Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried the Folgers Noir Roasts, they were ok, nothing spectacular, wouldn’t buy it again.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 6841It's a simple way to make coffee. You put the ground coffee in the jug, pour on boiling water, leave to brew and then press down the plunger to keep the grounds at the bottom when you pour.
We call those French Coffee presses here. I use a Cuisinart Coffee maker, the drip kind.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We call those French Coffee presses here. I use a Cuisinart Coffee maker, the drip kind.
I've used both a coffee maker with filter papers and the old type percolator where the coffee bubbles up inside the jug.

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having some Seattle's Best Post Alley coffee, right now, took a couple of days vacation to use some of it up before I leave my job next week.

Reactions: farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What has everybody been up to today? My husband took delivery of his new mobility scooter and we have been into town and mooched around. We bought some books and a rucksack for the back of the scooter and had a late lunch. Lovely weather.

Reactions: JohnPaul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What has everybody been up to today? My husband took delivery of his new mobility scooter and we have been into town and mooched around. We bought some books and a rucksack for the back of the scooter and had a late lunch. Lovely weather.
Sounds a good acquisition for you guys...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds a good acquisition for you guys...
It was hard to keep up with him, it goes faster than I can walk. But he really enjoyed it as he isn't too steady on his feet these days.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
67404855_2418819735027527_6275256560180527104_n.jpg

This is the very one. It is on charge in the shed now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't used our coffee press in a long time. I need to get that down again.

It seems that we make over the top coffee, then its more regular after a while. So we'll change brew methods, and start making over the top coffee again, for a while. then we have to switch again.

What's up with that?

You know, I think one of the cruelest ironies of life is that we must make coffee without having had any!

Right up there with having to find your glasses without benefit of using them.

Happy Friday!

Reactions: Pearl

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm usually limited to firing up the percolator for my wife's coffee: for her coffee is as much part of her as putting on her face to go out.
Yes women love putting on their makeup, having some Chock Full O' Nuts French Roast right now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes women love putting on their makeup, having some Chock Full O' Nuts French Roast right now.
Yes, for my wife it's important to put on her face - certainly not a huge amount - but she feels it's always necessary to go out. Actually I myself have been away from the coffee for so long (it's far more likely tea with me) that even the smell of coffee can seem overpowering at times. People's tastes in coffee/tea, etc., do change...