Dead to the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me like you are contradicting yourself here.

Trying to expose my preaching as "false" is not something that I would call "special favour".

Maybe you should start teaching some things on here and I will show you some special favour by exposing it as false.

You have basically "threatened me" with "special favour".

Maybe I should ask the Lord to show you some special favour by ruining your ministry, whatever it might be.

I think I will.

Because if you are setting out to destroy my ministry, I think it is only fair that the Lord should destroy your ministry.

Since the fact that you are opposing me in this manner identifies you as a false teacher from my perspective.

Just as you have identified me as a false teacher because of what I preach, I identify you as a false teacher by virtue of the fact that you reject my doctrine.

Jesus says to me,

Jhn 15:20, Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

and,

1Jo 4:4, Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:5, They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jo 4:6, We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

And He says to you,

Jhn 8:47, He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Hey, you take it any way you want, ok with me!

But I'm going to expose your false doctrine, I'm just man for the job!

If your ministry is destroyed it's because it's false!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it means is the you are no longer a slave to sin!

Romans 6:14, "sin shall not have dominion over you."

The sin nature is NOT dead, it is not rendered dead, it is rendered inactive.

Don't deny that you have been leading everyone here to believe the sin nature no longer exists after salvation!
Is that what you believe after reading my posts?

If so then I think that you misunderstand me.

When I say that the sin nature is rendered dead, I do mean that it is rendered inept.

And also, as a kind of hyperbole, Paul says in Colossians 2:11 that the "body of the sins of the flesh" is "put off from us" after it is "destroyed" (Romans 6:6 (kjv)).

If you are going to condemn me as a false teacher for sticking to the kjv and the words that it uses, then I don't know where we will go from here. Because it will mean that you do not accept the veracity of the kjv and therefore you are not a part of the audience that I am trying to reach with my ministry.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, you take it any way you want, ok with me!

But I'm going to expose your false doctrine, I'm just man for the job!

If your ministry is destroyed it's because it's false!
Same to you, buddy.

I don't think that you have the guts to teach anything here yourself, however.

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what you believe after reading my posts?

If so then I think that you misunderstand me.

When I say that the sin nature is rendered dead, I do mean that it is rendered inept.

And also, as a kind of hyperbole, Paul says in Colossians 2:11 that the "body of the sins of the flesh" is put off from us after it is "destroyed" (Romans 6:6 (kjv)).

If you are going to condemn me as a false teacher for sticking to the kjv and the words that it uses, then I don't know where we will go from here. Because it will mean that you do not accept the veracity of the kjv and therefore you are not a part of the audience that I am trying to reach with my ministry.

This is not a game we are playing here with the Word of God, and no, close don't count.

If you are going to teach a doctrine, you better know everything about it! What the key words of scripture in that doctrine mean in the Greek and Hebrew.

If you don't, you are gonna get shot down, my friend!

Oh, I've read enough of your posts to know where you stand on the sin nature! Don't throw that junk at me!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a game we are playing here with the Word of God, and no, close don't count.

If you are going to teach a doctrine, you better know everything about it! What the key words of scripture in that doctrine mean in the Greek and Hebrew.

Oh, I've read enough of your posts to know where you stand on the sin nature! Don't throw that junk at me!

It was the educated scribes and Pharisees who rejected Jesus; while the common people heard Him gladly.

In the same way, most people who are educated in the Greek and Hebrew have the tendency to have unbelief as concerning the better doctrines of holy scripture.

It is those who read the holy scriptures in their own language in reliance on the Holy Spirit who have the true meaning of the scriptures; for they do not go to the original languages (for all of the original manuscripts have been lost to us) that are not their own; but to the author of holy scripture to tell them what He means by what He wrote.

Also, the Lord is both Omnipotent and loving and sovereign; and therefore I believe that He has preserved His unadulterated message in every language in at least one translation in that language.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You haven't done so up to this point.

What are you waiting for?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We keep the first day of the week for church services because that's the way Paul did it!

Have you not read that in scripture?
No, I haven't seen in the Bible where the 4th commandment--in the middle of God's moral code-- has been cancel or its hallowedness transferred to Sunday. Nowhere. It's not in there.

One of David’s most beautiful prayers is recorded in Psalm 43:3. “O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.”

This same earnest petition to understand God’s Word should be in the heart of every sincere seeker for truth. A willingness to learn and to obey must characterize all of those who expect to be enlightened by the Holy Spirit. To such, the beautiful promise of the beatitude will be fulfilled. “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled” (Matthew 5:6).

But it does no good to pray for the truth if we have no intention to obey it when God answers our prayer. One of the greatest favors God can bestow upon us is to give knowledge of His Word. And the most presumptuous thing anybody can do is to pray for an understanding of God’s will and then refuse to obey, for any reason whatsoever, when the answer comes.

Many people are guilty of pulling the Bible down to match their poor, weak experience, instead of bringing their experience up to meet the requirements of the Word. There is only one great decisive test of truth, and that is the Bible. Every religious thought, every book we read, and every sermon we hear should be measured by the infallible rule of the inspired Scriptures. It does not matter what we were taught as children, or what the majority is following, or what our emotions lead us to think or believe. Those factors are invalid as a test of absolute truth. The ultimate question must be answered: What does the Word of God say on the subject?

Some people think that if they are sincere in what they believe, God will accept them and save them. However, sincerity alone is not enough. One can be sincere, and be sincerely wrong. I remember driving to West Palm Beach, Florida, several years ago. At least I thought I was going there. It was night, and I had not seen any road signs for quite awhile. Suddenly my car lights picked up a sign that read, “Belle Glade 14 miles.” Heartsick, I realized that I was traveling in the opposite direction from West Palm Beach. I was on the wrong road. No one could have been more sincere than I was that night, but I was sincerely wrong. Now, I could have continued down the road saying that somehow, somewhere up ahead I might find West Palm Beach. Instead, I turned the car around and went back to the place where I took the wrong turn and got on the right road leading to West Palm Beach. That was the only right thing to do.

God’s Word has a lot to say to those who are willing to be corrected. The people to be the most pitied are those who have closed minds. They will resist any information that varies from their personal views. Their minds are made up, and they don’t want to be bothered by the facts. This is especially true concerning the subject of the Sabbath.

Multitudes have inherited opinions about the day to be observed weekly, and they find it very difficult to look objectively at any other viewpoint. Many of them know that one of the Ten Commandments requires the keeping of the seventh day of the week. They also know that the seventh day is Saturday. Yet they tenaciously follow the tradition of observing a different day from the one God commanded. They worship on Sunday, the first day of the week, for which there is no biblical command.

Why do they do it? Most Sunday keepers have simply accepted the practice of the religious majority in the community where they were raised; assuming that it has to be right because so many are doing it. Is this a safe assumption? Has the majority usually been right in religious matters?
:)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I haven't seen in the Bible where the 4th commandment--in the middle of God's moral code-- has been cancel or its hallowedness transferred to Sunday. Nowhere. It's not in there.

Hi @BarnyFife...

What do you make of Acts of the Apostles 20:7-12 (the story of Eutychus) in which Paul preached into the night on a Sunday?

Is this not an example of how the church began to meet on the first day of the week rather than the last?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @BarnyFife...

What do you make of Acts of the Apostles 20:7-12 (the story of Eutychus) in which Paul preached into the night on a Sunday?

Is this not an example of how the church began to meet on the first day of the week rather than the last?
Hey, JBF, old pal,

It was dark outside because there were many lights in the upper chamber where they met. According to the ancient Hebrew reckoning of time, a new day started at sunset, so when were they gathering?

Saturday night

I've done a thorough study of every text in the Bible that mentions the first day of the week and found that not one nor all of them constitute an abrogation or alteration of the fourth commandment of God.

The moral of the story in Acts 20:7-12 is:

Don't fall asleep while sitting in an open window.

:):cool::D:)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, JBF, old pal,

It was dark outside because there were many lights in the upper chamber where they met. According to the ancient Hebrew reckoning of time, a new day started at sunset, so when were they gathering?

Saturday night
Does the sabbath begin on Saturday night or on Friday night and last until sundown on Saturday?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One of David’s most beautiful prayers is recorded in Psalm 43:3. “O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.”

This same earnest petition to understand God’s Word should be in the heart of every sincere seeker for truth. A willingness to learn and to obey must characterize all of those who expect to be enlightened by the Holy Spirit. To such, the beautiful promise of the beatitude will be fulfilled. “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled” (Matthew 5:6).

But it does no good to pray for the truth if we have no intention to obey it when God answers our prayer. One of the greatest favors God can bestow upon us is to give knowledge of His Word. And the most presumptuous thing anybody can do is to pray for an understanding of God’s will and then refuse to obey, for any reason whatsoever, when the answer comes.

Many people are guilty of pulling the Bible down to match their poor, weak experience, instead of bringing their experience up to meet the requirements of the Word. There is only one great decisive test of truth, and that is the Bible. Every religious thought, every book we read, and every sermon we hear should be measured by the infallible rule of the inspired Scriptures. It does not matter what we were taught as children, or what the majority is following, or what our emotions lead us to think or believe. Those factors are invalid as a test of absolute truth. The ultimate question must be answered: What does the Word of God say on the subject?

Some people think that if they are sincere in what they believe, God will accept them and save them. However, sincerity alone is not enough. One can be sincere, and be sincerely wrong. I remember driving to West Palm Beach, Florida, several years ago. At least I thought I was going there. It was night, and I had not seen any road signs for quite awhile. Suddenly my car lights picked up a sign that read, “Belle Glade 14 miles.” Heartsick, I realized that I was traveling in the opposite direction from West Palm Beach. I was on the wrong road. No one could have been more sincere than I was that night, but I was sincerely wrong. Now, I could have continued down the road saying that somehow, somewhere up ahead I might find West Palm Beach. Instead, I turned the car around and went back to the place where I took the wrong turn and got on the right road leading to West Palm Beach. That was the only right thing to do.

God’s Word has a lot to say to those who are willing to be corrected. The people to be the most pitied are those who have closed minds. They will resist any information that varies from their personal views. Their minds are made up, and they don’t want to be bothered by the facts. This is especially true concerning the subject of the Sabbath.

Multitudes have inherited opinions about the day to be observed weekly, and they find it very difficult to look objectively at any other viewpoint. Many of them know that one of the Ten Commandments requires the keeping of the seventh day of the week. They also know that the seventh day is Saturday. Yet they tenaciously follow the tradition of observing a different day from the one God commanded. They worship on Sunday, the first day of the week, for which there is no biblical command.

Why do they do it? Most Sunday keepers have simply accepted the practice of the religious majority in the community where they were raised; assuming that it has to be right because so many are doing it. Is this a safe assumption? Has the majority usually been right in religious matters?
:)

1 Cor. 16:2

"Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come."

Acts 20:7

"And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."

Reactions: justbyfaith

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine going to church knowing that Paul would be there to preach!

I would have loved to be present at that event!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine going to church knowing that Paul would be there to preach!

I would have loved to be present at that event!
The sabbath of the LORD thy God is not the Sabbath of the Apostle Paul. I'm going to need to see or hear about some revision chiseled in stone. The two texts you gave are not conclusive evidence that the fourth commandment of God has been changed. There are just as many Christians who believe the Sabbath has been absolved altogether as there are those who believe it has been changed, so when you folks can get together on what happened to the day God blessed and hallowed at the end of Creation Week, I'll have something to consider.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sabbath of the LORD thy God is not the Sabbath of the Apostle Paul. I'm going to need to see or hear about some revision chiseled in stone. The two texts you gave are not conclusive evidence that the fourth commandment of God has been changed. There are just as many Christians who believe the Sabbath has been absolved altogether as there are those who believe it has been changed, so when you folks can get together on what happened to the day God blessed and hallowed at the end of Creation Week, I'll have something to consider.

You do err, my friend! You have no right to judge me on the keeping of the Sabbath.

Christ came to fulfil the Law, including the Sabbath! He is now the Sabbath, our rest is found in HIM!

Col. 2:16-17

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ."

The Law, including the Sabbath and its observances was meant to point to the One who was to come, Jesus Christ!

Our rest is not found in observing a day of the week, it's found in Christ who kept the Law perfectly.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I do desire to keep the sabbath as it exists on Saturday and do not judge others on the issue but believe what Paul said about it that every man should be fully convinced in his own mind whatever point of view he has on it.

I believe that the whole issue of judging as concerning a sabbath day can be applied both ways. Some who actually observe the sabbath are judged as being "too legalistic" in their point of view; and I would say to this that Colossians 2:16 applies to this as well as the other.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What does Paul mean by "you also are become dead to the Law?".

It means that the law is abolished in the flesh of the dying Savior on the Cross.
Which caused this..

"you the born again, are no longer UNDER THE LAW, but UNDER GRACE".

This means that the law has no more dominion over you, and can not judge you ever again.

The LAW is given to the unrighteous, and the Blood Atonement is created to provide Righteousness.
Once it has been provided, to you.......then the Law is abolished from you. = it can't ever again judge you, which was the Law's CURSE upon you.

So, once you are born again, then "Christ has redeemed you from the CURSE of The Law"

The curse is gone, Christ bore it, and you are FREED from it.

You are now "under Grace" if you are born again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means that the law is abolished in the flesh of the dying Savior on the Cross.
Which caused this..

"you the born again, are no longer UNDER THE LAW, but UNDER GRACE".

This means that the law has no more dominion over you, and can not judge you ever again.

The LAW is given to the unrighteous, and the Blood Atonement is created to provide Righteousness.
Once it has been provided, to you.......then the Law is abolished from you. = it can't ever again judge you, which was the Law's CURSE upon you.

So, once you are born again, then "Christ has redeemed you from the CURSE of The Law"

The curse is gone, Christ bore it, and you are FREED from it.

You are now "under Grace" if you are born again.
Amen.

The law is abolished from us as concerning condemnation.

And also, the law is a governing factor in the life of the one who is under the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14; Romans 5:5).

Also, James 1:25 and James 2:10-12.