• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amazing how you denigrate Christianity for everything, then use the same unbiblical lame excuses as everyone else for your disobedience. Perhaps you'd like to read through the discussion... Why do Adventists obsess about the Sabbath. All your excuses and straw men and imaginative responses are answered in that discussion.
I have never denigrated “Christianity” because original Christianity was uncontaminated by the additions and adoptions that occurred with the foretold apostasy. “Christendom” is the result of that apostasy....it is Christendom that is the weeds of Jesus’ parable.....that is what I denigrate.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3.....
“However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here. 3 Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.

That apostasy occurred only a short time after the final portions of the Christian scriptures were written. It continued to follow a wrong path and eventually fractured itself into thousands of bickering sects, but according to Jesus, “wheat” would be growing along with the “weeds”. Identifying the “wheat” means that we look for those described in John 15:18-21.

Beliefs and practices that Christ never taught, (but were added over hundreds of years and were taught by an apostate church that forbade the reading of scripture) became the only “Christian” church, and it indoctrinated people with lies for centuries, much like the Pharisees did with Judaism.....history has repeated, but no one has noticed, except the ones selected out by Jesus in this time of the end....his “faithful and wise slave”. (Matthew 24:45) We have to find that slave and accept the “food” that he provides.

Jesus did not tell us who “he” was....but it isn’t any one man. From small beginnings, these Christians were to become “a mighty nation”. (Isaiah 60:22) It’s up to us to find them. In this time of the end, they would be a global body of united Christians keeping Jesus’ commands.....all of them, not just the convenient ones. (Zechariah 8:23)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Beliefs and practices that Christ never taught, (but were added over hundreds of years and were taught by an apostate church that forbade the reading of scripture
True that.

became the only “Christian” church
Not true that.
In this time of the end, they would be a global body of united Christians keeping Jesus’ commands.....all of them, not just the convenient ones
True that.
You probably mean this church...
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ....
KJV Revelation 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

And this...
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

I hope you have stopped looking.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. So adventists, and EGW, teach Christians must be circumcised? And to not be circumcised means unsaved? Because effectively that is what Galatians was all about.
That’s not what it’s only about - not even close.

Try actually reading it carefully and prayerfully.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You probably mean this church...
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ....
KJV Revelation 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
How about we try that in English...you know the kind people speak today?
Concerning the angel who brought John the Revelation it says....
"Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brothers and sisters who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (NASB)

The angel rejected John's act of worship....and told John what?....
"Worship God".....who is the "God" that the angel said to worship? It was the God of Jesus who gave him the revelation to give to John. (Revelation 1:1) The chain of command is plainly stated. Jesus received it from his God and Father.

And this...
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
"Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus." (NASB)
Yep, those "who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus"....How many commandments did Jesus say were needed in order to worship his God acceptably? Just two....
Matthew 22:35-40...
"And one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him: 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 Upon these two commandments hang the whole Law and the Prophets.” (NASB)
Where do we see Jesus advocating more than these? He said the whole Law was based on these two.

Did Jesus observe the Sabbath? Yes! Did his apostles do so? Yes! Why? Because they were all Jewish.
There is no command for Christ's disciples (especially Gentiles) to observe a Sabbath after his return to heaven, as you have been shown.
They were under a new covenant and the old one was nailed to the execution stake of the Christ. (Colossians 2:14)

I hope you have stopped looking.
I stopped looking 50 years ago.....I ditched Christendom and found the "Faithful and Wise Slave" and I have 'fed' at his table most of my life.

I have visted many SDA's in my time out in the ministry and found them to be lovely people, but disappointingly illiterate when it came to the Bible. They seem to concentrate of the words of Ellen White as if she was a prophet. But they really had no evidence that she was. Like Joseph Smith, they just had her word for it....and her copious writings.

They claimed to know that Christmas was pagan but tended to celebrate it anyway.
One elderly lady we called on regularly was saddened by the fact that the church was not attracting the young people. She feared that the church was dying.....it was full of old people.

Apparently SDA's do not evangelize. I guess that is why no SDA has ever called at my door to offer the good news of God's Kingdom....? Didn't Jesus say this work would be backed by him "all the days"? (Matthew 28:19-20; Matthew 24:14)

But apparently Ellen White's works have been scrutinized and found to be copied from other sources. That would indeed be a shocking revelation if found to be true. So, if Ellen White was not a prophet, where does that leave the SDA's?

I have read where an Adventist minister for 36 years, (Pastor Walter Rea) spent two years researching her writings and declared: “She was a plagiarist.” I heard the same about Joseph Smith.
dunno
Who is to say that these are genuine or not?

"Donald R. McAdams, president of Southwestern Adventist College in Keene, Texas, wrote: “Ellen White is so central to the lives of Seventh-day Adventists that her words impinge on practically every area of Adventist teaching and practice. . . . To consider her words as possibly derived from someone else and not necessarily the final authority introduces an element of chaos into the very heart of Adventism that makes all of us uneasy.”

So when you put your trust in a single individual who claims to be a prophet, I guess you have to throw caution to the wind and embrace what is told to you? That is what faith is all about....we all do it, but not all will be rewarded with an embrace. According to Jesus his rejection will come as a shock to "many" whom claim him as their "Lord". (Matthew 7:21-23)

Have you stopped looking?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That’s not what it’s only about - not even close.

Try actually reading it carefully and prayerfully.
Read numerous times. The Galatians certainly had a problem. But it wasn't that they were circumcised. Nor was it that they were doing other things they thought were right and lawful. Their problem was that they were trusting in those things to be justified before God. They thus were trying to circumvent grace. So what was that about an exact error comparison with adventists?