• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because you read it like this..

Your sin is in the Past.....
Your sin is "the old man of sin, that is Crucified with Christ". Its "dead".

You sin ended when you were born again, and "God hath made Jesus to be sin for Us".

The Christian is the born again Spirit, not the body or the mind.
Your body is dead because of sin, and you'll get a new one that is created for the born again spirit that is SINLESS.
So, the 'new Creation in Christ" that is joined to God and Christ, has no sin, and is made free from sin..

Thats the eternal purpose of the Cross, Nancy.

And a person says....Well, what if i think about killing my mother and i want to do it., or maybe i want to rob a bank"....

That is your MIND< that is not your born again Spirit.
Your MIND has no bearing on who you have become as BORN AGAIN..

Where believers have an issue with "Made free from sin", is that they dont see themselves as God sees them.
They dont realize that their body and their mind is not "born again", and that is where you THINK about things and you feel ,...and because you think about things, you believe that this is who you are...
But that is not Spiritual Reality.
That is just your mind., and nothing else.

Spiritual Reality is the ONLY Reality that God is dealing with.. and that is us as a BORN AGAIN Spirit...that is 'in Christ" and "one With God"., right now and forever.
That is how you have to THINK, or your mind is not like GOD's mind, at all.
See, There is no sin found In Christ or in God and the Born again are IN THEM.... = Spiritually, and this is the Son/Daughter of God.

The carnal Christian sees themselves as "how i THINK i am"....but God sees them only a "born again" "new Creation" In Christ"... "made Righteous".

God only sees you as How the Blood and Death of Christ has cleansed you and then the Holy Spirit birthed your Spirit.

That is God's mind, and when you dont have that mind, then your mind is carnal and "thinks" wrong about who you are "in Christ"

This is wrong believing, and that is broken faith.

So, the issue isn't sin.

The issue is...... seeing yourself as God has recreated you to be, "in Christ"....... or not.
EXCELLENT!!......AMEN!!!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you reconcile this verse with "past AND future sins were forgiven.
Good question.

One way to view this, is that the Atonement paid the death penalty for SIN (singular)
That would cover past, present and future SINS. (plural) IMHO

To be clear, this does not mean future (or present) sins should go unconfessed.
They are still individual personal transgressions that need to be reconciled.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you read it like this..

Your sin is in the Past.....
Your sin is "the old man of sin, that is Crucified with Christ". Its "dead".

You sin ended when you were born again, and "God hath made Jesus to be sin for Us".

The Christian is the born again Spirit, not the body or the mind.
Your body is dead because of sin, and you'll get a new one that is created for the born again spirit that is SINLESS.
So, the 'new Creation in Christ" that is joined to God and Christ, has no sin, and is made free from sin..

Thats the eternal purpose of the Cross, Nancy.

And a person says....Well, what if i think about killing my mother and i want to do it., or maybe i want to rob a bank"....

That is your MIND< that is not your born again Spirit.
Your MIND has no bearing on who you have become as BORN AGAIN..

Where believers have an issue with "Made free from sin", is that they dont see themselves as God sees them.
They dont realize that their body and their mind is not "born again", and that is where you THINK about things and feel ,...and because you think about things, you believe that this is who you are...
But that is not Spiritual Reality.
That is just your mind., and nothing else.

Spiritual Reality is the ONLY Reality that God is dealing with.. and that is us as a BORN AGAIN Spirit...that is 'in Christ" and "one With God"., right now and forever.
That is how you have to THINK, or your mind is not like GOD's mind, at all.
See, There is no sin found In Christ or in God and the Born again are IN THEM.... = Spiritually, and this is the Son/Daughter of God.

The carnal Christian sees themselves as "how i THINK i am"....but God sees them only a "born again" "new Creation" In Christ"... "made Righteous".

God only sees you as How the Blood and Death of Christ has cleansed you sin, forever.... and then the Holy Spirit birthed your Spirit, into God's SPIRIT,'

See that? That is the Born AGAIN "Son-Daughter" of God.

That is God's mind, and when you dont have that mind, then your mind is carnal and "thinks" wrong about who you are "in Christ"

This is wrong believing, and that is broken faith.

So, the issue isn't sin.

The issue is...... seeing yourself as God has recreated you to be, "in Christ"....... or not.
Thank you :)

Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
did Jesus say to Peter if he didn't allow Him to wash his feet he would have no part with Him?

Its because Jesus had not died yet on the Cross so that the Blood of Jesus could and would wash away Peter's sin.

Once the Cross was Raised followed by the Resurrection of Jesus.... all Peter's sin was gone.

"Got hath made Jesus to be SIN for us".

"Jesus is the one time ETERNAL sacrifice for SIN"

= ETERNAL..... means forever and ever.

That is the POWER of the Blood of Jesus. that is the BLOOD ATONEMENT.

"without the shedding of BLOOD there is no forgiveness of SIN".

See that? So, there goes the water ..... theology.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Don’t you believe in predestination, @Behold ?

I believe this.

John 3:16..... "For God so love the WORLD".... which means the Cross is offered to everyone.

Luke 12:32... Jesus said...."If i be lifted up from the Earth i will draw ALL people to me"..

So, that is what i believe.
I believe that Jesus , as the Holy Spirit, is always offering Salvation to the World. To Everyone.

I Believe that when i tell a group of unbelievers that they are all welcome to go to the Cross of Christ, then they have the choice to go or not.

And God knows who will, but does not choose who wont., as if God was choosing some to go to heaven and some were chosen to God to Hell, then how can God hold them accountable for rejecting Christ, if they were not allowed to believe?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To be clear, this does not mean future (or present) sins should go unconfessed.

If Jesus didn't pay for all your sin, then the Cross is useless.

Look at this verse...

"Jesus is the one time.......ETERNAL.....sacrifice for sin"

Eternal = Once for ALL time...forever.

How did He do that?

"God hath made Jesus To BE SIN.....for us".

Jesus's BODY became our lifetime of sin, and it DIED.....as the Cross of Christ.... This Sacrifice.

So, if you are confessing sin, you are confessing what Jesus died to pay for already, 2000 yrs ago.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe this.

John 3:16..... "For God so love the WORLD".... which means the Cross is offered to everyone.

Luke 12:32... Jesus said...."If i be lifted up from the Earth i will draw ALL people to me"..

So, that is what i believe.
I believe that Jesus , as the Holy Spirit, is always offering Salvation to the World. To Everyone.

I Believe that when i tell a group of unbelievers that they are all welcome to go to the Cross of Christ, then they have the choice to go or not.

And God knows who will, but does not choose who wont., as if God was choosing some to go to heaven and some were chosen to God to Hell, then how can God hold them accountable for rejecting Christ, if they were not allowed to believe?
I agree, Amen!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
They are still individual personal transgressions that need to be reconciled.

They were paid for by the Blood of Jesus, 2000 yrs ago.

"The one time ETERNAL sacrifice for sin"

Jesus also took care of the LAW.., as the Law is what defined your carnal deeds as "sin".

"Jesus is the END of the LAW, for Righteousness, to everyone who Believes".

This means there is no LAW that can accuse you or define you, anymore.

Jesus is our "Heavenly Advocate" our ETERNAL Pardon....

"The born again are NOT UNDER THE LAW.......but under Grace'"

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its because Jesus had not died yet on the Cross so that the Blood of Jesus could and would wash away Peter's sin.

Once the Cross was Raised followed by the Resurrection of Jesus.... all Peter's sin was gone.

"Got hath made Jesus to be SIN for us".

"Jesus is the one time ETERNAL sacrifice for SIN"

= ETERNAL..... means forever and ever.

That is the POWER of the Blood of Jesus. that is the BLOOD ATONEMENT.

"without the shedding of BLOOD there is no forgiveness of SIN".

See that? So, there goes the water ..... theology.
Except brother that this doesn't hold water I'm afraid. Don't forget that Jesus also said, "ye have had the bath and are every whit clean". And that He was setting an example to be carried into the future, that we should likewise wash one another's feet in humility.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do some actually believe that water washes away their sin?

Read what Lisbeth is posting to me, right now.

Also, ask any Catholic.

They will tell you......."water baptism is required to be saved"...."water washes away your sin".

This is... "Baptismal Regeneration".... Its the "CULT of MARY"....teaching, that is found in their DEMONIC BIBLE...the "Douay Rheims" that teaches in .. John 3.... That...

= you are, "Born again BY WATER"...

"BY WATER"...

"Born again.......,. by WATER"....

Not by the Holy Spirit.......but "Born again...... BY WATER"..

The DEVIL loves that false Gospel.

why?

Because thousands of water baptized religious people go to hell every single day, believing that the water washed their sin away.

Really.

God said this.... "without the shedding of BLOOD, there is no forgiveness of SIN".

• Wow

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Read what Lisbeth is posting to me, right now.

Also, ask any Catholic.

They will tell you......."water baptism is required to be saved"...."water washes away your sin".

This is... "Baptismal Regeneration".... Its the "CULT of MARY"....teaching, that is found in their DEMONIC BIBLE...the "Douay Rheims" that teaches in .. John 3.... That...

= you are, "Born again BY WATER"...

"BY WATER"...

"Born again.......,. by WATER"....

Not by the Holy Spirit.......but "Born again...... BY WATER"..

The DEVIL loves that false Gospel.
why?

Because thousands of water baptized religious people go to hell every single day, believing that the water washed their sin away.

Really.

God said this.... "without the shedding of BLOOD, there is no forgiveness of SIN".
No wonder a lot of this teaching on here is foreign to me....I have to ignore it now.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No wonder a lot of this teaching on here is foreign to me....I have to ignore it now.

Just look for the CROSS in their "how im saved" and "what keeps me saved".

Its MISSING.

THE CROSS OF CHRIST = is not works, its not obedience, its not water baptism.

Here is how the Heretic always sounds....

""""""Yes i know that Jesus saved me.....but now i have to keep this and do that.....so that i keep myself saved""""

And that "keep myself saved". is a LIST... Its a SELF SAVING list of do's and don't do's, and if they do all that, then they believe they go to heaven..., they hope.

Listen for this LIST in their...,"how i am saved and stay saved".... comments.

1.)Law
2.) Commandments
3.) Water bap
4.) Holding onto faith
5.) works , works, and more works
6.) enduring to the end
7.) confessing sin.

Most believers are trusting in that list to get them to heaven.

Notice WHO is not on their Self Saving List?

JESUS.

What they do, is say... "oh sure, He's my Savior, but now let me show you what you have to do to go to heaven, to stay saved"

SEE THE LIST.
They always have a LIST.

That is how you spot a : HERETIC

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Cross of Christ rejects the city water supply as your Salvation.

And so should you.
Well then won't you please expound what you believe Jesus to have been talking about with the washing of feet. You did not address the point of my post. What did Jesus mean by saying even though we have had the bath and are every whit clean.....we still need to periodically have our feet washed and if we don't, we have no part with Him! Must be important then! Shouldn't we be like Peter who relented and said in that case, wash my feet then Lord, by all means, any time I need it!

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well then won't you please expound what you believe Jesus to have been talking about with the washing of feet.

Before the Cross, when Jesus was talking to those Jews, He was explaining that when you "walk in the world" you get dirty.
That is symbolic, so, HE washes the part that get's dirty.
That's symbolic.

So, He's showing us that He is the Washer, He is the Cleanser, He is the Word, He is the WAY to be made clean.

Ephesians 5:26

to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

New Living Translation
to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.

English Standard Version
that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

Berean Standard Bible
to sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Berean Literal Bible
so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water by the word,

King James Bible
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

New King James Version
that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

That's the Cross of Christ.
That's the Blood of Jesus.

Notice that Jesus said............."You must be born again"... and that is not about washing your body. That is about the Blood of Jesus making your sin, as white as snow.

Washing your feet wont get you into heaven.
But being washed in the Blood of The Lamb will remove the SIN, that is stopping you from being joined to God.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t you believe in predestination, @Behold ?

9 Bible Verses about Predestined People​

Romans+8-29+Conformed+Into+The+Image+Of+Christ.jpg

Most Relevant Verses​

">Romans 8:29-30

For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

Verse page
"">Ephesians 1:5
Verse Concepts
He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,
Verse page
" >Ephesians 1:11
Verse Concepts
also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,
Verse page
>Acts 13:48
Verse Concepts
When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
Verse page
";">2 Thessalonians 2:13
Verse Concepts
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Election by God is for those who love God evidenced by faith in Lord Jesus (Romans 8:28).

From the foundation of the world, who is the “us” whom God elected to inherit His promises? In answer, God has elected, from the foundation of the world, those who love God to inherit His promises. These are the ones God foreknew to inherit his blessings, and has predestined these to inherit His promises. These are the ones God calls by the Gospel.

By faith in Lord Jesus, after hearing the Gospel, the believer is justified, and gains access to God’s saving grace.

Romans 5:1-2 (ENIV) Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we [those who believe] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we [those who believe] boast in the hope of the glory of God.

Romans 8:28-31 (EWEB) 28 We know that all things work together for good {{{for those who love God}}}, for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he foreknew [those who love God: vs. 28], he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 Whom he predestined, those he also called [by the Gospel]. Whom he called, those he also justified [God justifies those who believe: Romans 5:1]. Whom he justified, those he also glorified [the believer is glorified in Christ Jesus: Romans 5:2]. 31 What then shall {{we}} [those who love God: vs. 28] say about these things? If God is for {{us}} [those who love God: vs. 28], who can be against {{us}} [those who love God: vs. 28]?

1 Corinthians 2:9 (EWEB) But as it is written, “Things which an eye didn’t see, and an ear didn’t hear, which didn’t enter into the heart of man, these God has prepared for those who love him.” [Isaiah 64:4]

Reactions: Keturah

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what eternally disqualifies you from going to Heaven.

John 3:36​

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

"""He who believes and trusts in the Son and accepts Him [as Savior] has eternal life [that is, already possesses it]; but he who does not believe the Son and chooses to reject Him, [disobeying Him and denying Him as Savior] will not see [eternal] life, but [instead] the wrath of God hangs over him eternally"".

The entire NT teaches us what "believes" means by which we "belong to Christ," and is succinctly expressed in the following Passage:

Galatians 5:24-25 (WEB) 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us {{{keep in step}}} with the Spirit.

Reactions: Keturah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
crucified the flesh

Yes, when we enter into spiritual relationship with God, through the Cross of Christ, our "old man of sin is crucified with Christ'.

Jesus has become our sin, .. and our old man of sin is dead, and we are "raised in newness of Life" as Born again, as a "new Creation, in Christ".