Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R

Rita

No we get a fair amount of good days, but it’s so unpredictable and changeable - our season use to be more defined , but they kind of overlap a bit now.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No we get a fair amount of good days, but it’s so unpredictable and changeable - our season use to be more defined , but they kind of overlap a bit now.
Rita
Living in Southern California "seasons" are what we put on our food and not too much more than that.

Or you could say that our seasons last a week or two, and come in random order!

o_O

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Living in Southern California "seasons" are what we put on our food and not too much more than that.

Or you could say that our seasons last a week or two, and come in random order!

o_O
In some places, one could say that you can have all four seasons in one day; I guess in California, it's more likely all four seasons in one decade...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I came on here today...and can't really believe that we wont see Willie T posting on here today...some days I still have to shake my head. :oops:
One day sweet Jesus...one day...

@Mayflower How are you sleeping at night? Hope he is still sleeping well...but after the early weeks it usually doesn't happen!! LOL

Hope all is going as smoothly as possible. xx

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came on here today...and can't really believe that we wont see Willie T posting on here today...some days I still have to shake my head. :oops:
One day sweet Jesus...one day...

@Mayflower How are you sleeping at night? Hope he is still sleeping well...but after the early weeks it usually doesn't happen!! LOL

Hope all is going as smoothly as possible. xx

Lol. I'm super tired, two keep me busy!!!

Reactions: Helen
R

Rita

Yahweh Gives His Beloved Rest (Sleep). Perfectly.
Enjoy His Rest as He Gives.
Sorry Joesph but the first thing that came into my mind was ‘ well you have never been a mum of one young child and a new baby - rest, what’s that ‘ :):) ( don’t take the comment too seriously, it’s said with a smile )
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Joesph but the first thing that came into my mind was ‘ well you have never been a mum of one young child and a new baby - rest, what’s that ‘ :):) ( don’t take the comment too seriously, it’s said with a smile )
Rita
Without giving away too much, I had to be a care provider, a father, a husband, (twenty other titles/ labels) , for longer than anyone knows, and I was without family help, and for a long time without any help.. not even government help, nor church help, etc etc etc ....
After raising 4 children, (actually after the first) , I NEVER again said that mom's don't work (if they stay home) - even one to take care of (baby or wife), is full time and more.

And it was and is God's Promise I posted, not something I made up or said lightly.

I experience His Rest through all - all the time, in hardest times, and in the best of times -
because it is His Promise, not because I deserve or earned it.

So, then, the FIRST THING that ought to come to mind, is Jesus - and God's Promise, each time, all day, all the time (meditate on His Word day and night, as written).

R

Rita

Without giving away too much, I had to be a care provider, a father, a husband, (twenty other titles/ labels) , for longer than anyone knows, and I was without family help, and for a long time without any help.. not even government help, nor church help, etc etc etc ....
After raising 4 children, (actually after the first) , I NEVER again said that mom's don't work (if they stay home) - even one to take care of (baby or wife), is full time and more.

And it was and is God's Promise I posted, not something I made up or said lightly.

I experience His Rest through all - all the time, in hardest times, and in the best of times -
because it is His Promise, not because I deserve or earned it.

So, then, the FIRST THING that ought to come to mind, is Jesus - and God's Promise, each time, all day, all the time (meditate on His Word day and night, as written).
Wow Joseph , I take my hat off to you and stand corrected ( although I was jesting with you with my comment ) I am a mum of four as well - I was really talking about the physical side of adapting to having a new baby without much support.
I honestly thought you were quite young, got that obviously wrong ( unless you became a dad at an early age. Just goes to prove how difficult it is to access people on a forum.
Joseph, don’t be so serious all the time- If you are honestly saying that the first thing that comes into your mind every single moment of every single day is God - Well good for you. Love being around people who claim they are perfect !
This place is getting impossible - even on the coffee thread you cannot be ‘ real and accepted ‘, or have a laugh
Think it’s getting close for ‘ time out ‘
Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are honestly saying that the first thing that comes into your mind every single moment of every single day is God - Well good for you. Love being around people who claim they are perfect !
This place is getting impossible - even on the coffee thread you cannot be ‘ real and accepted ‘, or have a laugh
Think it’s getting close for ‘ time out ‘
Rita
I can't tell if that was a slip, a humor, a sarcasism , or what ?
How can you love being around people who claim they are perfect, if they are not perfect ?

As for being too serious, suppose you knew the cure for a specific cancer, inexpensive, non-toxic, readily available .... then suppose you visit a gathering place (the pool where the angel stirred the water , and the first person who got into the water was healed of whatever their condition, including paralysis) ....
a gathering place where so many had disease, including the specific cancer you had the cure for...
then suppose that corporations brought to the gathering a pitcher full of lemonaide , with doses of arsenic in it, to give as many people as possible a drink, daily....

Would you be alert to those with the poisoned lemonaide ? and warn others ?

(I forget if this was a theme in the old movie "Arsenic and Old Lace" ... yes - I think it was similar - two sweet sisters were giving arsenic in small doses.... )
i.e. those people trust/ trusted,
were bringing death...

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He had originally brought it for my birthday in April, but because he knew I was missing costa coffee, he decided to give it to me early x

Yes , but then I have always drunk tea, which also has caffeine, I can go days without coffee- but not sure I could give tea up. Nicotine is more of a drug ......so I think that it is addictive in a slightly different way x
Rita
hahaha , well for what it's worth a laugh maybe ..... I jumpted to page 33 and these were the top first two posts on that page ..... :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for being too serious, suppose you knew the cure for a specific cancer, inexpensive, non-toxic, readily available .... then suppose you visit a gathering place (the pool where the angel stirred the water , and the first person who got into the water was healed of whatever their condition, including paralysis) ....
a gathering place where so many had disease, including the specific cancer you had the cure for...

Following along. ‘Stirred (troubled)the water’ if I’ve understood the post ...the cure being
Yahweh Gives His Beloved Rest (Sleep). Perfectly.
Enjoy His Rest as He Gives.
?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I put the baby bbn in the bassinet, he cries. He has taken over my chest as his bed. And I cannot lift my daughter because of the csection, so on nights like tonight when my hubby is at work, she takes over daddy's side of the bed. I felt tired or something today. But did not feel like I gave much attention to my daughter. But we took her to the fair this week and she has school tomorrow/church yesterday. So we are doing okay. Super happy with my little family. Just late night feedings make me so tired.

Reactions: Helen
R

Rita

Joesph said
So, then, the FIRST THING that ought to come to mind, is Jesus - and God's Promise, each time, all day, all the time.

I can't tell if that was a slip, a humor, a sarcasism , or what ?

I was being sarcastic. I had lightheartedly made a comment about the first thing that had come into my head.
You responded with the above post, chastising me for not thinking about Jesus first.
Your statement reflects that you believe we should instantly think of Jesus all day, all the time. Well if you can manage that then you are proclaiming perfection - hence my comment.

I was stating that it’s ok to have a laugh from time to time - and you came back with the comment about ‘ the cure ‘ ....
We are human and are allowed to ‘ just talk ‘ to one another on a normal level without it becoming a sermon ! Rita