Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl So how is your dh's new mobility scooter coming along?
He's been out on it three times now and loves it. The trouble is I now have to go on the bus by myself and meet him in town or walk down through the park with him which is nice but by the time I get there - it's just over a mile - I'm too tired to do anything else. :(

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He's been out on it three times now and loves it. The trouble is I now have to go on the bus by myself and meet him in town or walk down through the park with him which is nice but by the time I get there - it's just over a mile - I'm too tired to do anything else. :(
Yes, well, I guess it all reflects stages of life. Inevitably we all from time to time are confronted with developing stages of life and sometimes the adjustments involved can be smooth; sometimes they take effort to internalize. (But I think also of the great A & O of Revelation 1, Who never changes.)

Reactions: Pearl

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, for my wife it's important to put on her face - certainly not a huge amount - but she feels it's always necessary to go out. Actually I myself have been away from the coffee for so long (it's far more likely tea with me) that even the smell of coffee can seem overpowering at times. People's tastes in coffee/tea, etc., do change...

I love the smell of coffee.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...... we went to church all of us....... I am living with my son and his wife and there 8 children..
Ages 18 - 9........... 4 boys and 4 girls. 2 - 9 year olds are twins.
the older ones went out with there dates, and my , D . IN. took one of the boys to a football game he is
in the scrimmage games now..... and my son took the rest to go fishing.
and I am home alone. [ I did not want to go ! ]
So here I am spending time.
and having some coffee..........
How is every one else doing ?
Hoping all is well with you ALL !!!!!!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well...... we went to church all of us....... I am living with my son and his wife and there 8 children..
Ages 18 - 9........... 4 boys and 4 girls. 2 - 9 year olds are twins.
the older ones went out with there dates, and my , D . IN. took one of the boys to a football game he is
in the scrimmage games now..... and my son took the rest to go fishing.
and I am home alone. [ I did not want to go ! ]
So here I am spending time.
and having some coffee..........
How is every one else doing ?
Hoping all is well with you ALL !!!!!!
Good to see you Grams. My niece and great nephew were here today and they went across the road to the park but is was much too hot for me so I stayed home with my crocheting till they came back and then we sat out in the shade chatting with a cool drink.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other day I had Chock Full O' Nuts New York Roast, today Chock Full O' Nuts French Roast, both good roasts.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That would be great Pearl, I would look forward to that.
Even though Butterfly live in the UK we are too far apart to meet up but I did meet up with some folk from another forum including Helen's brother. Never say never though because a couple of years ago my pen-pal from Chicago came to visit me. we had bee writing since we were about twelve.

Reactions: JohnPaul and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Even though Butterfly live in the UK we are too far apart to meet up but I did meet up with some folk from another forum including Helen's brother. Never say never though because a couple of years ago my pen-pal from Chicago came to visit me. we had bee writing since we were about twelve.
The Web has given a whole new meaning to the term 'pen pals'... :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl So how is your dh's new mobility scooter coming along?
He loves it farouk and has made him much more mobile. When not in use it gets rucked up in his shed underneath his model railway layout.