that one wrong. the scriptures are written by and to the children of Israel, unless it addresses gentiles specifically, or a gentile nation by name or patriarch such as Magog for example. and the house is the house of Jacob, Jacob is renamed Israel by the Lord God which includes all of the twelve tribes.

also to prove that is that Jerusalem is in the political land of Judea which is "politically separated for the ten tribes but Ezekiel mentions Jerusalem more that once doesn't he?

Eze_4:1 Thou also, son of man, take thee a tile, and lay it before thee, and pourtray upon it the city,
even Jerusalem:
Eze_4:7 Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it.
Eze_4:16 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care; and they shall drink water by measure, and with astonishment:
Eze_5:5 Thus saith the Lord GOD; This is Jerusalem: I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries that are round about her.
Eze_8:3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.
Eze_9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
Eze_9:8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
Eze_11:15 Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the LORD: unto us is this land given in possession.
Eze_12:10 Say thou unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; This burden concerneth the prince in Jerusalem, and all the house of Israel that are among them.
Eze_12:19 And say unto the people of the land, Thus saith the Lord GOD of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and of the land of Israel; They shall eat their bread with carefulness, and drink their water with astonishment, that her land may be desolate from all that is therein, because of the violence of all them that dwell therein.
Eze_13:16 To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze_14:21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?
Eze_14:22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it.
Eze_15:6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Eze_16:2 Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,
Eze_16:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
Eze_17:12 Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the king of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;
Eze_21:2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
Eze_21:20 Appoint a way, that the sword may come to Rabbath of the Ammonites, and to Judah in Jerusalem the defenced.
Eze_21:22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.
Eze_22:19 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye are all become dross, behold, therefore I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem.
Eze_23:4 And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.
Eze_24:2 Son of man, write thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day.
Eze_26:2 Son of man, because that Tyrus hath said against Jerusalem, Aha, she is broken that was the gates of the people: she is turned unto me: I shall be replenished, now she is laid waste:
Eze_33:21 And it came to pass in the twelfth year of our captivity, in the tenth month, in the fifth day of the month, that one that had escaped out of Jerusalem came unto me, saying, The city is smitten.
Eze_36:38 As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

you people readily got to learn to read what is there not what you think is there. this kind of erroneous info in the OP is tragic

I'm not the one who has a lot to learn here...

Excerpt From The Declaration of Arbroath (Scottish Declaration of Independence):

"Most Holy Father, we know and from the chronicles and books of the ancients we find that among other famous nations our own, the Scots, has been graced with widespread renown. It journeyed from Greater Scythia by way of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Pillars of Hercules, and dwelt for a long course of time in Spain among the most savage peoples, but nowhere could it be subdued by any people, however barbarous. Thence it came, twelve hundred years after the people of Israel crossed the Red Sea, to its home in the west where it still lives today. The Britons it first drove out, the Picts it utterly destroyed, and, even though very often assailed by the Norwegians, the Danes and the English, it took possession of that home with many victories and untold efforts; and, as the histories of old time bear witness, they have held it free of all servitude ever since. In their kingdom there have reigned one hundred and thirteen kings of their own royal stock, the line unbroken by a single foreigner. The high qualities and merits of these people, were they not otherwise manifest, shine forth clearly enough from this: that the King of kings and Lord of lords, our Lord Jesus Christ, after His Passion and Resurrection, called them, even though settled in the uttermost parts of the earth, almost the first to His most holy faith. Nor did He wish them to be confirmed in that faith by merely anyone but by the first of His Apostles - by calling, though second or third in rank - the most gentle Saint Andrew, the Blessed Peter’s brother, and desired him to keep them under his protection as their patron for ever"

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
also here Ezekiel suffers the act of prophecy like no other to Jerusalem out side of Jerusalem:

Eze 4:1 Thou also, son of man, take thee a tile, and lay it before thee, and pourtray upon it the city, even Jerusalem:
Eze 4:2 And lay siege against it, and build a fort against it, and cast a mount against it; set the camp also against it, and set battering rams against it round about.
Eze 4:3 Moreover take thou unto thee an iron pan, and set it for a wall of iron between thee and the city: and set thy face against it, and it shall be besieged, and thou shalt lay siege against it. This shall be a sign to the house of Israel.
Eze 4:4 Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity.
Eze 4:5 For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
Eze 4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.
Eze 4:7 Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it.
Eze 4:8 And, behold, I will lay bands upon thee, and thou shalt not turn thee from one side to another, till thou hast ended the days of thy siege.
Eze 4:9 Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof.
Eze 4:10 And thy meat which thou shalt eat shall be by weight, twenty shekels a day: from time to time shalt thou eat it.
Eze 4:11 Thou shalt drink also water by measure, the sixth part of an hin: from time to time shalt thou drink.
Eze 4:12 And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.
Eze 4:13 And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them.
Eze 4:14 Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth.
Eze 4:15 Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.
Eze 4:16 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care; and they shall drink water by measure, and with astonishment:
Eze 4:17 That they may want bread and water, and be astonied one with another, and consume away for their iniquity.

I never said the Book of Ezekiel didn't include some prophecies about the "house of Judah". It does, yet the majority of the prophecies in Ezekiel are about and to the ten tribe "house of Israel", which WERE NOT KNOWN AS JEWS.

So please, SPARE ME all that baloney about the Jews ONLY being the seed of Israel, which is a LIE from Judaizers against the majority of God's people! You may as well come out of hiding about that, because that is the LIE you are actually pointing to.

Last edited:

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While "children of Israel" can collectively refer to all 12 tribes and God's Church, the more specific term "house of Israel" in Ezekiel exclusively refers to the end-time descendants of the northern 10 tribes that have since become Western nations, the individual members of God's Church, or both.

Proof that the "house of Israel" doesn't refer to all 12 tribes lies in the fact that God switches from telling Ezekiel to speak to the children of Israel(Eze. 2:3) to telling Ezekiel to speak to the house of Israel specifically (Eze. 3:4). In Eze. 3:11, God then tells Ezekiel to speak to his fellow Jewish captives. Then in Eze. 3:17, God tells Ezekiel that he was made a watchman specifically for the house of Israel. The Bible never shows Ezekiel physically delivering this message to the house of Israel for a very specific reason: they were already sent into Assyrian slavery about 120 years before and had begun migrating westward into Europe.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel

Chapter 21

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,

3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.

23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.

24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.

25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:

29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.

30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.

The above occurred in 1947ad
Now it is judgement day

31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

Repent
Confess your sins
And the Lord may forgive you
Or not

The truth will set you free

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ezekiel

Chapter 21

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,

3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.

23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.

24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.

25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:

29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.

30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.

The above occurred in 1947ad
Now it is judgement day

31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

Repent
Confess your sins
And the Lord may forgive you
Or not

The truth will set you free
Strictly speaking it's Israel rather than the church in view in the Old Testament.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While "children of Israel" can collectively refer to all 12 tribes and God's Church, the more specific term "house of Israel" in Ezekiel exclusively refers to the end-time descendants of the northern 10 tribes that have since become Western nations, the individual members of God's Church, or both.

Proof that the "house of Israel" doesn't refer to all 12 tribes lies in the fact that God switches from telling Ezekiel to speak to the children of Israel(Eze. 2:3) to telling Ezekiel to speak to the house of Israel specifically (Eze. 3:4). In Eze. 3:11, God then tells Ezekiel to speak to his fellow Jewish captives. Then in Eze. 3:17, God tells Ezekiel that he was made a watchman specifically for the house of Israel. The Bible never shows Ezekiel physically delivering this message to the house of Israel for a very specific reason: they were already sent into Assyrian slavery about 120 years before and had begun migrating westward into Europe.

the children of, are the house of, or don't you know the family structure, or maybe you don't know that Jacob's name was changed to Israel by the Lord his God. the Lord God looks at and treats as such though the patriarch.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the children of, are the house of, or don't you know the family structure
The Jewish family tree

I begin with Joseph because this is where it all began.

.Here is the linage from Noah to Rachel to Joseph

(Gen 5:28 KJV) And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
(Gen 5:29 KJV) And he called his name Noah
(Gen 5:32 KJV) And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem
(Gen 10:21 KJV) Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber
(Gen 10:25 KJV) And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg;
(Gen 11:18 KJV) And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:
(Gen 11:20 KJV) And Reu lived two and thirty years, and begat Serug:
(Gen 11:22 KJV) And Serug lived thirty years, and begat Nahor:
(Gen 22:20 KJV) And it came to pass after these things, that it was told Abraham, saying, Behold, Milcah, she hath also born children unto thy brother Nahor;
(Gen 22:21 KJV) Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
(Gen 22:22 KJV) And Chesed, and Hazo, and Pildash, and Jidlaph, and Bethuel.
(Gen 22:23 KJV) And Bethuel begat Rebekah
(Gen 24:29 KJV) And Rebekah had a brother, and his name was Laban.
(Gen 29:16 KJV) And Laban had two daughters.,.and the name of the younger was Rachel
(Gen 30:25 KJV) And it came to pass, when Rachel had born Joseph.

In the Book of Exodus, Amram is the husband of Jochebed and father of Aaron, Moses and Miriam.

According to the Torah, the tribe is named after Levi, one of the twelve sons of Jacob (also called Israel). Levi had three sons: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari (Genesis 46:11). Kohath's son Amram was the father of Miriam, Aaron and Moses.
And Joseph is where I begin this unfolding story---

Page 2 (universalknowledge.net)

Does anyone here know who Joseph was-

No animosity intended or implied

Just curious, so I ask?
BTW: Joseph ruled over Egypt.
Joseph was second under the Pharaoh

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the children of, are the house of, or don't you know the family structure, or maybe you don't know that Jacob's name was changed to Israel by the Lord his God. the Lord God looks at and treats as such though the patriarch.
I do realize Jacob's name was changed to Israel, but what you don't realize is that Paul said God's Church is spiritual Israel:

"And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God." - Gal. 6:16

OT Israel was a type of the NT Church. It is not a coincidence that the NT Church started with 12 handpicked apostles like OT Israel started with Jacob's 12 sons. "Israel" means "struggles with God" or "overcomer". Again, this is not a coincidence because it literally describes the Christian life. Orthodox Christianity rejects the OT as a source of doctrinal beliefs, which is why its adherents are ignorant to the fact that OT prophecies ironically gives more details about the Laodicean era than the NT does, not to mention fact that the OT also contains more prophetic warnings for that era than the NT does . There is a reason why Paul stated in Eph. 2:20 that biblical Christianity is built on the writings of the apostles and the prophets: most of the end-time prophecies concerning God's Church are in the OT.

"Children of Israel" and "house of Israel" refers to God's Church in certain passages because it is comprised of spiritual Israelites. And as Paul taught in 1 Corinthians and Ephesians, this Church is also a collective family with a hierarchy. Since God is consistent with the fact that He calls nations and religious organizations by their ancient names or predecessors in bible prophecy, what would God call His Church other than "children of Israel" or "house of Israel" when the nation of Israel was the religious predecessor of the NT Church?.

Reactions: Cassandra

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Per the Book of Hosea, God showed He would scatter the ten tribe "house of Israel", end their northern kingdom, and scatter them. He said there He would not do this to Judah which was the kingdom of Judah that dwelt in the south at that time.

But God also said through Hosea He would scatter the ten tribes into the wilderness, hedge up their paths, take away their old heritage as part of Israel, but in the wilderness speak to them softly, taking the names of Baal out of their mouths, and they would no longer call Him 'Baali', but instead 'Ishi'.

2 Esdras 13
Those are the ten tribes, which were carried away prisoners out of their own land in the time of Osea the king, whom Salmanasar the king of Assyria led away captive, and he carried them over the waters, and so came they into another land.
41 But they took this counsel among themselves, that they would leave the multitude of the heathen, and go forth into a further country, where never mankind dwelt,
42 That they might there keep their statutes, which they never kept in their own land.
43 And they entered into Euphrates by the narrow places of the river.
44 For the most High then shewed signs for them, and held still the flood, till they were passed over.
45 For through that country there was a great way to go, namely, of a year and a half: and the same region is called Arsareth.
46 Then dwelt they there until the latter time; and now when they shall begin to come,
(KJVA, which means the Apocrypha included in the original 1st edition 1611 King James Version Bible)

Arsareth (or Arzareth):
The name of the land beyond the great river (Euphrates), far away from the habitation of man, in which the Ten Tribes of Israel will dwell, observing the laws of Moses, until the time of the restoration, according to IV Esd. xiii. 45. Columbus identified America with this land. (See Kayserling's "Christopher Columbus," translated by Dr. C. Gross, p. 15.) (This is from the JewishEncylopedia.com, so the "law of Moses" bent is their addition to the 2 Esdras 13 idea.)

In Romans 9, Apostle Paul quoted from the Book of Hosea to Roman Gentile believers on Christ. It's because God proclaimed this in final for the restoration of the ten tribe house of Israel:

In the Hosea 1, God told Hosea to name his children to represent the rebellion against Him by the house of Israel ten tribes. God then said they would no longer be His people (Lo ami - not my people). In Jeremiah 3:8, God even said He gave "backsliding Israel" (put for the ten tribe house of Israel that fell away first) a "bill of divorce" (spiritually of course, but literally scattered the ten tribes by it.)

Hos 2:14-23
14 Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.
15 And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
16 And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call Me Ishi; and shalt call Me no more Baali.
17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
19 And I will betroth thee unto Me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto Me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20 I will even betroth thee unto Me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;
22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
23 And I will sow her unto Me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not My people, "Thou art My people"; and they shall say, "Thou art my God."

KJV

Apostle Paul in Romans 9 quoted that last verse 23 in Hosea 2 to Gentiles in Christ. That means Paul INCLUDED believing Gentiles among that ten tribe "house of Israel" that was scattered. That Hosea prophecy there is about the time when God would send The Gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations of Asia Minor and Europe. That area was first to accept The Gospel on national scales, becoming the Western Christian nations of Christian history.

That Hosea 2:23 verse thus will apply in final... to Christ's Church of both believing Israelites (especially of the ten scattered tribes of the "house of Israel"), and believing Gentiles. And it's important to remember, at this point in time of Hosea, God was not angry with the southern kingdom of the "house of Judah". They would remain in the land and not be subject to this scattering of the "house of Israel" at this point...

Hos 1:7
7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
KJV

Thus we are realize this Hosea prophecy of God ending the northern ten tribe "kingdom of Israel", or "house of Israel", did not involve the "house of Judah". The final gathering of the "house of Israel" will involve Judah, but not this removal of the ten tribes God is pointing to here through Hosea.
You think Joseph was Ron Wyatt or Imhotep was Roman Wyatt?

LOL. Just kidding. I understood what you said.[/QUOTE
Oh, a wise guy, eh? Lol

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Israel after the time of Solomon = "The House of Israel" (collectively a.k.a Ephraim) + "The house of Judah".

So after the time of Solomon, whenever God speaks to "Israel", or about "the land of Israel" through the prophets, the only way we know whether He is speaking to (a) The house of Israel (the 10 Northern tribes of the Northern Kingdom a.k.a Ephraim); or (b) the house of Judah and the kingdom of Judah and Benjamin; or (c) both the house of Israel and the house of Judah,

is by the historical setting and the context. Sometimes it's 100% clear God is speaking to both, for example:

"Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah" (Jeremiah 31:31).

Hosea 1
6 And she conceived again and bore a daughter. And God said to him, Call her name No-mercy, for I will no more have mercy on the house of Israel. But I will utterly take them away.
7 But I will have mercy on the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
8 And when she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived and bore a son.

9 And He said, Call his name Not-my-people. For you are not My people, and I will not be for you.
10 Yet the number of the sons of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered. And it shall be, in the place where it was said to them, You are not My people, there it shall be said to them, You are the sons of the living God.
11 Then the sons of Judah and the sons of Israel shall be gathered together, and shall set over themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land. For great shall be the day of Jezreel.

The above prophecy is (clearly) not talking to the small remnant of the house of Israel who fled to Judah when the Northern kingdom was invaded by Assyria.

Where was the house of Israel at the time of Christ?

.. scattered among the nations:

Romans 9
24 whom He also called, not only us, of Jews, but also of the nations?
25 As He also says in Hosea, "I will call those not My people, My people; and those not beloved, Beloved."
26 And it shall be, in the place where it was said to them. "You are not My people; there they shall be called sons of the living God."
27 Isaiah also cries concerning Israel, "Though the number of the sons of Israel is as the sands of the sea, a remnant shall be saved.

The prophecy was referring only to the house of Israel, a.ka Ephraim a.ka the 10 tribes a.k.a the northern kingdom, but Paul includes all Gentiles who believe in Jesus, in the house of Israel - regardless of genetic ancestry (because genetic ancestry does not count with God, but faith in the Word of God, as Abraham had).

Gentiles who believe in Jesus are grafted into the house of Israel - not the house of Judah. We are "Jews" inwardly, but we do not become Jews either in cultural practices or genetically, we become grafted into the house of Israel, who had been scattered among the nations from circa 722 B.C, and whose descendants intermarried with Gentiles to the point where no one is able to find and positively identify anyone as being partially genetically descended from one of the 10 tribes.

So maybe some ended up in Scotland, rolling their rrrr's as though they're always freeezing to death (it is Scotland, after all), but it really doesn't matter - any Gentile who believes in Jesus is a member of the house of Israel. The house of Judah and the house of Israel are joined together into one nation again in Christ.

This is why Ezekiel is so tricky. He is one of the prophets who talks to both kingdoms, though he lived long after the destruction of the northern kingdom by the Assyrians.

In fact a few of the prophets are tricky if you're not permanently wide awake to the historical context and the context of the passage - i.e which kingdom is being spoken to?

Last edited: