Conclusive That Jesus is AGAINST Weapons!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and YET lost against 3rd world countries like Korea, Taiwan, Iraq and Afganstan!!! :rolleyes:

one thing is sure about the USA, they are world-leading BRAGGERS!

i dont understand why this is a difficult concept, in WW2, we killed any german that moved. We didnt have geneva conventions nor rules of engagement. In all other wars we did, no one can win wars like that. If you fight a war, you win by attrition. Its that simple.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If America had sat out WW2 the nazis would have been free to develop the atom bomb-

war-Amerik-book.jpg

war-Amerik-atom2.jpg

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you nuts? Peter drew his sword to defend Jesus and Jesus told him to put it back. Why are you twisting this to defend "open carry" of firearms? Okay, do this: carry an unloaded pistol. No ammo! Then you can feel brave and macho, because that's clearly your need.

Dude, you totally misrepresent what I am saying.

My point was Jesus did not tell peter to destroy his sword or get rid of it. He told him to PUT IT BACK.

People who use this to try to defend disarming people ARE taking it out of context.Jesus did not tell him to stop arraying/

Your "open carry" argument is ridiculous!

Peter open carried. Sword.
He pulled it out and used it
Jesus told him to put the sword BACK into the open carry position.

These are the facts. Yet you call me ridiculous. You need to look inside man, Your the one being rediculoius

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 6:10-20

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who keep on misquoting Luke 22:36, to try to "prove" that Jesus Christ sanctions the use of weapons, the passage later in this same chapter is conclusive that this is WRONG

While he was still speaking, there came a crowd, and the man called Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He drew near to Jesus to kiss him, but Jesus said to him, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” And when those who were around him saw what would follow, they said, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus said, “No more of this!” And he touched his ear and healed him. Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders, who had come out against him, “Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs? When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness.” (verses 47-53)

Jesus says NO MORE OF THIS, which is the same as Matthew 26:52, IT IS ENOUGH.

What does Jesus do or say after Peter cuts of the ear of the high priest? Jesus HEALS the ear! Jesus did not say, well done Peter, this is the way to go! NO, Jesus shows MERCY and COMPASSION!

This passage is beyond any doubt the clincher against Christians using weapons to defend themselves!

Matthew 26:51, 52 shows that Jesus didn't condone the action of the apostle who drew a sword and cut a man's ear off. We also have to take John 13:35 into consideration. Do we honestly believe that a Catholic is showing a fellow Catholic love when they have a history of fighting and killing each other in wars. How can Catholics killing each other in wars say that's having love for each other. The same is true of protestants, they also have a history of fighting and killing each other in wars. How can we say this is showing love towards each other? The scriptures are very clear at 1 John 4:20 that
anyone makes the statement: “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen. No one will ever be able to convince me that Catholics killing Catholics or protestants killing protestants or protestants killing Catholics or vise versa is showing love toward each other.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have no doubt that Europe would have beaten Hitler, but taken longer. The US only had their self-interests in mind.

Against third-rate countries, the mighty US, got WHIPPED!
We were fighting a common enemy in WW11, and personally I don’t think we would have done it without the Americans coming to help. I do believe it was a combined win though, coalition. Also Russia conquered Germany from the east , and the coalition from the west.
So the win was not down to any one country.
I seriously wonder if this thread should continue as it’s just going round and round in circles, very much like the other thread, well many threads. If it’s going to become a ‘ my countries better than yours ‘ and visa versa …..then it will be locked.
Actually the quote from Ephesians is a good reminder of the true battle that we are in, and to be honest many spiritual battles are lost in this forum because of the ‘in house ‘ attacks on one another……..
I had a vision once ‘ I was standing on the side lines watching a small group of soldiers fighting in front of me, meanwhile a big army was marching through the local town ‘ a question arose in my mind ‘ do you want to be in the real army ‘ …..a choice. The soldiers in front of me were brothers and sister fighting amongst themselves within the church I was part of …..the army marching were those who were following Jesus in the real battle, the spiritual one. I had to make a choice what group I wanted to be in………
I was just reminded of that as I read the latter part of the thread.
Rita

Reactions: Lambano

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seriously wonder if this thread should continue as it’s just going round and round in circles, very much like the other thread, well many threads. If it’s going to become a ‘ my countries better than yours ‘ and visa versa …..then it will be locked.
Rita

i think i can explain this thread very quickly, and answer it at the same time. You had a brit who thinks no one should have guns, try and vent that there are those of us who believe guns are an absolute right. The reality, as i have tried to explain to him, is that we Americans will never be disarmed, no matter who tries to take our weapons. And that IS the final answer.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i think i can explain this thread very quickly, and answer it at the same time. You had a brit who thinks no one should have guns, try and vent that there are those of us who believe guns are an absolute right. The reality, as i have tried to explain to him, is that we Americans will never be disarmed, no matter who tries to take our weapons. And that IS the final answer.

:eek::rolleyes:

Reactions: amigo de christo
Status
Not open for further replies.