Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He seemed like a nice gentleman, he was one of the first to welcome me.

ByGrace, I haven’t read the Bible in awhile, I hear and feel God through my heart every day, and feel God has lead me here to be with God fearing people and to get that little extra help and comfort that we as human beings need sometimes through contact with others.
Hi Johnpaul. I don't pore over the bible any more either but I do read a small portion each day. And like you I feel God's presence in my life each day and came on this site for Christian fellowship and encouragement. I try to keep away from the more contentious debates though.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Johnpaul. I don't pore over the bible any more either but I do read a small portion each day. And like you I feel God's presence in my life each day and came on this site for Christian fellowship and encouragement. I try to keep away from the more contentious debates though.
Hi JP,
I too try to keep away from the contentious debates as well. All it does is steal joy and cause division. There are many more on here who inspire joy though!! BTW-Episkopos is not banned...it was some kind of a malfunction I hear. But he is on now!!! ♥

Reactions: Mayflower and Pearl

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you ever had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding? Now that's a good Sunday meal.

For sure!

But for us a thing of the past ....roast beef is now priced out of our league now.
Strange eh, as we are a cattle province and oil . Yet we are made to pay higher prices than the others!! :eek:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We haven't had a fun chat thread in awhile. Anyone want some coffee? I had me some premium roast this morning from my Keurig, but only because I drank all my hazelnut. :p How is everyone? Any good devotions or Bible passages y'all been reading lately?
Hello, as the Designated Forum Joy Suppression Team Member, it's my duty to inform you that coffee contains copious amounts of caffeine, an addictive drug/neuro-toxin which artificially excites the nervous system/metabolism through introduction of the toxin into the digestive system, which in turn triggers a cyclic "Defcon - 1" alert to the brain that a highly toxic substance has been ingested, which stimulates the various biological systems to begin the process of quickly eradicating the poison via recurring bathroom visits, (depending on how many cups one drinks), which side affect is alertness, albeit nervousness, varying levels of anxiety, confusion, cognitive interruption....

...but surely that beats driving off a cliff unconscious on the way to work, getting fired for falling asleep on your keyboard, or strangling your annoying spouse who thinks if the early bird gets the worm, then surely there's something absolutely spectacular awaiting those who invite death by waking up and noising about before the dawn even begins to crack, right?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For sure!

But for us a thing of the past ....roast beef is now priced out of our league now.
Strange eh, as we are a cattle province and oil . Yet we are made to pay higher prices than the others!! :eek:

Hmm.. We have the same beef as you do...actually we do. Hard to digest.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For sure!

We haven't been able to afford beef for many years. But occasionally we go out for a meal and I might have it then. About once a year instead of once a week.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, as the Designated Forum Joy Suppression Team Member, it's my duty to inform you that coffee contains copious amounts of caffeine, an addictive drug/neuro-toxin which artificially excites the nervous system/metabolism through introduction of the toxin into the digestive system, which in turn triggers a cyclic "Defcon - 1" alert to the brain that a highly toxic substance has been ingested, which stimulates the various biological systems to begin the process of quickly eradicating the poison via recurring bathroom visits, (depending on how many cups one drinks), which side affect is alertness, albeit nervousness, varying levels of anxiety, confusion, cognitive interruption....

...but surely that beats driving off a cliff unconscious on the way to work, getting fired for falling asleep on your keyboard, or strangling your annoying spouse who thinks if the early bird gets the worm, then surely there's something absolutely spectacular awaiting those who invite death by waking up and noising about before the dawn even begins to crack, right?

Lol that is why I am sticking with my morning cup from now on. I have already felt less nervous/anxious sad to say... But moderation is what God has been laying on my heart. Not necessarily stopping something completely, but learning to enjoy a little then saying no. I tell you, this is the hardest thing for me to do. But it is something I think will benefit me tremendously if I can stick with this new life change. Not just coffee. But I enjoy it an awful lot as proven by the frequent bathroom visits. Lolol

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We haven't been able to afford beef for many years. But occasionally we go out for a meal and I might have it then. About once a year instead of once a week.

Really!!!!! We eat tons of beef here. I guess because Texas was cattle lands and Indiana has a lot of farmlands too. Beef is cheap.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Love it..deserves TWO thumbs up ... :D

thumbup1[1].gif

Thumb.gif

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really!!!!! We eat tons of beef here. I guess because Texas was cattle lands and Indiana has a lot of farmlands too. Beef is cheap.

You're lucky! I'm pretty much priced out of steak too. In Maryland, a steak at the grocery store is about 15.00 for a small to medium sized one. Its very rare that I can splurge on one.

Reactions: Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're lucky! I'm pretty much priced out of steak too. In Maryland, a steak at the grocery store is about 15.00 for a small to medium sized one. Its very rare that I can splurge on one.
I like sirloin steak but it's about £20 per kilo and roasting beef joints are about £13 per kilo. I only buy when there's a really good offer on.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like sirloin steak but it's about £20 per kilo and roasting beef joints are about £13 per kilo. I only buy when there's a really good offer on.

We can remember the days when Turkey was a real special treat, so looked forward to. But now its eaten here more often, at Christmas , Easter, Thanksgiving, and any other 'occasion'.
Roast Beef has become the 'once a year' treat, along with Lamb...which is priced too high for us any other time of year....so for us now, Beef and Lamb are 'special' for Christmas gatherings.

My son in law is a fisherman in his spare time, so we eat lots of fish now.
I hate to say this, but chicken is boring to me now, we have it so much. A couple of times a week.

Strange how things change. My old grandma would turn in her grave, or even my mum come to that!! - "What! No Turkey for Christmas Day!! ":eek:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, chicken....I have to work very creatively...chicken...stir fry, tenders, cacciatore, barbecued, with dumplings, pot pie, fried, noodle soup, etc. :D

Reactions: JohnPaul and Pearl

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorite steak is porterhouse, love steak.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can remember the days when Turkey was a real special treat, so looked forward to. But now its eaten here more often, at Christmas , Easter, Thanksgiving, and any other 'occasion'.
Roast Beef has become the 'once a year' treat, along with Lamb...which is priced too high for us any other time of year....so for us now, Beef and Lamb are 'special' for Christmas gatherings.

My son in law is a fisherman in his spare time, so we eat lots of fish now.
I hate to say this, but chicken is boring to me now, we have it so much. A couple of times a week.

Strange how things change. My old grandma would turn in her grave, or even my mum come to that!! - "What! No Turkey for Christmas Day!! ":eek:
I gotta have my turkey and mashed potatoes with corn on Thanksgiving

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly though, I make a meal out of things I don't think others would think of as a meal...:D
Tuna salad with saltines or...a ham sandwich or a hotdog. That's mostly what my meals are like...but no kids, no husband, so it's okay!

Reactions: Helen and Pearl