Coffee Shop (let's chat)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Holy Spirit is vital in our lives as Pearl says. My thought is what this means. The buying and saling to get more oil when they had some to begin with. It just challenges my belief in eternal security...
Does it not mean that because they had no reserves of oil their lamps went out, and that we should keep our lamps topped up? But if it means that does it also mean that those without enough 'oil' today will also get shut out? We used to sing a song years ago, 'Give me oil in my lamp keep it burning . . .'

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was just trying to understand that passage, because I don't want to run out of oil. My other thought were these weren't true believers.
I've just been reading it again quickly and I don't know. I'll have to read it again more prayerfully.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've just been reading it again quickly and I don't know. I'll have to read it again more prayerfully.

Yes me too... One thing I am praying for is more wisdom for spiritual insight. I ask a lot of questions, but I think God revealed to me that I tend to take from others a lot and not study so much on my own. So I am trying not to google things this time and prayfully consider it for awhile before looking up what others say about it.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Google A LOT. :D almost as much as coffee. Both need moderation. But anyway, I can have a whole conversation with myself with my thoughts. Is there anything yall need prayer for? Or cool amazing hobbies other then googling?

I am trying my hand at a cross stitch. I havent done one in a long while.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean?
Having enough Oil from GOD keeps a person full of his spirit, but the catch is when Jesus says to keep his sayings he really means, I think, If you abide in me, and my words in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and HE shall grant it unto you.

John 15:7, 8. yes it sounds soo simple but it is true, yet! James said we sometimes ask amiss: Which puts our lamps out of Oil.

James 4:3

“Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.”

King James Version (KJV)

Also it is a fact that The Lord has his Angels subject unto him, meaning he knows how to send his angels at any given moment, this is so that our oil can never lose power.

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him. 1 Peter 3:22

Remember Abraham: Genesis 22: 11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. Please read all verses for context.

5 Facts You Need to Know About Your Guardian Angel - Philip Kosloski

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ice cream without dairy though. Sadly for him.
I did find this really good mango sorbet, I ate it every night instead. But then I had to cut out the sugar.

No Dairy.
No Sugar.
No Processed Flour.
No Food.

:confused:

'bout all I can have is the coffee . . .

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like God been trying to tell me this all week. Wednesday at church the Bible study was on watchfulness, that the devil is like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. We have to be on guard. Then Thursday at my other church I go to, it was on the importance of renewing our minds. That we can be eager to love God and serve Him, but without renewing the mind, it can be easy to be deceived.

But fear is my major weakness. And I am sick of the devil tryingg to steal my joy. I have memorized scripture. I need to renew my mind with it.

When I get afraid I like to go to . . . "for He has promised, I will never leave you, nor forsake you."

Much love!

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It used to be very fearful. I once said that I must have been born with fear.

I was given a little book ( and I don't like the lifestyle of the preacher...but like Jesus said about the Pharisees " Don't do as they do, but do as they say".

This book is excellent . I read it 4 times. And if fear tried to jump back, I'd flip it open and read what I had underlined. It fixed me.

"LIVE WITHOUT FEAR -learn to walk in God's power and peace."

(Forget his name, and just take the words, from God) . By Crefloa Dollar .
live without fear creflo dollar pdf - Google Search

They have it in Kindle and ebook....but I like a book in my hand 'in time of need' and I like to underline. I used to even carry it with me when I "was in battle. "

you know what fixed me? Having a major panic attack, with a "chest stress injury", which, I learned, was a physical muscular-skeletal injury which "hurt" in the feeling of fear. And even a moment's apprehension sent fresh pain to my chest, and re-injured, keeping it tender.

After about a week of this - and, mind you, fear had pretty much characterized my entire life - after about a week I had realized that I wasn't getting better, had done some research, and knew what was going on. If I was to heal, I had to not be afraid. It took about 2 weeks to heal from that point, but by then I got the message. Fear is of the flesh, something the body does, and when ignored, goes away, and, when the mind is anchored in God, is not even there.

Much love!

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes me too... One thing I am praying for is more wisdom for spiritual insight. I ask a lot of questions, but I think God revealed to me that I tend to take from others a lot and not study so much on my own. So I am trying not to google things this time and prayfully consider it for awhile before looking up what others say about it.
I think that's a good approach.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, vs. 14 through 29 of the same chapter go into the parable of talents. I believe the two are related more I read about it. :) I believe the message is Christ wants us to grow and develop in our Christian walk, so that we gain the power of Christ in our Lives. Without that oil we do not see. We are lost... Oh snap!!! Praise God!!!

I wonder if all believers will be going to the marriage supper of the lamb. I don't know much about that subject and would like to study that next.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But yeh...God gave us talents through the Holy Spirit...and and wants us to grow and do something with them. If we bring reserve oil for our lamps we will be shining for Him when He comes back...that is my take on it.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then I read @firstthings1st. Thank you for the scriptures!!!! I think I understand this passage a lot more now. Maybe all weeping and gnashing of teeth is not Hell, but loss of rewards. Id personally like to be shining and abiding in His Word when He comes back.
you know what fixed me? Having a major panic attack, with a "chest stress injury", which, I learned, was a physical muscular-skeletal injury which "hurt" in the feeling of fear. And even a moment's apprehension sent fresh pain to my chest, and re-injured, keeping it tender.

After about a week of this - and, mind you, fear had pretty much characterized my entire life - after about a week I had realized that I wasn't getting better, had done some research, and knew what was going on. If I was to heal, I had to not be afraid. It took about 2 weeks to heal from that point, but by then I got the message. Fear is of the flesh, something the body does, and when ignored, goes away, and, when the mind is anchored in God, is not even there.

Much love!

You have a powerful testimony. God has very much been talking to me this week about renewing my mind. I just hope it doesnt take something like that for me. I know God has been speaking to me loud and clear this week about renewing my mind...Thanks for sharing.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having enough Oil from GOD keeps a person full of his spirit, but the catch is when Jesus says to keep his sayings he really means, I think, If you abide in me, and my words in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and HE shall grant it unto you.

John 15:7, 8. yes it sounds soo simple but it is true, yet! James said we sometimes ask amiss: Which puts our lamps out of Oil.

James 4:3

“Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.”

King James Version (KJV)

Also it is a fact that The Lord has his Angels subject unto him, meaning he knows how to send his angels at any given moment, this is so that our oil can never lose power.

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him. 1 Peter 3:22

Remember Abraham: Genesis 22: 11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. Please read all verses for context.

5 Facts You Need to Know About Your Guardian Angel - Philip Kosloski
Amen

Reactions: Mayflower