• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you,

That is old covenant.

The New Testament was written in the Blood and Death of Jesus and signed by the Resurrection.

The reason that most believers cannot quite get a handle on "eternal security".
Is because they do not understand that Salvation, is not Discipleship.

They try to make them ONE, and they are not.

Salvation is Jesus on the Cross, who is the Gift of God, the Gift of Salvation, and the Gift of Righteousness.
This is completed by Christ on the Cross and He told you so, when He said... "it (Salvation).....is FINISHED."

Our Discipleship, is not to complete that, as its already completed, and until a person gets that revelation, they'll try to add their self effort to the Cross, and thats a fail.
We are always going to go to heaven, because Christ who is in the born again, is the only reason we go.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"it (Salvation).....is FINISHED."

Christ’s suffering on the cross is finished.

You, however, still have a course to run!

“But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received from the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.” (Acts 20:24)

“Know ye not, that they who run in a race, all run, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.” (1 Corinthians 9:24)

“And if a man also striveth for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he striveth lawfully.” (2 Timothy 2:5)

“…if we deny him, he also will deny us:” (2 Timothy 2:12)

The “we” and “us” are the born again.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Christ’s suffering on the cross is finished.

You actually dont understand the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross?
You dont know that his sacrifice of Himself redeemed the world from sin, and this redemption is Christ's blood and death?

Its a universal salvation but it has a REQUIREMENT to RECEIVE IT.

Read

2 Corinthians 5:19

And you have to study to find out why God was in CHRIST not charging people with their sin.

And read Romans 4:8 , as it says the same thing...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All scripture is… profitable for doctrine” (2 Timothy 3:16)

You changed the verses intent by leaving out the rest of the verse.

All Scripture has at least 4 functions........but that does not mean that every verse is every one of the 4.

1. Doctrine
2. Reproof
3. Correction
4. Instruction.

What does that mean? It means that verses have their purpose, and not all are all 4.

Some verses are not doctrine.

Here is one.

"Timothy take some wine for your upset stomach".

So, that is not a DOCTRINE. That is an INSTRUCTiON.....>Yet..it does not fulfill the stated reason according to that verse.
As your verse is talking about the understanding and the intent of "RIGHTEOUSNESS".

So, drinking wine for a upset stomach, does not quality for your verse.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I shortened the verse for brevity.

Showing the whole verse changes nothing.

All scripture is profitable for all those things INCLUDING doctrine.

It means that verse have there purpose, and not all are all 4.

Yes, all 4.

It’s not up to you to decide what scriptures you will or will not pay attention to.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Receiving KNOWLEDGE according to you ... is what Identifies a Converted, Saved, saint?

Preposterous! Not Scriptural Teaching!

“But as many as received him, to them he gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:12-13)

“Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.” (1 Corinthians 15:34)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of faith is described as shallow, rocky, gets choked out and produces no fruit? Not saving faith. IN CONTRAST Mark 4:8 - But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred. Luke 8:15 says, But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience. Not all had saving faith. Only the 4th soil represents those who are born again and saved.

They all had faith!

why not all born again?
Why not all saved?
Why not all?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shortened the verse for brevity.

Showing the whole verse changes nothing.

All scripture is profitable for all those things INCLUDING doctrine.

Yes, all 4.

It’s not up to you to decide what scriptures you will or will not pay attention to.
But that is exactly what they DO . they pick and choose what to obey and what to disregaurd . FOKLS DO IT ALL THE TIME .
YET LAMBS LOVE ALL THE TRUTH . WE EMBRACE EVERY WORD OF IT FOR OUR OWN GOOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All Scripture has at least 4 functions........but that does not mean that every verse is every one of the 4.

1. Doctrine
2. Reproof
3. Correction
4. Instruction.

What does that mean? It means that verses have their purpose, and not all are all 4.

Some verses are not doctrine.

Here is one.

"Timothy take some wine for your upset stomach".

So, that is not a DOCTRINE. That is an INSTRUCTiON.....>Yet..it does not fulfill the stated reason according to that verse.
As your verse is talking about the understanding and the intent of "RIGHTEOUSNESS".

So, drinking wine for a upset stomach, does not quality for your verse.
When paul or peter both spoke of scriptures , I Got news they were not talking about their own letters .
THEY were talking about What had already been written in the bible .
Now what they wrote WAS and IS TRUTH . But even paul said in some places , I say, YET NOT THE LORD .
THEY all knew the scriptures themselves , WERE already written down LONG ago .
I suggest we stop being the sevants to sin and stop trying to justify why one can trangress . WHEN IN TRUTH
LOVE itself dont trangress , but fullfills . SO ANY LOVE that does allow for trasngressions , sins , GUESS what , IT AINT LOVE .
Just like that pile of dung false all inclusive gospel . THE ONE more and more are buying . THAT THING IS FALSE .
HOW dare anyone teach it or heed it . YET i see most are doing just that , more and more .
THEY on one hand try and defend the gospel and they always are fast to correct anyone who dares
to say we must endure to the end . OR they call them legalistic who dare and say the very things JESUS and the aposetls did ,
AND YET ITS THEM DENYING THE VERY GOSPEL they CLIAM to denfed by accepting this LOVE LIE FALSE ALL INCLUSIVE
many path TRASH DUNG LIE they call a gospel . NO SIR . NOT ON MY WATCH
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO GOD , ONLY ONE WAY TO HAVE SALVATION , BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST .
SORRY but no other religoin , no allah , no buddah , no lovey lovey is gonna save anyone .
BELEIVE IN JESUS CHRIST or perish . HE WILL DENY THOSE WHO DENIED HIM no matter what pope francis or the sold
out protestant realm try and say . STOP BUYING THE LOVE LIE . cause as i said ANY LOVE that points to ones own ability
to save oneself by doing good , AINT LOVE NOW IS IT . Stop fearing man and start preaching JESUS , IF WE WANT FOLKS SAVED .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When paul or peter both spoke of scriptures , I Got news they were not talking about their own letters .

Peter said that Paul's letters, (Epistles) are SCRIPTURE = to the TORAH.

And He said that, when he had Paul's letters in his hand.

So, that was Peter saying that Paul's Letters, at that time, are HOLY BIBLE.

And he was right, as Paul's letters became THE Doctrine for the Church and also created most of the New Testament, not including the Gospels or the Revelation.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed , let the WORD and words of GOD be our guide . Let them destroy the traditions of men gone wrong .
Striking at all false doctrine with the IRON ROD of the WORDS OF OUR LORD . STAY DUG IN that BIBLE cause many decievers
DO abound ALL OVER THE PLACE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"take some wine for your upset stomach"..

This is profitable for doctrine?

Probably you would think so.
Its just good advice my friend . The problem is you are trying to grasp at any straw you can
to try and justify WHY the holy scriptures can be overlooked . THAT IS REAL bad news my friend .
Anyone can see when paul was writing to timothy about his often imfirties it was not being implied as THUS SAYETH THE LORD
but rather just simple advice .

Reactions: Marvelloustime