Can you be pro-choice and still be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't disagree with anything quoted here but none of it is relevant to any point raised in this thread.
Oh , well i never said it was . Your right its not relevant to this post . BUT IT IS REVLEVANT FOR ALL TO HEAR .
THAT JESUS ONLY SAVES and IF ONE WANTS that salvation they better RUN TO HIM .
Pointing to JESUS truly is the only thing that gives me any hope , any joy , any peace .
OH BUT WHAT HOPE WHAT JOY AND WHAT PEACE THIS IS . PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh , well i never said it was . Your right its not relevant to this post . BUT IT IS REVLEVANT FOR ALL TO HEAR .
THAT JESUS ONLY SAVES and IF ONE WANTS that salvation they better RUN TO HIM .
Pointing to JESUS truly is the only thing that gives me any hope , any joy , any peace .
OH BUT WHAT HOPE WHAT JOY AND WHAT PEACE THIS IS . PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD

Cant dispute that. Carry On

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are going according to scripture what are we told to seek?

What did Moses ask to see?

"And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory." Ex 33:18

And what response did Moses receive?

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Ex 33:20-23

What was David told to seek?

Ps 27:8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

What did Jesus tell us to seek?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;..." Matt 6:33

And according to that where would the "black and white truth" [if needed] come from...?

"...and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

And then we when read what Paul was inspired to write we find this:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

When and how do we arrive at that "then face to face"?
Could it not relate back to the Matt 6:33 cited above?

And then consider what John wrote here:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2
Not that these would be new to you, but:

If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. (John 7:17)

One Lord, one faith, one baptism, (Ephesians 4:5)

(I'm kinda lazy when it comes to looking up verses. I type slow, too.) :D

And yet, I can't say I disagree with hardly anything you have here, my friend. :)

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, when people come up with slogans they are usually trying to feed you a lie. Eternal security is not a phrase that appears in the Bible. The day you are saved is not Judgment Day. You and I and everyone else is yet to be judged as to whether or not we are going to heaven. So eternal security has nothing to do with Christianity. And I disagree that the OSAS group is pro-life....I disagree to the extreme...there is no moral conviction that they hold...they preach sin and sin some more and the blood of Christ covers it all and you are guaranteed heaven.

Now having said that....what group of OSAS are you in? At least four possible groups...not that any are really good.
You're funny. :p

So I used the wrong phrase...

OSAS is not in the Bible, either.

So what group of OSAS are you in?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you support pro-choice and abortion and still be a Christian?
Not really. "Pro-choice" is a false and misleading term, used by those who wish to hide the fact that abortion is murder, and the death penalty is applicable to murderers and their accomplices. Abortion-promotion is also genocide.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really. "Pro-choice" is a false and misleading term, used by those who wish to hide the fact that abortion is murder, and the death penalty is applicable to murderers and their accomplices. Abortion-promotion is also genocide.

All true but the original question was: Can a Christian have a pro choice view. ( doesn't imply actually committing the act)

The answer is yes they can.

It is wrong. It is against scripture. Arguably the belief would be a sin as well.

That said, the "sin" of a pro abortion belief ( in God's eye and only in terms of salvation) for a true Christian will not remove their salvation any more than any other sinful act.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...I don't think it's a matter that really effects someone's salvation, I agree with you on this...
Unrepentant murderers cannot be saved until and unless they repent. So someone who continues to be involved with abortions and/or their promotion cannot enter the Kingdom of God. Furthermore, there is a demonic and Satanic element to the abortion industry, which only makes matters worse. America sealed its doom on the day that the government and the courts made abortion (murder) legal and redefined the meaning of a fetus. Now we are seeing the total destruction of the USA and the West.

Reactions: APAK

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All true but the original question was: Can a Christian have a pro choice view. ( doesn't imply actually committing the act)
Yes it does imply committing the act. Just as Jesus said that looking on a woman with lust constitutes adultery, and hatred constitutes murder.

Reactions: APAK

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that these would be new to you, but:

If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. (John 7:17)

One Lord, one faith, one baptism, (Ephesians 4:5)

(I'm kinda lazy when it comes to looking up verses. I type slow, too.) :D

And yet, I can't say I disagree with hardly anything you have here, my friend. :)
Give God the glory!

Reactions: BarneyFife

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you support pro-choice and abortion and still be a Christian?
What do you think?
Wynona, the answer is a resounding NO!....they cannot STILL be a TRUE Christian for any length of time.
Let me explain it.

Abortion represents a vile evil spirit or a powerful force of the world today. It takes its cue from its past parent spirit, of child sacrifice. And they still do this ritual today! One of the two most abominable sins of the OT was children sacrifice to idols and demons. God finally divorced Israel because of their relentless practice of it. It is that damming that causes great spiritual warfare.

Now a new believer in Christ carries old world, old man baggage. If one of these is this heathen world view that abortion is ok even to the smallest degree, it will be one of the first to go, for good. The Spirit of truth will war against this evil spirit still influencing that believer. The Spirit will CONVICT and guide the believer to forsake this view completely and permanently.

If after a time, say a few years, this believer still clings on to this sick world view about killing pre-born out-of-the-womb babies, I would question if that person was genuinely saved as a true believer in the first place. They could be a CINO!

So no, a true believer in Christ cannot STILL continue and STILL BE pro-choice or pro-abortion for even several years after conversion.

APAK

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So no, a true believer in Christ cannot STILL continue and STILL BE pro-choice or pro-abortion for even several years after conversion.

So, is this meaning a "true believer" cannot hold any 'sinful belief" and be mentally perfect?

Unless thats true and the requirement of a "true believer" then a "true believer' can still be on the lifelong trail of submitting "sin" to Christ in the flesh. If thats the case then they could hold a false "even sinful" belief unto death and still be a "true believer" ( written in the book of Life).

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, is this meaning a "true believer" cannot hold any 'sinful belief" and be mentally perfect?

Unless thats true and the requirement of a "true believer" then a "true believer' can still be on the lifelong trail of submitting "sin" to Christ in the flesh. If thats the case then they could hold a false "even sinful" belief unto death and still be a "true believer" ( written in the book of Life).
I think you are jumping the gun here AS. I never said or meant your squeezed-out peculiar implication. Please reread my post again. Thanks

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are jumping the gun here AS. I never said or meant your squeezed-out peculiar implication. Please reread my post again. Thanks

I did and I've read enough of your posts to where i don't think you and I are widely apart on most issues which is why that post surprised me.

I must be reading it wrong so please clarify for me.