'Christ in you, the hope of glory'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Whereof I am made a minister,
according to the dispensation of God
which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Even The Mystery
which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
but now is made manifest to His saints:
To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this Mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach,
warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
... ... '
(Colossians 1:25-28)

Hello there,

I would particularly like to hear @soul man's thoughts on this, for he has discussed the subject of 'Christ in you' from different angles many times. Yet obviously it is open for all to comment on or discuss. :)

I do not believe these words in Colossians 1:27, refer to 'Christ in you' individually, but corporately: I believe that the word 'in' should be rendered, 'among'. For though the subject of the prayer of Paul in Ephesians for, 'the saints and faithful brethren in Christ', is that God would strengthen them in their 'inner man' that Christ may dwell in their hearts by faith (Ephesians 3:16-17), I do not believe that these words, 'Christ in (or among) us, the hope of glory' (above), relates to this.

I believe that it relates to the fact that in Acts 28:28, 'salvation' was 'sent to the Gentiles', no longer was salvation 'of the Jews' (John 4:22), only.

Christ, was now 'in', or , '
among' the nations, (or Gentiles): the word of salvation would be heard 'among' them; and would be their hope of glory. Israel, as a nation having rejected Christ (both during His earthly ministry, and 'Christ risen' during the ministry of the Apostles), both in the land and in the dispersion, and had departed into the darkness of unbelief (temporarily): except of course, for those individuals who would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved by grace along with believing Gentiles. independent of Israel. following that departure.

An example of the use of another word, where, 'among,' is meant, is in (Luke 17:21)
'Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within (or among) you.'

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even The Mystery
Whom we preach,
... ... '

Hello there,

I would particularly like to hear @soul man's thoughts on this, for he has discussed the subject of 'Christ in you' from different angles many times. Yet obviously it is open for all to comment on or discuss. :)

I do not believe these words in Colossians 1:27, refer to 'Christ in you' individually, but corporately: I believe that the word 'in' should be rendered, 'among'. For though the subject of the prayer of Paul in Ephesians for, 'the saints and faithful brethren in Christ', is that God would strengthen them in their 'inner man' that Christ may dwell in their hearts by faith (Ephesians 3:16-17), I do not believe that these words, 'Christ in (or among) us, the hope of glory' (above), relates to this.

I believe that it relates to the fact that in Acts 28:28, 'salvation' was 'sent to the Gentiles', no longer was salvation 'of the Jews' (John 4:22), only.

among' the nations, (or Gentiles): the word of salvation would be heard 'among' them; and would be their hope of glory. Israel, as a nation, having rejected Christ (both during His earthly ministry, and 'Christ risen' during the ministry of the Apostles), both in the land and in the dispersion, and had departed into the darkness of unbelief: except of course, for those individuals who would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved by grace, along with believing Gentiles independent of Israel following that departure.

An example of the use of another word, where, 'among,' is meant, is in (Luke 17:21)
'Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within (or among) you.'

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I believe that when we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of God that Christ resides in that Holy Spirit as mediator between man and God. So We are in Christ and Christ in us. It is important to sealing us from devils and possessions, etc. Sealed to be guided and directed by God.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Reactions: soul man and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An example of the use of another word, where, 'among,' is meant, is in (Luke 17:21) 'Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within (or among) you.'
I find both of this examples debatable. Speaking specifically of Colossians 1:27, it seems to me valid from the immediate grammar to see it either way. As I check some of my references I see a mixture of opinion also. Vincent says, not in you, but among you, Robertson says, Not among you, but in you.

To me it just makes more sense to to see this as the individual expected end in glory for those who are filled with Christ.

Romans 8:10-11 KJV
10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11) But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Much love!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even The Mystery
Whom we preach,
... ... '

Hello there,

among' the nations, (or Gentiles): the word of salvation would be heard 'among' them; and would be their hope of glory. Israel, as a nation, having rejected Christ (both during His earthly ministry, and 'Christ risen' during the ministry of the Apostles), both in the land and in the dispersion, and had departed into the darkness of unbelief: except of course, for those individuals who would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved by grace, along with believing Gentiles independent of Israel following that departure.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

We were chosen to be in the last Adam. We were not chosen to be in the first Adam. God righted that wrong! How we put that together is dependent on the believer and how they see the scriptures. But we know we were chosen to be in him before God created anything. Ephesians 1:4.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even The Mystery
Whom we preach,
... ... '

Hello there,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

It fully means Christ in each of us who have been washed in His Blood and have the Holy Spirit.

The Promise of the LORD spoken to His disciples in John 1:1-6 has been fulfilled for every Sanctified Saint in Christ.

1“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2In My Father’s house are many [a]mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even The Mystery
Whom we preach,
... ... '

Hello there,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

That of course as the verse said Chris, written to the Saints, spirit begotten Christians.