• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "moral law"? You cannot subdivide the Law. This was given as a covenant to Israel, and all had to be kept, not just part. James affirmed this in declaring, if you keep the whole Law but offend in just one point, you are guilty of all of it, that is, you are a lawbreaker.

Now as to the Law might be fulfilled in us, are you reading that as that the Law might be fulfilled BY us? It's different.

Much love!

The law is fulfilled in those who walk by the Spirit (Romans 8:3-4)

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you focus on Israel's covenant with God, when the Law of Love is actually much more comprehensive? It covers all of these, and much more besides. Is it that you find it easier to keep the 10 commandments than you do to trust and love at all times?

Much love!
Jesus obeyed the 10 Commandments because they were His Commandments.

nothing was made that wasn't made by Him. He didn't do away with any of the 10 and He didn't have any laws separate/different from the Father. He taught all of the 10 Commandments in the gospels and we are directed to obey them as He did.

Matt. 23:1-3
1 John 2:6

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To believe, believes, are present tense. A present tense in Greek continues. Salvation is for those who are believing - continuous.

Salvation is Christ on the Cross.

He is Salvation.

When we give God our Faith in Christ, God gives us "the Gift of Salvation" that is forgiveness of all our sin and, then God gives us the New Birth.

That is Salvation completed.......

Being Born again, is proof you have God's Salvation.

Its a BIRTH in the Spirit, setst777..

"born again"..........this means the person has BECOME a "Son/Daughter" in Christ.

You dont keep believing to keep being one...........its DONE.

"Born again"

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is Christ on the Cross.

He is Salvation.

When we give God our Faith in Christ, God gives us "the Gift of Salvation" that is forgiveness of all our sin and, then God gives us the New Birth.

That is Salvation completed.......

Being Born again, is proof you have God's Salvation.

Its a BIRTH in the Spirit, setst777..

"born again"..........this means the person has BECOME a "Son/Daughter" in Christ.

You dont keep believing to keep being one...........its DONE.

"Born again"

You keep saying that, but you are in disagreement with Lord Jesus and the entire NT.

I already gave you the teaching of Lord Jesus on this issue; yet, you flat out reject Lord Jesus.

Equally, you will reject the entire NT. Born again Christians are required to continue in the faith manifested by sowing to the Spirit without giving up to inherit eternal life by the Spirit

The Spirit gives eternal life only to those believers who continue to sow to the Spirit without giving up.

Galatians 6:7-9 (WEB) Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{{from the Spirit}}} reap eternal life. 9 {{{Let us}}} not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we {{{do not give up}}}.

Romans 8:12-14 (NIV) 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, {{{we}}} have an obligation — but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit {{{you}}} put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Galatians 5:25 (WEB) 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if Jesus sinned, then how was He the sinless Savior?
What part of LORD of the Sabbath don't you understand?
How did he respond to those law-promoting Pharisees who "caught" him and his disciples gathering and eating on the Sabbath?
The most basic violation of Sabbath law. Remember the Manna? (Exodus 16)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope, I'm one of those Bible Believing Christians who found very easily in the Bible, through honest and diligent study, that the Commandments were given to all mankind.
Honest and diligent study?
Diligent fits.
Myopic and diligent maybe?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing at all.

it is God who works in us and through us to obey and follow Christ.
So, you are claiming to follow and obey Christ?
How are you doing on your list?

Matthew 10:8 NIV
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons.
Freely you have received; freely give.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wonder if you know what that means. If the Christ is LORD of the Sabbath, how can you say he sinned?

How did he respond to those law-promoting Pharisees who "caught" him and his disciples gathering and eating on the Sabbath?

The LORD desires mercy, not sacrifice.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if you know what that means. If the Christ is LORD of the Sabbath, how can you say he sinned?
I didn't say he sinned.
That it false witness born against me by those who claim to keep the Ten Commandments.

John 1:17 NIV
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LORD desires mercy, not sacrifice.
That's part of it. What about the rest?
Jesus implicates himself by citing David and his companions.
Then he indicates that eating the consecrated bread was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests.
And the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath.

Matthew 12:3-5 NIV
He answered, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4 He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5 Or haven’t you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent?

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say he sinned.
That it false witness born against me by those who claim to keep the Ten Commandments.

John 1:17 NIV
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
There appears to be some posts on this board that were deleted in which you appear to implicate Lord Jesus in sinning because he broke the Law.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did He sin or not?

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honest and diligent study?
Diligent fits.
Myopic and diligent maybe?
I see. so you CAN'T read.

Have somebody read this to you and see if it makes a dent:

10 Ye stand this day all of you before the Lord your God; your captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, with all the men of Israel,

11 Your little ones, your wives, and thy stranger that is in thy camp, from the hewer of thy wood unto the drawer of thy water:

Deut. 29:10-11

14 Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;

15 But with him that standeth here with us this day before the Lord our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day:

Deut. 29:14-15

anything?

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are claiming to follow and obey Christ?
How are you doing on your list?

Matthew 10:8 NIV
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons.
Freely you have received; freely give.
yes, yes. your kind makes fun of the Truth because that's what they've seen their pulpit masters do for so many years.

exaggerate and make light of the Truth in a tired attempt to ridicule and mock those who have True Faith and actually make an effort to live as God has commanded.

it's okay, YOU will never be capable of obeying ... and claiming that we must do every single thing Christ ever did, including riding into Jerusalem on a donkey, just comforts you with reassurance in your daily habitual sin lifestyle.

go ahead. carry on. God doesn't call, nor choose, those who insist on living THEIR own way and forsaking all that He has done for them for a life of pleasure and immediate gratification.

you are not alone, but the wide path that you populate doesn't lead where you hope it does.

the narrow path, populated by all those you mock and ridicule, is the humble and difficult path to ultimate salvation.

few understand that.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of what value is old covenant law keeping if you can't save yourself?
what value is there in our pets or children obeying us?

does it not protect them from severe harm as when we call them out of the street when a truck is coming and they obey rather than doing their own will and being destroyed?

the value of keeping the 10 Commandments that Christ kept is in obedience to God Almighty.

He wrote them in stone for a reason and they are for our own greater good as well as the fact that they identify us spiritually as His children.

Jesus says His sheep hear, and know, His voice. other sheep won't listen to Him, but His sheep will.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say he sinned.
wrong. you said in post #48 that Jesus did not keep all the 10 Commandments and proceeded to make the case that He broke the Sabbath.

1 John 3:4 defines that as sin and I had already posted John 15:10 which declares that Jesus DID keep them all.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Bible Rejectors, Heretics, and the deceived blaspheme the power of the Cleansing BLOOD of Jesus , by teaching that only past sins are forgiven by the Sacrifice of Christ on the Cross.
Paul teaches, that the Cross Of Christ is = "THE "ETERNAL Sacrifice for sin"" that is the finished work of Jesus on The Cross..

How do you know its Eternal ?
How do you know the BLOOD ATONEMENT, the NEW COVENANT, written in the Blood of Jesus is "ETERNAL"?, and not just temporary, or "past only" sins are forgiven?

1.) Well, one of the ways you know is that when The Blood Of Jesus has washed away your sin, you have ETERNAL LIFE< and eternal life is not Temporary.
So, the "Power of the Blood of Jesus"..>Its FRUIT, is "ETERNAL LIFE", that is now the Born again Believer's, spiritual domain.

ALSO....

2.) Because the Cross of Cross is 2000 yrs ago, and its still paying for sin TODAY, for as Long as God lives to keep offering ""the Gift of Salvation""" as "the Gift of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

Reader...Listen..

There is a "damned" Galatians 1:8 cult teaching that says...>>>"only the sins that you committed before you are born again, are forgiven"

And that denies the Lord's "ETERNAL Sacrifice for Sin"""

So, the Self Righteous, play this game......Reader..

= "As long as i remember all my sin to confess, God will keep saving me over and over, and forgive me over and over".

So that is now the person up on the Cross..Confessing to try to stay saved....., and Jesus is ripped off the nails by their Self Righteousness.

A.) (Self Saving). = Christ denying.

The Born Again, who understand the "" ONE TIME...ETERAL Sacrifice of Christ "" as """God hath made Jesus to be SIN for us" ...know that Jesus has their sin, and They have become a "new creation in Christ' ....."Made Righteous." and are "one with God" "In Christ", and there is no sin found there.

AS...."::Being Now = made free from sin"::, is the eternal fruit of Jesus's Sacrifice on the Cross. Paul teaches.

See that 'NOW". ????? "NOW being made free from sin"?

That means = right NOW.... and for always.. "being made free"..."from sin".

That is the Power of the Blood Atonement.
So as I do not misunderstand you, are you saying here that sins not yet committed are already forgiven?