Celebrate Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Celebrating easter is another example where subversion is possible! We should not celebrate 'easter', with easter eggs (representing the goddess of fertility, which is the pagan celebration of easter), and chocolate rabbits!

Rather we should celebrate the passover! Share the wine and the bread! By doing this, we celebrate completely differently, and make many people wonder and ask..

We must show ourselves to be a peculiar nation, set apart and different, walking according to faith.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'to make holy' is not what it originally meant

the word 'hell' is a derivative of 'hallow'

Why do you believe that Hallowed is a derivative of the word hell?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Ah....of course......I must just not be reading the Bible!

I guess someone should have given Augustine and the rest of the early church fathers the same advice - it would have saved them so much time.....

explain that comment please

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
maybe some of these so called christians who defend halloween are actually satans workers in disguise.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok.... Not a problem! :)

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
so what will people be doing instead of halloween? harvest party at your local church? stay home and pray?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
the best course of action would have been to abolish the pagan holiday instead of adapting it to be about christ, and celebrating christs birthday as a completely seperate event.
and you can't tell me that halloween is a christian holiday. it doesn't have one single redeeming feature and shouldn't be compared to christmas to begin with. what does samhain (evil spirit) have to do with jesus?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there was a pretty interesting show on the History Channel last night on Halloween... Anyone see it?

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
the best course of action would have been to abolish the pagan holiday instead of adapting it to be about christ, and celebrating christs birthday as a completely seperate event.

That can still be done. But it would take leadership, corriage and determination to do it by simply celebrating Jesus' birthday on some other month of the year. But I am not going to hold my breath on that one. Like I said before, too many Christians are more like followers than leaders and have become too comfortable with the way it is.

and you can't tell me that halloween is a christian holiday. it doesn't have one single redeeming feature and shouldn't be compared to christmas to begin with. what does samhain (evil spirit) have to do with jesus?

No redeemable feature? How about the giving of candies? Christians could turn that into a day of giving poor children gift such as school book, pencils and whatever else children might need for school. They could also give fruits instead of candies. Just use your imagination.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
That can still be done. But it would take leadership, corriage and determination to do it by simply celebrating Jesus' birthday on some other month of the year. But I am not going to hold my breath on that one. Like I said before, too many Christians are more like followers than leaders and have become too comfortable with the way it is.

No redeemable feature? How about the giving of candies? Christians could turn that into a day of giving poor children gift such as school book, pencils and whatever else children might need for school. They could also give fruits instead of candies. Just use your imagination.

but don't you know that the tradition of trick or treating is symbolic for human sacrifice to samhain or satan?

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
but don't you know that the tradition of trick or treating is symbolic for human sacrifice to samhain or satan?

So was Christmas before Christians changed it......pagan practice is simply service to Satan. The Christmas tree was a pagan symbol....God even forbid the children from doing it.

A description of the Christmas tree

Jeremiah 10:1-5 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel.
[sup]2 [/sup]Thus says the Lord: "Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
[sup]3 [/sup]For the customs of the peoples are futile; For one cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
[sup]4 [/sup]They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple.
[sup]5 [/sup]They are upright, like a palm tree, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them, For they cannot do evil, Nor can they do any good."