• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader,

An unbeliever is "under the law" : shows you that you are a sinner, with no Righteousness.
You need Christ, so that God can give you His Righteousness.

"Under Grace" : provides you with God's Righteousness as..>"The Gift of Righteousness", as proven by being born again.

Now...Here is the paradox. = is the eternal spirituality regarding being born again "in Christ", yet being a human on earth.

Your question is....."if im sinning and confessing, then how can i be RIGHTEOUS".?

So, thats very interesting, isn't it?
And if you look at it using the "natural mind" that does not receive or understand the things of God.... because they are "Spiritually Discerned", then how can you ever find peace when you think ...> "how can i be righteous, when i sin and confess"....... "How can i be righteous, when i have thoughts that would make a Pope blush".......

Now, im not going to teach it here, because i have written many Threads about this already, but.....>"where there is no Law, there is no Sin.....no transgression".
The Born again have been delivered from the Law., "the CURSE of the Law"... and exist "under Grace".

Now...

How to get out of that mind that can't understand how you can not always be perfect, but yet in God's eyes, you are always perfectly righteous....
How to get out of that wrong thinking, and into the RIGHT MIND?
The right mind is to always understand how God sees you which is the renewed mind, vs how you see you, which is the carnal mind....the mind of the flesh.
And until a born again person gets out of that carnal (natural) mind, they can't get into the right mind, and they can't believe right.
And until you believe right, your faith is wrong., yet, you can be born again, heaven bound.

So, you have to start here. Hebrews 13:9
You have to establish yourself, your thinking, your believing = in God's Grace.
You have to come to SEE yourself as always in God's Grace.. Always Redeemed. Always made sinless. Always made righteous. Always at peace with God..... And why?.... Because that mind is the same Mind that God has when He looks at His Born again.
That is how God sees YOU, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.
So, if you dont't have that mind, you have the wrong mind, and your faith is wrong.

Listen Saint.
God does not see what you do, as you see yourself.. He only sees what Christ has accomplished for you on The Cross, that has MADE YOU RIGHTEOUS, if you are born again.
The born again ARE BECOME>....>"THE Righteousness of God, in Christ", because we have been given "The GIFT of Righteousness".
So, you have to bring your mind and your faith, into this Right understanding of who you are "in Christ"....., and once you do, and you have this revelation, you are finally discerning where God established you to be by the Blood of Jesus,
This is REAL FAITH and its the renewed mind.

Look at this NT verse.

"As Jesus IS....so are the Born again, in this World".

= Thats a fact.
And it does not change because you have a mood swing, or a tantrum, or some issue with your behavior.
If you are born again, then you exist "in Christ"....>"one with God", and not of yourself, but ONLY because of the Cross of Christ.

Listen,
your emotions and your deeds do not effect your standing "IN CHRIST",
Not ever.
You can't stop being born again.
Its done.
Rejoice !

If you are born again.....You are a NEW CREATION "in Christ". And that is always and only how you are to SEE YOURSELF, as that is always How GOD sees you, at all times, and forever.
Let THAT MIND rule your faith and God's Grace will begin to empower your Holy Living in a sustained way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

An unbeliever is "under the law" : shows you that you are a sinner, with no Righteousness.
You need Christ, so that God can give you His Righteousness.

"Under Grace" : provides you with God's Righteousness as..>"The Gift of Righteousness", as proven by being born again.

Now...Here is the paradox. = is the eternal spirituality regarding being born again "in Christ", yet being a human on earth.

Your question is....."if im sinning and confessing, then how can i be RIGHTEOUS".?

So, thats very interesting, isn't it?
And if you look at it using the "natural mind" that does not receive or understand the things of God.... because they are "Spiritually Discerned", then how can you ever find peace when you think ...> "how can i be righteous, when i sin and confess"....... "How can i be righteous, when i have thoughts that would make a Pope blush".......

Now, im not going to teach it here, because i have written many Threads about this already, but.....>"where there is no Law, there is no Sin.....no transgression".
The Born again have been delivered from the Law., "the CURSE of the Law"... and exist "under Grace".

Now...

How to get out of that mind that can't understand how you can not always be perfect, but yet in God's eyes, you are always perfectly righteous....
How to get out of that wrong thinking, and into the RIGHT MIND?
The right mind is to always understand how God sees you which is the renewed mind, vs how you see you, which is the carnal mind....the mind of the flesh.
And until a born again person gets out of that carnal (natural) mind, they can't get into the right mind, and they can't believe right.
And until you believe right, your faith is wrong., yet, you can be born again, heaven bound.

So, you have to start here. Hebrews 13:9
You have to establish yourself, your thinking, your believing = in God's Grace.
You have to come to SEE yourself as always in God's Grace.. Always Redeemed. Always made sinless. Always made righteous. Always at peace with God..... And why?.... Because that mind is the same Mind that God has when He looks at His Born again.
That is how God sees YOU, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.
So, if you dont't have that mind, you have the wrong mind, and your faith is wrong.

Listen Saint.
God does not see what you do, as you see yourself.. He only sees what Christ has accomplished for you on The Cross, that has MADE YOU RIGHTEOUS, if you are born again.
The born again ARE BECOME>....>"THE Righteousness of God, in Christ", because we have been given "The GIFT of Righteousness".
So, you have to bring your mind and your faith, into this Right understanding of who you are "in Christ"....., and once you do, and you have this revelation, you are finally discerning where God established you to be by the Blood of Jesus,
This is REAL FAITH and its the renewed mind.

Look at this NT verse.

"As Jesus IS....so are the Born again, in this World".

= Thats a fact.
And it does not change because you have a mood swing, or a tantrum, or some issue with your behavior.
If you are born again, then you exist "in Christ"....>"one with God", and not of yourself, but ONLY because of the Cross of Christ.

Listen,
your emotions and your deeds do not effect your standing "IN CHRIST",
Not ever.
You can't stop being born again.
Its done.
Rejoice !

If you are born again.....You are a NEW CREATION "in Christ". And that is always and only how you are to SEE YOURSELF, as that is always How GOD sees you, at all times, and forever.
Let THAT MIND rule your faith and God's Grace will begin to empower your Holy Living in a sustained way.
Born again = anointed and yes they are righteous, but so are many who are not born again

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you care to explain, Robert, how those not born again can be righteous?

Show us that in Scripture, not in opinion.
Sure, thanks for asking. If you do not consider the meek that inherit the earth to be righteous, then these verses will not apply Charlie. Ps 37:10,11, 29; Mat 5:5; Jn 10:16 and then Rev 7:9-17. Should be enough info sir.

Reactions: Episkopos

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert,

if you are not born again, you are this.

John 3:36
I am not born again, you are simply ignorant of the meaning of Jn 10:16. And you very likely do not desire to know what the term means as well. You cannot choose to be born again, God selects those Be.

Reactions: Episkopos

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him. He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Says here anyone who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ they are given the right to become seen as Children of God, did you know that @Robert Gwin? Isn’t that something you desire deep down inside your soul?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing is what leads us to the cross dying with Jesus, being buried with Christ, and being raised again in Christ! The newness of life knowing that Jesus lives with-in you.

““You and I are Jews by birth, not ‘sinners’ like the Gentiles. Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.” But suppose we seek to be made right with God through faith in Christ and then we are found guilty because we have abandoned the law. Would that mean Christ has led us into sin? Absolutely not! Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down. For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law—I stopped trying to meet all its requirements—so that I might live for God. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭2‬:‭15‬-‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, thanks for asking. If you do not consider the meek that inherit the earth to be righteous, then these verses will not apply Charlie. Ps 37:10,11, 29; Mat 5:5; Jn 10:16 and then Rev 7:9-17. Should be enough info sir.

The meek are the opposite of the self-righteous, they are the born-again.

It's hard for me to understand how an intelligent person such as yourself can take the Scriptures in such a corrupted manner.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not born again, you are simply ignorant of the meaning of Jn 10:16. And you very likely do not desire to know what the term means as well. You cannot choose to be born again, God selects those Be.

John 10:16​

New International Version​

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Jesus is talking about Gentiles that would be brought into the fold.

They listen to the voice of Jesus Christ, and they become one with the believers because of this what Paul brings to revelation.

Ephesians 4:1-6​

Unity and Maturity in the Body of Christ​

4 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all,who is over all and through all and in all.

John 17:20-23​

Jesus Prays for All Believers​

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Galatians 3:26-28​

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Hope this helps @Robert Gwin see that people who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are made right with God and can have peace with Jehovah because of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ! They can be seen as born again Children of God and all have unity together as believers.

Which I love you for who you are, and your odd beliefs, but at least we can get something right from scripture that people who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, whom God had sent, are made right with God and that they are able to have a new life because of the Lord Jesus Christ living with-in them.

I know you tend to focus on other subjects, but this one is an important subject to at least acknowledge from scriptures themselves, that just being part of Jehovah Witness, doesn't make you better than anyone ; it is the same thing with the Latter Day Saints, who have also have strange beliefs, and a lot of their performance merits come from the things they do, and not what the Lord Jesus Christ had done for them.

Anyway, God bless you friend and may you be set free. As I believe people should be set free of their religion they had been in for so long, though many may choose not to leave because they would become isolated and hated as what tends to happens in group organizations that run this way.

May God bless your friends and family, if you decide to also share this truth with them that it all comes down to faith which makes us Children of God through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, that one day we will go and live with God in heaven, and that now today, we are can have a new life that is predicated on the Spirit.

Hope you understand, may God bless you, and your family. You have the right to reject this information if you so choose too.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Slightly off-topic, Matthew, but because of your use of the NLT, I bought a copy and am enjoying reading it. It's not my favorite, but it is very good.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Slightly off-topic, Matthew, but because of your use of the NLT, I bought a copy and am enjoying reading it. It's not my favorite, but it is very good.

Yes, I miss having the NLT version had two but gave them away to some people along the journey of trying to be Christ-like to everyone by the Spirit. May get one again, and it is a very good translation I believe, though there are some sentences that may be better off reading in an more Greek - to English version of the Bible like the Youngs Literal Translation.

What is amazing is what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for all people, which is so much. He fulfilled everything of the Torah, for the nation of Israel, and their sins. Along with paying the sin for all of the world, which was an indicator of the Law being fulfilled in Christ Jesus who died on the cross, because of sin. Which his death was to defeat the devil and cast him out of the world, get rid of Sheol, with judgement of Israel and those who had been there along with the wrath of God being put on Israel having everything of theirs taken away, instating that there was no material that could amount to the spiritual foundations which the Lord Jesus Christ had laid out during his ministry going through the earth, and world he understood, growing up to learn about even the Law itself by going to the synagogues.

Jesus having become sin, the sin sacrifice for all people, anyone who places their faith on him, and his finished works on the cross, are seen as Children of God, which is a change of perspective of once being a sinner, though all people have sinned, and will sin in their life. Though now the sinner is changed into being a child of God, in and through faith on the one who died for them, and was buried, and raised again on their behalf.

Now that person takes part of the inner regeneration of putting off the old man, by picking up the cross and following after the Lord Jesus Christ, having a renewed mind on heavenly things which is where our hope, is laid upon which is unseen but made reality through faith and experience of having the Holy Spirit of God with-in you, and also the Spirit of Christ that lives with-in you. Which now brings you into the heavenly kingdom which is residing in the heart of the believer, made right with God through faith to have peace with God, always having an expect hope of the Goodness of God to win out, and his desires to be met, and his will to be done which is to share this good news of the Lord Jesus which brings forth new spiritual life in faith, and has a hope for after this life, which all people are resurrected and go on to the Realm where God resides, the Heavenly Jerusalem. With some being with-in the Kingdom, and people being outside of the Kingdom. To have love for God first, and to have love for others second and to treat them as you would yourself.

Truly amazing things, God bless.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The meek are the opposite of the self-righteous, they are the born-again.

It's hard for me to understand how an intelligent person such as yourself can take the Scriptures in such a corrupted manner.
What is born again Charlie?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 10:16​

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Jesus is talking about Gentiles that would be brought into the fold.

They listen to the voice of Jesus Christ, and they become one with the believers because of this what Paul brings to revelation.

Ephesians 4:1-6​

Unity and Maturity in the Body of Christ​

4 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all,who is over all and through all and in all.

John 17:20-23​

Jesus Prays for All Believers​

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Galatians 3:26-28​

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Hope this helps @Robert Gwin see that people who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are made right with God and can have peace with Jehovah because of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ! They can be seen as born again Children of God and all have unity together as believers.

Which I love you for who you are, and your odd beliefs, but at least we can get something right from scripture that people who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, whom God had sent, are made right with God and that they are able to have a new life because of the Lord Jesus Christ living with-in them.

I know you tend to focus on other subjects, but this one is an important subject to at least acknowledge from scriptures themselves, that just being part of Jehovah Witness, doesn't make you better than anyone ; it is the same thing with the Latter Day Saints, who have also have strange beliefs, and a lot of their performance merits come from the things they do, and not what the Lord Jesus Christ had done for them.

Anyway, God bless you friend and may you be set free. As I believe people should be set free of their religion they had been in for so long, though many may choose not to leave because they would become isolated and hated as what tends to happens in group organizations that run this way.

May God bless your friends and family, if you decide to also share this truth with them that it all comes down to faith which makes us Children of God through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, that one day we will go and live with God in heaven, and that now today, we are can have a new life that is predicated on the Spirit.

Hope you understand, may God bless you, and your family. You have the right to reject this information if you so choose too.
The burial, and resurrection is of no consequence to our salvation Matt. It was Jesus' death that redeemed mankind. The resurrection of Jesus of course solidifies our hope, as the resurrection is a promise from God. Were you aware that billions will be resurrected? Every single individual who has died, and has not sinned against the holy spirit, will be resurrected sir. Hell will be emptied, and since it will no longer be needed, it will be cast into the lake of fire as well, gone forever Rev 20:13,14

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Death, burial, and resurrection is consequence for having the world reconciled to himself.

2 Corinthians 5:
Ambassadors for Christ
…18All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God wasreconciling the world to Himself in Christ,not counting men’s trespasses against them. And He has committed to us themessage of reconciliation. 20Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God.…

Did you know that there are people who are also outside of the gate in the Kingdom of heaven, @Robert Gwin?

Revelation 22:14-15​

Revised Standard Version​

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes,[a] that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. 15 Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, and every one who loves and practices falsehood.

That must mean these people will be resurrected as well, only outside of the Kingdom of Heaven will they be, unlike those who may have the right to the tree of life, which is of course looking towards the Lord Jesus Christ who gives life.

John 6
Many Disciples Turn Back
(Matthew 8:18–22; Luke 9:57–62; Luke 14:25–33)

59Jesus said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum. 60On hearing it, many of His disciples said, “This is a difficult teaching. Who can accept it?”

61Aware that His disciples were grumbling about this teaching, Jesus asked them, “Does this offend you? 62Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?

63The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64However, there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him.)

65Then Jesus said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless the Father has granted it to him.”

66From that time on many of His disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him.

Peter’s Confession of Faith
(Matthew 16:13–20; Mark 8:27–30; Luke 9:18–20)

67So Jesus asked the Twelve, “Do you want to leave too?”

68Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life.69We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God.f

70Jesus answered them, “Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!”71He was speaking about Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. For although Judas was one of the Twelve, he was later to betray Jesus.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is born again Charlie?

It's being baptized into the death of Christ through faith, entering the New Covenant.

I agree we just have a down payment on our salvation until the resurrection where the purchase in made complete.

But we are told that we can have assurance of our salvation here and now.

John makes it clear that we are saved now, Paul places salvation in the past tense in this life.

A salvation of works brings fear, but a salvation of faith brings assurance.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those born again were never actually born in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.