Calculating the Rapture? 7 Factors to Consider

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A
He said after the tribulation of those days he would come and gather us. Not only us, but he would also gather the goats as well and throw them into the fire.

He didn't say that happens the same day. In Rev 20 Jesus tells us there is a thousand years inbetween.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I had to pick an end time date I would go with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half. Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060." - Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However... Isaac Newton notes...

"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." - Isaac Newton

Before Christ comes the Anti-Christ must be revealed...

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Who....

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. - Revelation 13:16-18

I traveled to Tahiti and couldn't help but notice all the electronic devices hooked to databases. All you have to do is swipe your passports and all your information comes up. You can even have your iPhone display your ticket information. We are not far away from having everything stored on a universal database in which we will all be required to be tied to! And for most folk this will be just another tattoo! 2060AD is a very close, scientific, and accurate prediction!

I believe that the Ezekiel 38 prophecy happens before 2060 AD

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. - Ezekiel 38:8

In the latter years... Not at the end of days.... If I had to come up with a timeline...

Seven church ages - 33 - 2053AD
Restoration of Israel - 1948AD
Current Year - 2022AD
Ezekiel 38-39 prophecy - 2027AD
Rebuilding of the temple - 2030AD (Ezekiel 40)
Rapture - 2053 AD
Tribulation - 2053 - 2060 AD ending with the battle of Armageddon
Coming of Christ Jesus - 12.25.2060 - Exactly 1260 years from the time of the inauguration of Charlemagne King.
The Millennial Reign of Christ- 12.25.2060 - 12.25.3060
The Last Battle Against the Old Arch-Angel Lucifer- 1.1.3061
The Great Disassociation- 3061 AD

If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Mass can disassociate into plasma, and plasma can re-associate into mass, however to the Father's will and liking. In 3061AD I would look for a great Great Disassociation in which all the elements will return to the plasma energy from whence they were forged and God is going to do something else with it. And described in 2 Peter...

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

In which case I am hopes that Christians take their trials with patience, as it is said....

For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. - Hebrews 10:34

And Peter reemphasizing...

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? - 2 Peter 3:12

Last edited:

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He didn't say that happens the same day.

Matt
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not provide its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And at that time the sign of the Son of Man [coming in His glory] will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth [and especially Israel] will mourn [regretting their rebellion and rejection of the Messiah], and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory [in brilliance and splendor]. 31 And He will send His angels with a loud trumpet and they will gather together His elect (God’s chosen ones) from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Mk
21 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed)!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it; 22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will provide signs and wonders in order to deceive, if [such a thing were] possible, even the elect [those God has chosen for Himself]. 23 But be on your guard; I have told you everything in advance.
24 “But in those days, after [the suffering and distress of] that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from the sky, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory [in royal majesty and splendor]. 27 And then He will send out the angels, and will gather together His elect [those He has chosen for Himself] from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If I had to pick an end time date I would go with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half. Daniel 12:7

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060." - Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However... Isaac Newton notes...

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." - Isaac Newton

Before Christ comes the Anti-Christ must be revealed...

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Who....

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. - Revelation 13:16-18

I traveled to Tahiti and couldn't help but notice all the electronic devices hooked to databases. All you have to do is swipe your passports and all your information comes up. You can even have your iPhone display your ticket information. We are not far away from having everything stored on a universal database in which we will all be required to be tied to! And for most folk this will be just another tattoo! 2060AD is a very close, scientific, and accurate prediction!

I believe that the Ezekiel 38 prophecy happens before 2060 AD

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. - Ezekiel 38:8

In the latter years... Not at the end of days.... If I had to come up with a timeline...

Seven church ages - 33 - 2053AD
Restoration of Israel - 1948AD
Current Year - 2022AD
Ezekiel 38-39 prophecy - 2027AD
Rebuilding of the temple - 2030AD (Ezekiel 40)
Rapture - 2053 AD
Tribulation - 2053 - 2060 AD ending with the battle of Armageddon
Coming of Christ Jesus - 12.25.2060 - Exactly 1260 years from the time of the inauguration of Charlemagne King.
The Millennial Reign of Christ- 12.25.2060 - 12.25.3060
The Last Battle Against the Old Arch-Angel Lucifer- 1.1.3061
The Great Disassociation- 3061 AD

If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Mass can disassociate into plasma, and plasma can re-associate into mass, however to the Father's will and liking. In 3061AD I would look for a great Great Disassociation in which all the elements will return to the plasma energy from whence they were forged and God is going to do something else with it. And described in 2 Peter...

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

In which case I am hopes that Christians take their trials with patience, as it is said....

For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. - Hebrews 10:34

And Peter reemphasizing...

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? - 2 Peter 3:12

Isaac Newton. Unitarian. Denied the deity of Christ’s person.

In which... I would assume such a one in the flesh and out of the Spirit. And the Bible thing to do when meeting these people is to stop... Give them a strange look... And keep on going!

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. - Romans 16:17

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not provide its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And at that time the sign of the Son of Man [coming in His glory] will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth [and especially Israel] will mourn [regretting their rebellion and rejection of the Messiah], and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory [in brilliance and splendor]. 31 And He will send His angels with a loud trumpet and they will gather together His elect (God’s chosen ones) from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Mk
21 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed)!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it; 22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will provide signs and wonders in order to deceive, if [such a thing were] possible, even the elect [those God has chosen for Himself]. 23 But be on your guard; I have told you everything in advance.
24 “But in those days, after [the suffering and distress of] that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from the sky, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory [in royal majesty and splendor]. 27 And then He will send out the angels, and will gather together His elect [those He has chosen for Himself] from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

Neither support your claim.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He doesn't properly justify the use of AC 800 (fully unrelated to anything Rev 11 speaks about) and wrongly changes 1260 days to 1260 years.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think Jesus meant by those words :rolleyes:
Can you put a bit of effort into your posts?

How about we get back to the claim that isn't true? You claim the gathering of the righteous is the same day as the gathering of the unrighteous ie: lake of fire punishment. Scripture says no such thing in fact it directly opposes such a theory in Rev 20 where a thousand years must happen before the unrighteous go to the LOF.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about we get back to the claim that isn't true? You claim the gathering of the righteous is the same day as the gathering of the unrighteous ie: lake of fire punishment. Scripture says no such thing in fact it directly opposes such a theory in Rev 20 where a thousand years must happen before the unrighteous go to the LOF.
It states it very clearly several times. All you have is your Rev 20 card that butchers the text to contradict what is plainly stated.
Ill post the Lords words again

Matt 13
40 So just as the weeds are gathered up and burned in the fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend [those things by which people are led into sin], and all who practice evil [leading others into sin], 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping [over sorrow and pain] and grinding of teeth [over distress and anger]. 43 Then the righteous [those who seek the will of God] will shine forth [radiating the new life] like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears [to hear], let him hear and heed My words.

49 So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw the wicked into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping [over sorrow and pain] and grinding of teeth [over distress and anger].

51 “Have you understood all these things [in the lessons of the parables]?” They said to Jesus, “Yes.”

Matt 25
31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory and majesty and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him [for judgment]; and He will separate them from one another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right [the place of honor], and the goats on His left [the place of rejection].

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God, appointed to eternal salvation], inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Leave Me, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels (demons);

Paul agrees with Jesus
2Thess 1
5 This is a positive proof of the righteous judgment of God [a sign of His fair verdict], so that you will be considered worthy of His kingdom, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you, 7 and to give relief to you who are so distressed and to us as well when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire, 8 dealing out [full and complete] vengeance to those who do not [seek to] know God and to those who ignore and refuse to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus [by choosing not to respond to Him]. 9 These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day [that is, glorified through the changed lives of those who have accepted Him as Savior and have been set apart for His purpose], and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed and trusted [and confirmed in your lives].

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It states it very clearly several times. All you have is your Rev 20 card that butchers the text to contradict what is plainly stated.

Rev 20 does not "butcher" anything.

Ill post the Lords words again

Matt 13
40 So just as the weeds are gathered up and burned in the fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend [those things by which people are led into sin], and all who practice evil [leading others into sin], 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping [over sorrow and pain] and grinding of teeth [over distress and anger]. 43 Then the righteous [those who seek the will of God] will shine forth [radiating the new life] like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears [to hear], let him hear and heed My words.

49 So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw the wicked into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping [over sorrow and pain] and grinding of teeth [over distress and anger].

Are you not reading this? The wicked are separated at THE END OF THE AGE. That's what the middle part of Rev 20 shows us. Only the wicked are being judged and cast into fire.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@jeffweeder

It happens when Christ reigns at the 7th Trumpet. When his Kingdom comes and he begins to reign, he will separate the sheep from the goats. The goats will suffer the bowls, God’s wrath. The sheep will not. Then they will be in the kingdom for the 1k year approx. reign. Both scriptures you linked demonstrates harmony with Rev 20
The wicked will be punished in his kingdom, not before. The righteous go to eternal life when his kingdom comes, not 7 years before it.

Last edited:

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rev 20 does not "butcher" anything.

Are you not reading this? The wicked are separated at THE END OF THE AGE. That's what the middle part of Rev 20 shows us. Only the wicked are being judged and cast into fire.

The way you interpret Rev 20 contradicts Jesus in those other texts.

Yes, I am reading all those texts, are you? Your interpretation of Rev 20 is contradicting all 4 of those texts.
The wicked are dealt with when Jesus comes a second time to gather his own.

Matt 13

Your interpretation of Rev 20 has the righteous glorified in the kingdom 1000 years prior.

The wicked are separated from the righteous and judged. You have the righteous separated a thousand years before they are judged

The following texts have Jesus coming again with his Angels in vengeance to eternally judge the wicked on the day of the righteous receiving their glorified inheritance.

Matt 25
31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory and majesty and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him [for judgment]; and He will separate them from one another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right [the place of honor], and the goats on His left [the place of rejection].

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God, appointed to eternal salvation], inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Leave Me, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels (demons);

Paul agrees with Jesus
2Thess 1
5 This is a positive proof of the righteous judgment of God [a sign of His fair verdict], so that you will be considered worthy of His kingdom, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you, 7 and to give relief to you who are so distressed and to us as well when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire, 8 dealing out [full and complete] vengeance to those who do not [seek to] know God and to those who ignore and refuse to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus [by choosing not to respond to Him]. 9 These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day [that is, glorified through the changed lives of those who have accepted Him as Savior and have been set apart for His purpose], and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed and trusted [and confirmed in your lives].

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@jeffweeder

The wicked will be punished in his kingdom, not before. The righteous go to eternal life when his kingdom comes, not 7 years before it.

The wicked are gathered out of his kingdom and judged at his coming at the end of the age. THEN the righteous are glorified.

Matt 13

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wicked are gathered out of his kingdom and judged at his coming at the end of the age. THEN the righteous are glorified.
1. The wicked are gathered out of his kingdom: Yes.
2. They are judged at his coming: Yes
3. Then the righteous shine in the kingdom: Yes

Nothing different then what I said

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1. The wicked are gathered out of his kingdom: Yes.
2. They are judged at his coming: Yes
3. Then the righteous shine in the kingdom: Yes

Nothing different then what I said

Ok. Where do you place the 1000 years?

I have your 3 points happening quickly when he comes, as we shine in the kingdom in a twinkling of an eye. When he appears, we shall be like his glorious body for we shall see him as he is.

Benjamin731

Jan 1, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JUNK. Pure JUNK. No man knows the day or hour of Christ's future return, just as Jesus said.

It is obvious that you did not even read the post. His point #3 states exactly that (Calculating the Rapture? 7 Factors to Consider). The whole message is about NOT setting specific dates, and our attitude.

He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him. Proverbs 18:13

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. Where do you place the 1000 years?

I have your 3 points happening quickly when he comes, as we shine in the kingdom in a twinkling of an eye. When he appears, we shall be like his glorious body for we shall see him as he is.
The 1k years begins at His coming. When he sits on his glorious throne. When the kingdoms of this world become his.
His Kingdom won’t be initially clean till he purges it.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 1k years begins at His coming. When he sits on his glorious throne. When the kingdoms of this world become his.
His Kingdom won’t be initially clean till he purges it.

Are we not glorified at his coming?
He then purges his kingdom when he comes at the end of this age.

Matt 13

Matt 28
18 Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority (all power of absolute rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.”

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn’t say otherwise. But we will appear with him in glory, when he appears in his kingdom. Colossians 3:4,
2 Timothy 4:1

That means the millennium doesn't start at his coming as the wicked are judged and thrown into the fire at his coming when we shine at the end of the age.