Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So if you live in Australia and believe in the Bible as a literal account from a literal God, then you really are not an Australian. Ask any Aboriginal how and why the Jewish God forgot the land down under.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you live in Australia and believe in the Bible as a literal account from a literal God, then you really are not an Australian. Ask any Aboriginal how and why the Jewish God forgot the land down under.

Aboriginals are the best source of scientifically valid information?

If it were so easy to disprove religion. You would think someone would already have thought of your angle over the last 2,000 years.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Aboriginals are the best source of scientifically valid information?

If it were so easy to disprove religion. You would think someone would already have thought of your angle over the last 2,000 years.
They have, it goes accordingly.

Aborigines have at the very least twenty thousands year's of history living on the continent of Australia. There are Australian animal's never mentioned in the Bible, alongside the recent discovery of ancient dinosaur's that explain much more about the evolution of the native wildlife. So did the Aboriginal peoples just perish generation after generation for never hearing the gospel of Jesus/Jewish law? (They didn't have a clue about any messiah who died for there sins until the boats turned up 300 year's ago) What about them migrating to Australia before the literal event of Adam & Eve took place?

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will start by saying that all belief systems are there because we do not know. When you know something, belief becomes unnecessary. You only believe something because you don't know.
[...] The way I see it is that if you just admit you do not know, then that's humility. That's innocence.

Something changes when you believe in God, that does not change under any other circumstances.

Humility is saying "that change, is something godly"; wisdom is saying "I want to keep that change".

If you can do this, then other parts of your life, will start to change as well - that's all being Christian means: "we kept changing".

Reactions: BarneyFife

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Now my question is, if there is SO much 'overwhelming evidence' and so much 'proof', why is belief still necessary?

Belief is necessary so that works are omitted and God's Grace is gained.

Salvation, is God on the Cross doing this. ..... 2 Corinthians 5:19

When you give God your faith, you are submitting to the understanding that God is saving you, and that not of yourself.
You are kneeling at the feet of Holy Jesus, vs, trying to be up on the Cross saving yourself.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will start by saying that all belief systems are there because we do not know. When you know something, belief becomes unnecessary. You only believe something because you don't know.

I've spoken with many Christians and have done a lot of reading. I'll come across articles by apologetics titled along the lines of '10 signs of proof that God exists' or 'evidence of Jesus' resurrection'.

Now my question is, if there is SO much 'overwhelming evidence' and so much 'proof', why is belief still necessary? Christians clearly consider themselves to be believers in the very end, not knowers. That means they truly don't know, they are simply believing.

I don't believe in believing. I either know or admit I don't know at all. Beliefs are always going to be open to scrutiny and doubt, it is so much work trying to hold onto a belief. The way I see it is that if you just admit you do not know, then that's humility. That's innocence.
A true Christian exercises faith, and the scriptures don't teach blind faith. The faith that the scriptures teach us isn't just some belief, because true faith is backed by evidence.The scriptures teach that we know God exists because the scriptures give us evidence that he does exist, because the scriptures teach us that everyone knows that a house or building is built by someone. So we humans know that when it comes to the physical creation, the universe, especially the planet Earth, it has a creator, a designer. The physical creation, the universe was brought into existence by someone. The point is this, no one can show me evidence that a house or a building designed and built itself, an intelligent person was needed to design that house or building, and other intelligent people were needed to build that house according to those designs of that intelligent person. This is something we know, not just something we believe. So the physical universe, which includes planet Earth, we know, not just believe, but know that God brought the physical universe into existence , we don't just believe it, we know it. We know that God will destroy all unrighteous people(wicked world of mankind) when Armageddon begins. So we know that this wicked world we're living in will be destroyed, that it will end, we don't just believe that, but know that, this is our faith, and as I said, the scriptures don't teach blind faith, true faith is based on evidence.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lambs have a good end when our life is these bodies is done with .
ALL THANKS and PRAISE TO CHRIST JESUS WHOM GOD DID SEND .
Home coming day on the DAY of the LORD . New heavens and the new earth IS WHAT I IS LOOKING FORWARD TOO .
Now let all lift those hands and THANK GOD for the mercy of HIS grace given to the lambs in JESUS CHRIST .
HE PAID THE PRICE , COME to the FOUNT of LIVING WATERS . while there still be time to do so . Cause the day
of the glorious LORD does approach and neither does anyone know their final moment or when its up .
Grab hold of the glorious gospel and CLING TO CHRIST . Praise the glorious LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The jailor once asked a dire important question .
So important and the answer was dire to beleive .
Sirs what must i do to be saved .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . The ONLY name whereby one may be saved . Now dance a jig of praise unto the glorious Lord .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've spoken with many Christians and have done a lot of reading. I'll come across articles by apologetics titled along the lines of '10 signs of proof that God exists' or 'evidence of Jesus' resurrection'.

Now my question is, if there is SO much 'overwhelming evidence' and so much 'proof', why is belief still necessary? Christians clearly consider themselves to be believers in the very end, not knowers. That means they truly don't know, they are simply believing.

I don't believe in believing. I either know or admit I don't know at all. Beliefs are always going to be open to scrutiny and doubt, it is so much work trying to hold onto a belief. The way I see it is that if you just admit you do not know, then that's humility. That's innocence.

All people have their subjective beliefs when it comes to Christianity, that is true Animal. There is something that God really looks at an admires in which people are rewarded by looking towards him in Faith.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The jailor once asked a dire important question .
So important and the answer was dire to beleive .
Sirs what must i do to be saved .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . The ONLY name whereby one may be saved . Now dance a jig of praise unto the glorious Lord .
All people have their subjective beliefs when it comes to Christianity, that is true Animal. There is something that God really looks at an admires in which people are rewarded by looking towards him in Faith.
Just make sure its GOD and its CHRIST one is looking at and having faith in .
cause there is another jesus getting taught today and tis not gonna save a soul to believe in that one .
Lets open bibles and learn well .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol I understood what you were saying halfway into your post and after that I could no longer follow along. Not because I disagree but because all these words are so loaded, it turns into reading something akin to a poem.

All I know is that I know nothing and no matter what happens, everything is going to be ok and anyone can disagree with what I said all they want. I am going to choose to be happy no matter what and there's nothing anyone else can do about it. There is nothing above having peace.

I was in college. My Junior year. i came home from school to visit my dad at home one weekend. One night as I woke up to use the bathroom, my dad was awake and told me he wanted to talked to me. I sat down with him and he the told me that he was really Gabriel and that he didn't have long because he couldn't be in a body of sin. I looked at him confused and he rose his hand. All of a sudden I felt warm water being poured over me, but yet I wasn't wet. (Baptism by spirit?). I then felt a sudden rush of air in my lungs and I sneezed with my mouth. As soon as that happened I was lifted out of my body and had this weird visual expierence where I saw a floating head appear out of thin air and said to me "Thomas I swear by my great name, you are mine!". He then asked me what I wanted. I responded with "I just want to be happy". After that the head disappeared and I went back to bed like nothing happened and it wasn't a big deal. Forgetting about the experience until months later. Not giving it a thought at all until i felt this pull, giving me the urge to seek out God for myself, independently, and heartfelt.

Its weird though. I wouldnt call it a dream, well if it was, it was the most vivid dream i've ever had.
I wouldn't call it a memory, because it popped into my head what seemed like months after the event occured.
Maybe vision is the wrong word.

But when I think about it, i know it happened to me.
I would give an oath myself that I believe I lived the experience.
God will not be mocked.

He is truth and his word Spirit inspired thru holy men. Nothing God does is out of order nor springs from chaos.

You can THINK you KNOW ALL YOU WANT, it just doesn't make it so.Without faith and belief IT IS.....IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD!

Your father is mentally unstable Ace and you should have been removed from that home. You thoughts became delusional and you started hallucinating with strange spirits.

God does NOT work this way neither does his word inform us of such.

You ppl that are always seeing angels, floating heads, God Himself and any other delusions you want to claim, need to seek God, Creator of heaven ,earth and all things first, then you need to seek mental hygiene by professionals !

It gets old hearing ppl talk rubbish and others NOT rebuking or worse placidly accepting these junk lies.

May God have mercy and remove unbelief that souls might see the light.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end, all that matters is having peace. Even if one doesn't follow Christ, nothing beats having peace, right this instant. People can go on about how one day you will come before God and go to heaven or hell, I could care less. The real question is, are you at peace right this instant or not?
Matt 10:
[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

John 7:
[43] So there was division among the people because of him.

Jesus GAVE, the Way, Truth, Life.... Of DIVISION .
Jesus OFFERED, the Way, Truth, Life... Of INNER PEACE.

Yes I dwell IN a physical divided world. <—> natural, physical
Yes I dwell IN inner peace. <—> supernatural, spiritual

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 10:
[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

John 7:
[43] So there was division among the people because of him.

Jesus GAVE, the Way, Truth, Life.... Of DIVISION .
Jesus OFFERED, the Way, Truth, Life... Of INNER PEACE.

Yes I dwell IN a physical divided world. <—> natural, physical
Yes I dwell IN inner peace. <—> supernatural, spiritual

Glory to God,
Taken

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Good riddance that wacko preacher got arrested. Bigoted Christians like him act all surprised when their intolerance is not tolerated. His followers say, “Keep preaching the word brother!” More like, keep preaching the hate.

When a Christian gets shut down for preaching homophobia and then cries persecution, it’s like Hitler crying persecution for no longer being able to gas the Jews and homosexuals.

They want to be accepted while taking a dump on LGBT and anyone else who’s not Christian. As time goes on, Christianity is growing ever more incompatible with modern society. Good luck running as a politician and saying homosexuality is a sin.

LGBT has it right: if your religion teaches you to hate, you need a new religion. The state is what allows Christianity to be at the end of the day. All it takes is for the state to start taxing the churches and it’s game over.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good riddance that wacko preacher got arrested. Bigoted Christians like him act all surprised when their intolerance is not tolerated. His followers say, “Keep preaching the word brother!” More like, keep preaching the hate.

When a Christian gets shut down for preaching homophobia and then cries persecution, it’s like Hitler crying persecution for no longer being able to gas the Jews and homosexuals.

They want to be accepted while taking a dump on LGBT and anyone else who’s not Christian. As time goes on, Christianity is growing ever more incompatible with modern society. Good luck running as a politician and saying homosexuality is a sin.

LGBT has it right: if your religion teaches you to hate, you need a new religion. The state is what allows Christianity to be at the end of the day. All it takes is for the state to start taxing the churches and it’s game over.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the same guy preaching hate. He’s homophobic
. PS it aint hate to correct sin .
Let me leave you something from the bible . The book most now overlook.
YE shall not HATE your neighbor in your heart , YOu shall in any way rebuke and correct them and not ALLOW SIN UPON THEM .
The ones who let the gays , or money lovers , or adutlerers or fornicators or drunkards
remain in their sin and wont correct , ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE THEY are the HATERS . WE better GET IN THE BIBLE
and fast my friend . cause many are being deceived by a false love big time . A love that contradicts GOD
a love that honors Sins , a love that has led them to the author of death , SATAN . learn the bible and fast .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LGBT has it right: if your religion teaches you to hate, you need a new religion.
If your "religion" teaches you to love sin, perversion and wickedness, it is leading you straight to Hell. There is no such thing as "homophobia" (which means "fear of homosexuals"). Sexual perverts are to be pitied and told to repent and be converted.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If your "religion" teaches you to love sin, perversion and wickedness, it is leading you straight to Hell. There is no such thing as "homophobia" (which means "fear of homosexuals"). Sexual perverts are to be pitied and told to repent and be converted.
The only one who’s perverted here is you for sticking your nose in other people’s sex lives.

And bigots like yourself need to be denounced by modern society.