Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me to JP,
I hope you can stay off of them!
I've been off of them for over a year now but, like I said, I was not being very good with my food choices last couple months :oops: . I know I can do it with proper diet and exercise so, we will see soon enough if I get an A or an F :eek: Lol.
Wow, over a year? That’s great! Wishing you the best Nancy.

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it’s hard being good I know, I love my jelly donouts and pumpkin and apple pie, I have good will power so that helps.
My will power has a mind of it's own, it seems, lol. Sometimes I can just say NO and I'm good...other times, not so much. I do not keep the bad stuff in my house but, I'm surrounded by it at a community center I spend allot of time at...that is where I usually have a tough time (sometimes, not always) Nothing BUT every cake, pie, pastrys, donuts, cookies, candy on and on and on. And, it is ALWAYS there as we get a lot of donations. Just gonna have to bite the bullet! lol.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't think I've ever had fried chicken. Not a fan.

Being a Brit neither had I Pat. Not until I moved over here.
It's not my favourite thing.
David likes the frying pan, and, as he does most of the cooking since he retired I can't complain, but I wish he wouldn't fry things as much as he does. :(

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't think I've ever had fried chicken. Not a fan.

That is akin to...blasphemy...almost.

We always had fried chicken every Sunday after Church. I remember when fried chicken was offered during a week day, and I couldn't believe it. It was associated with Church.

You are really missing out. I guess that means you haven't had any fried chicken livers either?

Stranger

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See I don't like dessert type sweets. My weakness is fast food and I have been cooking a whole lot more now with Lorena. It is a lot healthier. And I am beginning to like cooking. Today we went to the zoo though. It was fun.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was like a shooting/arrest up front though. We had no idea anything was going on. But we were all fine. Got tons of pictures.

Reactions: Nancy
B

Butterfly

We always had fried chicken every Sunday after Church. I remember when fried chicken was offered during a week day, and I couldn't believe it. It was associated with Church.

You are really missing out. I guess that means you haven't had any fried chicken livers either?

Stranger
My son has a friend from Texas , and he has talked about American fried chicken- I do not think our British fried chicken is even a glimpse of what yours taste like- I do like KFC chicken from time to time.
We use to always have Roast Chicken on a Sunday, not linked to church as my parents were not church goers , but it was always linked to Sunday's X
Rita

B

Butterfly

Just a quick one here.

If I suddenly vanish it will be that I have followed Episcopos and been pushed out of the door.
I can't believe that they have banned him.
It seems that those who declare that they hear God not only through the bible, but also be the hearing of the ear.
...and that the bible is not the only way of hearing from God, but also via the 'still small voice' of the Holy Spirit.

Anyway in Episcopos thread I have "liked" all of his posts ..so , if he is not welcome, then maybe I am not either.

I am wondering what "Rule" he broke that would warrant a banning! That I do not know. I can see that I too am on that same slippery path.

I would love to know if the banner, read all 228 posts of that thread.

Just saying ...
I haven't read much over the past week, so does it mean that someone complain about his posts, or do the mods check threads and make the decision. Why can they just not lock threads !!!
Rita

Reactions: Mayflower and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Stranger
The nearest I get is a MacDonald's Chicken mayo sandwich. ;)

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My son has a friend from Texas , and he has talked about American fried chicken- I do not think our British fried chicken is even a glimpse of what yours taste like- I do like KFC chicken from time to time.
We use to always have Roast Chicken on a Sunday, not linked to church as my parents were not church goers , but it was always linked to Sunday's X
Rita

I think the Sunday relation with chicken back then began in the early days of this country when the pastor would visit a certain family after church for dinner. They naturally had chicken as they all had chickens and not much else.

Stranger

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a quick one here.

If I suddenly vanish it will be that I have followed Episcopos and been pushed out of the door.
It seems that those who declare that they hear God not only through the bible, but also be the hearing of the ear.
...and that the bible is not the only way of hearing from God, but also via the 'still small voice' of the Holy Spirit.

Anyway in Episcopos thread I have "liked" all of his posts ..so , if he is not welcome, then maybe I am not either.

I am wondering what "Rule" he broke that would warrant a banning! That I do not know. I can see that I too am on that same slippery path.

Just saying ...

Are you sure Helen? I see him on...

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a quick one here.

Just saying ...
He seemed like a nice gentleman, he was one of the first to welcome me.

ByGrace, I haven’t read the Bible in awhile, I hear and feel God through my heart every day, and feel God has lead me here to be with God fearing people and to get that little extra help and comfort that we as human beings need sometimes through contact with others.