Christian "gay Bashing"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MaxTO

Oct 30, 2010
I think that I will worry about my sins first before I seek other peoples sins out and assume that its my job to make others see there wrong doing .

Until the day comes that I am sin free , I will humbly prey that my actions will speak to my beliefs and in some way inspire another .

However , I do think that promoting a " life style " via propaganda is wrong and as a result I chose to exercise my right and have my cable cut .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that I will worry about my sins first before I seek other peoples sins out and assume that its my job to make others see there wrong doing .

Until the day comes that I am sin free , I will humbly prey that my actions will speak to my beliefs and in some way inspire another .

However , I do think that promoting a " life style " via propaganda is wrong and as a result I chose to exercise my right and have my cable cut .

I've been tv-free since 2003 - I never miss it! I would be internet free too if my wife didn't put her foot down....

Peace

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Wow this is truly a heated debate!

All in all I think many Christians are oversimplifying this issue. For many Christians its so simple, even black & white.

But I think when you really talk to homosexuals and hear some of their stories, you'll find that this is a much more complicated issue. While working on this episode, I've come across many stories. One for example is of a young man who is a whole-hearted, dedicated Christian who served in the Church for many years who finally realized that he was gay. He became personally conflicted and even angry at God. He eventually stopped going to church all-together. Keep in mind that his dad is also a Pastor.

I think we tend to forget that homosexuals exist among us. They are not some outside, foreign group that exist on the fringes of society, they are in our schools, in our neighborhoods, and even in our churches. Just because they don't openly announce it doesn't mean that they aren't there. And sure, I know many believe that all homosexuals come from broken homes, dysfunctional family units, or sexual abuse, but you'll also find that many of them come from normal family backgrounds. Surprisingly, a good number of the people we interviewed at the Gay Pride Parade came from religious/Christian homes.

I think its convenient for us to label them as all being promiscuous, flamboyant, God-hating, demon posessed, drug addicted etc. because we don't want to recognize the complexity of this issue. Sure, there are many homosexuals who are flamboyant and promiscuous, but I've come across many who in loving, committed, monogamous relationships.

As Pastor Ken Fong commented in the video, let's come to terms with this issue in our own lives. How many of us have family members, friends, co-workers, church members who are gay? The first step in properly dealing with this issue is to recognize how close this issue is to our own lives.

Dude it matters not how close they are to us. It is still PERVERSION.

It is a person that has bought into the lies of the enemy and turned their mind over to be reprobate. Homosexuality is perversion any way you look at it.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
"There is a reason why the act of homosexuality should not be condoned. Studies have shown that the rate of STDs are higher among those who practiced homosexual activities. According to research studies..." -- Selene

-- But even if that was not a fruit of that activity, the mere fact that God has said he finds it to be an abomination is reason enough.

Hello Foreigner,

God said no to homosexuality because He knows that the result of such activity would lead to sexually transmitted diseases and to non-procreation, which is a bad thing for the human race.

In Christ,
Selene

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep the devil likes your idea I am sure. Just sit down and shut up and maybe even stick your head in the sand.

When Jesus said it is finished he meant it. That was all he was going to do. Now we have the authority as the chruch to do something about it.

So tell me, what sins do you suppose He did cover? And as per your suggestion, The Lord started something, and then left it to us fallible beings, to set it straight????????? My, my...Yes judging others is the easiest thing for us humans to do....Accepting that The Lord is offering this wonderous free gift to all men, is obviously just completely above most peoples heads

Good luck with your way....Me, I would rather accept that I know very little ( compared with The Lord ) even after more than 25 years, but do my best to keep seeking Him for His way.

Regards Pia

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Hello Foreigner,

God said no to homosexuality because He knows that the result of such activity would lead to sexually transmitted diseases and to non-procreation, which is a bad thing for the human race.

In Christ,
Selene

-- I understand your point, but those who support the homosexual lifestyle would likely ask two questions.

1. Does that mean that if there was a way to prevent all sexually transmitted diseases that God would support this activity? Because God gave similar directives such as not eating pork due to dangers from improper preperation. But today Christians are known to have a delicious McRib at a McDonald's.

2. Does this mean that those heterosexual married couples that cannot have children for medical reasons or due to age should be condemned because of 'non-procreation?'

And yes, I do know the answer to these questions. But you could see how your response could prompt them from those who support this agenda.
The responses, depending on how they are given, could be twisted into showing possible hypocrisy.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
-- I understand your point, but those who support the homosexual lifestyle would likely ask two questions.

1. Does that mean that if there was a way to prevent all sexually transmitted diseases that God would support this activity? Because God gave similar directives such as not eating pork due to dangers from improper preperation. But today Christians are known to have a delicious McRib at a McDonald's.

2. Does this mean that those heterosexual married couples that cannot have children for medical reasons or due to age should be condemned because of 'non-procreation?'

And yes, I do know the answer to these questions. But you could see how your response could prompt them from those who support this agenda.
The responses, depending on how they are given, could be twisted into showing possible hypocrisy.

Actually, those who support homosexuality are not even using these agenda. Instead, they're saying that they were born that way and that their rights are being violated because they don't have the right to marry. Even if we found a cure for STDs, that does not mean that it's okay to have anal sex. In the same way, even if we were to find a cure for AIDS does not mean that it's okay to share dirty needles (which causes AIDS). Also, there are marriages in the Bible where women like Sarah was barren. But her marriage to Abraham was not condemned.

In Christ,
Selene

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
But you will not that God tdid not leave the relationship between them barren.

So if a homosexual says "It is not okay for us to have anal sex, but it is alright for a married couple to have anal sex?" how would you respond?
What scripture would you use to parse that?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only reason we are even capable of seeing personal sin in others is to convict ourselves of our own personal sin. Seeing our own sin is supposed to lead us to repentance and empathy for our fellow human beings, not judgment.

Peace

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
But you will not that God tdid not leave the relationship between them barren.

So if a homosexual says "It is not okay for us to have anal sex, but it is alright for a married couple to have anal sex?" how would you respond?
What scripture would you use to parse that?

Hello Foreigner,

I'm a Catholic, and my Church teaches that anal sex, oral sex, masturbation, and even oral contraception and other birth control methods are all wrong even for married couples. God's first commandment in Genesis was to procreate. Anal sex, oral sex, masturbation, and oral contraception and other birth control methods prevents the procreation of human beings, which goes against God's first commandment in Genesis; therefore, my Church stands against all of these.

We believe that children are gifts from God. A spouse who has a medical problem and cannnot conceive children is usually not known until after marriage. The Church is not against such marriage because the Church believes that only God can perform miracles such as in the case of Sarah.

In Christ,
Selene

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Selene - I think that reasoning is great, as long as you are not homosexual or a couple who cannot have kids - and there more and more people who cannot have children everyday.

Peace

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Selene - I think that reasoning is great, as long as you are not homosexual or a couple who cannot have kids - and there more and more people who cannot have children everyday.

Peace

Hello Aspen,

A majority of women can have children. It is only a few who cannot due to some medical problem. Also, as a woman gets older, the risk of having children born with some type of handicap increases. My cousin is one of those few who was unable to have children of her own; however, she and her husband have adopted a child. On the other hand, my grandmother had 12 children, and I have a friend who has 11 children. I also know of a couple who has a total of 13 children, but 7 of those children died from miscarriages.

In Christ,
Selene

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Aspen,

A majority of women can have children. It is only a few who cannot due to some medical problem. Also, as a woman gets older, the risk of having children born with some type of handicap increases. My cousin is one of those few who was unable to have children of her own; however, she and her husband have adopted a child. On the other hand, my grandmother had 12 children, and I have a friend who has 11 children. I also know of a couple who has a total of 13 children, but 7 of those children died from miscarriages.

In Christ,
Selene

In my experience the Catholic Church's teachings are consistent - their stance on the value of life, for example - but in practice, they do not consider the impact of their consistent theology on real people. No birth control in developing countries....childless parents....ever increasing world population, etc.

Since this is not a thread about the Catholic Church, I am going to refrain from further comments here.

Peace

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
In my experience the Catholic Church's teachings are consistent - their stance on the value of life, for example - but in practice, they do not consider the impact of their consistent theology on real people. No birth control in developing countries....childless parents....ever increasing world population, etc.

Since this is not a thread about the Catholic Church, I am going to refrain from further comments here.

Peace

Hello Aspen,

One is supposed to put more faith and trust in God rather than in world populations, financial situations, etc. :) In the case of homosexuality, it is still against God's commandments. As Christians, we are to love the homosexuals and have compassion on them, but the act of homosexuality is still not to be condoned. God bless.

In Christ,
Selene

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
The reason that homosexuality is such a firestorm today is because there are so many homosexual activist constantly pushing it down the throats of the entire nation that it is normal and healthy for a person to be that way. This is a culture war that has gone on for years now with fevered intensity.

That is correct. Thank you.

Several years ago two (intelligent) gay men who were knowlegable in public relations came up with a plan to make homosexuality palatable and accepted by media and by society.

They were very successful.

Details in the book "The Marketing of Evil"

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Yep the devil likes your idea I am sure. Just sit down and shut up and maybe even stick your head in the sand.

I noticed that you ignored my post. I am wondering why you are not picketing bars - lots of alcoholics that need to know they are sinning. How about strip clubs and adult bookstores - lots of sinners in there. You see, my problem is that people with your mindset become outraged over homosexuals, but dismiss all the other sinful vices condoned by our culture. You know, alcoholics were drinking publicly long before homosexuality was ever tolerated in our culture and alcoholism costs the American people millions of dollars in medical bills for accidents and health related problems - not to mention it is a sin of gluttony. I am just asking you to be consistent - how is that 'putting my head it the sand'?

When Jesus said it is finished he meant it. That was all he was going to do. Now we have the authority as the church to do something about it.

By confronting homosexuals? How does that help them? You just dismissed my entire post because it pointed out how ridiculous condemning homosexuality really is, especially when we allow so many vices to exist in our culture. The fact is, we allow vices in our culture as long as we can make money on them - the dieting industry, sex industry, and alcohol industry are primes examples. Maybe homosexuality doesn't make enough money.....

Peace

Actually I did not dismiss any of your post. Personally I don't picket anybody or anything.
The reason that this man was in the street with a sign was because this was an open display in the city streets in the day time of perversion. Homosexuality is the lowest perversion one can name.

As for bars I know of people that do picket them as well as strip clubs. As far as picketing drunk drivers that ought to be interesting trying to keep up with them. You might consider trying that one.

You fail to realize and keep dismissing the fact that one of the main reasons that homosexuality is constantly in the news is because homosexual activist keep it there. This man questioning the man with the sign is doing exactly that. He is trying to make an example out of the bad Christians that are taking any kind of stand for morality.

If these people were openly making displays of say beastiality would you be protecting them? Would you even care about that either? Would you be trying to make the man look narrow minded if he were trying to tell them that this was wrong too? You have to stand for something or you will fall for anything.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I did not dismiss any of your post. Personally I don't picket anybody or anything.
The reason that this man was in the street with a sign was because this was an open display in the city streets in the day time of perversion. Homosexuality is the lowest perversion one can name.

As for bars I know of people that do picket them as well as strip clubs. As far as picketing drunk drivers that ought to be interesting trying to keep up with them. You might consider trying that one.

You fail to realize and keep dismissing the fact that one of the main reasons that homosexuality is constantly in the news is because homosexual activist keep it there. This man questioning the man with the sign is doing exactly that. He is trying to make an example out of the bad Christians that are taking any kind of stand for morality.

If these people were openly making displays of say beastiality would you be protecting them? Would you even care about that either? Would you be trying to make the man look narrow minded if he were trying to tell them that this was wrong too? You have to stand for something or you will fall for anything.

I am very active in my city, speaking out against drunk driving.

I am against all sexual activities that involve only one consenting adult - that includes bestiality, pedophilia, and all sex involving minors. I would have spoken out against homosexuality during the time of the early church - Paul spoke out against the most common form of the practice - teacher/student relationships in the Greek and Roman culture. I still believe that homosexuality is not what God planned, but I am not going to judge two consenting adults for a sin I am not tempted by.

Peace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Before people become christians, you see them standing on one side of the road, pointing at the christians, laughing at them and calling them fools, then they become christians, they stand on the other side of the road , point at all the so called unsaved, and laugh at them and call them fools. Whats. changed?? nothing but the side of the road they are standing on.

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I ask you, which one are you.

Now get this straight, God does not condone any sin, if you can look at a homosexual and declare to his face that he is a sinner, then you are worse then he is. When did you become so rightous that you have the right to call anyone a sinner. That log in your eyes must be mighty big, that you cannot see your own sin. Where is the love, in Christ alone, none to be found here.

In His LOve

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before people become christians, you see them standing on one side of the road, pointing at the christians, laughing at them and calling them fools, then they become christians, they stand on the other side of the road , point at all the so called unsaved, and laugh at them and call them fools. Whats. changed?? nothing but the side of the road they are standing on.

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I ask you, which one are you.

Now get this straight, God does not condone any sin, if you can look at a homosexual and declare to his face that he is a sinner, then you are worse then he is. When did you become so rightous that you have the right to call anyone a sinner. That log in your eyes must be mighty big, that you cannot see your own sin. Where is the love, in Christ alone, none to be found here.

In His LOve

Your posts have really been great! Every time I read a new one, I feel grounded again.

Peace

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you guys heard of Andrew Shilvell? Google him - he is an assistant attorney general of Michigan, he actually set up a blog to harass the student body president of Michigan State University - just because the student is gay. This is where pointing out other people's faults can lead - some people talk about 'slippery slopes' - why don't people ever point out the slope slipping in this direction? The whole story frightens and sickens me.