COVID-19 Mortality Rate Under 1%! .....GOOD NEWS!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the OP?? I quoted the mortality rate given by Dr. Price verbatim. He was citing CDC statistics. Do you HAVE to have a chart, lol? Do you think I’m lying? Do you think the former Secretary of HHS, who is a medical doctor, couldn’t possibly know what he’s talking about??

Well, let's take a look. From the CDC website:
CDC COVID Data Tracker

upload_2020-7-24_19-37-1.png

So 143,868 deaths, divided by 4,024,492 cases would be a mortality rate of about... 3.6%, according to CDC statistics. (my estimate was 1.5-3.0%) Which is actually pretty close to what most epidemiologists think the mortality rate will prove to be. I don't know where your guy got his numbers, but clearly they don't match those of CDC.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared with you a link to an article quite a few posts back.

Didn't see a checkable source,but I might have missed it. Mind posting a link or telling me the post number for that?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a prediction on a news channel investment program interview that about 25% of all malls in the US were expected to not reopen and close down permanently. That’s a 25% “mortality rate” for Malls from COVID-19. I am interested in seeing how close their predictions are to accurate.

Might be investment guys aren't as careful with their numbers as epidemiologists are. Keep in mind, malls are generally in trouble because people's shopping habits have changed. So the pandemic might be no more than the final blow that takes some of them out.

Which, I suppose does mean that COVID-19 will have killed off some of them, which might have otherwise survived.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He said in this interview that around 5% of those infected have required hospitalization.
Then you have to take the age groups into consideration also. Those over 85 are nearing their life expectancies (not shown separately).

CDC HOSPITALIZATIONS RATES
(most of those hospitalized had underlying medical conditions)
18-49 years---> 2.5/100,000
85+----------->17.2/100,000

So if you remove underlying medical conditions, you get the true picture. But one of the serious problems in all these reports is that there is no consistency in how numbers are being reported. In some reports it is numbers testing positive vs hospitalizations, in others it is per 100,000 of population (which is the standard measure), and in others it is percentage (which means nothing).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Might be investment guys aren't as careful with their numbers as epidemiologists are.
Quite the opposite. Epidemiologists have been playing fast and loose with all their data and trying to create panic and fear-mongering. They should all have been locked up when the first predictions turned out to be bogus.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the opposite. Epidemiologists have been playing fast and loose with all their data and trying to create panic and fear-mongering.

Notice that the deniers have consistently played fast and loose with the data, but epidemiologists were consistently going with the actual data as they came in. I just showed you how your guy blatantly misrepresented the data from CDC, which indicates a death rate of about 3.6, not less than 1.0, as you were told. There's really no way to hide it. It's right there on the CDC website. You can avoid being fooled so easily by looking things up for yourself.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the opposite. Epidemiologists have been playing fast and loose with all their data and trying to create panic and fear-mongering. They should all have been locked up when the first predictions turned out to be bogus.
Do not worry about that specific - they all , who are deceived by phrmk, (Revelation 18),
will be far far worse than "locked up", unless they repent.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you remove underlying medical conditions, you get the true picture. But one of the serious problems in all these reports is that there is no consistency in how numbers are being reported. In some reports it is numbers testing positive vs hospitalizations, in others it is per 100,000 of population (which is the standard measure), and in others it is percentage (which means nothing).

You can get it, but the lack of leadership in the WH left people with no direction as to reporting. The same standards used for influenza (deaths divided by people sick enough to seek treatment) gives a mortality of about 7.0. CDC's numbers include anyone with symptoms, giving a mortality rate of about 3.6.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gov. DeSantis Calls for Investigation as Those Not Tested for Coronavirus Receive Positive Results

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has asked the Department of Health to investigate following emerging reports of individuals receiving positive test results for the Chinese coronavirus, despite never taking the test.

“For that to come back positive, when there was no specimen submitted, is problematic, so I’ve heard it enough to be concerned about it,” DeSantis said this week.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/21/gov-desantis-calls-for-investigation-as-those-not-tested-for-coronavirus-receive-positive-results/

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has asked the Department of Health to investigate following emerging reports of individuals receiving positive test results for the Chinese coronavirus, despite never taking the test.

“For that to come back positive, when there was no specimen submitted, is problematic, so I’ve heard it enough to be concerned about it,” DeSantis said this week.
Happened in Austin , TX , also (someone from there testified (and others in many places (see online) ) -
twenty test kits were purchased , then sent in without swabbing anyone at all,
and TWELVE CAME BACK POSITIVE ! )

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gee, he "heard about it." That means it has to be true, doesn't it? I mean DeSantis would never lie, would he? It's a bit puzzling though, because DeSantis is still hiding data from the public:

Florida still not reporting daily coronavirus hospital admissions
The number of people entering hospitals each day for COVID-19 is key data that public health experts monitor to measure the potential strain on hospital systems.

Seems odd that he's hiding the data at the same time, he says he wants to look at it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happened in Austin , TX , also (someone from there testified (and others in many places (see online) ) -
twenty test kits were purchased , then sent in without swabbing anyone at all,
and TWELVE CAME BACK POSITIVE ! )

Checkable source? No, of course not.

"Evidence? We don't need no stinking evidence!"

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Checkable source? No, of course not.

"Evidence? We don't need no stinking evidence!"
You post so much that others say is false, and it does look that way, so, then, who cares ? (testable by reading all or most of your posts and questions and replies every day) ... .unless they get edited/ deleted to protect the guilty.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(and put a shirt on - there may be children and proper ladies watching the forum ! )

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't see a checkable source,but I might have missed it. Mind posting a link or telling me the post number for that?
I'll look for it, but Phoneman is about to go on hook for the night :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee, he "heard about it." That means it has to be true, doesn't it? I mean DeSantis would never lie, would he? It's a bit puzzling though, because DeSantis is still hiding data from the public:

Did you misquote DeSantis on purpose?

He said he's heard about it "enough" to know that it's a problem. This shows that he's not dealing with isolated cases. It's more widespread.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said he's heard about it enough to know that it's a problem. This shows that he's not dealing with isolated cases. It's more widespread.

But no data. Imagine that. If it was "widespread", you'd think he'd have something more than stories. And at the same time, he's trying to hide the data from us.

The number of people entering hospitals each day for COVID-19 is key data that public health experts monitor to measure the potential strain on hospital systems.

Seems odd that he's hiding the data at the same time, he says he wants to look at it. That's really all we need to know.