Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they have, I am still healing from the heartache THEY caused me when they left us alone with the wolves!!!! :( Lol. SO glad to see you both ♥♥

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK.
So, guess what I'm making for dinner?
Southern Fried Chicken!
Yummy.

STOP it...I so LOVE fried chix. My mom made the best and, it was not often as my dad was very Italian and had to have his pasta EVERYDAY...and not to mention the cherry peppers he would put on top of the crushed and black pepper and then poured juice from those WAY hot peppers all on top of a mound of pasta and calamari or squid...or eel or smelt or whatever else he put in there! My eyes would burn from way across the table. We had 7 kids mom, dad and an evil grandmother. Yes, she def was evil. Thank God I have none of her blood in me. On our birthdays, my mom would make our favorite cake, and dinner for us as a birthday gift. I ALWAYS chose her fried chicken, mashed potatoes and peas, lol. And, Chocolate cake with white frosting...ah, the simple things in life ♥ I so miss my mother, she was the kindest most gentle soul this side of heaven, in my personal opinion! But...I sure do know where she is and would NEVER wish her, or my father back to this world. ♥
Now I want fried chix. And...I have to get my blood work done VERY soon :(

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ate every single meal (pretty much) order in or take out for maaaaaaaany years. Never made my lunches for work, too tired to make dinner when I got home. Eventually, I could not even fit into my "fat pants" and developed type 2 diabetes.
My doc took me off the Metformin over a year ago as, I totally changed my diet and, am having no problems sticking to it. Once the sugar and carbs are cut out of your diet, you just do not crave that junk anymore. I have lost over 50 lbs and feel great!
Once in a blue moon I'll nosh on some "not so good for you food" lol...I mean, it IS summer now, and lot's of good tasting food at picnics!!! YAY!

Nancy I too am a type 2 Diabetic, I have always been skinny and no one in my family has diabetes, I don’t know why I developed it, I found out about 9 years ago I was diabetic.

My doctor took me off all my diabetic meds about 3 1/2 weeks ago, I was on bydureon 2 mg injections once a week, 1000 mg. Metformin twice a day and Jardiance 25 mg once a day, I got my A1C down to 5.5 I think it was, I hope to stay off them, my blood sugar has been in the 120’s two days it was 140’s.

I’m so happy you off the diabetic medication keep up the good work!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
STOP it...I so LOVE fried chix. My mom made the best and, it was not often as my dad was very Italian and had to have his pasta EVERYDAY...and not to mention the cherry peppers he would put on top of the crushed and black pepper and then poured juice from those WAY hot peppers all on top of a mound of pasta and calamari or squid...or eel or smelt or whatever else he put in there! My eyes would burn from way across the table. We had 7 kids mom, dad and an evil grandmother. Yes, she def was evil. Thank God I have none of her blood in me. On our birthdays, my mom would make our favorite cake, and dinner for us as a birthday gift. I ALWAYS chose her fried chicken, mashed potatoes and peas, lol. And, Chocolate cake with white frosting...ah, the simple things in life ♥ I so miss my mother, she was the kindest most gentle soul this side of heaven, in my personal opinion! But...I sure do know where she is and would NEVER wish her, or my father back to this world. ♥
Now I want fried chix. And...I have to get my blood work done VERY soon :(
You could have some fried chicken AFTER your blood work....
:D

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Nancy I too am a type 2 Diabetic, I have always been skinny and no one in my family has diabetes, I don’t know why I developed it, I found out about 9 years ago I was diabetic.

My doctor took me off all my diabetic meds about 3 1/2 weeks ago, I was on bydureon 2 mg injections once a week, 1000 mg. Metformin twice a day and Jardiance 25 mg once a day, I got my A1C down to 5.5 I think it was, I hope to stay off them, my blood sugar has been in the 120’s two days it was 140’s.

How does a person just come off diabetes medicine?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh I'm doing my best although, I have cheated as I was on a chocolate kick for a bit last month so, I have to be EXTRA good this month. I'll be seeing her on the 17th of next month. If my A1C is not good, I know she will want to put me back on them but, I will BEG her to give me another couple months to bring it down on my own :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh I'm doing my best although, I have cheated as I was on a chocolate kick for a bit last month so, I have to be EXTRA good this month. I'll be seeing her on the 17th of next month. If my A1C is not good, I know she will want to put me back on them but, I will BEG her to give me another couple months to bring it down on my own :)
Oh, chocolate is another story... o_O

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the first time my doctor took me off the meds since I’ve been on them.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the first time my doctor took me off the meds since I’ve been on them.
Me to JP,
I hope you can stay off of them!
I've been off of them for over a year now but, like I said, I was not being very good with my food choices last couple months :oops: . I know I can do it with proper diet and exercise so, we will see soon enough if I get an A or an F :eek: Lol.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it’s hard being good I know, I love my jelly donouts and pumpkin and apple pie, I have good will power so that helps.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't think I have this all the time....
Once in a while.

Ahaha...no, I would hope not! Yes, everything in moderation. And, of course, there is "oven" fried chicken without all the grease. It's good but it's not as good as fried!! Nummy